criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Legendary Falcon Player

Prev1
Ok ok i know the title is a bit too egoist, but here take a look :smiley:

I dont call myself the best SA pilot, cause there are plenty equally good or even better ones...but if its about the falcons...Than its me :D :D

Ryloth is the hardest map to survive with the Falcons cause its too opened(plus cause of the HP nerf on the falcons since July thy dice...), not too many covers, only the phase 2 part has some good stuff there but the rest is about your teammates and luck. Its a bit laggy so sometimes my dmg isnt registered, little teleportations and etc. etc. sorry for that!
u can see a beautifull escape from 1min, the chasing foe crashed while tried...often happens
tcs5agtz7cff.gif
This video is also a good example what Finn said - Stay Low, Stay Low - Most of the players who plays with the Old Junk flies too high, too seeable and circling around the midair...i mean space waiting for somekind of miracle to outturn their opponent which is impossible. U need to stay low, cover your 4ss and run.
edit:
Again the exploding bug happened which almost killed me at 4:42(the explosion forced me to the wall)
3b81ofd486mu.jpg

Replies

• U wot m8?
  • LOL STARFIGHTER ASSAULT.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    du2UASv.gif
  • Lando is also my favourite Falcon.
    Haves quite a punch with the synchronized lasers and eats through Objectives.
    Going in on Fondor you can also take out the Shield generators super fast.
  • Is Lando's Falcon the best Falcon?
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• U wot m8?

Challenge me...If you dare :D
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Is Lando's Falcon the best Falcon?

No it isnt, but for Ryloth Lando has the most chance to not die cause of his mobility. My personal Fav is Hans falcon, i use it almost everytime, only on Ryloth i use Lando.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Good Job Lando!
  • Hans falcon is better for shredding objectives.

Landos is better for dogfighting.

Rey and chewie... good for nothing but fodder.

I absolutely slay no matter what ship I’m in. Pulling off those imellmans.
  • Lando falcon and not Han?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5312379

Anyway good gameplay, you are just a bit too harsh on the trigger and you could use some work on the management of your engines.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • Hans falcon is better for shredding objectives.

Landos is better for dogfighting.

I absolutely slay no matter what ship I’m in. Pulling off those imellmans.

Agreed, Han is the best but he is slower than Lando so on Ryloth its really hard to lose an intercepter.
    Lando falcon and not Han?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5312379

Anyway good gameplay, you are just a bit too harsh on the trigger and you could use some work on the management of your engines.

Han all the way, but i have some flying experience with both and Lando feels better on Ryloth. What kind of management u mean ? :D
    Lando is also my favourite Falcon.
    Haves quite a punch with the synchronized lasers and eats through Objectives.
    Going in on Fondor you can also take out the Shield generators super fast.

On fondor i use Han only, plenty of covers, not even the HP card is necessary when i am flying there. Anyway how many members u have in JBS? Can u fill a full party? If yes do u wanna have an event against us? The renegades :)
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Seronax wrote: »
    Han all the way, but i have some flying experience with both and Lando feels better on Ryloth. What kind of management u mean ? :D

You tend to accelerate again too early in dogfights making your turns bigger and leaving you a bit more open or you do not decelerate fast enough when you engage someone sometimes, you've got the idea of how and when to do it, you just have the timing a bit off sometimes. It's miles better than in your after the nerf falcon video but it still can use some work and seems to be your main flaw to me (with how you are tensed on the trigger) but still really good play.
    giphy.gif
  • Always hyped to see a fellow SA enthusiast!
  • Seronax
    547 posts Member
    edited February 4
    Seronax wrote: »

You tend to accelerate again too early in dogfights making your turns bigger and leaving you a bit more open or you do not decelerate fast enough when you engage someone sometimes, you've got the idea of how and when to do it, you just have the timing a bit off sometimes. It's miles better than in your after the nerf falcon video but it still can use some work and seems to be your main flaw to me (with how you are tensed on the trigger) but still really good play.
    giphy.gif

Thanks for the feedback! Well i guess i dont decelerate that fast cause its not in my intention to do it, i dont dogfight much with the falcons cause they arent good for that. i guess when i did i just saw the player name late and if i know the guy is dangerous to ignore than i choose to hunt them down. But normally i destroy everything in sight and ignore those who get behind. I have more chance to outrun them than fight with them 😁 Anyway do u have any falcon video to see u in action, cause i wanna see others playstyle too

edit:
    A Han gameplay for you on UR
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• TjPunx
    1573 posts Member
    I didn’t know SA was still in the game
    Thanks for the feedback! Well i guess i dont decelerate that fast cause its not in my intention to do it, i dont dogfight much with the falcons cause they arent good for that. i guess when i did i just saw the player name late and if i know the guy is dangerous to ignore than i choose to hunt them down. But normally i destroy everything in sight and ignore those who get behind. I have more chance to outrun them than fight with them 😁 Anyway do u have any falcon video to see u in action, cause i wanna see others playstyle too

edit:

Good run, your engine managment is worse here so you have improved since last month. Saddly no I don't have a good one online, I don't play much the falcon eventhough they are 40.
    My playstyles for the falcons are han: doing as much damage on the obj before dying, lando: dogfight, rey: **** I missclicked, better crash myself and get some points back.

edit:

Good run, your engine managment is worse here so you have improved since last month. Saddly no I don't have a good one online, I don't play much the falcon eventhough they are 40.
    My playstyles for the falcons are han: doing as much damage on the obj before dying, lando: dogfight, rey: **** I missclicked, better crash myself and get some points back.

I see, well when i play with the lightside 90% i play with the falcons, Focusing the objectives mostly, kill enemy heroships on my way but not dogfighting with them, if i wanna dogfight i use Poe or Yoda. My main goal is to survive the whole match while taking out the objectives. With this playstyle and speedbuild i am really hard to take down. And these are the times when i miss we dont have stat page 😁😁😁

Do u play on Pc? If yes what region?
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• CloudWalker
    374 posts Member
    edited February 4
    I play Poe and Luke for dogfight and Han falcon to nuke the objectiv to clutch the win, kinda do the same darkside with Kylo and Boba dogfight and Maul to nuke. I tend to clear the sky so teamates can get runs on the objectiv, still hitting it if I'm not streaking or if it is close.
    I have a friend running the same build as you, I just go wookie engineer, tuned lasers and missiles myself for as much damage possible in that one run, if I streak with han to level up I go engine, health, afterburner.
    I don't really miss scoreboards but I wish there were a way ith dice to see our best scores to try and beat them lol.
    Yeah pc player, eu mostly but I switch to na after 1 am because it gets hard to have player after, we are both in the black squadron channel.

edit: I was having a discussion about streaks with someone on reddit and he sent me some world records and I actually found a very good example of how to manage the engines perfectly in it
    (it's on console though but it is so spot on in this gameplay)
    Post edited by CloudWalker on
  • Seronax
    547 posts Member
    edited February 4
    I play Poe and Luke for dogfight and Han falcon to nuke the objectiv to clutch the win, kinda do the same darkside with Kylo and Boba dogfight and Maul to nuke. I tend to clear the sky so teamates can get runs on the objectiv, still hitting it if I'm not streaking or if it is close.
    I have a friend running the same build as you, I just go wookie engineer, tuned lasers and missiles myself for as much damage possible in that one run, if I streak with han to level up I go engine, health, afterburner.
    I don't really miss scoreboards but I wish there were a way ith dice to see our best scores to try and beat them lol.
    Yeah pc player, eu mostly but I switch to na after 1 am because it gets hard to have player after, we are both in the black squadron channel.

edit: I was having a discussion about streaks with someone on reddit and he sent me some world records and I actually found a very good example of how to manage the engines perfectly in it

SENT Twice..xd damn forum read bellow
    Post edited by Seronax on
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• What is the Lando Speedbuild?

Faster Endspeed
    Faster Boost Reload
    Better Handling or I think in the video you used more hitpoints.
  • I play Poe and Luke for dogfight and Han falcon to nuke the objectiv to clutch the win, kinda do the same darkside with Kylo and Boba dogfight and Maul to nuke. I tend to clear the sky so teamates can get runs on the objectiv, still hitting it if I'm not streaking or if it is close.

Well to give my thoughts about his video with my 800hrs SA under my belt...lets begin!

First Phase - Camping the enemies Spawn

Second Phase - Still Camping the enemy spawn while doing a little obj.

At 6:30 a really bad escape(spinning like crazy in a straight line = 0 effect :D) if its a Maul behind him its GGWP

At 6:43 Trying to shake off + outturn the enemy really poorly which is impossible as i mentioned before even with Lando. You have to keep up your distance between you and the chasers! If there is no premaded team to sup him/or the other team would have at least one decent foe than its done.

Third Phase - they are still camping the enemies spawn and ignoreing the objective(for longer game=more kills ofc)

9:50 he uses an afterburner but he cancel it faster while slowing down to turn more faster(as u mentioned the engine management)
    I'll tell you why i dont do this often, u can see it on this video too, cause of EA quality servers u lagg hard which means when u cancel your afterburner while turning what u see and what the server"feels"is bit different=your ship location will be different than you expect it, which is okey in"midspace"but when you are flying through on tight places with max speed it will be fatal...for real.

Final Phase - still camping the enemy team spawn...

So definitly he is an insanely good pilot, no doubt but on PC he would die in seconds with this flying style against normal or above average players. Overall it was a premaded Campfest what i really dont like to do.( I know for the sake of the high killcount but still not nice)
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• What is the Lando Speedbuild?

Faster Endspeed
    Faster Boost Reload
    Better Handling or I think in the video you used more hitpoints.

Han

Engine Upgrade - 16% base speed+
    Engine Heat Dissipator - Afterburner CD decrease

Switching cards depend on map/phase :

Reinforced Hull - 20% HP
    Wookiee Engineering - 20% Dmg bonus on Special Modificiation

Lando
    Engine Upgrade
    Engine Heat Dissipator

Switching Cards depend on map/phase :

Reinforced Hull
    Elite Pilot - Rare times
    I used to picked Elite Pilot quite often but since the falcons unnecessary HP nerf it would be super too risky to use again.

Btw i i asked u before but i ask it again :D Does JBS has enough pilots to fill 10-12 spots for an event? Recently we are making events against BLK, premade battles between the best pilots. Wanna have more option if your team is interested in :D
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Gold_Cpt_Vander
    53 posts Member
    edited February 4
    JBS has currently 4 pilots speaking german/english. With two very good pilots, and two tryhard good pilots. :) All of them rarely online at the same time. When we are though the other team somehow dissappears. ;)
    So we can't fill a 10 men but it would be possible to fill one Team up. And yes, JBS_Speudi and JBS_Phantombolt talked about setting up some premade matches.
    All in a friendly sporting atmosphere and if possible without Hero ships taking.
    We do "men's flying" ;)
  • @Seronax Of course it's a streak gameplay so the decision making isn't one of trying to win the map and you also need a bad lobby to do this. I'm just trying to show you how he manages his speed when and why he decelerates and accelerate so you can improve your play, the rest is not relevant, it just happens that the first video showing it well was a streak gameplay. ^^
  • @Seronax Of course it's a streak gameplay so the decision making isn't one of trying to win the map and you also need a bad lobby to do this. I'm just trying to show you how he manages his speed when and why he decelerates and accelerate so you can improve your play, the rest is not relevant, it just happens that the first video showing it well was a streak gameplay. ^^

True. Also some players form a clan and get the enemy team to help them with steaks so this could be a fake kill streak.
  • JBS has currently 4 pilots speaking german/english. With two very good pilots, and two tryhard good pilots. :) All of them rarely online at the same time. When we are though the other team somehow dissappears. ;)
    So we can't fill a 10 men but it would be possible to fill one Team up. And yes, JBS_Speudi and JBS_Phantombolt talked about setting up some premade matches.
    All in a friendly sporting atmosphere and if possible without Hero ships taking.
    We do "men's flying" ;)

Personally i can agree with that...doing a 4v4 premade with randoms without using heroships just need to find a good time, Maybe this weekend! I know both Speudi and Phantombolt. Good players!

btw why do u wanna avoid to use Hero? :D I hope JBS will find new members soon so we can play a normal premaded game !
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Gold_Cpt_Vander
    53 posts Member
    edited February 6
    We like to avoid Heroes as we usually don't play Hero ships. Some of us have a highest Hero with a lvl. 15 Tali, or me with a lvl 21 Lando. Even though some of us play for almost a year. But it isn't true for all of us.

Some kind of a mindset thing. I play also a little Blast mode as I can't stand GA and shoot there with a peagun at 6 Heroes that kill you if they look at you.

If we fly then vs a purple Poe or Han it would squander the Balance. :)

We have currently two more pilots ready to join and we see how we grow in the next time. The Focus of JBS is still to get people together to fly casual and not just be the biggest pilot guild.
  • jonci
    1007 posts Member
    You will not get far in game without playing hero ships, and if all you have after a year is mostly level 15 then god help you in the game, i don't mean it nastily but you will get owned Pre-made or not.

The video of that Lando Falcon, shows lack of decent play from the enemy team, if i or other regular players had been been in that match he would not have survived long enough to get a 3rd of that number.
    Spawn camping is also the scourge of this mode and i would instantly dismiss any claim to any sort of record of kills from garbage players who do it.

Either play properly and claim your kill streaks correctly or don't bother recording and posting it, that type of play is unnecessary and not wanted its as bad as hacking.
  • Gold_Cpt_Vander
    53 posts Member
    edited February 6
    Actually we get pretty far in this game mode with only running basic ships. Place 1,2,3 not uncommon. Switching to a Hero ship usually takes me out of my A-Wing flow if you don't switch to Tali or Yoda as the other ships feel differently.
    Don't get me wrong, Hero ships are great but most of them are slightly above a good maxed out A-Wing/Tri-fighter. Except a maxed out Poe who can stay alive indefinitely.
  • jonci wrote: »
    The video of that Lando Falcon, shows lack of decent play from the enemy team, if i or other regular players had been been in that match he would not have survived long enough to get a 3rd of that number.
    This. None of the Falcons have the speed or maneuverability to escape from determined pursuers, they only have the health to try to get back to more friendly areas in the hope that team mates will scrape off the enemy fighters. Flying with a squad you can call on to save you might help though.

Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Switching to a Hero ship usually takes me out of my A-Wing flow if you don't switch to Tali or Yoda as the other ships feel differently.
    Don't get me wrong, Hero ships are great but most of them are slightly above a good maxed out A-Wing/Tri-fighter. Except a maxed out Poe who can stay alive indefinitely.
    Pretty much, except that some of the Hero Ships do a better job on Objectives just because of the amount of firepower they have.

• Rook008 wrote: »

None of the Falcons have the speed or maneuverability to escape from determined pursuers,

Wrong, i just did show in my video too, against PaleHorsee(in intercepter) who isnt top tier player but a really good pilot. Falcons can shake off Regular fighters/intercepter its just depend on skill and good flying routine. Most ppl fly dumbly with them. On Fondor i am not even using HP card cause that map has plenty of covers and escape routes to outrun 90% of the ppl.
    The only threats are Vader, Kylo and Maul.
    I can avoid to get killed by Maul usually but if its an equally good Vader or Kylo behind me..than i need team help cause those two are really mobile and fast.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• I disagree. Any fairly good Tie Fighter pilot can follow a Falcon forever if left alone by the Falcon's team mates. Anywhere a Falcon can go, a Tie Fighter or Tie Interceptor can go too. The question is whether the Tie Pilot wants to take the time to kill you or not and whether he has help or the Falcon does.
    I disagree. Any fairly good Tie Fighter pilot can follow a Falcon forever if left alone by the Falcon's team mates. Anywhere a Falcon can go, a Tie Fighter or Tie Interceptor can go too. The question is whether the Tie Pilot wants to take the time to kill you or not and whether he has help or the Falcon does.

Add me on origin(Wildpeasant) and test your skills, but dont be suprised if u cant kill me :D Even RedBaron crashed while tried. Ofc it doesnt mean i am impossible to kill but damn hard for sure(specially on maps like Fondor)
    I agree where the Falcon fit a TIE can too, true but most of the ppl are not prepared to fly through on places where i do.
    TOP3 reasons when i DIE
    1. LAGG/LAGGspikes/ScreenFreez
    2. Making a bad manouver
    3. One of those 3 Villains get my back i mentioned.

Again i wish we would have a good stat page but ....yeah...damn u dice xd
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• I play on the Xbox, not PC. Not sure who RedBaron is.
    If I see a Falcon go somewhere, I already know my Tie Fighter can go there.
    And to be honest, I've never seen a Falcon that I thought I couldn't destroy. If I see a Falcon attacking an Objective, I'll kill them outright or chase them off of it, which is almost as good. It's too time consuming to chase them all over the map though, so a lot of times I'll let them go. Especially Rey's Falcon, because of the health regeneration. I'd rather actually defend the Objective than destroy one Falcon that's not near it.
    Also, look at the scores in your videos. I'm not trying to talk smack about other players, but those enemy scores aren't exactly stellar. And it seems that you play with a squad against a team of what look to be randoms. I'm not trying to say you're a bad pilot, but when you have team mates to call on to clear your six, longevity isn't such a problem.
  • jonci
    1007 posts Member
    Getting into a tickle my ego post now boys.

• Not really. Just a disagreement.
    Just reading that the Falcons are somehow good for dog-fighting compared to the Dark Side options seems odd to me.
  • Legendary ???

Great kid, don’t get cocky
    PSN: DarthLando-
    I play on the Xbox, not PC. Not sure who RedBaron is.

If you are on PC and RedBaron is there on the other side you will definately not make a killstreak video today. :)

• lol.
    I'm not about killstreaks though, as long as I'm having fun and the team wins. Killstreaks are for the youtube crowd.
    If I see a Falcon go somewhere, I already know my Tie Fighter can go there.
    And to be honest, I've never seen a Falcon that I thought I couldn't destroy. If I see a Falcon attacking an Objective, I'll kill them outright or chase them off of it, which is almost as good. It's too time consuming to chase them all over the map though, so a lot of times I'll let them go. Especially Rey's Falcon, because of the health regeneration. I'd rather actually defend the Objective than destroy one Falcon that's not near it.
    Also, look at the scores in your videos. I'm not trying to talk smack about other players, but those enemy scores aren't exactly stellar. And it seems that you play with a squad against a team of what look to be randoms. I'm not trying to say you're a bad pilot, but when you have team mates to call on to clear your six, longevity isn't such a problem.

Ahh Xbox...than u will never know :D
    Actually we just grouped up basicly in that Ryloth and they totally ignored my back, cause it was my first game with them.

Well RedBaron_Germany i would say one of the best player on PC, playing really aggressively and really skillfull, Usually doing really high killstreaks with his Yoda. If u kill him he will kill you at least 3times in a row so its super hard to get rid of him.

Once u have it on PC take a visit :D I m 100% sure with Controller i cant even do half of the tricks i usually use, SO maybe on Xbox its pretty possible to Hunt Down Han or Lando even on Fondor.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• DarthLando wrote: »
    Legendary ???

Great kid, don’t get cocky

Well played :) !!!
    But yea, if u are on PC i would gladly play with or against you :)
    ...Sigh... Still wish for a good Statpage so i could just post it in :(
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

Basically he is as much of an ace as he is an as*

Anyway, you won't lose someone of same skill level on your tail in a falcon. The only play avaible for the falcon if someone doesn't let go of it and if it's teamates are not helping is to boost to get as much distance possible, do a 180 and face him front but you have to be pretty desperate to do this and it is clearly not an ideal solution.

Basically he is as much of an ace as he is an as*

Anyway, you won't lose someone of same skill level on your tail in a falcon. The only play avaible for the falcon if someone doesn't let go of it and if it's teamates are not helping is to boost to get as much distance possible, do a 180 and face him front but you have to be pretty desperate to do this and it is clearly not an ideal solution.

Agreed most of the part. Yea equally skilled pilot can end me, but just to enjoy this more lets do some games against eachother! I m always in for a challenge! I will add u on origin and lets roll
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• New_Roosterman
    512 posts Member
    edited February 7

Not quite. Rey and Chewie's Falcon is best used as a decoy when your team is defending. Many on the dark side will swarm as soon as they see the Falcon, even when they are the attacking team. So on maps like D'qar and even Kamino, that is where Rey's Falcon can be somewhat effective as many opposition players will abort attacking the objective and go hell for leather after the Falcon. That's where using the Auxiliary Power ability is handy, as you wait till you HP is just down over 50% and then hit it - it drives them nuts seeing your HP go back to full.

That said you will need team mates to help you out, as if you get enough enemies on your behind, your toast.

51bvn954fmlp.png
  • jonci
    1007 posts Member
    Rook008 wrote: »

If you are on PC and RedBaron is there on the other side you will definately not make a killstreak video today. :)

He turret farms and spawn kills i have killed him numerous times doing it, his favourite trick is get the points the easy way and then use hero ships like Bobba to cream other players for kills.
    and why does everyone assume he is the best, i say bollix some of the Blk Sqn guys are far better players. He doesn't even contribute to objectives, follow him around the map n see how he plays, then make up your own minds. And that arrogance of look at my channel so you can learn to play - my ****.
  • Seronax
    547 posts Member
    edited February 7
    jonci wrote: »

He turret farms and spawn kills i have killed him numerous times doing it, his favourite trick is get the points the easy way and then use hero ships like Bobba to cream other players for kills.
    and why does everyone assume he is the best, i say bollix some of the Blk Sqn guys are far better players. He doesn't even contribute to objectives, follow him around the map n see how he plays, then make up your own minds. And that arrogance of look at my channel so you can learn to play - my ****.

Bollix? Who ? :D i m organizing events pretty often against BLK SQ but i have never seen this name! BIOD-X? Maybe Btw whats your ingame name ? I might know u :D

Also i played against and with Red but i never seen him playing as Boba. Not even once.
    Btw Red isnt the best, i guess there is no BEST player in SA but after 800hrs u know who is Ok, Good, Great and Awesome.
    Red definitly in the top 5-10 SA players.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• jonci
    1007 posts Member

Bollix? Who ? :D i m organizing events pretty often against BLK SQ but i have never seen this name! BIOD-X? Maybe Btw whats your ingame name ? I might know u :D

Also i played against and with Red but i never seen him playing as Boba. Not even once.
    Btw Red isnt the best, i guess there is no BEST player in SA but after 800hrs u know who is Ok, Good, Great and Awesome.

He does play as bobba dude (i never mentiond BIOD-X) Lol
    I was IGF_JDL2025 Now different clan tag same name we have played against each other i can assure you.
  • jonci
    1007 posts Member
    I was also replying to the comment about RED not u lol
  • jonci wrote: »

He does play as bobba dude (i never mentiond BIOD-X) Lol
    I was IGF_JDL2025 Now different clan tag same name we have played against each other i can assure you.

Never seen or heard about Bollix man :D ...If someone is good i usually remember their name... :( From the current BLK list , Wolfsack, Chivalry, Xcaliber, Felarus and a few more are their top guns.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• jonci
    1007 posts Member
    lol i think this may have been lost in translation, Bolix is a swear word not a user name. It was in reference to some one suggesting RED being god at this mode.
    Any way mention me to Chiv (use my old tag).
    Keep flying me if i see you in game i will make you suck vacuum LOl.