criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Strike?!!!!

15 players sat here for 5 minutes waiting for the game to start. What gives?!

This is so dumb. How can this not be fixed after four months?!

Replies

• Best guess, least played mode, more whines about HvV balancing and GA. Something like that.
  • There is never a shortage of players for an 8 vs 8, in the sense of I always see lobbies of 8 vs 7 or 7 vs 6 or even 7 vs 6 and it adds a player to the 7 to take them to 8. So the game needs two to start rather than a 7 vs 7.

Incompetence! Fair enough mistakes happens, but over four months to fix it? Yet some random fault that I have never heard of makes it into the patch notes!
  • It's a sad day when people would rather fly around the map with some OP hero than play a good old fashioned game of demolition or CTF.

Sad.
  • There is never a shortage of players for an 8 vs 8, in the sense of I always see lobbies of 8 vs 7 or 7 vs 6 or even 7 vs 6 and it adds a player to the 7 to take them to 8. So the game needs two to start rather than a 7 vs 7.

Incompetence! Fair enough mistakes happens, but over four months to fix it? Yet some random fault that I have never heard of makes it into the patch notes!

I never had problems with starting a Strike game personally but many times you can see that one team fills up 100% and the other has 2/3 people and only after that it starts to gain numbers. It happens in GA as well. It should add 1 player to each team until both are full or have the minimum number of players.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    There is never a shortage of players for an 8 vs 8, in the sense of I always see lobbies of 8 vs 7 or 7 vs 6 or even 7 vs 6 and it adds a player to the 7 to take them to 8. So the game needs two to start rather than a 7 vs 7.

I never had problems with starting a Strike game personally but many times you can see that one team fills up 100% and the other has 2/3 people and only after that it starts to gain numbers. It happens in GA as well. It should add 1 player to each team until both are full or have the minimum number of players.

This will happen to me and then the moment the team with less ppl start getting destroyed they start quitting and the game never autobalances the match.

• Poor player numbers, this game is on its last legs. Seriously, trying to rebuild the game after launch has left the whole thing feeling like an early access. Even the "new" mode isn't going to help and I think they know it.
  • I am also tired of this as well. Just let Strike start with uneven teams or remove the count down to start the match. We wait for the game to have even teams, and then it counts down from 60 seconds to start the match. So many times someone will join or quit during that 60 seconds, and then we are back to waiting. Just start the match once it has even players.
  • Appl3corps wrote: »
    Strike used to be my favorite mode. Unfortunately it's the ONLY mode that had gotten zero and I mean ZERO content

before I reinstalled, I assumed they threw Extraction in with Strike, being that Strike is basically a Team Objective playlist, but I was wrong.

Apparently stretching out the population of this game as much as possible is a goal of theirs.
  • They’re aware of the issue, yet there is radio silence on whether they will change it up. I have stopped playing so much compared to before because of this seemingly simple issue to fix. Strike was my main mode, but now I have given up hope. Maybe @F8RGE @EA_Tom have some news on this?

Having 6 v 7 or 7 v 8 is not going to ruin the experience.... not playing and quitting out of frustration has ruined it.