criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

February Community Calendar

Replies

• I hope they've not canceled the new mode. I was looking forward to playing that the most.
  • Cadoth
    1098 posts Member
    I hope they've not canceled the new mode. I was looking forward to playing that the most.

Cancelled no, delayed maybe
  • DarthJ
    6555 posts Member
    Ben on Twitter..

qd1st31h1crz.png
    0but56cexvev.png
    qa8gcags149z.png

Which could basically mean, that we are f******, since it sounds like vague excuses, that we will not see it in time .. - I know it sound pessimistic but what do they expect here.. #noOffense

It is quite hard getting people / friends to play the game when the conversations to out to be like the following
    me: come and play Star Wars Battlefornt 2, it is only 20$ and all the upcoming content is free and looks great and and and
    friend: have they already released the new big game mode you talked about 4 months ago?
    me: well no, it got delayed, but they will do so in february
    friend: you sure? When in february, I mean it is February?
    me: oh yeah well, we do not know

-- Post happens --

It is quite difficult, of course we have more communication now than in the beginning but the level of communication is ridicilous non-informative and non-helpful...

His first reply doesnt answer the question...definite delay
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Ben on Twitter..

qd1st31h1crz.png
    0but56cexvev.png
    qa8gcags149z.png

Which could basically mean, that we are f******, since it sounds like vague excuses, that we will not see it in time .. - I know it sound pessimistic but what do they expect here.. #noOffense

It is quite hard getting people / friends to play the game when the conversations to out to be like the following
    me: come and play Star Wars Battlefornt 2, it is only 20$ and all the upcoming content is free and looks great and and and
    friend: have they already released the new big game mode you talked about 4 months ago?
    me: well no, it got delayed, but they will do so in february
    friend: you sure? When in february, I mean it is February?
    me: oh yeah well, we do not know

-- Post happens --

It is quite difficult, of course we have more communication now than in the beginning but the level of communication is ridicilous non-informative and non-helpful...

His first reply doesnt answer the question...definite delay

Yes it looks like a delay to me too.
  • AltoJun
    101 posts Member
    edited February 5
    A month full of the same old events, that I at this point consider to be routine instead of events. The last day of February is the only one with content! The large scale mode being delayed again? Disappointment is a constant with this game.
  • Cadoth
    1098 posts Member
    Still waiting for someone to clarify...
  • "I say patience."
    Anakin Skywalker

"Patience?"
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Chico wrote: »
    I don't claim to speak on behalf of the community but I have seen a lot of comments that I personally agree with around limiting content. By all means have events, but please don't restrict the number of maps for everyone. There are not enough good maps as it is from my point of view and neither of my own personal two favourite maps will be available in either event as they don't have a night mode and aren't CW. If the limited rotation only applies to a tile on the home screen, fine, but I suspect this will not apply.

In general what they should do is having 4 playlists. One for each era (= 3 Playlists) and another one, in which they decide which maps and what kind of rotation should be going on and in which they can add their events. This way they do not limit anybody and also do not limit the content.
  • Spamskies
    37 posts Member
    edited February 5
    The biggest flop, king [removed]went limp.
    Suck a shame could of been suck a cool game, Swb2 was like buying a stuffed cat
    Sort of ok to look at but wouldn't waste any more time on it!! You know it's a cat !!
    You love cats but in your head you know it's already DEAD
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Weapons.maps.bugs glitches oh did I mention bugs!!
    DLC packs that you could buy pre loaded content on, oh star wars what a shame
    Lucky I can nail my copy of the disc to a tree to keep the cat from scaring the birds
  • Spamskies
    37 posts Member
    edited February 5
    I bought swb2 for my 9yr old son cause we loved swb1!!We had endless amount of fun and laughs with it, I was slightly disappointed when he took a look at it and said
    Hope you didn't pay full price for that rubbish.

[Edited language]
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    @Empire_TW your sleep meme has been asked for

On it
    Moxx wrote: »
    Where's that guy with the "I SLEEP" meme when you need him.

Also, thanks for posting AFTER the first event is ended.

Present and Correct! @Moxx
    xzqrneafjhmr.png
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Inb4 they say the new game mode is getting scrapped.
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
  • Chico wrote: »
    I don't claim to speak on behalf of the community but I have seen a lot of comments that I personally agree with around limiting content. By all means have events, but please don't restrict the number of maps for everyone. There are not enough good maps as it is from my point of view and neither of my own personal two favourite maps will be available in either event as they don't have a night mode and aren't CW. If the limited rotation only applies to a tile on the home screen, fine, but I suspect this will not apply.

In general what they should do is having 4 playlists. One for each era (= 3 Playlists) and another one, in which they decide which maps and what kind of rotation should be going on and in which they can add their events. This way they do not limit anybody and also do not limit the content.

This.

Also. Could everyone please chilli the f. out? No one said they are scrapping anything ok? No need to post about your kids and grandmothers and how much you hate the game. We will know what's what in a few days.
  • Dice you need to:
    1. Do more unique/different events
    2. make a separate server to host the events that modify current game modes, so if people just want to play regular GA and not event GA every weekend they can.
    3. Please DON'T do events that limit maps you can play new heros on when a new hero is released.
    4. Please DON'T do ERA only playlists when new hero come out. That needs to be the weekend before new heros/villians are released. I liked Era only event because it felt less chaotic compared to when the normal number of heros are allowed and any hero.
    5. Please consider doing a 1v1 Hero Showdown event the weekend after the new character is released......this is to allow everyone to be able to get a much easier chance of using the new character when it comes out. It seems like it takes me a few days sometimes before I get my chance to use the new character. Whoever is searching for the game in HvV gets first pick of the characters because they join the game first and they always pick the new character. You have to sit there waiting for everyone else to quit or join other games for you to become the new game search leader to allow you to join the game first and select the new hero. It's so irritating the first week the new character comes out to try and play as them.
    6. Also consider a modified Hero Showdown Event that allows you to play as the new character every round for a 1v1 showdown.....if you choose to play as that new character every round. You probably will also have to slightly increase the experience gain to make it worth while to play 1v1 again characters that are level 40 already......but I still think 1v1 with the new character would be cool to help everyone learn to how to use the new character.
    7. You need to try a no Vehicle event.
  • When Anakin will arrive, can we have some tweaks for Vader as well? Will be bad if the new Anakin will be so strong while Vader will be leave as he is, especially in Galactic Assault where Vader need some help.
  • So excited for the new game mo....oh wait, a delay, on battlefront, this is unheard of!!!
  • Can we get the large game mode out of our heads and giphy.gif
    We can wait until March/April.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • If they're not going to release the new game mode then at least add ALL of the BF 2015 maps and modes.
  • Palpatine still hits Kenobi through block. Multiple Audio loop bugs still exist. Blocking is broken in too many ways to count. Every lightsaber hero, even yodas block is getting hit through it freely at times with full stamina while aimed right on the attacker.
    Play one single game of HvV or Hero showdown as Kenobi against palpatine and just watch him ignore your block with his Q 100% of the time. I promise it will happen. This, among many other bugs (shooting while frozen or on the ground, grevious constantly misses his q, is Yoda allowed to hit through block with dash?, so on and so forth. I'm getting hit by force abilities and blaster shots a lot when blocking. Rubber-banding seems to have come back. *PLEASE ADD LOADOUTS FOR HvV & GA*
    Swapping cards mid-game is not fun.
    But a pull down menu per hero would be solid.
  • I know it's not exactly new that it's being done like this, but it's still disappointing - a "February" release literally at the end of the month (for some of us the release won't be till the 28th).

And what seems like no news that can be shared due to various political/business rubbish reasons, likely meaning it's going to get delayed. Sigh. When will execs learn that beating around the bush is more annoying for customers than just being honest and upfront. Then again, they don't cater to customers, they cater to investors and shareholders (not just EA, but lets face it, they're one of the worst companies out there so they deserve all the vile that gets thrown their way). Oh well.
  • In before they delay the new game mode to BF3 and EA laughs their way to the bank.
  • Please please please can we get a lightsaber battle mode where only lightsaber heroes and villains can duke it out with each other? I’m sick and tired of having a really awesome lightsaber battle with someone and someone with a blaster comes and ruins everything!!
  • Typical EA. Can we have Lucas Arts back now?
  • Moxx
    68 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    @Empire_TW your sleep meme has been asked for

On it
    Moxx wrote: »
    Where's that guy with the "I SLEEP" meme when you need him.

Also, thanks for posting AFTER the first event is ended.

Present and Correct! @Moxx
    xzqrneafjhmr.png

The hero we deserve
  • the only thing worth looking forward to is the 27th February update ... I don't know why they bothered with the rest.

the cheaper vehicles one could be interesting ... but not cheap enough ...
  • Weekend 1-3 March, if that applies to Starfighter Assault I may as well not play it as it means a whole weekend with only 2 maps :(
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Skyguy501
    17 posts Member
    edited February 9
    Need it be reminded that they have already said they would not be porting stuff from BF2015 anymore? Or did everyone suddenly forget that? None of the old maps, modes, heroes or villains.
    No. More. Porting. This isn’t BF2015. It's BFII. We don’t port stuff.
    fcf6jbgl9m5a.gif

Not to mention the numerous times they have put disclaimers in their community calendars that they are, and I quote, “subject to change.”
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I've removed some recent comments that were getting the conversation off track. Carry on~
  • All I can say is Luke and Anakin better have some conversations because none between Yoda and Luke or Obiwan and Luke is weak.
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • If you delay the new mode for this reason am alright with that 8m0qdbreyhft.png
    uxfcj4la11m2.png
  • Hope this leak pans out and we wind up getting droidekas and either ARCs or clone commandos. Maybe whichever one doesn't come can replace the Wookiees on all Clone Wars maps besides Kashyyyk.
    In my book, experience outranks everything.
  • If you delay the new mode for this reason am alright with that 8m0qdbreyhft.png
    uxfcj4la11m2.png

I really do not understand the connection. A mode is something really different than a new character. How can both of them be so tied together in the game files, that one can not be published without the other one? Is it against our expectation a linear mechanic in there which allows players to play as a certain character type at a specific type?

If not the new reinforcements could easily be added later and announced as new content for march 2019 enhancing the experience of the new mode... but waiting for the new mode because dice wants to publish new reinforcements with it? Do not understand that rsik taking of a backlash at this point
    uxfcj4la11m2.png

I really do not understand the connection. A mode is something really different than a new character. How can both of them be so tied together in the game files, that one can not be published without the other one? Is it against our expectation a linear mechanic in there which allows players to play as a certain character type at a specific type?

If not the new reinforcements could easily be added later and announced as new content for march 2019 enhancing the experience of the new mode... but waiting for the new mode because dice wants to publish new reinforcements with it? Do not understand that rsik taking of a backlash at this point

I agree that there aren't any significant connections between the two, but I believe the reason they are releasing them both together is so we will have a new type of unit to play these large matches with instead of limiting them to other game modes people are already getting tired of. In other words, the new game mode will have a lot more content (Anakin will still be relatively new, as will these new reinforcements if they come out) and people will have a lot more stuff to explore and test. Then again, I could be wrong. I do agree that it is a big risk though, given the community's reaction. Especially if this leak does not come true.

Also, if anyone sees this before it comes out, does anyone know when the CT is supposed to drop? And which one is it? I am assuming the one related to the emote wheel and the game mode details, but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the one about clone customization or Anakin (although I'd gladly accept any of them).
  • Next ct is today apparently don’t know what time but they said it was gonna be today
  • Next ct is today apparently don’t know what time but they said it was gonna be today

All right, thanks.
  • January community transmission was posted around half past 10 am it's 18:30 here. Pretty sure I'll have to read it tomorrow :-(
  • Ye I doubt it'll be out today now.
  • I thought it was getting pretty late. For me it's not even 1 PM yet, but I know it's pretty late elsewhere.
  • zo1z1dfhg6yj.jpeg

That’s what they said
  • l447xqgqhunl.jpeg
    Ben also posted this 2 hours ago
  • I thought it was getting pretty late. For me it's not even 1 PM yet, but I know it's pretty late elsewhere.

Lucky one. You'll probably see a transmission in the evening.
  • 1313 wrote: »
    I thought it was getting pretty late. For me it's not even 1 PM yet, but I know it's pretty late elsewhere.

Lucky one. You'll probably see a transmission in the evening.

Maybe so. Waiting makes it harder though. I was hoping to wake up and find it already released, but I figured that'd be too much wishful thinking.
  • Well in my opinion, I think the Jedi are evil.
    -Syphilis out
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!