criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

The quality of discussion in this forum has SEVERELY declined recently

coldwarisfake
175 posts Member
edited February 4
Like, how did things go from great to absolute trash in the past couple of weeks? The tops posts right now are about removing rolls from blaster heroes so saber spammers can get free kills, how mediocre saber users are getting by meleed to death, and how you should be unable to manually respawn in HvV due to you "avoiding dying due to stuns". It seems that before the Dooku update we actually had some intelligent discussion going on around here but after the update it seems like every scrub and noob that has ever played the game has started complaining on here over every little thing that kills them. Also, it seems like the forum long timers who comment on every post and provide valuable stances on controversial subjects, have gone silent. I don't blame them, it is useless to try to argue with people who's whole stance is that if something kills them = nerf it.

Replies

• I find the topics themselves absolutely fine for discussion, but the debates have become really toxic. As you said, it's only started like this recently
  • A few of us came up with some ideas to improve Obiwan and tried to have an open discussion about it.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/129400/obiwan-kenobi-improvement-ideas-and-discussion#latest

Some time and effort when into it from people that play quite a bit, and it hardly got off the ground(thanks to those that did participate!). I guess it’s easier to post a ‘one liner’ about how bad he is than actually push for realistic changes to happen.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • this forum has been the same since the game launch. Some kid gets killed by another person, and unaware that he/she may just be worse than the other person and got out-played, they head to the forums to beg DICE to nerf whatever killed them.

The only times stuff like this was justified was when Palplatine was infecting practically every GA match back when he was an OP god shooting through walls and having unlimited power (literally), and when the wookies were more powerful than most heroes on the roster.

Other than that, the quirks we get here and there are not game breaking or horrible and can usually be dealt with in some way, albeit the recent magnetic lightsaber epidemic is pretty darn close to being as bad as the Senate or wookies were.

Another thing that hasn't changed is the people who constantly bicker at others who simply disagree with their views. You so much as disagree once with what's popular on any forum or discussion board and people will turn toxic in an instant, no matter how civil you are about it. The very idea of you disagreeing with them and their views is seen as some sort of personal attack and so they treat it like such.

I on the other hand could care less. There are some very obvious flaws in this game that degrade the experience for everyone and I have addressed them multiple times, but knowing that the feedback process has been the same ever since last November, I don't see any of the major issues with this game being fixed any time soon. This upcoming game mode is the last chance I'm giving this game, and if it's the same old nonsense and reoccurring issues as before, I officially give up and accept that they just don't want this game to succeed.
  • Like, how did things go from great to absolute trash in the past couple of weeks? The tops posts right now are about removing rolls from blaster heroes so saber spammers can get free kills, how mediocre saber users are getting by meleed to death, and how you should be unable to manually respawn in HvV due to you "avoiding dying due to stuns". It seems that before the Dooku update we actually had some intelligent discussion going on around here but after the update it seems like every scrub and noob that has ever played the game has started complaining on here over every little thing that kills them. Also, it seems like the forum long timers who comment on every post and provide valuable stances on controversial subjects, have gone silent. I don't blame them, it is useless to try to argue with people who's whole stance is that if something kills them = nerf it.

This forum has been a cesspool since day 1... that is what I love about it!
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    You know it seems the more we post here, It only makes it worse to live without it, but let's talk about it, wouldn't it be nice?

hi beach boi
  • bfloo wrote: »
    This forum has been down hill since the Bespin DLC for the 2015 game

^
    My name is Bob

• Dash wrote: »
    At OP, what you saw recently is nothing compared to what’s happened here before. I am personally glad all of those posts were closed. It was the same conversation, in two different posts, from the other sides perspective within each post. Basically the front page was all about whether you cared or not for one single character. Which is asinine. More to talk about here than just that, and the war over it. Was ridiculous. So take this recent closure of those posts, as a breather from all the daily toxicity and spam. It is what it is.
    this forum has been the same since the game launch. Some kid gets killed by another person, and unaware that he/she may just be worse than the other person and got out-played, they head to the forums to beg DICE to nerf whatever killed them.

The only times stuff like this was justified was when Palplatine was infecting practically every GA match back when he was an OP god shooting through walls and having unlimited power (literally), and when the wookies were more powerful than most heroes on the roster.

Other than that, the quirks we get here and there are not game breaking or horrible and can usually be dealt with in some way, albeit the recent magnetic lightsaber epidemic is pretty darn close to being as bad as the Senate or wookies were.

Another thing that hasn't changed is the people who constantly bicker at others who simply disagree with their views. You so much as disagree once with what's popular on any forum or discussion board and people will turn toxic in an instant, no matter how civil you are about it. The very idea of you disagreeing with them and their views is seen as some sort of personal attack and so they treat it like such.

I on the other hand could care less. There are some very obvious flaws in this game that degrade the experience for everyone and I have addressed them multiple times, but knowing that the feedback process has been the same ever since last November, I don't see any of the major issues with this game being fixed any time soon. This upcoming game mode is the last chance I'm giving this game, and if it's the same old nonsense and reoccurring issues as before, I officially give up and accept that they just don't want this game to succeed.

Its the internet, its toxic. put on your hazmat suit and get ready to mutate and deform mentally.

OH WAIT that was fallout76, so all the mutants are coming onto this forum instead :D
  • There is a growing lack of interest in the gameplay with too slow of content and too many bugs so the only ones (myself included) bothering to reply are those who still think they will make moves to fix those two conditions.

Strong opinions come standard bruh.
  • Here is not a good place to find much quality discussion LOL, and I believe it never has been.
  • You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Agree, the old forum had more intellectual and competitive conversation imo. Been here a while and still some good guys around here, although many/most have long left imo.

So to the op, certain games attract certain playerbases, 15 and bf2 playerbases seem to have a vast difference of opinion, and therefore a vast difference of player imo.

Agree, the old forum had more intellectual and competitive conversation imo. Been here a while and still some good guys around here, although many/most have long left imo.

So to the op, certain games attract certain playerbases, 15 and bf2 playerbases seem to have a vast difference of opinion, and therefore a vast difference of player imo.

BF2015: sweaty cargo bois
    BF2017: plz nerf all heroez

Good times. Used to be some real fun personalities, and everyone didn't act so serious all the time.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • IMO the forums have always been like that, whatever input you make just falls into a bottomless pit, no matter what you do you can't please everyone
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    IMO the forums have always been like that, whatever input you make just falls into a bottomless pit, no matter what you do you can't please everyone

Amen.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • this forum has been the same since the game launch. Some kid gets killed by another person, and unaware that he/she may just be worse than the other person and got out-played, they head to the forums to beg DICE to nerf whatever killed them.

100%