criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Capital Ships Mode - Idea

ECDELTA
8 posts Member
edited February 4
When this new mode comes out in either February or March, it would such a sick idea if both teams have to spawn in their respective Capital Ships and all rush straight to the hangar and jump into Starfighters or Infantry Carriers and have to land at any capture point on the planet surface and take the point over, in order for the troopers to spawn on the ground.
Then players can choose to spawn on the ground and begin the “Assualt/Conquest” or spawn back into the Ship and have dogfights in the air. And have a huge battle out to take control of as many command posts as they can whilst defending other.
At this stage they should be able to do slight damage to the enemy capital ship whilst the more zones that are captured by your team, the more damage input you will do via with your own ships. You may also get the opportunity to gain access to the enemy ship and sneak in to destroy/do damage to main aspects of the ships defences which may also weaken the ship and allow you for more damage input (similar to the original Battlefront 2 Space Conquest mode). When the main or only capital ship is destroyed the game shall end.

Replies

• I think that the game mode is going to work like Death Star DLC and Rogue One DLC in Battlefront 1.....I might be wrong, but i think that it will go something like this.

You start off on the ground and it's an open battle to control the capture points. Once the attacking side has all the captures points, then you transition with a short video to space/air battle where the capital ship battle takes place. You will automatically start in a star fighter ship up in space/air depending on the map after the transition video. If you want to fight on the ground instead of in a ship then you will have to fly to a landing bay on the ship that will act as a portal to transition you to fighting inside of the ship. If attacking side doesn't win then you don't get to go to the capital ship take down and the game ends. i don't think that you are going to get to go up to a ship and fly it off the ground. There is probably going to be this transition phase like there is presently in GA to get from ground to starfighter ship. The game isn't designed to allow ships to take off from the ground nore would allowing us to do so work either. If they do put a lot of work into allowing take off from the ground to happen I will be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt this is going to happen.

Other way it will probably go is similar to the above, but instead which ever side captures the ground capture points it then transition to fighting the losing sides capital ship.
  • I think that the game mode is going to work like Death Star DLC and Rogue One DLC in Battlefront 1.....I might be wrong, but i think that it will go something like this.

You start off on the ground and it's an open battle to control the capture points. Once the attacking side has all the captures points, then you transition with a short video to space/air battle where the capital ship battle takes place. You will automatically start in a star fighter ship up in space/air depending on the map after the transition video. If you want to fight on the ground instead of in a ship then you will have to fly to a landing bay on the ship that will act as a portal to transition you to fighting inside of the ship. If attacking side doesn't win then you don't get to go to the capital ship take down and the game ends. i don't think that you are going to get to go up to a ship and fly it off the ground. There is probably going to be this transition phase like there is presently in GA to get from ground to starfighter ship. The game isn't designed to allow ships to take off from the ground nore would allowing us to do so work either. If they do put a lot of work into allowing take off from the ground to happen I will be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt this is going to happen.

Other way it will probably go is similar to the above, but instead which ever side captures the ground capture points it then transition to fighting the losing sides capital ship.

Yeah this could very much be the case for this mode! But also, I initially thought about vehicles not being able to take off from the ground as it is not a mechanic that is available in the game, but they did add the AT-TE on Geonosis that allowed it to randomly spawn on the ground and players being able to take control by intereracting with it so who knows maybe they will add the feature
  • ECDELTA wrote: »

Yeah this could very much be the case for this mode! But also, I initially thought about vehicles not being able to take off from the ground as it is not a mechanic that is available in the game, but they did add the AT-TE on Geonosis that allowed it to randomly spawn on the ground and players being able to take control by intereracting with it so who knows maybe they will add the feature

Hopefully, but I don't have my hopes on it.