criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

New large scale "TITAN" game mode: Possibly delayed past February?

12346Next

Replies

• Versatti wrote: »
    So how many maps will the delayed/not delayed no named mode have?

I think we all agreed last month that it would be one map. Geonosis. :D

Did we all agree this without any comment on it from DICE, a bit like how loads of people agreed Hero Blast would exist? So, just complete assumption? ;)

I thought we all agreed that there would be three maps: Geonosis, Naboo, and Mos Eisley.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • And apparently, there have been rumors (leaks) that a new reinforcement is coming to the game in the new game mode and that this is the reason why it might be delayed to March.

I thought we all agreed that there would be three maps: Geonosis, Naboo, and Mos Eisley.

Too much of a gamble for me. I’m sticking with one.
    Versatti wrote: »

What about two? Would you gamble on Geonosis and Naboo (since both would use the same capital ships for each side)?

• Getting just Clown reinforcements would be a total downer.
  • 1 - 2 maps is a complete and utter fail. Also, if the new Reinforcements only focus on CW then that is also a big, fat fail.

Surely it's not only one or two maps, the old conquest mode had 6 or 7 iirc, doesnt matter what they include in the maps, the new mode will get stale after a few days if its under 3 maps
  • ZephanUnbound
    602 posts Member
    edited February 11
    References to 3 maps for the new mode were found in the files by dataminers from what I've heard; Geonosis, Naboo, and Tatooine. My guess is we will see those 3 at release. Several months back DICE made small changes to the borders of several other current maps that many believed were preparations for refitting those maps for the new game mode, but it is rumored that the plans to put those maps into the new game mode were put on hold.

Thinking about it logically, it will be easier to refit existing Prequel trilogy maps like Geonosis, Kashyyyk, Kamino, and Naboo for the new mode since all of the assets needed (Republic Venator interiors, Seperatist Dreadnought interiors, etc.) will already be made for the confirmed Geonosis map on the new mode. Doing original and sequel trilogy maps will take more work, original trilogy being easier than sequel trilogy since DICE already has Mon Calamari cruiser interiors in the campaign which they could re-purpose for the new mode, DICE has literally nothing made that could be used for sequel trilogy maps, they have no interiors for the First Order Resurgent Class Star Destroyer or for the Resistance MC85 Star Cruiser. However, considering that it is easier to do Prequel trilogy maps for the new mode than original trilogy maps, it is strange that Tatooine was mentioned in the datamine, would DICE really have taken time to make both the prequel and original trilogy assets needed for the mode? Or will be have the Republic and Separatists fighting on Tatooine for some reason?
  • Even more of a fail it’s all Prequel maps. That could be it for me.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Love this community, well most of it. Thanks for the responses and yes I recall the Geonosis, Naboo, and Mos Eisley maps mentioned. A good start but I'd expect the highly anticipated mode of modes, years in the making, would provide more than 3 maps. Isn't this mode, or shouldn't it, replace GA as the premiere attraction to SWBF II? Would only 3 maps be enough in a game that, imo, lacks mp maps?

@F8RGE commented they have been having fun playing the new mode, which is good to hear. Perhaps he could provide the length of an average match of the new mode or would that violate any agreements? 30 minutes, 40 minutes, more than 40? If you can share some would like to know how long have the fun has been lasting?

What about two? Would you gamble on Geonosis and Naboo (since both would use the same capital ships for each side)?

Yeah I suppose as I see how that might be feasible.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    560 posts Member
    edited February 11
    Hopefully be 3 maps. But i think tthat only be one.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Versatti
    1536 posts Member
    edited February 11
    References to 3 maps for the new mode were found in the files by dataminers from what I've heard; Geonosis, Naboo, and Tatooine. My guess is we will see those 3 at release. Several months back DICE made small changes to the borders of several other current maps that many believed were preparations for refitting those maps for the new game mode, but it is rumored that the plans to put those maps into the new game mode were put on hold.

Thinking about it logically, it will be easier to refit existing Prequel trilogy maps like Geonosis, Kashyyyk, Kamino, and Naboo for the new mode since all of the assets needed (Republic Venator interiors, Seperatist Dreadnought interiors, etc.) will already be made for the confirmed Geonosis map on the new mode. Doing original and sequel trilogy maps will take more work, original trilogy being easier than sequel trilogy since DICE already has Mon Calamari cruiser interiors in the campaign which they could re-purpose for the new mode, DICE has literally nothing made that could be used for sequel trilogy maps, they have no interiors for the First Order Resurgent Class Star Destroyer or for the Resistance MC85 Star Cruiser. However, considering that it is easier to do Prequel trilogy maps for the new mode than original trilogy maps, it is strange that Tatooine was mentioned in the datamine, would DICE really have taken time to make both the prequel and original trilogy assets needed for the mode? Or will be have the Republic and Separatists fighting on Tatooine for some reason?

My thoughts exactly, which I think is evidenced by the lack of ship interiors for those eras being mentioned on the official roadmap.

Also if we take a closer look at the strategy being used with regards to new content then we’ve been getting a minimum viable product each month. Therefore 3 maps, a hero and multiple customisations does not sit well at all.

I’d love to be proved wrong here but if there are 3 maps, then there’s your monthly content covered until April/May.

• So March then? That's alright we're almost halfway through this month. Stay strong fellas
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    So March then? That's alright we're almost halfway through this month. Stay strong fellas

I don't think its the fact its a small delay (which yeah, isn't far away). Its more the fact they have delayed it previously, they have stated a month they will get it done which wont be met (again), and the fact they aren't communicating about it at all yet are basically hinting its delayed. Sometimes straight up honesty might help a situation. Its getting to the point where a year and a half in (and overall 3 and a bit years since BF15) and the mistakes and secrecy go on. Its tiresome.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    So March then? That's alright we're almost halfway through this month. Stay strong fellas

I don't think its the fact its a small delay (which yeah, isn't far away). Its more the fact they have delayed it previously, they have stated a month they will get it done which wont be met (again), and the fact they aren't communicating about it at all yet are basically hinting its delayed. Sometimes straight up honesty might help a situation. Its getting to the point where a year and a half in (and overall 3 and a bit years since BF15) and the mistakes and secrecy go on. Its tiresome.

I hear you man been here since 15, fiasco after fiasco. It's EA, some things never change. You'd think they could treat a STAR WARS game properly. I was just worried it had gotten pushed back until July or something.
  • We can only wait and carry on lol
    Why
    Because we love Starwars and there isn't any new options
  • Even more of a fail it’s all Prequel maps. That could be it for me.

Same here.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »

I hear you man been here since 15, fiasco after fiasco. It's EA, some things never change. You'd think they could treat a STAR WARS game properly. I was just worried it had gotten pushed back until July or something.

Not yet, at least!
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »

My thoughts exactly, which I think is evidenced by the lack of ship interiors for those eras being mentioned on the official roadmap.

Also if we take a closer look at the strategy being used with regards to new content then we’ve been getting a minimum viable product each month. Therefore 3 maps, a hero and multiple customisations does not sit well at all.

I’d love to be proved wrong here but if there are 3 maps, then there’s your monthly content covered until April/May.

People are acting like there is a decent likelihood that the update will contain as much/more content than has been released in the totality of this game up to this point... the level of optimism is absurd. I think the new mode will drop with a single map and some bug fixes and maybe a skin... and that is being optimistic.

Can’t blame people for dreaming, but the wild expectations do rapidly get out of hand. It’s squarly EAs fault, they have the dev team behaving as though they’re dealing in some kind above top secret/classified information. :D
  • ZephanUnbound
    602 posts Member
    edited February 11
    t3hBar0n wrote: »

People are acting like there is a decent likelihood that the update will contain as much/more content than has been released in the totality of this game up to this point... the level of optimism is absurd. I think the new mode will drop with a single map and some bug fixes and maybe a skin... and that is being optimistic.

To be fair to the people expecting a huge update, it has had the longest development time of any DLC in the game to date. The large scale game mode was announced back in June, that will make 9 months of development for the new mode if it releases in March. I still think we will see 3 maps on release with more added later in the year possibly. You have to remember, the mode is using existing maps from Galactic Assault with modified borders if the rumors are true, so each map after the first (Geonosis) for the new mode is alot less work than building an entirely new large scale map would be. Once the first map, Geonosis, is finished, expanding the mode to new maps is simply a matter of expanding the out of bounds borders, adding in some new map geometry for balance reasons if necessary, and then copy pasting the assets they made for the new mode on Geonosis onto the new map (capture points with turrets that fire on the capital ships, Republic Venator and Separatist Providence, LAAT's and HMP's for transporting troops inside of the ships).
  • ^Oh, and of course QA and balance testing, with tweaks made as needed.

Adding original trilogy and sequel trilogy maps to the mode would be more problematic however, since they can't just copy paste the assets from Geonosis onto the map without being extremely lazy. To add those maps to the new mode, they would need to model out the capital ships interiors (MC80 Mon Calamari Cruiser and Imperial Class Star Destroyer for original trilogy, MC85 Mon Calamari Cruiser and Resurgent Class Star Destroyer for sequel trilogy), era matching gun emplacements for the capture points, and era matching troop transports for transporting troops from the ground to the inside of the enemy capital ship (U-Wing and Imperial Drop Transport for original trilogy presumably, not sure what the proper troop transports for sequel trilogy would be). So it will be more work to add OT and ST maps to the new mode, I am personally doubtful that we will see any OT or ST maps on the new mode at release, in spite of Tatooine being found in the files for the new mode by dataminers. We will probably start to get a couple of OT and ST maps for the new mode later in 2019, assuming the new mode is popular.
  • At least it's confirmed now that the new mode is delayed until March.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/apn5tb/community_transmission_progress_update_on_new/
    hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆
  • So these count as a ‘CT’ now? Announcing delays and saying absolutely nothing about the new mode at all and an image about an unnecessary emote wheel?
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Yes it’s not been officially announced, but I just don’t see why you would load up events EVERY weekend of the month when a highly desired new large scale mode is supposed to come.
    You would want all the focus to be put on getting people to try and play the new flavor... yet every event is geared towards GA, and the ones that don’t specifically say GA, are limited rotation. Which we know isn’t going to be the case with the new mode. No way they drop the new mode with tons of maps then limit them right away.

Happy to be wrong, but it just screams March right now.

q942xa5ukxk5.gif

Emote wheel: who cares, CT not needed

Two new reinforcements: new mode will launch with CW only, two maps tops.

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • rollind24
    4844 posts Member
    edited February 12
    What have I missed the past few weeks? I was told we would have more than one map for the new mode in February? It’s why I came to check on how things were going
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    What have I missed the past few weeks? I was told we would have more than one map for the new mode in February? It’s why I came to check on how things were going

Unless the other eras are launching with less reinforcements than CW, it looks like it’ll be CW only for the new mode.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    So these count as a ‘CT’ now? Announcing delays and saying absolutely nothing about the new mode at all and an image about an unnecessary emote wheel?
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Yes it’s not been officially announced, but I just don’t see why you would load up events EVERY weekend of the month when a highly desired new large scale mode is supposed to come.
    You would want all the focus to be put on getting people to try and play the new flavor... yet every event is geared towards GA, and the ones that don’t specifically say GA, are limited rotation. Which we know isn’t going to be the case with the new mode. No way they drop the new mode with tons of maps then limit them right away.

Happy to be wrong, but it just screams March right now.

Two new reinforcements: new mode will launch with CW only, two maps tops.

I am happy that we will be getting new reinforcements, but it seems that, since there are only two, there will probably only be 2 PT era maps at the launch of the new game mode (probably Geonosis and Naboo).
    To all those saying that they will have to design entirely new capital ships for the other trilogies as well, they do have a foundation to build off of from the campaign (there are campaign missions in Rebel, Imperial, and First Order capital ships).

• Piscettios wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »

Unless the other eras are launching with less reinforcements than CW, it looks like it’ll be CW only for the new mode.

vn47pqrgvv0i.gif
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I'm sure everyone can agree the new mode should at least have one map from each era, but it won't at launch I'm sadly certain. They said that Geonosis would be bigger in the new mode, and if the reinforcements aren't new classes then they will only be for the PT era. But atleast if they are new Enforcers for the Clones they can replace Wookies on Naboo and Kamino and add them to GA Geonosis though as much as I hope this I feel it won't happen either. #WookiesOnlyOnKashyyykPlease
  • more Maps please Team DICE

please don't kill this new mode with just 1 Map

:(

and be fair to all Eras, PT OT and ST should be represented @F8RGE
  • This game mode is why Battlefront 2 is still hogging 90+ GB of disk space on my PS4.
    Why is this game hogging 90+ GB? It's basically triple everything else except Spider-Man, but still has a 20+ gb lead on it. I dont understand....
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Anyone else think the delay is due to some massive back tracking as DICE had another few months of CW content to release and everyone's so sick of it now they're having to change it?

With people so sure of arrivals of ventress, Ashoka, padme and jango that is another 4 months of CW/PT content drops. Total overkill? Just a thought.
  • Anyone else think the delay is due to some massive back tracking as DICE had another few months of CW content to release and everyone's so sick of it now they're having to change it?

With people so sure of arrivals of ventress, Ashoka, padme and jango that is another 4 months of CW/PT content drops. Total overkill? Just a thought.

Doubtful. They just seem to be trickling and fumbling out the half finished content that was probably intended to be released a long time ago, then the progression fiasco happened.

As sick of it as some of us here are. You take a look on Reddit and Twitter and people are eating it up like a ribeye. Only real way for them to determine this is by the in game population.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Is the gamemode going to be enjoyable and have a good ammount of replayability if its limited to 1 era Luke?

giphy.gif