criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can some explain blocking to me in HvV?

I've been playing the mode on and off for a bit. It is fun jump in kill some stuff and move on.

But one thing I've noticed is blocking just seems so powerful. Only recently though did I notice how powerful as I had a match with Obi-wan Kenobi on the team and when he became the target would just hold block and literally block almost everything.

At one point he was blocking 3 of us and I'm just like eventually his block will run out?? I guess? Not really sure how this works.

Attacking from side and behind didn't seem to do much?

What am I missing is there a trick to breaking or getting around someone's block?

Instead of being able to hold the block button feels like it should be more of a timing thing.

Replies

• I'll just list you everything that goes through block or disables it for a brief moment (yoda blocks explosives, except for relby nades):
    DS: rocket barrage, dioxis, relby nades, proximity mines, dark aura, electrocute disables block for a brief moment, secondary fire and stun droid disables block for a brief moment
    LS: detonite charge, shoulder charge, disabler, stun nade, ground slam, minor explosive damage from bowcaster and yoda's dash
    I think that's all. Palpatine's melee used to break through blocks, but for some reason it doesn't now. Dice, pls fix
  • Srublord wrote: »
    I'll just list you everything that goes through block or disables it for a brief moment (yoda blocks explosives, except for relby nades):
    DS: rocket barrage, dioxis, relby nades, proximity mines, dark aura, electrocute disables block for a brief moment, secondary fire and stun droid disables block for a brief moment
    LS: detonite charge, shoulder charge, disabler, stun nade, ground slam, minor explosive damage from bowcaster and yoda's dash
    I think that's all. Palpatine's melee used to break through blocks, but for some reason it doesn't now. Dice, pls fix

Thanks for the list.

Asides from these specific examples you list when it comes to lightsaber attacks and other moves a person could technically block forever?
  • Srublord wrote: »
    I'll just list you everything that goes through block or disables it for a brief moment (yoda blocks explosives, except for relby nades):

Thanks for the list.

Asides from these specific examples you list when it comes to lightsaber attacks and other moves a person could technically block forever?

Usually when people run out of stamina, they either dash or use knockback abilities while their stamina recharges, so if they are dedicated to blocking you'll need to use one of those abilities to beat them.

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg