criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Please Stop Putting Me As The Backpack Player To Carry Bad Teams

I just stopped playing today after a few matches in each playlist mode because no matter which mode I played in I was always on the losing team as an outlier who was doing all the work while my team sucked. I know you are putting me on that team because you need a good player to carry that team to balance it but I'm bored of it. I want to be on a team that actually wants to try and win or at least not be a landslide victory for the enemy team. I literally cleared out 50% of the enemy team on Kessel for Extraction and yet here are my entire other team running away when they take an ounce of damage and are getting wrekt by the other 50% and hiding in spawn not moving the cargo and we lose spawn trapped because they can't manage to shoot a blaster. End game I end up MVP trying to play the objective 10x as many points as 2nd placer, obviously on the enemy team. Next match, same thing, next match again same results. I'm sitting there busting my *** off playing the objective etc and no matter how many lobbies I go in, same result. I decided to message some of these people in one of my matches to see why the entire team was playing so scrubby. And they were all kind enough to respond saying they were all new to the game... each and every one of them. So a veteran player is carrying an entire team of newbies? DICE, fix this. I'm not a backpack player that is going to carry the entire team. I want to play on an actual team that knows what they are doing. Thank you.

Replies

• In my experience, 9/10 players are awful, clueless, or just selfish. I don’t think the matchmaking system is sophisticated enough to intentionally place good players on losing teams, prolly just a run of bad luck - but your chances of getting on a bad team are higher now since imo most gamers have moved on from this game leaving mostly horrible casual teammates in the pool

A starwars fan is not necessarily a gamer and won’t perform well. Unfortunately over the past year the game has been changed many times to accommodate those casual players
  • Well when I see that I'm the top player of my team in Blast mode I know this round we will be screwed. :) As I'm mediocre at best.
  • In my experience, 9/10 players are awful, clueless, or just selfish. I don’t think the matchmaking system is sophisticated enough to intentionally place good players on losing teams, prolly just a run of bad luck - but your chances of getting on a bad team are higher now since imo most gamers have moved on from this game leaving mostly horrible casual teammates in the pool

A starwars fan is not necessarily a gamer and won’t perform well. Unfortunately over the past year the game has been changed many times to accommodate those casual players

Please list each change that you feel has been made specifically to accommodate casual players?
  • jonci
    999 posts Member
    Versatti wrote: »
    In my experience, 9/10 players are awful, clueless, or just selfish. I don’t think the matchmaking system is sophisticated enough to intentionally place good players on losing teams, prolly just a run of bad luck - but your chances of getting on a bad team are higher now since imo most gamers have moved on from this game leaving mostly horrible casual teammates in the pool

Please list each change that you feel has been made specifically to accommodate casual players?

Every bleeding Nerf that's been requested and granted LOL
  • jonci wrote: »
    In my experience, 9/10 players are awful, clueless, or just selfish. I don’t think the matchmaking system is sophisticated enough to intentionally place good players on losing teams, prolly just a run of bad luck - but your chances of getting on a bad team are higher now since imo most gamers have moved on from this game leaving mostly horrible casual teammates in the pool

Broad sweeping statements don’t count. ;)
  • Versatti wrote: »
    jonci wrote: »

Says who? you asked for an example i gave you one (technically loads LOL), and your question was rather daft anyway, as a player of this game you already know the answers so you didn't need to ask it really to be honest.
  • Versatti
    2033 posts Member
    edited February 7

Says who? you asked for an example i gave you one (technically loads LOL), and your question was rather daft anyway, as a player of this game you already know the answers so you didn't need to ask it really to be honest.

I think we both know your original statement was daft and blaming casual players for every single nerf was as equally stupid.
  • jonci
    999 posts Member

I think we both know your original statement was daft and blaming casual players for every single nerf was as equally stupid.

You are talking out of your hat
  • My dad's bigger than your dad :D
  • jonci
    999 posts Member
    Mouthrax wrote: »
    My dad's bigger than your dad :D

yep he is LOL :D <3
  • EA_Rtas
    1010 posts EA Moderator
    Keep it polite folks and bring it back on topic.

~Rtas
  • Oh another sense of humour failure, nerf the posts again no doubt as well as the stuff in the game requested by noobs.