criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

I ACTUALLY enjoy the game

Now yes it's not perfect, Luke speaks in German sometimes, blocking is a bit inconsistent to put it mildly and there are some annoying tactics people can deploy with certain characters, lightsabre combat is a bit weird etc,

But I see so much negativity saying EA shouldn't have the license. Graphics are great and you can play the game and have FUN! Yes fun! This thing that seems to have gone over the gaming community recently. I don't want star wars to be an overly competitive game that you can only enjoy if your good at it. It's star wars! Let's destroy the death-star, slay some younglings, blow things up and conquer the galaxy

(EA - please add a youngling slaughter mode on arcade, I'm not crazy I promise)

Replies

• I don't agree with the Star Wars license being in the hands of one publisher only personally. That's not a negative thing as such, but imaging a decent working Battlefront what EA have allowed DICE to actually work on and polish gameplay wise, and perhaps someone such as CDPR making a singleplayer game (which EA didn't want to do, remember?).

:)
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • I agree. Its very buggy and was released with not enough content. And yes I suppose someone else could've made a game without these issues

...but despite this the game is actually great. I play it more than most other games I own. And yes the graphics are great. Space battles look incredible! I'll admit there have been a couple of times that I've taken a break from the battle to look out the window in death star and appreciate how good it looks.

And I agree it is a really fun game. A lot of games like fortnite or fifa it's simply a question of win or its not much fun. This game however, I get to run around force pushing battledroids and blowing up rebels in my at-at.

So yeah more positivity everyone! This game needs more work but its still good fun and its not the broken, unplayable mess that a lot of people on here claim that it is.

... Erm??...
  • JediJam wrote: »
    I agree. Its very buggy and was released with not enough content. And yes I suppose someone else could've made a game without these issues

...but despite this the game is actually great. I play it more than most other games I own. And yes the graphics are great. Space battles look incredible! I'll admit there have been a couple of times that I've taken a break from the battle to look out the window in death star and appreciate how good it looks.

And I agree it is a really fun game. A lot of games like fortnite or fifa it's simply a question of win or its not much fun. This game however, I get to run around force pushing battledroids and blowing up rebels in my at-at.

So yeah more positivity everyone! This game needs more work but its still good fun and its not the broken, unplayable mess that a lot of people on here claim that it is.

... Erm??...

Precisely! Strong in the force you are
  • Now yes it's not perfect, Luke speaks in German sometimes, blocking is a bit inconsistent to put it mildly and there are some annoying tactics people can deploy with certain characters, lightsabre combat is a bit weird etc,

But I see so much negativity saying EA shouldn't have the license. Graphics are great and you can play the game and have FUN! Yes fun! This thing that seems to have gone over the gaming community recently. I don't want star wars to be an overly competitive game that you can only enjoy if your good at it. It's star wars! Let's destroy the death-star, slay some younglings, blow things up and conquer the galaxy

totally agree. its not perfect but it is fun. The 100's to 1000's of hours of fun is some seriously cheap entertainment per hour vs it's cost.
  • camerog wrote: »
    Now yes it's not perfect, Luke speaks in German sometimes, blocking is a bit inconsistent to put it mildly and there are some annoying tactics people can deploy with certain characters, lightsabre combat is a bit weird etc,

totally agree. its not perfect but it is fun. The 100's to 1000's of hours of fun is some seriously cheap entertainment per hour vs it's cost.

Exactly! Who doesn't enjoy blowing up the death star?

• Exactly! Who doesn't enjoy blowing up the death star?

The emperor??
  • It's definitely a fun game for me, and I only play 3 multiplayer modes (Starfighter Assault, Extraction, and Ewok Hunt) out of the 9 available.
    There's a lot of room for improvement (more maps!) and bug fixes, but what's available is almost always fun to play. Plus the great graphics and sound.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Now Now you guys know forums are not the place for positive, encouraging posts :p . That being said, this game is really the only one I enjoy playing online.