criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

HvV Map Design

Does anyone think certain maps should be changed in HvV, so that players can't hide or push people off of ledges (Over and over)? Should DICE continue to make maps with this design? I think that if they changed certain maps, like Kashyyyk, Kamino, and Yavin 4, people wouldn't be able to hide and constantly push people over the edge.
Side Note: I am not really bothered by being pushed over the edge. I think it is funny sometimes. But really, it is the only way some players can get kills with certain characters (Luke, I am looking at you). Personally, I think those characters should be changed so that they are less useful for pushing heroes/villains and more useful for doing damage.
While working on changing these maps, they could also look into minor bugs in the maps. Takodana is a prime example. People are still able to get behind the castle, despite most efforts to change it. Then there are the hiding spots on Yavin 4 and Tatooine. People have broken into many places on Yavin 4, and Boba is still a problem on Tatooine.
I would like to know your opinions on map changes. I think they should change the Yavin 4 map to the actual Rebel base. That would be so much easier, and there are few places to run and hide. What do y'all think. I feel like Kashyyyk should be changed to a a ground map, and leave the treehouse for Blast. Tell me what you think. Is any of this really an issue? Could they do it on the side? Are you for or against the idea?
itt96uodu82s.gif
Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Replies

• Changed? No. Just cut out parts of GA maps and add them to HVV. Why not both the current Kashyyyk and a ground map? Or make certain Blast maps HVV maps. For example, the Endor Blast map would work great for HVV.

I like the idea, it would also decrease that chance for those maps to show up in the rotation. Very smart.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Changed? No. Just cut out parts of GA maps and add them to HVV. Why not both the current Kashyyyk and a ground map? Or make certain Blast maps HVV maps. For example, the Endor Blast map would work great for HVV.

Yeah section off different parts of the map and have the game randomly pick what part when loading in
  • On the topic of cutting GA maps, I always wondered why they haven't already, there are some that are no brainers, like the last phase of endor(the outside compound not the indoor section), Crait second phase, naboo palace, Yavin last phase and so on. Only problem I can think of is that some of these don't offer much in term of complexity and cover.

Yeah section off different parts of the map and have the game randomly pick what part when loading in

Agree. But man, we sure do make it easy for them :D
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • On the topic of cutting GA maps, I always wondered why they haven't already, there are some that are no brainers, like the last phase of endor(the outside compound not the indoor section), Crait second phase, naboo palace, Yavin last phase and so on. Only problem I can think of is that some of these don't offer much in term of complexity and cover.
    Changed? No. Just cut out parts of GA maps and add them to HVV. Why not both the current Kashyyyk and a ground map? Or make certain Blast maps HVV maps. For example, the Endor Blast map would work great for HVV.

Getting GA maps sounds like it could be a cool feature. Randomly changing what part of the map you are on would be really cool, and keep the maps fresh and exciting. Is it possible though?
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Does anyone think certain maps should be changed in HvV, so that players can't hide or push people off of ledges (Over and over)? Should DICE continue to make maps with this design? I think that if they changed certain maps, like Kashyyyk, Kamino, and Yavin 4, people wouldn't be able to hide and constantly push people over the edge.
    Side Note: I am not really bothered by being pushed over the edge. I think it is funny sometimes. But really, it is the only way some players can get kills with certain characters (Luke, I am looking at you). Personally, I think those characters should be changed so that they are less useful for pushing heroes/villains and more useful for doing damage.
    While working on changing these maps, they could also look into minor bugs in the maps. Takodana is a prime example. People are still able to get behind the castle, despite most efforts to change it. Then there are the hiding spots on Yavin 4 and Tatooine. People have broken into many places on Yavin 4, and Boba is still a problem on Tatooine.
    I would like to know your opinions on map changes. I think they should change the Yavin 4 map to the actual Rebel base. That would be so much easier, and there are few places to run and hide. What do y'all think. I feel like Kashyyyk should be changed to a a ground map, and leave the treehouse for Blast. Tell me what you think. Is any of this really an issue? Could they do it on the side? Are you for or against the idea?

I enjoy pushing people off the edge! Let them perish!

Yeah bugs and hiding places are bad though
  • Possible, sure, convenient, not so much. It would be easier simply having them as different maps and putting them in the rotation. Kinda like Jabba's palace and Mos Eisley both being on Tatooine but different maps. It's a cheap solution, but one that would provide more variety.

id be fine with this.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    Possible, sure, convenient, not so much. It would be easier simply having them as different maps and putting them in the rotation. Kinda like Jabba's palace and Mos Eisley both being on Tatooine but different maps. It's a cheap solution, but one that would provide more variety.

id be fine with this.
    Yeah, I agree.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • I like the maps with ledges. I think there are enough though. Too many is a bust.
  • Liz4rD
    1059 posts Member
    Nope, just two maps in which pushing off ledges can be done, and not only by Luke, you can use MAUL too. So each team can enjoy pushing ppl off ledges.

Besides, if you are running towards a Luke or a Maul with their pushing abilities ready, and they push you and you fall off and die, ITS YOUR FAULT, not theirs. Try not to be pushed by choosing the right moment to attack or the right scenario in the map to have your fight (you can play INSIDE in Kashyyyk, or in the hangar in Naboo).
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Nope, just two maps in which pushing off ledges can be done, and not only by Luke, you can use MAUL too. So each team can enjoy pushing ppl off ledges.

Besides, if you are running towards a Luke or a Maul with their pushing abilities ready, and they push you and you fall off and die, ITS YOUR FAULT, not theirs. Try not to be pushed by choosing the right moment to attack or the right scenario in the map to have your fight (you can play INSIDE in Kashyyyk, or in the hangar in Naboo).
    I know that.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • TheScape
    2237 posts Member
    edited February 7
    Liz4rD wrote: »

More than two maps actually: Hoth, Death Star, Bespin, Kashyyyk, Naboo, Kamino, Geonosis, Kessel and Starkiller Base (although nobody plays near there). All of them have edges. The whole PT-era rotation is push-friendly.

I agree with everything else you said, although I would add Kylo and to some extent Grievous and Dooku as possible pushers.
    May your heart be your guiding key.