criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

No new content is enought to save this game

I don't want to hate EA. I want to see an EA making great games, and being a good.company. But enough is enough. This game is dying, and no new content is going to save it. You need to fix and improve what's already there. The only 2 modes really without problems are strike and blast. And the list of problems stretches for miles.
Bad map balance(GA)
Awful hero design (Light side, the Dark Side is lit)
Unfun and annoying modes (Namely HvV and cancer heroes)
Abilities that need buffs or nerfs ( Stuns, frenzy, homing shot)
More weapons (srsly, the Anthem demo has more)
Lack of excitement (I'm sure Rogue One content will draw many people)
Hundreds of bugs
Also, it doesn't help that it feels like there's about 5 people working on this game. So please EA. I can still see some light at the end of the tunnel for this game. Though just spend some time polishing the stuff that's allready there.
(BTW, can't wait for Anthem to escape the garbage current state of this game.)
.

Replies

  • Man this game was made only for the hype of EP8 its like with bf2015 that they made it only for ep7 hype .They dont care about players they care about money ad its will all games that will be released from EA.So they are not going to rework all this game from 0.Hope can't save them.
  • Duke_M
    76 posts Member
    edited February 13
    LordMuro wrote: »
    Man this game was made only for the hype of EP8 its like with bf2015 that they made it only for ep7 hype .They dont care about players they care about money ad its will all games that will be released from EA.So they are not going to rework all this game from 0.Hope can't save them.

    Which is why I no longer buy games from EA (or Activision, for that matter) firsthand. Same goes for BF2. It was a present I wasn't expecting. The controversy surrounding the game early on made the decision for me - there was no way I was personally going to buy the game. The only reason I'm playng it now is because of the new game mode - before that my BF2 disc was gathering dust for months.

    It's such a shame. I'm pretty sure we would all rather be positive about this game and post about a decent play we made or how cool a new addition is that everyone is looking forward to but when you get such underhanded business practices how can the likes of EA expect anyone to not be severly p**sed off?
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • bfloo
    14032 posts Member
    This game just needs a few good modes to have the fun factor the last game had.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    This game just needs a few good modes to have the fun factor the last game had.

    Supremacy would do it for me. Attacking one minute, defending the next., and fun to play. Not too much to ask, surely?
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • bfloo wrote: »
    This game just needs a few good modes to have the fun factor the last game had.

    Only a few.....some of the current game modes just need new maps, as most haven't gotten any lately. Extraction and Strike need more maps and HvV.

    They need to convert Ewok Hunt to be just hunt......and allow us to do Hunt on Hoth vs. Wampas, Hunt on Geonosis vs. Geonosians, Hunt on Jabba's Palace vs. Jabba's Guards.

    They also need to go switch the game rules for HvV, Hero Showdown, & also probably add more objectives for strike. This change would work similar to how strike works now in that each map you change out to you play a different game mode(Sabotage or Data Tape Capture). They need to do this for other modes and increase the number of game rule objectives that are cycled through. Also a specific objective should not be forced onto a specific map. We should be able to play any objective on any map. I would like to sabotage on Yavin 4 & Kamino, while also doing data tape capture on Naboo. Right now it's always the same objective on the same map and there are only two unique objectives.

    They could easily go in and create different maps for HvV, Hero Showdown, and Strike by using all the maps we have currently.....but a different phase of the map.

    Also Geonosis needs to be added to strike......and Crait for HvV/Hero showdown/&Strike.
  • Duke_M wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    This game just needs a few good modes to have the fun factor the last game had.

    Supremacy would do it for me. Attacking one minute, defending the next., and fun to play. Not too much to ask, surely?

    Yeah I like supremacy much better than GA....GA is so controlled and linear. It is extremely boring. I also hate the shared life count that gets completely obliterated by useless players. They should have done a time limit ever since the game began, that's the other problem. A time limit instead of reinforcement count will prevent the game from finishing on the first phase a lot because your game won't end right when some noob gets killed or blows themself up. The clock will keep counting down and allow decent players to rush still have time to rush the objective and actually allow you to complete the objective more often. Right now you have to be touching the objective or in the zone right when someone dies on the last reinforcement to allow you to go into overtime, which makes it harder for the side that is losing to even get a chance to come back because the side that is losing generally has the worst players in the game because of the matchmaking.

    I think GA is the worst designed game mode in any game I have ever played! The maps are amazing but the mode sucks! Lets all work together.....without a way to communicate, teammates that regularly don't ever work with you, a shared life count that gets destroyed by noobs constantly dying and spawning.....also by people intentionally respawning and dying to get the heros first. Vehicles that clutter the zone and become hard to control because you hit and get stuck on everything in the game. It's like they created GA, then decided afterwards to add vehicles with out any consideration for how they work and how much room they need to move. GA is by far the worst game mode in this game.....plus all the bugs the other game modes gave combine into one game mode.


    To add to the problem, matchmaking in this game still completely sucks. It stacks all of the noobs on one side to lose the entire map. Until you go to a new map then it's reversed and the other side now has all the noobs.

    I can't wait for the new large scale game mode to get here as I hope it's amazing and I never have to play GA again! I know though that they have to address matchmaking to make the new large scale game mode even viable compared to GA because this current matchmaking system is GOD AWFUL!
  • bfloo
    14032 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    This game just needs a few good modes to have the fun factor the last game had.

    Only a few.....some of the current game modes just need new maps, as most haven't gotten any lately. Extraction and Strike need more maps and HvV.

    They need to convert Ewok Hunt to be just hunt......and allow us to do Hunt on Hoth vs. Wampas, Hunt on Geonosis vs. Geonosians, Hunt on Jabba's Palace vs. Jabba's Guards.

    They also need to go switch the game rules for HvV, Hero Showdown, & also probably add more objectives for strike. This change would work similar to how strike works now in that each map you change out to you play a different game mode(Sabotage or Data Tape Capture). They need to do this for other modes and increase the number of game rule objectives that are cycled through. Also a specific objective should not be forced onto a specific map. We should be able to play any objective on any map. I would like to sabotage on Yavin 4 & Kamino, while also doing data tape capture on Naboo. Right now it's always the same objective on the same map and there are only two unique objectives.

    They could easily go in and create different maps for HvV, Hero Showdown, and Strike by using all the maps we have currently.....but a different phase of the map.

    Also Geonosis needs to be added to strike......and Crait for HvV/Hero showdown/&Strike.

    Hunt i'm with you, Strike and GA I just don't enjoy at all, I was never an extraction fan.

    The new mode might be a good large mode, but I particularly enjoyed cargo in the last game. Supremacy with the front lines rules (look it up from battlefield 1 if you don't know what it is) pre timer was the best mode I played in ages, with a lot of epic 2 1/2 hour wars.
    CQ has lost me with each team zerging from flag to flag and never going towards each other any more. Hard fought rounds of cq have gotten rare, but are great when you find one.
    This is a player issue, not a mode issue.

    I prefer back and forth battles, generally small, infantry only. Only being able to attack or defend while only 1 team can move forward does nothing for me. Even droid run, with domination scoring, could be great.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Duke_M
    76 posts Member
    edited February 13
    Killzone 3's Warzone also comes to mind. A little bit of everything all in one game. A few minutes of TDM, some CTF, then some Domination and so on... nice and varied. The game itself wasn't exactly great on the whole but that was a decent game mode IMO.
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • schlaflos_in_wien
    60 posts Member
    edited February 13
    i agree, with basically everything memtioned here..
    first we need a hudge wound-heal-patch! giving players stuff they have been asking for so many times..

    extraction need more maps! the solution should be obvious :)

    HvsV needs a lot bugfixing and ballancing..
    yoda & darth maul both need a real block! their current gameplay dont fit at all to their characteristics, we have seen in the movies
    also a new HvsV mode would be realy good - all the current modes are simply killing each other. that is fun for a while.. but i would also like a mode, where they have something to do! something like extraction, protecting droids.. etc..
    we also need some kind of a solution for the boba fett problem in HvsV - dont nerv him - bring a hero who can seriously conquer him in some way

    it is also a big problem, if players leaving a game.. quite often i found myself playing 2 vs 4 players(or something like that), which usually results in a lost game - maybe lock players from the full team, untill there are equal numbers of players again

    i feel like in general the empire soldiers (or clone troops) needs a bit buffing, since they are glowing in the dark, lol they have armor - maybe give them 50 health more, or faster regeneration, whatever..

    in starfighters, we should be able to look around - if there is a way, pls let me know.. i could not find it ;)

    a respawn timer for troopers is just pointless.. at least in some game modes.

    also a private online mode, where i can play against a friend (or team up), would help a lot to understand some game mechanics and obviously would be much fun

    i think, the solutions for most problems in this game are quite simple. at least they are worth the effortand would make BF 10x times better
  • I think GA is the worst designed game mode in any game I have ever played! The maps are amazing but the mode sucks!

    GA wasn't designed. It was just put in for the sheer hell of it by people who simply didn't care. The balancing has been a serious factor from day one. Though there is a part of me that thinks it's actually quite deliberate - remember the whole lootbox controversy from Activision which suggested they make the matchmaking poor in order to try and get people to buy lootboxes to hopefully power up their characters...who's to say EA didn't try that? Besides since they got rightfully rinsed over the whole episode concerning the lootboxes it's clear they cared even less.

    What a way to treat a franchise loved by so many. Disney might claim to be happy with the way EA have used it but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest that Bob Iger hasn't even seen a Star Wars movie.
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • Duke_M wrote: »
    Though there is a part of me that thinks it's actually quite deliberate - remember the whole lootbox controversy from Activision which suggested they make the matchmaking poor in order to try and get people to buy lootboxes to hopefully power up their characters...who's to say EA didn't try that? Besides since they got rightfully rinsed over the whole episode concerning the lootboxes it's clear they cared even less.

    Kind of close.......Yongyea actually came out with a video a while back when the lootboxes were still in the game. EA has a patent on a matchmaking service that will promote keeping people in the game as long as possible. For the longest time the game would promote assigning people to teams based on a win, lose condition of every third round you were shifted to the losing/winning team. I played thousands of games and it was always like this you win 3 rounds, then you lose 3 rounds in a row.....over and over again. This only applies if you were matchmaked into a game by yourself. If you played in a party then you had a better chance of winning more rounds before you were matched into a game with complete noobs and the other team had more players(or larger party) that was stacked against your party to make you lose. I've played numerous times as a party of like 5-6 people as well. That is how I have noticed this. The problem really lies right now with how matchmaking works for single players joining the game. win3-lose3 is an awful game match mechanic. matchmaking needs to be a moving-average ranking system for every player of the last 10-20 games they have played. Balance sides so each side has a pretty even number of the same or near same ranked players.

    watch around 6:30


    I noticed about a month ago they did some server side update that made it more random as to how many rounds you won before you were shifted to the losing side. Now it is 2-4 rounds approximately, if you are playing by yourself, before you are rematched to losing/winning side. Which you might notice means that some times you lose on an entire planet(attacking&defending), then the next planet you are reshuffled and the complete opposite happens. Other times you might get lucky and win a few more before you start losing again. However, you don't really every win more than about 3 games if you are playing by yourself before you get reshuffled to a winning/losing team. Parties win streak can go high, but again the server/game will take that into account and at somepoint readjust the matchmaking to eventually force you too lose.

    They really need to change this. The game would be so much better for the large scale game mode if people were balanced within the game so that there were an even number of high players on each side and an even number of noobs on each side. If there are parties in the game, then the side with less party players will probably get more high level players that are playing by themselves to compensate for the fact that the side with a large party has an easier time to communicate and work together.



  • willywonka7
    1222 posts Member
    edited February 13
    Also I've played SO many games where I have close to the same number of points and kills as the top players on the winning team......but everyone else on my team is completely new to the game and can only get maybe 5 total kills the entire game and they didn't help with the objectives at all so their scores are really low too!

    It's so obvious that the matchmaking in this game is still nonexistent or is relying to heavily on win3-lose3 to even be considered balanced matchmaking.
  • 3/4s of our family has reverted back to playing BF1.

    » Better weapon selection for grunts
    » No classes aside from the distinction of hero vs non-hero. Any one can throw a thermal detonator. Any one can shoot a T-21.
    » No dramatic wait to get back in the game.
    » The objectives are simple: turn on/off homing beacons & keep alive or kill the walkers.
    » Many more game modes.
    » Sullust, Bespin, Scarif.

    Sure, BF1 had a huge dependency on the original trilogy for material. BF2, though, did not simply expand upon that. BF2 completely revamped maps and game play .. and shifted the focus so far away from the original trilogy that it feels like EA will never get back to including much of the original trilogy content from BF1.

    What happened to Sullust?
    No more magma troopers??
    Why the emphasis of skins for Clone troopers?
    Why can't we purchase more weapons &/or explosives with our credits? Iden V. seems to go through quite the gambit of weapons in her story on BF2; but then when you get to online GA, you're essentially limited to 1~4 weapons and 3(?!?!) star card choices with many of the cards either over-lapping or exclusive to other cards.

    BF1 has none of that madness.

    And I think there is more emphasis on the 'play' in BF1, whereas BF2 feels like the emphasis is on the 'vanity' of it all.
  • bfloo
    14032 posts Member
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    3/4s of our family has reverted back to playing BF1.

    » Better weapon selection for grunts
    » No classes aside from the distinction of hero vs non-hero. Any one can throw a thermal detonator. Any one can shoot a T-21.
    » No dramatic wait to get back in the game.
    » The objectives are simple: turn on/off homing beacons & keep alive or kill the walkers.
    » Many more game modes.
    » Sullust, Bespin, Scarif.

    Sure, BF1 had a huge dependency on the original trilogy for material. BF2, though, did not simply expand upon that. BF2 completely revamped maps and game play .. and shifted the focus so far away from the original trilogy that it feels like EA will never get back to including much of the original trilogy content from BF1.

    What happened to Sullust?
    No more magma troopers??
    Why the emphasis of skins for Clone troopers?
    Why can't we purchase more weapons &/or explosives with our credits? Iden V. seems to go through quite the gambit of weapons in her story on BF2; but then when you get to online GA, you're essentially limited to 1~4 weapons and 3(?!?!) star card choices with many of the cards either over-lapping or exclusive to other cards.

    BF1 has none of that madness.

    And I think there is more emphasis on the 'play' in BF1, whereas BF2 feels like the emphasis is on the 'vanity' of it all.

    BF2 feels like a half, poorly done, hero game where instead of programming ai to be farmed they use actual players.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • I hope once they are done with the large scale game mode(which I hope includes all present maps), they can create new characters and (medium size) maps that aren't present in Battlefront 1 as new content. Examples would be Utapau, Mustafar, Coruscant, etc.

    At the same time I want part of the team to start work on porting in the old maps and characters, along with some game modes from Battlefront 1. Maybe at the beginning of the month we get one Battlefront 1 hero or villian plus a Battlefront 1 map. Then at the end of the month 1 new battlefront hero/villian and 1 new map.

    Also they need two or three people more working on more skins, so that way we burn through all of these use less credits and spend a little money to keep the game going. I've got a 1,000,000 credits and practically nothing left to spend it on. I'd be glad to spend a little actual money if they give us new maps and characters, plus the old maps and characters, AND more WEAPONS. There is a lot of potential left in this game and I don't want them to give up on this game half way through the year when there is so much left they could do with it!

  • I would love to see a majority of the BF1 maps and materials ported to BF2. Then it would truly feel like an upgrade.

    I would love to spend my extra credits on weapons and build outs. And, yes, Utapau would be a great addition; except we have so much Clone Wars era stuff as is. I'd like to see them continue to publish venues across whole of the Star Wars' legacy.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    This game just needs a few good modes to have the fun factor the last game had.

    Exactly, I love the game but I feel like It treats me mean to keep me keen.

  • ID_8615
    364 posts Member
    edited February 15
    ・The genius that permitted heroes and specialists to appear in the first stages of a GA needs to be shot, multiple times. They have effectively wrecked GA.
    ・There is an ever growing disparity between newbie players and the elites. As many have mentioned, the match-making algorithm is flawed. I believe this latest update has made the gap ever wider. In my latest games, I have watched hordes of Know-It-Alls just blow the competition away with ease in GAs... not even close. On Naboo, one team could have had 3 or 4 of their team members in ROG-Rs, sitting on the stairs of the Throne room, reading books on Naboo Cuisine and still would have won with ease. On the converse, their Clone troopers practically wiped out the assault tank (down to 7) before it reached the palace. Needless to say, the droid army never made it up the stairs.
    ・Spawn points are now .. funky. I can't think of a better word. Either they're too close to the action, and the opposing team---the one with the Know-It-Alls---can often Spawn-scum-kill the other team as they come in to play, or they're too randomly far away from the action... especially on Tatooine. Newbie players will never figure out where they're supposed to go without some cranial capacity.
    ・Radar for grunts is "a useless gesture". Specialists are practically invisible now. Any grunt attempting to rely on radar for guidance is a dead grunt inside of 15 seconds.
    ・Bugs are NOT being addressed. The ION SHOT / Fist Pump / mis-fire is such an annoying one. It's been known for months, well documented, .. and yet, not addressed. Why?
    ・Another bug not addressed: thermal imploder radius. If one is below the blast (say, on a set of stairs), the kill radius of the blast does not take in to effect "line of sight" in the 3D realm and deals damage to players regardless. Try it on Naboo where stairs are plentiful. Especially the windy stairs, one ought to be safe from a thermal detonator with all that Naboo concrete in the way of the blast, yet... death for any droid caught in the blast's 2D radius.

    ・Dooku and the dark-side heroes are too strong in the current release.

    Again, a common theme in these Feedback threads, it appears that the latest 'update' was one of more vanity. And a tad bit of it at that.

    BF1 did not have nearly this many bugs, or obvious bugs any way. Come on Dev Team -- you can do better than this.

    ◦ Reduce the disparity among players, especially in GA. Heroes and specialists control too much of the balance. GA's focus ought to be on GRUNTs. Players who want Hero action ought to be landing in the HvV games. Hero versus Grunt ought to be super boring to the Heroes by now. Oh look, I killed another grunt, how great am I... yawn. GA ⇒ Grunt Action.
    ◦ For once, spend time and effort fortifying the grunt classes. They've been neglected for such a long time now. They need access more than 4 weapons. Cards for abilities and card for gear should be separate, not conflicting. Gear should be more equal among grunts, not as specialized as it is now... go back to where grunts were pertinent to the game, as they are/were in BF1.
    ◦ Spend time fixing the bugs..! Especially the obvious ones. You need to get agile development out of your minds thinking that will catch/fix all bugs. It doesn't even come close to it. Agile development only catches rudimentary coding mistakes. It will never catch a 2D versus 3D kill radius / sphere mistake. And it certainly isn't fixing the Ion Shot / fist pump bug. (Hint: redo the whole Ion Shot workflow OR make the Ion Shot a separate special Turret type device that fires on its own once set up by a grunt.)

    Battlefront can be so much better than this. 👍
  • Kduipora
    8 posts Member
    edited February 15
    in fact this game really needs a character-enhancement system to encourage disputes, such as a game mmorpg and a correction of all bugs we find in it
  • bfloo
    14032 posts Member
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    ・The genius that permitted heroes and specialists to appear in the first stages of a GA needs to be shot, multiple times. They have effectively wrecked GA.
    ・There is an ever growing disparity between newbie players and the elites. As many have mentioned, the match-making algorithm is flawed. I believe this latest update has made the gap ever wider. In my latest games, I have watched hordes of Know-It-Alls just blow the competition away with ease in GAs... not even close. On Naboo, one team could have had 3 or 4 of their team members in ROG-Rs, sitting on the stairs of the Throne room, reading books on Naboo Cuisine and still would have won with ease. On the converse, their Clone troopers practically wiped out the assault tank (down to 7) before it reached the palace. Needless to say, the droid army never made it up the stairs.
    ・Spawn points are now .. funky. I can't think of a better word. Either they're too close to the action, and the opposing team---the one with the Know-It-Alls---can often Spawn-scum-kill the other team as they come in to play, or they're too randomly far away from the action... especially on Tatooine. Newbie players will never figure out where they're supposed to go without some cranial capacity.
    ・Radar for grunts is "a useless gesture". Specialists are practically invisible now. Any grunt attempting to rely on radar for guidance is a dead grunt inside of 15 seconds.
    ・Bugs are NOT being addressed. The ION SHOT / Fist Pump / mis-fire is such an annoying one. It's been known for months, well documented, .. and yet, not addressed. Why?
    ・Another bug not addressed: thermal imploder radius. If one is below the blast (say, on a set of stairs), the kill radius of the blast does not take in to effect "line of sight" in the 3D realm and deals damage to players regardless. Try it on Naboo where stairs are plentiful. Especially the windy stairs, one ought to be safe from a thermal detonator with all that Naboo concrete in the way of the blast, yet... death for any droid caught in the blast's 2D radius.

    ・Dooku and the dark-side heroes are too strong in the current release.

    Again, a common theme in these Feedback threads, it appears that the latest 'update' was one of more vanity. And a tad bit of it at that.

    BF1 did not have nearly this many bugs, or obvious bugs any way. Come on Dev Team -- you can do better than this.

    ◦ Reduce the disparity among players, especially in GA. Heroes and specialists control too much of the balance. GA's focus ought to be on GRUNTs. Players who want Hero action ought to be landing in the HvV games. Hero versus Grunt ought to be super boring to the Heroes by now. Oh look, I killed another grunt, how great am I... yawn. GA ⇒ Grunt Action.
    ◦ For once, spend time and effort fortifying the grunt classes. They've been neglected for such a long time now. They need access more than 4 weapons. Cards for abilities and card for gear should be separate, not conflicting. Gear should be more equal among grunts, not as specialized as it is now... go back to where grunts were pertinent to the game, as they are/were in BF1.
    ◦ Spend time fixing the bugs..! Especially the obvious ones. You need to get agile development out of your minds thinking that will catch/fix all bugs. It doesn't even come close to it. Agile development only catches rudimentary coding mistakes. It will never catch a 2D versus 3D kill radius / sphere mistake. And it certainly isn't fixing the Ion Shot / fist pump bug. (Hint: redo the whole Ion Shot workflow OR make the Ion Shot a separate special Turret type device that fires on its own once set up by a grunt.)

    Battlefront can be so much better than this. 👍

    whats wrong with specialists?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Versatti wrote: »

    Exactly, I love the game but I feel like It treats me mean to keep me keen.

    Not me. If this new game mode has the same crap GA does as in glitches and bad balancing despite them saying that the mode is being delayed for polishing my BF2 will end up gathering dust like it did until recently and I'll move on to something else while remembering to go nowhere near anything EA related (or Activision for that matter).

    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • ID_8615
    364 posts Member
    edited February 16
    bfloo wrote: »
    whats wrong with specialists?

    They're too powerful now. I would bet the stastics will show a greater % of players now choosing specialists over assault, heavy, and commanders. Specialists should have their melee combat, close vicinity combat weakened a bit if EA/DICE wants to continue to permit them to have such long-range accuracy and lethality. A given grunt is usually dead before a specialist's locale is revealed---even up close in melee combat zones.
  • I don't know why the match making algorithm permits one side to have 2-3 fewer players than the other side .. it's almost a foregone conclusion how it will turn out.

    I also do not know why either side can have more than 2 heroes in GA episode. They are over powering, particularly in close quarter combat. The bazaar on Tatooine; the throne room of Naboo; either juggernaut on Kasshyk, etc. Too many heroes / villains in GA. Strategy and Skill be [email protected] - any dolt with a hero/villain completely negates any semblance of grunt teamwork. And, why those heroes / villains get extra health is beyond me. I pumped Chewie full of shots last night, over heating my weapon. He turned and hit me once with his crossbow - 1-shot / 1-kill. Chewie still had over 300 health when my grunt died. Ineptitude on parade and winning. And those thermal detonators are exploding through solid marble / rock / metal structures.. it's annoying as heck.
  • willywonka7
    1222 posts Member
    edited February 18
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    I don't know why the match making algorithm permits one side to have 2-3 fewer players than the other side .. it's almost a foregone conclusion how it will turn out.

    I also do not know why either side can have more than 2 heroes in GA episode. They are over powering, particularly in close quarter combat. The bazaar on Tatooine; the throne room of Naboo; either juggernaut on Kasshyk, etc. Too many heroes / villains in GA. Strategy and Skill be [email protected] - any dolt with a hero/villain completely negates any semblance of grunt teamwork. And, why those heroes / villains get extra health is beyond me. I pumped Chewie full of shots last night, over heating my weapon. He turned and hit me once with his crossbow - 1-shot / 1-kill. Chewie still had over 300 health when my grunt died. Ineptitude on parade and winning. And those thermal detonators are exploding through solid marble / rock / metal structures.. it's annoying as heck.

    Agree completely. AlsoI Found out the other day that chewy's slam goes through walls too. It was Kamino second phase and he was in the large clone facility dome...where you have to score the data tape in strike.......he was on the ledge by the wall and I was on the outside of the dome as a hero running to get the the capture platforms. He ground slam inside the dome and it went through the wall and pushed me off the ledge and killed me instantly.
    Post edited by willywonka7 on
  • I've just returned to the game after a few months, and I wouldn't be so categorical as to claim nothing van save the game. It's still got qualities making it worth return g to. A couple of SFA and extraction maps would keep me going for another year. Some semi-regular updates with new ships, maps and other content releases would keep it alive for me at least a couple more years, though I'd take breaks now and then. At which point SWBF3 ought to be close anyway.

    Granted, some sweet talking is needed to draw Criterion back, but it's not impossible to make this game live on, IMO.
  • To all those that say GA is unbalanced, you obviously have not been in the matches I've been in where the team and map is so balanced that it comes down to 1 person jumping in front of his teammate who is defusing the final objective during overtime and taking the blaster fire for his teammate and as it is defused he dies. It really doesn't get any more balanced than that in any game. All you crybabies are what brought on this garbage **** matchmaking system which has literally destroyed the game. So good for you. Go play cargo hold or whatever the hell it is that you get a kick out of.
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    To all those that say GA is unbalanced, you obviously have not been in the matches I've been in where the team and map is so balanced that it comes down to 1 person jumping in front of his teammate who is defusing the final objective during overtime and taking the blaster fire for his teammate and as it is defused he dies. It really doesn't get any more balanced than that in any game.

    That would be fantastic! Thing is, I see 3 heroes per side destroying any hopes of a finish like that ever happening. It ends up being a Heroes v Villains ending in most cases with grunts getting obliterated in all the force-push carnage happening in the confined quarters. I would love to have endings where grunt-work and team work decided the ending. Not Bossk. Not Palpatine. Not Luke, nor Rey. Grunts.
  • Ok.. it did just happen now that the system went back to normal.
    On Kashyyyk; droids had 1 kill left to give and the last bomb was set to detonate on the cruiser. I rammed my tank in to the area, taking out Luke and Rey for the Victory for the Separatists. Still, an ending like that seems far more plausible with fewer heroes and villains throwing their proverbial force around.
  • The game doesn't need to be save... It is an awesome game... You don't like it ? Don't play it then. I don't really see what's the point of that kind of thread... I don't even understand why you take the time to do it instead of playing another game which doesn't need to be save......
  • Getting tired of detonators going through walls that used to be impenetrable.
  • I do like this game, and I want to have fun with it, but there’s a ton of problems I think should be addressed before new heroes or dlcs. Like imagine playing the new mode, but one side wins every time and they don’t do anything. Would that make it fun for you? There’s lots of potential for this game, but the balance problems and bugs have made many people desist from playing. All I really need is some better balance for GA, since that is the core of this game. That plus all the weapons from BF 2015 would draw many people here again. And as I said, I don’t want to hate EA/DICE, but they haven’t really improved this game’s reputation by much
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    All you crybabies are what brought on this garbage **** matchmaking system which has literally destroyed the game. So good for you. Go play cargo hold or whatever the hell it is that you get a kick out of.
    Excuse me, but don’t accuse people of being noobs without actually knowing how they actually play. Also, complaining about a broken system doesn’t mean you can’t play it.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!