criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Han Solo card Recommendations

I'm currently level 15 and have few points right now, but cards so far don't look too good :neutral:

Should I wait instead until level 25 (or is it 20?) to get the ones with the cooldown improvements to the blaster?

thx

Replies

• For HvV, I run the reduced heat buildup, increased sharpshooter time, and increased detonite damage when exploded in the air cards personally.
  • Airburst for sure. His HoK is a must for GA. The rest are situational imo. Reduced damage during his shoulder charge is more useful than it seems when you need to get out of a tight spot.
  • airburst, hok, blaster heat
    FORUM JESTER
    KOG
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • You can detonate the charge in mid air? :lol:

it seems blaster heat is a clear winner
  • btw, shouldn't Boba get knocked down out of the sky with the detonite? I just blew up one right on his face and nothing happened (he got damaged but that was all)

Also, shoulder charge is not doing anything, melee is far more reliable.
  • btw, shouldn't Boba get knocked down out of the sky with the detonite? I just blew up one right on his face and nothing happened (he got damaged but that was all)

Boba can't get knock out the air if he's not constantly using fuel.. also shoulder charge does 190 & goes through blocks

Boba can't get knock out the air if he's not constantly using fuel.. also shoulder charge does 190 & goes through blocks

It always feels that my shoulder charge gets cancelled by any RT smasher

Could you please clarify this statement? When is Boba in the air and not using fuel (except when he's falling)? For quite a while at least, explosive damage would send him ragdoll falling no matter what. Did they change this in one of the recent updates? If so, it was a big mistake given how annoying he can be to counter when he's flying (esp. in the hands of a player working with netcode assist).
  • johnny_mercury
    4116 posts Member
    edited February 11
    Air burst, hok, and 25% blaster heat reduction. Soemtimes changing out the hok for the 40% damage reduction when using shoulder charge
  • GA: Air Burst, A Good Blaster(HoK), Heavily Modified Blaster

HvV: Air Burst, A Good Blaster(HoK) or Sharpshooter's Calm, Heavily Modified Blaster.

Use the above, you can't go wrong. Broad Shoulders was viable until Han got his HoK card, after that, using it is a wasted slot as is using any of his cards other than the 4 ones I mentioned above.
  • I've been running Air Burst and Heavily Modified Blaster, can't wait to get them purple (I'm lvl 22 now)

I don't understand Sharpshooter's Calm, the description makes no sense: "Sharpshooter shots reduce less active time"
    :neutral: I "suppose" what they mean is I can squeeze in more shots when sharpshooter is active, is all I care really, is that it?
  • I don't understand Sharpshooter's Calm, the description makes no sense: "Sharpshooter shots reduce less active time"
    :neutral: I "suppose" what they mean is I can squeeze in more shots when sharpshooter is active, is all I care really, is that it?

Correct, that's what it means.

• Air Burst, Heavily Modified Blaster, and either Sharpshooters Calm or A Good Blaster depending on if you are playing GA and need that HoK card or more killing power in HvV
  • I always feel Han's cards are a poor selection, many of which only work for players with really good aim.
  • I always feel Han's cards are a poor selection, many of which only work for players with really good aim.

You need to have really good aim to use Han effectively, so I don't see why Star Cards focused around that would be a problem.

You need to have really good aim to use Han effectively, so I don't see why Star Cards focused around that would be a problem.

Yep, you have to have good aiming. And also, the "good" cards are at higher levels, which is good for a change :)

Han is really nasty when shooting from afar at everyone smashing RT at each other :blush:

Because hero star cards, almost without exception, make it easier for players of all levels to do better. Han IS the exception. If you don't already have good aim, many of his star cards don't actually kick in. So players who wan't to play a blaster hero but aren't very good yet might as well not bother with Han, because there's nothing to help them. His star cards only help people who are already good enough not to need star cards.
  • Really getting the hang of this guy, love melting Dooku's face :lol:

Because hero star cards, almost without exception, make it easier for players of all levels to do better. Han IS the exception. If you don't already have good aim, many of his star cards don't actually kick in. So players who wan't to play a blaster hero but aren't very good yet might as well not bother with Han, because there's nothing to help them. His star cards only help people who are already good enough not to need star cards.

Then they’ll have to practice in order to get better with Han and make use of his cards.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

Then they’ll have to practice in order to get better with Han and make use of his cards.

So what you're saying is "git gud".
    Noted.

Noted.

Why should he be easy to use for players of all skill level? I struggled with nearly every hero initially since I avoided hero modes. They need to put in the time like everybody else.
  • I love that Han needs skill to use and it so satisfying melting R2 mashers or getting that clutch detonate charge kill, the cards mentioned are basically his best build I personally don't care for shoulder charge cards as I'm all about maximum damage output in HvV
  • hsf_
    1464 posts Member
    edited February 14
    I always feel Han's cards are a poor selection, many of which only work for players with really good aim.

Noted.

Why should he be easy to use for players of all skill level? I struggled with nearly every hero initially since I avoided hero modes. They need to put in the time like everybody else.

A man who speaks sense. This game has been littered with stuff catering to the casual player, which is wrong. It's not rewarding when you put 500hrs into the game, and some pelter with 5hrs comes along with his saber mashing and owns you, then proceeds to emote whilst saying "gitgudnuup"

And this is coming from a guy who doesn't like the blaster heroes.
  • Voter_Colonel
    596 posts Member
    edited February 17
    hsf_ wrote: »
    This game has been littered with stuff catering to the casual player, which is wrong.

No it's not. Why shouldn't the game cater to casual players? It's called "broad appeal".

It's like cheese: you can serve cheddar, which most people like quite a lot, or you can serve some obscure revolting goat's cheese from Italy which 90% of people hate but which the people who do like it think is immensely better than cheddar.
    If you're in the business of selling cheese, do you want to please 90% of your customers, or only 10%? If you are one of the customers who prefers cheddar, do you want to be able to buy cheddar, or do you want all the cheese in town to be the revolting Italian goat's cheese?
    You, my poorly-monikered friend, are a fan of the goat's cheese. And yet here you are playing the game, eating the cheddar anyway. So the cheddar can't taste that bad, can it?

• hsf_ wrote: »
    This game has been littered with stuff catering to the casual player, which is wrong.

No it's not. Why shouldn't the game cater to casual players? It's called "broad appeal".

It's like cheese: you can serve cheddar, which most people like quite a lot, or you can serve some obscure revolting goat's cheese from Italy which 90% of people hate but which the people who do like it think is immensely better than cheddar.
    If you're in the business of selling cheese, do you want to please 90% of your customers, or only 10%? If you are one of the customers who prefers cheddar, do you want to be able to buy cheddar, or do you want all the cheese in town to be the revolting Italian goat's cheese?
    You, my poorly-monikered friend, are a fan of the goat's cheese. And yet here you are playing the game, eating the cheddar anyway. So the cheddar can't taste that bad, can it?

Because casual players bring down the skill gap so much it makes it worse for them and with every nerf and foaming at the mouth how hard it is, so they call for more nerfs and it never ends
  • My first choice for LS hero is, 9 times out of 10 , Han. My aim used to suck but I’ve worked on it and now i do really well as Han. My point is you do need good aiming skills with Han to do well but he’s so much fun that it’s worth the effort.

I always use Air Burst, A Good Blaster and Heavily Modified Blaster in GA and I switch out A Good Blaster for Sharpshooter’s Calm for HvV - it never fails.
  • The best thing for Han is not a card, its called Aim. With it, you are almost immortal
  • In the past, Air Burst wasn't working, but my latest tests in January 2019 show that the card is working as intended. However, be careful, if the detonite touches the body of an enemy unit, it won't attach to it, but it'll stop traveling its arc and start falling to the ground. During this moment, which the detonite isn't touching the ground yet, it wont do the extra damage from the Star Card.

The game considers this falling moment after touching an enemy unit as a moment after touching the ground for the card's effect.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

You must be terrible at this game.

I'm not, though. I just like games to be enjoyable right from the day I start playing, not only on the day I max out all my weapons/cards/skills/whatever. Unlike some others, I can see the game from more than just my own perspective.
    Two things are apparent with people who object to games that casual players can enjoy: (a) they have forgotten what it's like to be new at playing a game and be demoralised to the point of switching it off because of supreme players poncing about and ruling the battlefield, and (b) complete lack of empathy and a massive selfish streak.

I'm not, though. I just like games to be enjoyable right from the day I start playing, not only on the day I max out all my weapons/cards/skills/whatever. Unlike some others, I can see the game from more than just my own perspective.
    Two things are apparent with people who object to games that casual players can enjoy: (a) they have forgotten what it's like to be new at playing a game and be demoralised to the point of switching it off because of supreme players poncing about and ruling the battlefield, and (b) complete lack of empathy and a massive selfish streak.

How is that at all rewarding? Jumping into a game for the first time and already being fantastic at it? I hope the developers don’t cater to people of this mindset.

I played probably 400 hours of BF15 before I got even somewhat respectable at the game. I’m talking like a 0.5 KD. I played a ton (2000+ hours), watched tip videos, played with people better than me and slowly but surely I improved. I’m a Star Wars fan, not a gamer. So I know all about being fodder for “elite” players.

I’m sorry, but if somebody doesn’t have the patience or the willingness to improve at a game that you’re not great at from the get go then they can fire up Tetris.
  • If you're just going to disingenuously pretend to misunderstand what I'm saying, I'm not going to engage with you. Go away to GA, grab yourself a hero and sit there spawn killing. I guess it's what you're best at.
  • If you're just going to disingenuously pretend to misunderstand what I'm saying, I'm not going to engage with you. Go away to GA, grab yourself a hero and sit there spawn killing. I guess it's what you're best at.

I don’t play GA, but nice try. I’m sorry you want things gifted to you without putting in any effort. Best of luck with that.
  • In the past, Air Burst wasn't working, but my latest tests in January 2019 show that the card is working as intended. However, be careful, if the detonite touches the body of an enemy unit, it won't attach to it, but it'll stop traveling its arc and start falling to the ground. During this moment, which the detonite isn't touching the ground yet, it wont do the extra damage from the Star Card.

The game considers this falling moment after touching an enemy unit as a moment after touching the ground for the card's effect.

Thanks for the info :)

I've been running airburst, heavy modified blaster and either sharpshooter thing or hok. Really love him, any decent aiming and that guy is nasty :)