Devs comments on new weapons, and why we don't have them
As you can see weapons are a low priority, which I believe to be an absurd comment. I will list why they should be a top priority down below.
1. Every player has access to them. Unlike heroes, especially new heroes released can only be accessed by the top 10% in Galactic Assault, or whoever has the fasted connection and who slides along the hero selector the quickest before a match starts. New heroes are great, however they it's usually only the elite who get to play as them within the first month in which they arrive, whereas blasters can be picked up by anyone no matter what the skill level, allowing more of the player base to have access to this new content.
2. They don't appear once in a rotation of 13 maps. New maps are nice as well, however having only 1 new map for GA within a year gets stale pretty fast, and the likelyhood of getting the map in the rotation is pretty low, unless you stop and start the map search to get as close as possible which is a bit of a faff. Blasters on the other hand, add new life to old maps, allowing you to experiment how to play on old maps to suit the new blaster which would bring freshness and change up the gameplay.
3. The game is stale with no new blasters. As much fun as new maps are, the gameplay is the same because there is no variation in blasters. Getting to use new heroes in GA is also fun, however it is incredibly tiresome to use the same a280 everytime to get enough battlepoints to achieve the hero.
New weapons are needed to keep the game alive and kicking, everyone can use them which overall feels like more new content than one hero a month because there isn't a rat race to be the first to test them out and level them up, when all you have to do is select the new blaster you want to use. What's everyone else's thoughts on this?
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
- 34.4K General Discussion
- 4K Gameplay Discussion
- 7.1K Feedback & Suggestions
- 574 Community Events and Creations
- 1.4K Star Wars™ Battlefront II Recruitment
- 2.6K Off-topic