criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Iden Versio needs a nerf

2Next

Replies

• Secondary fire should be nerfed and droid batteries fixed.
    That's sounds to much. I think if her secondary would have radius reduced by no more than 0.5 meter would suffice.

• Her secondary fire is much more annoying than her droid
    FORUM JESTER
    KOG
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    edited February 10
    Every light side HvV match I have lost has been because of Iden.

She needs a serious change or something.

You make an INCREDIBLY compelling case... after all, if every match YOU have lost is because of Iden, there can be no other explanation except that she is overpowered and must be NERFED!!!
  • I get all the backlash against her. She's in my opinion better than Han, Lando, and Chewie in HvV, with how her STUN recharges every 7 seconds or so with that one star card.

She has a solid chance against all of the LS heroes, whereas Han, Lando, and Chewie are absolutely screwed against any decent Darth Vader, Grievous, Dooku, Boba, or of course Iden players, without their stuns due to long cooldowns for them.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
    That's sounds to much. I think if her secondary would have radius reduced by no more than 0.5 meter would suffice.

Spitting 150 damage balls each second without cooldown is bit too much.
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    I get all the backlash against her. She's in my opinion better than Han, Lando, and Chewie in HvV, with how her STUN recharges every 7 seconds or so with that one star card.

She has a solid chance against all of the LS heroes, whereas Han, Lando, and Chewie are absolutely screwed against any decent Darth Vader, Grievous, Dooku, Boba, or of course Iden players, without their stuns due to long cooldowns for them.

She's not better than Han. If you eat the stun without smacking her with detonite in return is pretty much the only way to lose that. My Han never loses to Idens unless already on low health. The DPS difference is too great inside of 50m and he's basically a hard counter (actually he's a hard counter to pretty much the entire DS roster save maybe Boba).

Chewie can charge slam for a free 150-200 damage (depends on card), throw an unblockable, undodgeable stun and walk into her bubble to 2 shot her. Conversely, she can outrange him and take about half of his health if he fails to dodge her stun. Roughly even chance for both.

Lando has more health, a higher DPS gun and a free 200-400 damage aimbot. He's not hopeless though I would put him at a disadvantage if she baits his stun with a shield available which isn't too difficult to do.

If you can't beat an Iden with those characters (or beat a DV, Dooku or especially that joke Lolgrievous) I'd suggest practice.
    9xkb2z2el1y6.jpg
    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Her stun is fine. The quick recharge is an easy way counter all the button mashing glow stick users do. If you know what you’re doing she is one of the easiest to kill, and if you know how to play her she’s a beast. Most are just upset that she gets the drop on them, and they don’t see it coming
  • Lagodaki
    352 posts Member
    edited February 10
    Only thing i’d recommend, if they are changing anything with her it should be fixing her bugged card. Yes the secondary fire does seem a little too powerful, but I say just leave it the way it is.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Wolfman91 wrote: »
    So her ridiculous droid cool down bug is ok for most of you guys ? ;v

There is no bug and is working as intended, any nerf to her will cripple her at this point as they no longer buff while nerfing anymore, so do as we all do and adapt

Nah it's a bug

Got any proof of this?

You got any proof it is? It's Supposed to be 15 seconds not six

No pictures? Game code? I wanna see how you came to this conclusion is all
  • Admiral_Xen
    2394 posts Member
    edited February 10
    Wolfman91 wrote: »

There is no bug and is working as intended, any nerf to her will cripple her at this point as they no longer buff while nerfing anymore, so do as we all do and adapt

Nah it's a bug

Got any proof of this?

You got any proof it is? It's Supposed to be 15 seconds not six

No pictures? Game code? I wanna see how you came to this conclusion is all

Standard cooldown without cards on Droid Stun and Droid Shield is 20 seconds.

Droid batteries card description says it reduces recharge of both by up to 25% for a minimum 15 second cooldown.

In game using the card gives (I just tested it) a 7 second cooldown on both (65% reduction). Also I didn't test while I was levelling the card, but it definitely about halved your cooldowns at green and blue levels, as well (should go from a 2-3-4-5 second reduction based on the elucidated values).

EDIT: Looked at some old footage of playing with blue cards and it was an 8 second cooldown (should be 16)

So either the card description is currently wrong or it's bugged somehow.
    9xkb2z2el1y6.jpg
    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
    I get all the backlash against her. She's in my opinion better than Han, Lando, and Chewie in HvV, with how her STUN recharges every 7 seconds or so with that one star card.

She's not better than Han. If you eat the stun without smacking her with detonite in return is pretty much the only way to lose that. My Han never loses to Idens unless already on low health. The DPS difference is too great inside of 50m and he's basically a hard counter (actually he's a hard counter to pretty much the entire DS roster save maybe Boba)

She can use her shield to tank Han Solo's detonite and take no damage from it. Throwing a detonite charge is among the first things that most Han Solo players, even the better ones, do at the start of any fight in HvV. It's becoming easy for top-players like myself to realize this and thus effectively start to bait it (effectively wasting it). A good Iden will consider Han's power when dealing with him, as with a good Boba Fett as well by using Jetpack to stay of range of it, only closing in with upgraded rocket once he's used it, knowing that Detonite the only way for Han to compete most and that it has a long recharge time so that ever missing it becomes punishing.
    When comparing Iden's TL-50 to Han's DL-44 at close range, the DPS differences between the two aren't so large, so her gun can at least compete. The only time Han's DL-44 outperforms the TL-50 would be at medium to long distance.

Han Solo deals up to 80 damage per shot, with a rate of fire of 3 shots per second (or 180 RPM). This means a max DPS of 240 body and 456 head.

Iden's TL-50 (primary) deals 20 damage per shot, with rate of fire of 11.67 shots per second (or 700 RPM). This means a max DPS of 233 body and 443 head.

So, unless you're at medium-long distance away, the DPS different isn't so great as you may have thought. It's easier for Iden to deal that level of damage because she's not as punished for missing a shot unlike Han is.

Lando has more health, a higher DPS gun and a free 200-400 damage aimbot. He's not hopeless though I would put him at a disadvantage if she baits his stun with a shield available which isn't too difficult to do.

More health hardly matters when he's more susceptible to damage as a Light Side blaster-wielder than perhaps, Boba, Phasma, Bossk, or Iden are on the Dark Side. His aimbot rarely ever headshots for 380 damage. Furthermore, his gun has so much spread, low damage at range, and low cooling power, it ain't too great. The only time it seems great is when you have stunned an enemy and shot them in the face 17 times or so. Some players I've heard from now speculate that if you were to remove his stun, he'd be dead without a doubt against Vader and Grievous, and perhaps maybe Dooku, all of which deal high damage up close, one-sided against him more than any other - and that's just how underwhelming his gun is. Roll only does so much against anyone who can time their swings to counter roll.

You even just admitted that he's at a disadvantage if Iden can bait his fairly telegraphed stun - doesn't that mean she's objectively better simply because he's to a disadvantage? The fact that he's more susceptible to damage by having no jetpack, personal shield, or health buff to avoid damage by design further supports my point.

Chewie can charge slam for a free 150-200 damage (depends on card), throw an unblockable, undodgeable stun and walk into her bubble to 2 shot her. Conversely, she can outrange him and take about half of his health if he fails to dodge her stun. Roughly even chance for both.

Now let me point out that I considered Iden over than the three, when looking at her 'ease of use' compared to them.

Her ease of use outweighs that of Chewie's due to his furious bowcaster and stun grenade, nerfed. Her stun is virtually spammable whereas Chewie isn't. He doesn't have a high damage secondary fire that can kill around corners or force lightsaber-wielders away - Chewie's splash damage against lightsaber-wielders was nerfed, and splash in general. His charge slam can be intercepted with a stun or an attack that knocks down / knocks back and sets it to cooldown just like that. He's extremely easy to outplay with his nerf, and it definitely weakened the Light Side in HvV as a result.

Her ease of use outweighs that of Lando's, as his stun as a longer recharge time, gun's not that good, can't like spam sharpshot every once in a bit (rarely ever headshots for 380 damage too), and then we have smoke that does virtually nothing.

Her ease of use outweighs that of Han, because it's not like he can spam detonite charge now can he?

The point is, all of the Light Side blaster-wielders struggle against more heroes than Iden does right now, all being more susceptible to damage and having to face more powerful heroes at the same time, than what Iden has to face. Darth Vader's force choke + saber throw + 2 attacks with rage = death for any hero with 650 health, but yet where is a single Light Side lightsaber-wielder that can end someone with 650 health with just two abilities? Not to mention that they're all much weaker than Vader in terms of HP too so overall they're far easier to overcome as a result, no matter who they are or what type of players are using them.

If you can't beat an Iden with those characters (or beat a DV, Dooku or especially that joke Lolgrievous) I'd suggest practice.

I never said I couldn't beat Iden, nor have I ever said that some heroes couldn't do so. She is however a much bigger threat to the competition alone with how fast her stun recharges and how her shield can be used to tank some damage, having all of both offensive and defensive benefits. Maybe not exactly better, but ''objectively better'' is the term I'd use now to describe her over Han, Chewie, and Lando, in HvV.

TL;DR

I say all this from a competitive point of view, meaning only top-tier players are involved in this fight, not any average or bads you'd easily overcome otherwise. An Iden played by a top-tier player is extremely powerful by her having some of the best offensive and defensive benefits for a blaster-wielder and thus is harder to overcome than Han, Leia, Lando, or Chewie by design. I'd rather face any of them instead.

• Those complaining about Iden just need to play better. Her stun, and cards are fine how they are. You just need to keep your head on a swivel when she is around, to bait her into using stun
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Those complaining about Iden just need to play better. Her stun, and cards are fine how they are. You just need to keep your head on a swivel when she is around, to bait her into using stun

Sounds like a iden main. The card is not fine at all it should come back on 15 seconds like it's suppose to.
    Those complaining about Iden just need to play better. Her stun, and cards are fine how they are. You just need to keep your head on a swivel when she is around, to bait her into using stun

Sounds like a iden main. The card is not fine at all it should come back on 15 seconds like it's suppose to.

Maybe it is correct and card description is wrong? Would not be the first time.

May be another case of “shooting through walls with Palps is cheating”
  • Clone201
    3437 posts Member
    edited February 10
    TjPunx wrote: »

The same thing happened with Darth Vader's Furious Resilience, his Bonus Health (back when he max health was nerfed) and Rey's Resilient Dash, those of which were eventually fixed and corrected. The game's code is not correct in relation to what the card is saying of it.

The same thing happened with Darth Vader's Furious Resilience, his Bonus Health (back when he max health was nerfed) and Rey's Resilient Dash, those of which were eventually fixed and corrected. The game's code is not correct in relation to what the card is saying of it.

Cant say I have seen any dev state that this in particular is a bug. Until then guess its working as intended.
  • Clone201
    3437 posts Member
    edited February 10
    Clone201 wrote: »

Cant say I have seen any dev state that this in particular is a bug. Until then guess its working as intended.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/106051/star-wars-battlefront-ii-release-notes-night-on-endor-update#latest

Here you can find the fix notes from dev feedback for Vader's bonus health, furious, and then Rey's resilient dash.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/106051/star-wars-battlefront-ii-release-notes-night-on-endor-update#latest

Here you can find the fix notes from dev feedback for Vader's bonus health, furious, and then Rey's resilient dash.

None of those are related to Iden... care to link us to where it says that in Iden's case it is a bug?

She's not better than Han. If you eat the stun without smacking her with detonite in return is pretty much the only way to lose that. My Han never loses to Idens unless already on low health. The DPS difference is too great inside of 50m and he's basically a hard counter (actually he's a hard counter to pretty much the entire DS roster save maybe Boba)

She can use her shield to tank Han Solo's detonite and take no damage from it. Throwing a detonite charge is among the first things that most Han Solo players, even the better ones, do at the start of any fight in HvV. It's becoming easy for top-players like myself to realize this and thus effectively start to bait it (effectively wasting it). A good Iden will consider Han's power when dealing with him, as with a good Boba Fett as well by using Jetpack to stay of range of it, only closing in with upgraded rocket once he's used it, knowing that Detonite the only way for Han to compete most and that it has a long recharge time so that ever missing it becomes punishing.
    When comparing Iden's TL-50 to Han's DL-44 at close range, the DPS differences between the two aren't so large, so her gun can at least compete. The only time Han's DL-44 outperforms the TL-50 would be at medium to long distance.

Han Solo deals up to 80 damage per shot, with a rate of fire of 3 shots per second (or 180 RPM). This means a max DPS of 240 body and 456 head.

Iden's TL-50 (primary) deals 20 damage per shot, with rate of fire of 11.67 shots per second (or 700 RPM). This means a max DPS of 233 body and 443 head.

So, unless you're at medium-long distance away, the DPS different isn't so great as you may have thought. It's easier for Iden to deal that level of damage because she's not as punished for missing a shot unlike Han is.

More health hardly matters when he's more susceptible to damage as a Light Side blaster-wielder than perhaps, Boba, Phasma, Bossk, or Iden are on the Dark Side. His aimbot rarely ever headshots for 380 damage. Furthermore, his gun has so much spread, low damage at range, and low cooling power, it ain't too great. The only time it seems great is when you have stunned an enemy and shot them in the face 17 times or so. Some players I've heard from now speculate that if you were to remove his stun, he'd be dead without a doubt against Vader and Grievous, and perhaps maybe Dooku, all of which deal high damage up close, one-sided against him more than any other - and that's just how underwhelming his gun is. Roll only does so much against anyone who can time their swings to counter roll.

You even just admitted that he's at a disadvantage if Iden can bait his fairly telegraphed stun - doesn't that mean she's objectively better simply because he's to a disadvantage? The fact that he's more susceptible to damage by having no jetpack, personal shield, or health buff to avoid damage by design further supports my point.

Now let me point out that I considered Iden over than the three, when looking at her 'ease of use' compared to them.

Her ease of use outweighs that of Chewie's due to his furious bowcaster and stun grenade, nerfed. Her stun is virtually spammable whereas Chewie isn't. He doesn't have a high damage secondary fire that can kill around corners or force lightsaber-wielders away - Chewie's splash damage against lightsaber-wielders was nerfed, and splash in general. His charge slam can be intercepted with a stun or an attack that knocks down / knocks back and sets it to cooldown just like that. He's extremely easy to outplay with his nerf, and it definitely weakened the Light Side in HvV as a result.

Her ease of use outweighs that of Lando's, as his stun as a longer recharge time, gun's not that good, can't like spam sharpshot every once in a bit (rarely ever headshots for 380 damage too), and then we have smoke that does virtually nothing.

Her ease of use outweighs that of Han, because it's not like he can spam detonite charge now can he?

The point is, all of the Light Side blaster-wielders struggle against more heroes than Iden does right now, all being more susceptible to damage and having to face more powerful heroes at the same time, than what Iden has to face. Darth Vader's force choke + saber throw + 2 attacks with rage = death for any hero with 650 health, but yet where is a single Light Side lightsaber-wielder that can end someone with 650 health with just two abilities? Not to mention that they're all much weaker than Vader in terms of HP too so overall they're far easier to overcome as a result, no matter who they are or what type of players are using them.

I never said I couldn't beat Iden, nor have I ever said that some heroes couldn't do so. She is however a much bigger threat to the competition alone with how fast her stun recharges and how her shield can be used to tank some damage, having all of both offensive and defensive benefits. Maybe not exactly better, but ''objectively better'' is the term I'd use now to describe her over Han, Chewie, and Lando, in HvV.

TL;DR

I say all this from a competitive point of view, meaning only top-tier players are involved in this fight, not any average or bads you'd easily overcome otherwise. An Iden played by a top-tier player is extremely powerful by her having some of the best offensive and defensive benefits for a blaster-wielder and thus is harder to overcome than Han, Leia, Lando, or Chewie by design. I'd rather face any of them instead.

uhh, what kind of defective Han player would throw a detonite at an Iden with a shield available unless she were already at low health (where the knockback alone would be enough to ensure a kill combined with shooting through it, melee or shoulder charge)?

Any time Iden tries to use any attack against Han at any range within 50m (where Pulse Cannon reaches max damage while Han's DL is close to bottoming out) she trades negatively assuming equal accuracy. His gun has more DPS than anything in her arsenal, and at medium ranges it's extremely pronounced as a result of Han's better hitrate (Han's blaster is effectively 100% accurate while Iden's has reverse spread decrease ala Phasma's, albiet not as extreme).

He also easily punishes any attempt to shield and disengage with his superior mobility, 150-190 damage charge that goes through her bubble and leaves her wide open to follow ups. Meanwhile her stun is easy to both predict and react to, and leaves her wide open to detonite. You can throw it, hide the animation in a roll to dodge the droid, and even if you fail the timing she does all of 40 damage as she's unable to bubble and subsequently ragdolled by your charge taking 240 damage in return + more trying to get up

She has no options against an equally skilled Han other than attempting to kite and chip him from range with peeks and cover bombing, though he can punish even that if he maintains a decent headshot rate.

Combined with immediately saying Lando's hitpoint advantage somehow doesn't matter at all and earlier stating that Grievous of all villains (probably Han's easiest 1v1 as he has zero block stamina while Han can chain-ragdoll him out of his only approach option and literally win with more health than he started) has a chance against him is just lol. Not even gonna bother with the rest of that wall. Either you're trolling or not a top tier player.

This all smacks of being ruined by Idens and lacking the skill to utilize the counters, just as with pre nerf Chewie.
    9xkb2z2el1y6.jpg

The forums are in great form today/tonight :D :D

I understand where you are coming from, however I am commenting based solely on Iden, not Vader.

a salient point. We don't actually have information as to if it's the card or in-game values that are wrong.

I'm looking through my old launch footage and I can't find a case of me using that card early on (it wasn't really in her best meta as Droid Stun was a very slow to activate, situational ability pre 1.2 and you rarely need a shield more than every 20 seconds anyway), so I'm not sure if it say the card got a stealth buff like many of her other mechanics, and the elucidated value was simply not updated.

9xkb2z2el1y6.jpg
  • Iden is easy to kill. Any good han,chewie,luke will kill her without a problem.unless ur low in health,but u should drop her health regardless.
  • Decrypt3_ wrote: »
    Iden is easy to kill. Any good han,chewie,luke will kill her without a problem.unless ur low in health,but u should drop her health regardless.

Definitely A good Han and Chews. Luke just has to make sure to bait the droid.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Decrypt3_ wrote: »
    Iden is easy to kill. Any good han,chewie,luke will kill her without a problem.unless ur low in health,but u should drop her health regardless.

Definitely A good Han and Chews. Luke just has to make sure to bait the droid.

Ik. But all 3 have a higher chance of winning.
  • Lmao, what can Han do?, A veteran iden that knows the map will span secondary fire Han and he won’t be able to get close, iden just need to run to Han with her shield and then just shock him.
  • Nah she's fine.

I don't know about you guys experienced with Iden but I never use the Pulse Cannon, takes forever to charge.

Also the alternate fire, I would prefer a scope instead of that small blast, blaster is useless past med range.

Pulse cannon charge time is .6 second and does 362 damage on headshot. Also one shots troopers in the body.

It always causes lols. People don't expect to get instantly whacked from across the map especially as heroes.

also her pro pipe secondary fire is amazing. Breaks down saber blocks and one hit kills 150 health.
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Wolfman91 wrote: »

Considering how easy it is to outright ignore, bait, or counter, yes. Yes it is.

to the point where it's essentially a feature rather than a bug anymore.

Mechanically, it's really not much different than Phasma's droid (which shocks even more frequently) except it's mobile but can be dodged or saber blocked.

Well, that and it's attached to a hero that actually has a gun with decent killing power rather than one that merits a Darwin award if you lose to 1v1.

Honestly I've been using Chewie a bit for the first time since they made it not embarrassing to be seen playing him, and his stun is still waaaayyy better.

Doesn't matter your skill, you aren't dodging it, especially given you can ground slam first to set it up if necessary, and the cooldown being a little bit longer is irrelevant when your whole team has to spend it running back to the fight from the respawn screen they just got put in by one single hero using one ability cycle.

How do you get pulse cannon to charge so fast? Mine takes like 3 seconds.
  • Raylol wrote: »
    Lmao, what can Han do?, A veteran iden that knows the map will span secondary fire Han and he won’t be able to get close, iden just need to run to Han with her shield and then just shock him.

Iden secondary fire DPS: 157.5 (197 if you use alternative methods) max. Drops heavily outside the inner blast radius

Han DL-44 DPS: 233-420 DPS (varies based on headshot rate). Cannot be fully or partially dodged by blaster rolls

Also the regen threshold is 150, and Han is more mobile, so if she's trying to bomb from range all he has to do is back up behind cover to avoid it and Iden never does any permanent damage. Iden needs to be accurate with Pulse cannon to do that (in my experience about .0001% of Iden players can actually hit anything with their sniper)

An Iden runs at me with bubble up all I have to do is wait till I see the droid move or the blue charge on her gun. This means the shield will be dropped for at least 7 seconds which is like 3x the TTK I need.

1) Throw detonite while shooting Iden in head a couple times (good Han can do both at same time), 528 health gone

2) Dodge or tank the shock doesn't really matter since she's flying through the air and can't shoot

3) Since she ran at me with the bubble she can't even use it force a shoulder charge. 1 more headshot and GG no re

Only unaware/bad Han loses to Iden. Need really poor aim or to waste detonite on the obviously telegraphed bubble.
    9xkb2z2el1y6.jpg
    Lmao, what can Han do?, A veteran iden that knows the map will span secondary fire Han and he won’t be able to get close, iden just need to run to Han with her shield and then just shock him.

Iden secondary fire DPS: 157.5 (197 if you use alternative methods) max. Drops heavily outside the inner blast radius

Han DL-44 DPS: 233-420 DPS (varies based on headshot rate). Cannot be fully or partially dodged by blaster rolls

Also the regen threshold is 150, and Han is more mobile, so if she's trying to bomb from range all he has to do is back up behind cover to avoid it and Iden never does any permanent damage. Iden needs to be accurate with Pulse cannon to do that (in my experience about .0001% of Iden players can actually hit anything with their sniper)

An Iden runs at me with bubble up all I have to do is wait till I see the droid move or the blue charge on her gun. This means the shield will be dropped for at least 7 seconds which is like 3x the TTK I need.

1) Throw detonite while shooting Iden in head a couple times (good Han can do both at same time), 528 health gone

2) Dodge or tank the shock doesn't really matter since she's flying through the air and can't shoot

3) Since she ran at me with the bubble she can't even use it force a shoulder charge. 1 more headshot and GG no re

Only unaware/bad Han loses to Iden. Need really poor aim or to waste detonite on the obviously telegraphed bubble.

And how Han would be able to shoot iden if she is an veteran player that know to cover using the objects from the map? Lol
    Raylol wrote: »

And how Han would be able to shoot iden if she is an veteran player that know to cover using the objects from the map? Lol

I know a guy with Xbox I'll see if he'll let me use it for a 1v1 I still need that $10 from stunning you with lando anyway
    9xkb2z2el1y6.jpg
    Raylol wrote: »

I know a guy with Xbox I'll see if he'll let me use it for a 1v1 I still need that $10 from stunning you with lando anyway

Lmao