criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Your daily reminder that this game is well0ntentioned, but glitchy mess

CrazyKiller5117
179 posts Member
edited February 9
Ls clipping works 20% of the time, roll invincibility works 20% of the time, skill press is a lottery.
One hit llightsaber swings are 30% (unless hackers)

Also reminder that every rebalnce/revamp that DICE does is aimed at low-skilled players or those who didn't even play this game in it's release state.

Replies

• bfloo
    15840 posts Member
    What do you mean by skill press?

They need to stop balancing around the low end players and balance around the high skill players. All they accomplish is widening the gap.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

They need to stop balancing around the low end players and balance around the high skill players. All they accomplish is widening the gap.

It means that when I press QEF there is 60% it won't activate skill, OR in other instances enemy will just ignore force push (for example) while keeping spamming attack.

Extreme, they should stop watering down game overall. And start to cater to normies.
  • bfloo
    15840 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

It means that when I press QEF there is 60% it won't activate skill, OR in other instances enemy will just ignore force push (for example) while keeping spamming attack.

Extreme, they should stop watering down game overall. And start to cater to normies.

I'd have called that abilities, it is just as bad on console most of the time.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• They need to improve Hero combat in general, all these bugs are so annoying, not just that they exist, if you are aware of a bug then you can at least try to "play around it" until it is fixed. The issue is that on top of so many bugs in general they are inconsistent, sometimes everything works as intended and 30 seconds later the same ability doesn't work for some reason.
    Saber combat at the moment is the worst for me and i do hope they changes they promised will improve things, as it is now you never know if you hit will actually connect AND do damage or not. Same thing with block, sometimes it blocks hits from behind for no reason and other times does nothing at all, or it does actually block but you still take the damage, i just an hour ago fought Rey with Dooku, blocked her swing and she did get staggered back but still hit me and killed me with that swing, it's more a less a coin toss if the thing you try to do works as it should, not at all or just does half of what it should.
  • Thank you for keeping the community informed, please make more threads like this one, they really are making a difference!
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • They need to improve Hero combat in general, all these bugs are so annoying, not just that they exist, if you are aware of a bug then you can at least try to "play around it" until it is fixed. The issue is that on top of so many bugs in general they are inconsistent, sometimes everything works as intended and 30 seconds later the same ability doesn't work for some reason.
    Saber combat at the moment is the worst for me and i do hope they changes they promised will improve things, as it is now you never know if you hit will actually connect AND do damage or not. Same thing with block, sometimes it blocks hits from behind for no reason and other times does nothing at all, or it does actually block but you still take the damage, i just an hour ago fought Rey with Dooku, blocked her swing and she did get staggered back but still hit me and killed me with that swing, it's more a less a coin toss if the thing you try to do works as it should, not at all or just does half of what it should.

Exactly this.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1216 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Even when they aren't random and can be infinitely reproduced by one or more methods, DICE still struggles to fix those. I have many examples, but I'll restrict myself to expose just one: The Disabled Block BUG.

Everyone knows it, when you're playing with a lightsaber (except Maul) and suddenly you can't block anything, you triggered the Disabled Block BUG. You spend stamina, but you don't enter the blocking animation, nor you block anything.

Well, I discovered a method to trigger this BUG on purpose. Is it consistent? Yes, infinitely reproducible. Is it Detailed? Yes, I made a video explaining how to do it. Did devs have enough time to fix it by now? Of course! Unless someone thinks 10 months isn't enough to fix 1 BUG.

Posted on April 2018, reported to devs here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Disabled-Block-BUG/m-p/6762835

I use Vader's Half Choke BUG ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Half-Effect-BUG-Maul-s-Choke-Hold-Kylo-s-Freeze-Vader-s-Choke/m-p/7288947 ) to trigger the Disabled Block BUG on purpose. And as a Bonus, you can trigger Rey's Dash Strike Visual BUG ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Rey-s-Dash-Strike-Visual-BUG/m-p/7288862 ) if she gets the Disabled Block BUG.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)