criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Does anyone actually like BF2017's class system?

2Next

Replies

• Be honest, who actually likes this system? Give me some reasons why you think it's good if you do.

Yes I do. I like that there is a tactical component where you have to decide how you are going to contribute to overall goals. I wish that there was a better reward system for squad contributions. There is not enough incentive to play together.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I was initially not a fan when I heard classes were being introduced but I think they did a good job with them. I’m sure someone could come up with tweaks here and there but the classes I was impressed with. Mostly the people I see complain about it just want to take the good parts of each class to create an overall meta and I’m glad we have to pick and choose based on situation.

The pick and choose based on situation really only applies to GA for all other modes it kind of takes the skill away by NOT making you play/adapt to what's in front of you...This mixes up a game mode IMO. Any METAS in BF15 were down to DICE not the classless system per se

• I like the class system in that each has their own pros, cons, and cards, but I wish that there was more load out customization like in Battlefront 2015. You only get to pick between 3 cards as it is, and some of them aren’t even viable.

But there aren't pros, only cons. Without a class system, you could still use all the exact same loadouts that each class can use now, PLUS your own combinations.

Pro: I don’t get bored when going up against enemy soldiers who have the same loadout each time (jetpacks and bacta bombs anyone?).

*facepalm* For the love of God, how many times does it have to be pointed out - people didn't use jetpacks and bacta because there wasn't a class system, people used jetpacks and bacta because they were the most useful cards, and if you could get a jetpack card now, for any class other than a reinforcement, EVERYBODY WOULD BE PLAYING THAT CLASS 90% OF THE TIME.
  • rollind24
    4844 posts Member
    edited February 11
    I like the class system in that each has their own pros, cons, and cards, but I wish that there was more load out customization like in Battlefront 2015. You only get to pick between 3 cards as it is, and some of them aren’t even viable.

But there aren't pros, only cons. Without a class system, you could still use all the exact same loadouts that each class can use now, PLUS your own combinations.

Pro: I don’t get bored when going up against enemy soldiers who have the same loadout each time (jetpacks and bacta bombs anyone?).

*facepalm* For the love of God, how many times does it have to be pointed out - people didn't use jetpacks and bacta because there wasn't a class system, people used jetpacks and bacta because they were the most useful cards, and if you could get a jetpack card now, for any class other than a reinforcement, EVERYBODY WOULD BE PLAYING THAT CLASS 90% OF THE TIME.

Well if Bacta and Jetpack were split between two classes they wouldn’t be able to use them together. It’s a good thing Jetpack are relegated to their own class

Your argument is reasoning that all cards would be equal which will never happen.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I was initially not a fan when I heard classes were being introduced but I think they did a good job with them. I’m sure someone could come up with tweaks here and there but the classes I was impressed with. Mostly the people I see complain about it just want to take the good parts of each class to create an overall meta and I’m glad we have to pick and choose based on situation.

The pick and choose based on situation really only applies to GA for all other modes it kind of takes the skill away by NOT making you play/adapt to what's in front of you...This mixes up a game mode IMO. Any METAS in BF15 were down to DICE not the classless system per se

True. The meta never bothered me much anyways. There was a built in counter that was looked down on that people would throw hissy fits about when it was used.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Nope, don’t like it

Prefer bf15 in most aspects to be fair
  • It has potential. But it does fall a tad short.

If you could select 2-3 booster cards -AND- the classic 3 ability cards, I think it'd be a bit more engaging.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • I think it's safe to say that we've learnt a lot from both Battlefront (2015) and Battlefront II (2017) when it comes to this. Different players want different things and how they play out can vary hugely.
  • I think it's safe to say that we've learnt a lot from both Battlefront (2015) and Battlefront II (2017) when it comes to this. Different players want different things and how they play out can vary hugely.

Setting it up for a Battlefront 3 announcement?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

Some kind of hybridization of the two systems for Battlefront 3 then? Class system returning, but being less restrictive on which weapons and star cards which classes can use perhaps? That is of course assuming that EA/DICE plans to make a Battlefront 3.

CONFIRMED?
    Good night, oh baby! Sleep tight, oh baby!
  • As has been commented already, all the classes need new blasters/weapons/abilities and skins. Can't even get attachments for default blasters but we are getting an emote wheel? (Something is not right with whomever is prioritizing content or they have turned a deaf ear to the community when it comes to new blasters and new maps.)

While I'm ok with the class system I'm not sure I'd miss it if it went away.

I hope not I'd rather they support this game rather than essentially start back at square one with a new game
  • Haha, damn. I can't say anything without people pulling it apart. No tease. Just an open comment that both games have been great learnings. Launch-BII is fairly different in terms of balancing compared to where it is now and there's more we can do.
  • Yes, Yes I do. We exist! All classes are a viable option to play as
  • Haha, damn. I can't say anything without people pulling it apart. No tease. Just an open comment that both games have been great learnings. Launch-BII is fairly different in terms of balancing compared to where it is now and there's more we can do.

Old Ben Legendary skin confirmation?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh