criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Pet hates in movies.

hsf_
1904 posts Member
What are your pet hates in movies?

For me, given that I love astrophysics, it has to be the fact that you hear everything in space. Explosions, laser fire even mechanical movements. Really, really annoying, considering sound waves need molecules to travel, given that space is a vacuum, there are no molecules to vibrate and create a sound.

Replies

• In the latest movie the whole "using gravity to drop bombs in space" opening scene was really bad... also having done fencing and knife fighting training for 9 years now, most of the fight choreography is terrible.
  • EA_Rtas
    1467 posts EA Moderator
    hsf_ wrote: »

For me, given that I love astrophysics, it has to be the fact that you hear everything in space. Explosions, laser fire even mechanical movements. Really, really annoying, considering sound waves need molecules to travel, given that space is a vacuum, there are no molecules to vibrate and create a sound.

This is why I loved Firefly and Battlestar Galactica, either totally silent or muted sounds for space. It always irks me that I can hear stuff in space in movies
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »

This is why I loved Firefly and Battlestar Galactica, either totally silent or muted sounds for space. It always irks me that I can hear stuff in space in movies

Man I miss Firefly. That show was ahead of it's time and glorious.
  • My pet hate in movies and TV shows is people hanging up their phones without saying goodbye or anything, how rude!
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    That extraterrestrials speak the same language.

You ain't wrong.
    Mine is side characters who try to steal the show and act all high and mighty.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I hate when sequels forget everything that happened in the previous movie.
  • When a movie trilogy has different producers, directors, and/or writers on each film.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.