criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Please remove the 45 second wait in HvV

It takes quite a long time to get enough people to fill an HvV game. Why the 45 second wait? Surely no one needs 45 seconds to adjust the cards they are using on a single character. There is NOTHING more frustration than waiting 5 minutes for everyone to join, only to have someone leave when there’s just 10 seconds on the clock.

Replies

• Really? Are you that impatient? if said person was gonna leave with 10 seconds on the clock he would have left once the game started anyway, and that would have been even worse.
  • I don’t care as much if he leaves during the game, because I can still play after he leaves. It’s ridiculous to wait 5 minutes between 10-15 minute games
  • It’s not about waiting for 45 seconds, who cares about that, its that w lot of people don’t look to see the clock counting down and just assume no one is joint and thus leave.
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1417 posts Member
    edited February 11
    They tried shorting the starting clock in the past in SWBF1... the change ended up being garbage and they changed it back. Better suggestion IMO... Asking EA to change HvV so that the game will start even if it starts as 3v4.
  • I'm ok with the 45s countdown.
    What really annoys me is the spawn point 1000 miles away from where my team is.

Squad spawn system for hvv, would fix a whole lot of issues that the mode currently has. I actually like the target system, it just fails sometimes when people have no idea what an objective is.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    I'm ok with the 45s countdown.

Squad spawn system for hvv, would fix a whole lot of issues that the mode currently has. I actually like the target system, it just fails sometimes when people have no idea what an objective is.

yes because Iden spawning on Kylo would totally not cause balance issues or anything... thats a no from me.

I agree with you.
  • Bandicoot
    513 posts Member
    edited February 11
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Bandicoot wrote: »

yes because Iden spawning on Kylo would totally not cause balance issues or anything... thats a no from me.

That's called teamwork, just like a leia or han spawning on a lando. It works both ways. Finding 4 villains on your own while trying to make it back to your team is totally balanced? Use your head. At the moment you only need to split up a team then kill them individually as they try to regroup. The biggest problem i find is trying to find your way back to your team as a blaster. On some maps it's like trekking across the desert.
    It would also help the button mashing solo rambo players stay together as a team.
  • I tried playing tonight but I had a lot of new players on my team (it’s a bad day when I can notice someone’s weaker than even me!) and after about 4 or 5 experiences of us getting slaughtered in the way back to meet our team mates by purpled Boba, Vader, Dooku and Iden I quit.

Next match ... same thing, different players; this time I quit after the second slaying.

So for me tonight any spawn timer was too long :wink:

I’m not bothered about the target system as much as I am about the cheating that goes on with exploits and runners (and no, before the peanut gallery start, I have no interest engaging with folk on definitions of cheating) and double palpatines or Lukes.

I think the disparity between an imbalanced HVV game versus say an imbalanced SFA or GA is immense. Because of that we notice things more keenly, I believe, in HVV than other modes. (Notwithstanding the bugs with blocking and abilities of GG, OB1
    & Dooku.)

Let’s have better spawn-ins or less timers in this mode, please, because when you’re in an imbalanced match, on the weaker team, it’s no fun spending time in lobbies or trying to run to your team mates before they get slayed.

pH

Yes, the implementation of a squad system would really help, some people wouldn't like it cause they can't steamroll as easily
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    Bandicoot wrote: »

Yes, the implementation of a squad system would really help, some people wouldn't like it cause they can't steamroll as easily

Exactly. I hate steamrolls, you never really know how good you are. As it stands in ga for example it's either impossible to play a hero or too easy. So boring both ways. Hvv is kind of the same one match I can kill 10, 10 assists and not die, the next match our team gets trampled and I die twice as much as I kill cause I have a useless team, or a team that's uncoordinated. Both situations are boring. A squad spawn would at least help the teamwork side of things, and would possibly help against premades.
  • The long waits to start any of the modes is a problem, just more noticeable in the smaller modes. One of the issues I've seen in HvV (and HvV SA), is that the delay waiting for players to join, coupled with the long countdown, leads to some of the waiting players being kicked for inactivity. Only way I can explain a player waiting around for five minutes in a lobby then quitting 10 seconds before a match is about to start. Then you have to wait for someone to fill that spot. 3-4 minutes later it gets filled, resume the timer and someone else drops two seconds before the round starts. Now I just fiddle around in the menus while waiting so I don't get kicked.

Short version, drop the start timer to 25-30 seconds.
  • About no
  • Omniscient
    770 posts Member
    edited February 11
    The most logical solution is to just add a “ready check” button to the character selection screen.

You get in, fiddle with cards/skins (if needed), then click the [Ready] button.

Indicate each players’ status (both sides) so everyone knows who’s dragging their behind.

You leave the timer in place but, this time, it acts as a boot kicker for any unresponsive player (i.e. he or she has not clicked Ready within the 45 seconds).

So, the 45 seconds is there if someone really need it but, on the flip side, a match can immediately start if the full party on both sides click [Ready].

Thoughts?

Edit: Also, in employing this approach, it opens smaller modes to the possibility of starting matches with a less than full roster (i.e. 3v3 HvV, etc.)
  • You’re complaining about 45 seconds ?

Whew, mate

It’s 45 seconds. I play pretty much everyday & have never had to wait “5 minutes”
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    The most logical solution is to just add a “ready check” button to the character selection screen.

You get in, fiddle with cards/skins (if needed), then click the [Ready] button.

Indicate each players’ status (both sides) so everyone knows who’s dragging their behind.

You leave the timer in place but, this time, it acts as a boot kicker for any unresponsive player (i.e. he or she has not clicked Ready within the 45 seconds).

So, the 45 seconds is there if someone really need it but, on the flip side, a match can immediately start if the full party on both sides click [Ready].

Thoughts?

Edit: Also, in employing this approach, it opens smaller modes to the possibility of starting matches with a less than full roster (i.e. 3v3 HvV, etc.)

I like this.
  • Also, for those people who claim it's hard to get the hero or villain they want, maybe they could shuffle the roster so Dooku/OB1 or whoever is newest, is not always at the end. I'm lucky enough to play on PS4 Pro which apparently gives me a speedier screen population at selection screen, so I've rarely struggled, but there must be countless players who rarely get their prefered hero so quit.

It might also stop people from dropping out if they feel it's a bit fairer.

Possibly.

pH