criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Health On Kill Cards should be passive abilities.

The point of star cards is to be able to customize your loadout to fit your own needs, having mandatory Health On Kill card that literally everybody uses limits the ability to customize your character. Health regen cards are also a forced pick if the hero has them, and when the lightsaber combat changes come soon, the extra stamina cards will be mandatory too. We need to make HoK a passive ability, so we can actually make loadouts that matter, and not living up to the meta.

Replies

• I can agree with making HoK passive but definitely not health regen cards as that's a perk only a few heroes have.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    I can agree with making HoK passive but definitely not health regen cards as that's a perk only a few heroes have.

That's why I only said HoK cards, not all heroes have regen cards so it wouldn't make sense to be passive.
  • The point of star cards is to be able to customize your loadout to fit your own needs, having mandatory Health On Kill card that literally everybody uses limits the ability to customize your character. Health regen cards are also a forced pick if the hero has them, and when the lightsaber combat changes come soon, the extra stamina cards will be mandatory too. We need to make HoK a passive ability, so we can actually make loadouts that matter, and not living up to the meta.

It is not mandatory. You can have success with heroes without using their HoK card. Many heroes did not have any way to regenerate health for the majority of the time this game has been out, and they could still dominate matches if played correctly... HoK merely widens the acceptable margin of error which is why many people pick it.
  • Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • For sabers, not for ranged. The health-on-hero-kill should be the card, not just base infantry, or else HvV would be even more unplayable than it is now.
  • No. If someone is really good they don't need it. Hok cards allow you to make a few mistakes more than you normally would.
  • god forbid the hero hoggers die and someone else gets to play as one.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • tts42572
    1161 posts Member
    I don't know....

I get tired of all the cowards that engage in battle, run away when their health gets low, then swoop in for easy kills....Then run away again....rinse and repeat.

HVV gets really frustrating with people that turn it into a track meet.

Not sure I like seeing health so easily restored.