criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Take Heroes and Villians out of GA unless in separate GA server

To me this would improve gameplay.

Take out all the constant bugs and imbalances and even just flat out cheats having heroes has brought to that mode and the end result might actually be fun again.

Having characters designed to be more powerful than others running around the map is really just never going to be balanced from either sides perspective - either you feel they should be stronger (hero) or they are too OP (Troopers) - so yeah they should be taken out for one dedicated server for those who are straight up tired of the nonsense and glow stick swinging.

My favorite playlist from SWBF 2015 was turning point for this treason as well. Heroes don’t necessarily add value to a game mode - but they almost always subtract it for others.

Let’s have it out, where do you guys stand?

Replies

• TjPunx
    1529 posts Member
    Then you should play BF15 since you said it’s your favorite
  • Heroes are fine in GA in moderation, however at certain points pf GA games you have constant heroes running around and it can be tiresome
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Then you should play BF15 since you said it’s your favorite

Plus one
  • I stand by no.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1485 posts Member
    edited February 11
    Respectfully,
    I am not against your idea/thought... but IMO this game is already on intense life support.

EA probably knows that splitting the player numbers by having 2 GA's (with H/V GA & without H/V GA) will not be able to sustain itself due to the sparse player numbers already.

Also a forum Mod has already recently said that the players numbers are higher during the GA Heroes Unleashed events. Personally, I find Vanilla GA to be quite boring and slow as molasses.

Furthermore , you can easily STILL get into full games of SWBF1 (PS4) Walker Assault (which has Heroes/Villains) even now... but very difficult to do the same with Turning Point... and I really, really enjoy SWBF1 too.

But, EA should do it if your idea/thought would work too.
    Post edited by i2CRE8TOR on
  • Having characters designed to be more powerful than others running around the map is really just never going to be balanced from either sides perspective...
    I don't think balance was what they were going for with this game, which is why I doubt we'll ever see great Trooper combat in it. Also, it does seem like most of the bugs in the game relate to Heroes.
    Anyway, a large scale, Objective-based, Trooper focused game mode would be great.

Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • I see heroes in GA as a giant road block to any meaningful trooper updates and new weapons.

Think of most instances when a skill or weapon has been dubbed to be OP, it’s usually tied to statements of being killed by that weapon as the Hero or Villian, and then a steaming rage on the forum saying it needs to be nerfed or something.

I don’t see them doing anything to improve Troopers, and it seems like damage has to be oriented around hero health and defense, which also might help explain why new weapons are such a non-priority - they’d just have to keep rebalancing them.
  • Admiral_Xen
    2727 posts Member
    edited February 11
    Ignoring that this will never happen, the only effect it would have is that the top players would get Enforcers/Vehicles and continue to farm those who didn't.

Nothing changes. I can killstreak with a Wookiee Warrior, Jet Trooper or AT-ST just as effectively as I can with any of that respective side's heroes (especially the Wookiee if I don't have to look out for stronger heroes that might be able to frag me).
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • (especially the Wookiee if I don't have to look out for stronger heroes that might be able to frag me).

Thanks for encouraging my point.
  • the dark side just needs a good counter part to Yoda and Finn otherwise heroes vs troopers isn't really unbalanced unless your not that good.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    the dark side just needs a good counter part to Yoda and Finn otherwise heroes vs troopers isn't really unbalanced unless your not that good.

No that’s the point exactly. Take into account the bugs from every new hero and change they make, and the reason we aren’t getting trooper content or improvements is because they can barley keep the game modestly balanced.

The chain is about what we are missing out on because of the obsession over heroes and a fantasy where if you get a hero you will always win- and the forced balancing and nerfing that results. Having hero’s actually drags down trooper gameplay. Enforcers are just slightly watered down heroes (though some would say better than heroes) though they do not bother me as much because they literally have not changed since game came out - or again been nerfed to accommodate heroes.
  • "No that’s the point exactly. Take into account the bugs from every new hero and change they make, and the reason we aren’t getting trooper content or improvements is because they can barley keep the game modestly balanced."

in a parallel world of common sense all character would have values that are mode specific ....but as you say we get this endless downward spiral that affects multiple modes.... the only reason to explain this is a fundamental restriction in Frostbite engine