criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Early Heroes ruin GA games

Please disable Heroes for early stages as they just end really quickly and ruin the game, esp. maps like Geonosis, Kamino

Replies

• Being bad ruins GA more...true story
  • Being bad ruins GA more...true story

Also sitting in a corner keeping that kd and not playing the objective while you complain that heroes ruin the 1st phase... also true story
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    Being bad ruins GA more...true story

Also sitting in a corner keeping that kd and not playing the objective while you complain that heroes ruin the 1st phase... also true story

too true!
  • Heroes tend to ruin games anyway. Most of the time all I see are people who get Heroes or Villains early sit at the back picking off stragglers thinking they're good while their team lose horribly. Saw a K/D scrub get 152 kills with a Palpatine on Kamino once - and his team STILL lost at the second phase.
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • Duke_M wrote: »
    Heroes tend to ruin games anyway. Most of the time all I see are people who get Heroes or Villains early sit at the back picking off stragglers thinking they're good while their team lose horribly. Saw a K/D scrub get 152 kills with a Palpatine on Kamino once - and his team STILL lost at the second phase.

One of the reasons that GA lost it's appeal for me, or at least the maps that enable the K/D farming.
  • Kills are rewarded far too generously in this game as they are. It would have been better should one get a kill in or near an objective they get more points whereas getting a kill in the middle of nowhere should get far less.

GA is one of the dullest game modes I've seen in ANY multiplayer shooter. To think this same software house once gave us the likes of Bad Company 2 (which wasn't perfect but so much more fun than Battlefront 2) is shocking.
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member
    It isn't the heroes, I can tell who is going to win phase 1 before heroes even come out.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• EA_Rtas
    1010 posts EA Moderator
    Alright folks, noticing a couple of posts in here that aren't constructive or add much to the conversation. Keep it constructive please.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    It isn't the heroes, I can tell who is going to win phase 1 before heroes even come out.
    I agree it is usually easy to tell early who will win. However, if a team is winning Phase I easily before heroes, it tends to steam roll once it gets heroes. Heroes exaggerate the skill difference as better players are made even stronger. Some defense friendly maps give a little hope to defenses that are less skilled.

I do love those games that are competitive that go down to the wire.
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    I agree it is usually easy to tell early who will win. However, if a team is winning Phase I easily before heroes, it tends to steam roll once it gets heroes. Heroes exaggerate the skill difference as better players are made even stronger. Some defense friendly maps give a little hope to defenses that are less skilled.

I do love those games that are competitive that go down to the wire.

Games going down to the wire are so few and far between :'(

Only time I got them consistently was during era lock weekend and the beta. Heroes were out even faster, so that isn't the issue.

h846398gb27k.png

Heroes tend to ruin games anyway. Most of the time all I see are people who get Heroes or Villains early sit at the back picking off stragglers thinking they're good while their team lose horribly. Saw a K/D scrub get 152 kills with a Palpatine on Kamino once - and his team STILL lost at the second phase.

152 kills and lost on second phase, that’s believable on Kamino
  • bfloo wrote: »

Only time I got them consistently was during era lock weekend and the beta. Heroes were out even faster, so that isn't the issue.
    Era lock weekend made defenses stronger by limiting heroes in the final phase. I did not have many good games in ERA locked weekend as it took a great skill difference for attackers to win on certain maps in addition to the already strong defensive maps.

I get good games in spurts. The one trend in good games I see is that heroes aren't dominating the game. If the top 2-4 players aren't balanced, it is very hard to have a good match as heroes dominate the objectives. Granted, it would hard to beat teams with the best 4 players without heroes as well. Heroes just seal the deal and make the beat down worse.

To be fair that palpatine was probably doing his job. Bad Bossk players are truly the ones you speak of.
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member

Era lock weekend made defenses stronger by limiting heroes in the final phase. I did not have many good games in ERA locked weekend as it took a great skill difference for attackers to win on certain maps in addition to the already strong defensive maps.

I get good games in spurts. The one trend in good games I see is that heroes aren't dominating the game. If the top 2-4 players aren't balanced, it is very hard to have a good match as heroes dominate the objectives. Granted, it would hard to beat teams with the best 4 players without heroes as well. Heroes just seal the deal and make the beat down worse.

My era lock experience was better. 9/10 games felt they could go either way opposed to my usual 19/20 bloodbaths.

h846398gb27k.png

• CypressHorn
    279 posts Member
    edited February 12
    My era lock experience was better. 9/10 games felt they could go either way opposed to my usual 19/20 bloodbaths.

I should say heroes aren't necessarily the problem, they just make it worse, IMO. Unbalanced teams composed of a wide range of skill levels is the problem.