criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can we please put an end to this EOR matchmaking nonsense?

seriously, is there anyone left that thinks this is actually working well? Anyone that loves having a perfectly balanced room exploded only to get bumped to a half full lobby? Anyone that loves playing HVV as the lightside, then bumped to another room to play as the lightside, then bumped to another room to play as the lightside, then bumped to another room to play as the lightside, etc...

I understand that this was done with the best intentions, but is has failed so miserably in execution that the plug needs to be pulled.

Replies

• It does not appear to be "matchmaking" as much as it is random shuffle.
  • What are you guys talking about? We have been reliably informed that it works as intended. Games are fuller and they fill up 50% faster.

Obviously you guys must just not know how to use it.

Hehhehehh. Yeah. That's the "temporary beta" of EOR MM for you.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • EOR is of the few positive things of this game.

I disagree.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    3100 posts Member
    edited February 12
    EOR is of the few positive things of this game.

No it isn't.
  • EOR is of the few positive things of this game.

No it isn't.

He's behind you!!!
  • grimmace2
    845 posts Member
    edited February 12
    First off, IB4L. We know this is a sore subject, I'm surprised this is still open right now ;)

From what I've seen of the MM, it's not so much a random shuffle, at least on SA and GA. What I've noticed is that the "evens" get placed with the "odds" from the other team once the map is rotated. So, if you're on map 1, you play both attackers and defenders with the same team. When you move to map 2, player 2, 4, 6, etc. from the other team will get swapped with players 2, 4, 6, etc. from your team. There's a little jostling that occurs with players coming/leaving, but the gist follows that rule. So end of round, you can already see who is going to be on your team once the map rotates, assuming all players remain in game.

HvV is a little different, or at least my data my be, as premades tend to be more common. I've gone several map rotations facing the same teams, many times. There is some switching here and there, so there might be more to the algorithm than I can parse out. I have noticed that if I played map 1 as LS first, then DS second, when we rotate to map 2, I start as DS first, then play LS second, so it's always back to back as the same side following a map rotation.

I'm assuming Blast/Strike follow the same process as SA/GA, but I haven't spent enough time in the modes lately to truly flesh it out.
  • ^Hi can assure your odd/even idea does not happen in Blast or Strike which I used to play alot before EOR ground me down to playing rarely now. KILLEORMM now!
  • Pretty sure the odd/even thing is inaccurate.

For the most part I find it's ok actually. What it doesn't fix as quick as it should are steamroll matches. When I start my evenings entertainment I am happy for the first one or two matches to be extremely uneven if thats my luck....but after that I expect it to be sorted....but too often it isn't and I go match after match after match of steamrolls ..

That's not right.
  • Pretty sure the odd/even thing is inaccurate.

In my observation, it has been accurate. I'm not guessing, it's what I've seen. I made predictions about who would be on my team following map rotations, and the predictions have been accurate. After your next round of GA/SA, I encourage you to look at the top half of the board (as these will be the players most likely to stay) before your next map rotation. Check to see if you finished even/odd. Look at a few of the players top players from the opposite side that have the same even/odd as you (if you finished 10, look for even players [2,4,6] from the other team]). In my experience, I would now be teamed with those players after the map rotation.

Again, YMMV, this is what I've seen, and can accurately predict. It helps give me insight on how to approach the next match, knowing what players I will have on my team. If I see players with a 50+ kill streaks, I know they're probably not PTO, so I need to step up my game a bit, but I can do it in support (officer w/recharge), knowing that 50+ players are going to be a focus/nuisance to the other team. If I see a lot of 20-25+ players, I know it will be more team oriented, and I should load out based on the objective (heavy w/ion on Crait, etc.).

I'm not now, nor have I been a fan of the EORMM in it's current form, but with predictability comes knowledge, and with knowledge comes power.
  • ^Hi can assure your odd/even idea does not happen in Blast or Strike which I used to play alot before EOR ground me down to playing rarely now. KILLEORMM now!

I used to play blast almost exclusively with the occasional Strike mixed in. When EORMM showed up, I found myself getting dumped in to empty servers after every map rotation, and I spent more time in lobbies than I did in game. Had to switch to the larger modes with a larger player base. Now I only play GA/SA/HvV because EORMM doesn't kill the game after ever map rotation.
  • Bandicoot
    222 posts Member
    edited February 12
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    It does not appear to be "matchmaking" as much as it is random shuffle.

This pretty much sums it up, I've been in a balanced match with 5 or so decent players a side, then eor matchmaking kicks in and puts 10 decent players on one side. You can guess what happens next, complete steamroll next round.
  • Or you get into GA matches they already started and the teams be like 12-20 or best one yet 16-6 endor rebs was the 6 and i was one of the six >.<

But i been in really good games where we fought over the button/capping then next round 5-10 ppl will be gone O.o

As well been in Games where my team was sooooooo bad the enemy was going out of bounds just to kill us. Endor, Clones Lab and Death Star 1rst phase. 2nd phase Endor camping the spawn points.

So dont know of this EOR really works or just a sugar pill for the illness
  • Yes please!

And please please add private matches!
  • Played a little GA and would like the time back. Had about 2 good evenly matched teams with some good battles before matchmaking/shuffling kicked in and things went from good to bad to this is just ridiculous and eventually just stopped playing and took the game out of the XB1. Unfortunately this seems to be happening more often than not. Don't know why but not enjoying it.
    Going to put SWBF 15 in and see whats what with WA/Cargo/Extraction/Sullust/Endor/Twilight Hoth, GoG where I'll be rocking either the rebel pilot, shock trooper and shadow trooper skins. Been a little while since I played SWBF 15 but when I did they were some evenly matched battles taking place with greater frequency than what I've experienced here recently.
  • Yoda_Skywalker
    129 posts Member
    edited February 13
    Reported.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
  • EA_Rtas
    64 posts EA Moderator
    Alright folks, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread, we've said our piece on this and there's a mega thread specifically for it's discussion.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!