criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I want an official reason why Droidekas are not in the game

Prev1
We've all seen the meme, the "crashed speeder," but now, even more news is spreading around. However, I have yet to see any actual explanation of why they are not included in the game.

Droidekas are easily the most sought after unit in the game, so why are they not here, or why do we not have an official explanation as to why?

Ok, I get it, it's a different generation than the OG 2005 BF2 and something as complicated as a Droideka is very hard to program and balance with other units that are already in the game. However, that is not something most gamers and fans of Star Wars can fathom.

Somebody, somewhere in EA or DICE, can you please tell us, what on Earth is the reason for leaving out this hyper-iconic unit of Star Wars? I can guarantee if you give us a highly detailed and understandable explanation as to why they have yet to even be talked about, the community might shut up about the matter.

but until then, fans, gamers, and Star Wars enthusiasts of all kinds are all going to be amazed at the fact that there has not been a Droideka in a Star Wars game for over a decade.

Replies

  • All my support for your request.

    We need a reason for this and know if in a near future we will have droidekas.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • the response will be "too hard" to make or not enough resources if there are any or they just trolling
  • not worth the effort they would say i think
  • We've all seen the meme, the "crashed speeder," but now, even more news is spreading around. However, I have yet to see any actual explanation of why they are not included in the game.

    Droidekas are easily the most sought after unit in the game, so why are they not here, or why do we not have an official explanation as to why?

    Ok, I get it, it's a different generation than the OG 2005 BF2 and something as complicated as a Droideka is very hard to program and balance with other units that are already in the game. However, that is not something most gamers and fans of Star Wars can fathom.

    Somebody, somewhere in EA or DICE, can you please tell us, what on Earth is the reason for leaving out this hyper-iconic unit of Star Wars? I can guarantee if you give us a highly detailed and understandable explanation as to why they have yet to even be talked about, the community might shut up about the matter.

    but until then, fans, gamers, and Star Wars enthusiasts of all kinds are all going to be amazed at the fact that there has not been a Droideka in a Star Wars game for over a decade.
    If you can explain how adding them will make them profit then I can see your point

    It’s quite clear the game is making them no profit so why should they add them?
  • Dear Superdood 92,

    We at EA/DICE want to give you the Droidekas you so want but our teams have to wait until we find a pot with some magic beans in it. When we have nurtured the magic beans to the point they grow and entwine into a beanstalk, we might be able to grant this wish by climbing the magic beanstalk where we will find the magic book which shows us how to program them for you...

    ...but expect a delay.

    beats the usual canned response you'd usually get I guess :)
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • Because it's too difficult
    Add weapons or bad things are going to happen
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • It’s all about resources.

    Somewhere in DICE HQ there’s a big old plan with all of the proposed content mapped out. My guess is a lot of that content regularly shifts to the right as a result of bug fixes and a small development team.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    It’s all about resources.

    Somewhere in DICE HQ there’s a big old plan with all of the proposed content mapped out. My guess is a lot of that content regularly shifts to the right as a result of bug fixes and a small development team.

    I also imagine their HQ has lots of paperwork around in secure files with elements of it redacted like the CIA files that get released every so often
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • _Master_Sypher_Dias
    185 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    We've all seen the meme, the "crashed speeder," but now, even more news is spreading around. However, I have yet to see any actual explanation of why they are not included in the game.

    Droidekas are easily the most sought after unit in the game, so why are they not here, or why do we not have an official explanation as to why?

    Ok, I get it, it's a different generation than the OG 2005 BF2 and something as complicated as a Droideka is very hard to program and balance with other units that are already in the game. However, that is not something most gamers and fans of Star Wars can fathom.

    Somebody, somewhere in EA or DICE, can you please tell us, what on Earth is the reason for leaving out this hyper-iconic unit of Star Wars? I can guarantee if you give us a highly detailed and understandable explanation as to why they have yet to even be talked about, the community might shut up about the matter.

    but until then, fans, gamers, and Star Wars enthusiasts of all kinds are all going to be amazed at the fact that there has not been a Droideka in a Star Wars game for over a decade.
    If you can explain how adding them will make them profit then I can see your point

    It’s quite clear the game is making them no profit so why should they add them?

    Not everything is about money or profit child, it's about passion which has been lost in the foaming at the mouth over money...

    You sound like a talking to a stranger like that

    [Removed certain word]
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Because it's too difficult

    I believe that was the official reason given during the original "crashed speeder" debacle.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Versatti wrote: »
    It’s all about resources.

    Somewhere in DICE HQ there’s a big old plan with all of the proposed content mapped out. My guess is a lot of that content regularly shifts to the right as a result of bug fixes and a small development team.

    I also imagine their HQ has lots of paperwork around in secure files with elements of it redacted like the CIA files that get released every so often

    3krdz3e0pjgq.gif
  • I'm greatly disappointed too :-(
  • DrV1b
    14 posts Member
    edited February 12
    wzi41cjmvdun.jpg
    cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/bw/t3jdiecet7w3.jpg[/img]
    ag8mhwqevv6w.jpg
    aq5vtae0iqya.jpg
  • bfloo
    14030 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    We've all seen the meme, the "crashed speeder," but now, even more news is spreading around. However, I have yet to see any actual explanation of why they are not included in the game.

    Droidekas are easily the most sought after unit in the game, so why are they not here, or why do we not have an official explanation as to why?

    Ok, I get it, it's a different generation than the OG 2005 BF2 and something as complicated as a Droideka is very hard to program and balance with other units that are already in the game. However, that is not something most gamers and fans of Star Wars can fathom.

    Somebody, somewhere in EA or DICE, can you please tell us, what on Earth is the reason for leaving out this hyper-iconic unit of Star Wars? I can guarantee if you give us a highly detailed and understandable explanation as to why they have yet to even be talked about, the community might shut up about the matter.

    but until then, fans, gamers, and Star Wars enthusiasts of all kinds are all going to be amazed at the fact that there has not been a Droideka in a Star Wars game for over a decade.
    If you can explain how adding them will make them profit then I can see your point

    It’s quite clear the game is making them no profit so why should they add them?

    Not everything is about money or profit child, it's about passion which has been lost in the foaming at the mouth over money...

    The Dice games have never come close to the passion Pandemic put in the og's.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • I just don’t care anymore..
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • The official reason is that Dice has not created them for the game.
  • Why are you so bothered about droidekas anyway?

    All that's gonna happen is it will have a bubble shield a roll and overload as abilities.

    The roll will be done like rey or obis dash and grievous claw rush so will.be awkward and hard to control.

    As for the reality of them being added to GA... within 1 day there will be hundreds of posts on here complaining that the droidekas are OP or on the flipside that they're hard to use and that you cant get kills with them.

    If we get droidekas awesome. But I'd rather new maps and modes first.

    I'd also like to see new sfa maps first.
  • Please @EA_Charlemagne @F8RGE , confirm that the devs are working in droidekas for the future.


    Remember this comment:

    display?key=fd92ebbc52fc43fb98f69e50e7893c13&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fy94hptfgzau11.jpg

    ....transformable robots...?

    Really, are there any othe possibility different than the Droideka?

    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Please @EA_Charlemagne @F8RGE , confirm that the devs are working in droidekas for the future.


    Remember this comment:

    display?key=fd92ebbc52fc43fb98f69e50e7893c13&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fy94hptfgzau11.jpg

    ....transformable robots...?

    Really, are there any othe possibility different than the Droideka?

    That equates to a whole 6 days development from the date of that tweet (Oct 18) to now.

  • jordi1337 wrote: »
    not worth the effort they would say i think

    I think I would agree with them. Seriously. I don't get the interest in driodekas. Sure it'd be cool if they were in the game but it really doesn't matter that they are not.
  • bfloo
    14030 posts Member
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    not worth the effort they would say i think

    I think I would agree with them. Seriously. I don't get the interest in driodekas. Sure it'd be cool if they were in the game but it really doesn't matter that they are not.

    Unless this new mode kills it, new reinforcements wont do anything to help game play. They'll just be another op asset to crush balance.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Where is this renewed reason the droidekas are back in the headlines? I'm being serious is there something I've missed?
  • I'm surprised you'd want them in, given the atrocious nature of how high speed vehicles work in tight/bumpy spaces.

    Ew......Kashyyyk juggernauts.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Versatti
    1795 posts Member
    edited February 12
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Where is this renewed reason the droidekas are back in the headlines? I'm being serious is there something I've missed?

    A known leaker said it was so, or certainly mentioned the word. The internet went wild and well.... here we go again Droideka Gate is back!
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    780 posts Member
    edited February 12
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    not worth the effort they would say i think

    I think I would agree with them. Seriously. I don't get the interest in driodekas. Sure it'd be cool if they were in the game but it really doesn't matter that they are not.

    Droidekas are legendaries. The appeared in the first prequel togeter with the normal droids.

    Droidekas are very different than other droids, with a different way to play. This is cool.

    Without them this game is incomplete.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • The official reason is....

    They don't want to put them in...

  • Where are those Droidekas?
    Grievous felt intimidated by them so they were all destroyed
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif


    I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • they seemed pretty balanced in the old game though so I dont know if I really see the balance issue here even players that used to play multiplayer on the old games have said that the droidekas were nothing special and easy to deal with.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    they seemed pretty balanced in the old game though so I dont know if I really see the balance issue here even players that used to play multiplayer on the old games have said that the droidekas were nothing special and easy to deal with.

    The mechanisms for dealing with them already exist. I imagine their shield would work like Iden/Specialist and they’d have some kind of movement impairing sentry mode whilst active.
  • bfloo
    14030 posts Member
    With how often I get stuck running in this game, i can just imagine trying to rill as a Droideka

    co7s5ale4jp4.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Because they're not.

    You're not owned an explanation lol.
  • jordi1337 wrote: »
    not worth the effort they would say i think

    I think I would agree with them. Seriously. I don't get the interest in driodekas. Sure it'd be cool if they were in the game but it really doesn't matter that they are not.

    Droidekas are legendaries. The appeared in the first prequel togeter with the normal droids.

    Droidekas are very different than other droids, with a different way to play. This is cool.

    Without them this game is incomplete.

    Legendaries? Really?

    Game incomplete without them? Really?

    We must move in very different circles 🤣
  • Wtf is a legendary?
  • I'll take Ewok's any day over Droidekas.

    mstf2fvuobr6.gif


    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I never played the old Battlefront, so how did the Droidekas handle things like stairs and ledges? I kinda want Droidekas but if they have reduced mobility or get stuck in 'pit' areas like certain objective points on Deathstar then maybe no. Remember that awesome exploit in Deathstar 2015 where you could wheel R2D2 into the spawn area and extend the match forever? that was so much fun but some people hated it lol
    I love sand
  • Ulysses_31 wrote: »
    I never played the old Battlefront, so how did the Droidekas handle things like stairs and ledges? I kinda want Droidekas but if they have reduced mobility or get stuck in 'pit' areas like certain objective points on Deathstar then maybe no. Remember that awesome exploit in Deathstar 2015 where you could wheel R2D2 into the spawn area and extend the match forever? that was so much fun but some people hated it lol

    .... droidekas had legs and could therefore just move on the stairs normally? If they were in roll-mode they also just passed over the stairs, wasn't really a problem - check some gameplay of it on youtube, there should be plenty.

    What has been mentioned by the moderators as reason is mostly balancing issues, if they want them to be realistic, they would be quite powerful and there would not necessarily be a proper counterpart - their words.
  • Ulysses_31 wrote: »
    I never played the old Battlefront, so how did the Droidekas handle things like stairs and ledges? I kinda want Droidekas but if they have reduced mobility or get stuck in 'pit' areas like certain objective points on Deathstar then maybe no. Remember that awesome exploit in Deathstar 2015 where you could wheel R2D2 into the spawn area and extend the match forever? that was so much fun but some people hated it lol

    Droidekas on the Deathstar. Hope I never have to see that!
  • Ulysses_31 wrote: »
    I never played the old Battlefront, so how did the Droidekas handle things like stairs and ledges? I kinda want Droidekas but if they have reduced mobility or get stuck in 'pit' areas like certain objective points on Deathstar then maybe no. Remember that awesome exploit in Deathstar 2015 where you could wheel R2D2 into the spawn area and extend the match forever? that was so much fun but some people hated it lol

    .... droidekas had legs and could therefore just move on the stairs normally? If they were in roll-mode they also just passed over the stairs, wasn't really a problem - check some gameplay of it on youtube, there should be plenty.

    What has been mentioned by the moderators as reason is mostly balancing issues, if they want them to be realistic, they would be quite powerful and there would not necessarily be a proper counterpart - their words.

    cool thanks for that.

    I also image they'd be quite overpowered but at the same time in BF2015 & 2017 I love being the guy with the ion weapons who can take out turrets and vehicles - so if a Droideka could have it's shield disabled by an ion grenade and severely injured by a secondary ion grenade/ion torpedo or heavy ion shot it might encourage some interesting team dynamics. They're also pretty vulnerable from the rear.
    I love sand
  • Ulysses_31 wrote: »
    Ulysses_31 wrote: »
    I never played the old Battlefront, so how did the Droidekas handle things like stairs and ledges? I kinda want Droidekas but if they have reduced mobility or get stuck in 'pit' areas like certain objective points on Deathstar then maybe no. Remember that awesome exploit in Deathstar 2015 where you could wheel R2D2 into the spawn area and extend the match forever? that was so much fun but some people hated it lol

    .... droidekas had legs and could therefore just move on the stairs normally? If they were in roll-mode they also just passed over the stairs, wasn't really a problem - check some gameplay of it on youtube, there should be plenty.

    What has been mentioned by the moderators as reason is mostly balancing issues, if they want them to be realistic, they would be quite powerful and there would not necessarily be a proper counterpart - their words.

    cool thanks for that.

    I also image they'd be quite overpowered but at the same time in BF2015 & 2017 I love being the guy with the ion weapons who can take out turrets and vehicles - so if a Droideka could have it's shield disabled by an ion grenade and severely injured by a secondary ion grenade/ion torpedo or heavy ion shot it might encourage some interesting team dynamics. They're also pretty vulnerable from the rear.

    If you hit a wall at high speed while rolling, youd take high damage or die. Give how bad speeders are in this game, or just collision detection in general, it doesnt seem worth the effort to add them.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • OOM19
    2830 posts Member
    I can't wait to corner camp as a Droideka

    I love corner camping
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Most likely because of how difficult they would be to pull off. If I had to guess, I'd say they were having issues making the rolling up into a ball work. Shield should be a piece of cake, they could literally copy paste a slightly stronger version of the specialist personal shield onto them. Commando droids are just easier to do overall since they can reuse current movement animations and such.
  • I love droidekas
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Alex64
    5620 posts Member
    Because things with shields and heavy fire power could break the game?
  • Versatti wrote: »
    Please @EA_Charlemagne @F8RGE , confirm that the devs are working in droidekas for the future.


    Remember this comment:

    display?key=fd92ebbc52fc43fb98f69e50e7893c13&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fy94hptfgzau11.jpg

    ....transformable robots...?

    Really, are there any othe possibility different than the Droideka?

    That equates to a whole 6 days development from the date of that tweet (Oct 18) to now.

    And that's assuming they worked on them for more than just one Spark... From the tweet it seems like they try new things every time they do that.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • BucksawBoushh
    4152 posts Member
    edited February 13
    TheScape wrote: »
    Versatti wrote: »
    Please @EA_Charlemagne @F8RGE , confirm that the devs are working in droidekas for the future.


    Remember this comment:

    display?key=fd92ebbc52fc43fb98f69e50e7893c13&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fy94hptfgzau11.jpg

    ....transformable robots...?

    Really, are there any othe possibility different than the Droideka?

    That equates to a whole 6 days development from the date of that tweet (Oct 18) to now.

    And that's assuming they worked on them for more than just one Spark... From the tweet it seems like they try new things every time they do that.

    They should consider sticking to one asset so that it can maybe eventually be added to the game instead of just putting around with something new every time. I’m assuming a lot here but just going off of your comment.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Because they'd be either stupidly overpowered or incredibly weak to compensate for their power of almost literally every other game with them?
  • Because they'd be either stupidly overpowered or incredibly weak to compensate for their power of almost literally every other game with them?

    So what you're saying is you don't have faith in DICE's skills
    Add weapons or bad things are going to happen
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Ion grenades would make short work of their shields. I'd be more concerned about their bulky nature blocking allies in tight spaces.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!