criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Community Transmission - Clone Troopers

Replies

• I know I'm probably the 100th person to say this, but the new clone appearances are disappointing. Why you decided to switch up the equipment between the classes is beyond me, the clones no longer have unique looks to them and they all look bland and plain without all the gear on their armor.

I also don't know why you had to give them this weird new "weathered" look, it reflects the light off their armor in such a way it almost looks like their glowing, I definitely prefered their original, sleek and shiny armor.
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    I know I'm probably the 100th person to say this, but the new clone appearances are disappointing. Why you decided to switch up the equipment between the classes is beyond me, the clones no longer have unique looks to them and they all look bland and plain without all the gear on their armor.

I also don't know why you had to give them this weird new "weathered" look, it reflects the light off their armor in such a way it almost looks like their glowing, I definitely prefered their original, sleek and shiny armor.

I actually would like an option to have the gear on the heavy or not. I like it without the backpack since they look more like the actual clones in the movies and shows.
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • Love the new Clones! Wish we could choose which map to play to take advantage of these more often.
  • I like being able to choose between Phase I and Phase II, as I prefer the Phase I over the Phase II in almost every situation. also I remember seeing both phase 1 and 2 clone armor together so it’s not a problem like being able to fight battle droids as Rey. That still really needs to be changed by the way, heroes should not be playable with any other faction other than their own. Also, I like how the officer has been added. I do not like how after spending hours to earn the credits for multiple clone skins they are now available free for all. That really annoys me, I’d have spent those credits on unlocking heroes if I knew I could wait and get them for free. At least give me a refund. However I do like what y’all are doing with the game.

There’s JUST 4 things I don’t like.

1) Weapons, more please. Simple as that.

2) I mentioned this already, but I’d like a refund for the skins that I bought. Only the ones that are now being given out for free, I think that’s fair so that I can buy different sets of skins that I like.

3) Cross era heroes? I already said this as well, but WHY CAN REY FIGHT BATTLE DROIDS? There are so many heroes availabe now that they should be limited to their eras.

4) Era selection, I get that we can’t select maps, that would thin out the players too much, but could I select a specific era to play in? Whenever I join a game, if it is not clone wars era I leave anyways, so might as well save me time by just not being put into the other maps. I get that this would result in absolutely no one playing the the Resistance vs First Order era, but that’s because we don’t like it. We don’t like Disney trying to go all SJW and politicizing Star Wars, while also remaking the original trilogy. The first order is basically the empire, the fine line between them is just a few years. And the resistance is basically the rebel alliance, just made up of one faction rather than a bunch of United smaller ones, with Poe Dameron in there as well (he’s the only character I really like in the new trilogy, even though they could have made his mini mistake and redemption arc better).

Sorry, I kind of branched off there but my point still stands, I think these would make great additions to the game. There are so many more things I would like, but most of them I know are rather niche ideas, these I believe would please the most people. Anyways, if any of you disagree or anything, just reply and I’d love to talk with you about it. This is my first time using this forum thing, so I don’t know if PM’s are available or anything like that.
  • SolFenix wrote: »
    I like being able to choose between Phase I and Phase II, as I prefer the Phase I over the Phase II in almost every situation. also I remember seeing both phase 1 and 2 clone armor together

Do you have a source for this? I'd like to check it out
  • PO1977
    41 posts Member
    Actually, every single time you see Rex in armor (4th season and up), you see a mix of phase 1 and 2. He integrated the breathers from phase 2 but he kept the rest purely phase 1.
  • Overall, I am loving the Clone Trooper model overhaul, but there are a few things I'd like to see improved upon:
    • The artwork for the appropriate Star Cards needs to be updated to reflect the updated Clone Trooper models as do some NPC models (e.g. Galactic Assault: Naboo - Theed).
    • Still cannot view the standard, all-white Phase I armor in the Collection menu.
    • No option to use the standard, all-white Phase I and Phase II armor for the Galactic Republic's Aerial Class Special Unit.
    • Still cannot select Appearances at the pre-round menu in Arcade.
    "All wings report in."
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    SolFenix wrote: »
    I like being able to choose between Phase I and Phase II, as I prefer the Phase I over the Phase II in almost every situation. also I remember seeing both phase 1 and 2 clone armor together so it’s not a problem like being able to fight battle droids as Rey. That still really needs to be changed by the way, heroes should not be playable with any other faction other than their own. Also, I like how the officer has been added. I do not like how after spending hours to earn the credits for multiple clone skins they are now available free for all. That really annoys me, I’d have spent those credits on unlocking heroes if I knew I could wait and get them for free. At least give me a refund. However I do like what y’all are doing with the game.

There’s JUST 4 things I don’t like.

1) Weapons, more please. Simple as that.

2) I mentioned this already, but I’d like a refund for the skins that I bought. Only the ones that are now being given out for free, I think that’s fair so that I can buy different sets of skins that I like.

3) Cross era heroes? I already said this as well, but WHY CAN REY FIGHT BATTLE DROIDS? There are so many heroes availabe now that they should be limited to their eras.

4) Era selection, I get that we can’t select maps, that would thin out the players too much, but could I select a specific era to play in? Whenever I join a game, if it is not clone wars era I leave anyways, so might as well save me time by just not being put into the other maps. I get that this would result in absolutely no one playing the the Resistance vs First Order era, but that’s because we don’t like it. We don’t like Disney trying to go all SJW and politicizing Star Wars, while also remaking the original trilogy. The first order is basically the empire, the fine line between them is just a few years. And the resistance is basically the rebel alliance, just made up of one faction rather than a bunch of United smaller ones, with Poe Dameron in there as well (he’s the only character I really like in the new trilogy, even though they could have made his mini mistake and redemption arc better).

Sorry, I kind of branched off there but my point still stands, I think these would make great additions to the game. There are so many more things I would like, but most of them I know are rather niche ideas, these I believe would please the most people. Anyways, if any of you disagree or anything, just reply and I’d love to talk with you about it. This is my first time using this forum thing, so I don’t know if PM’s are available or anything like that.

I honestly don’t care that you branched off. You definitely speak for a good portion of the community, including me.
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    723 posts Member
    edited March 3
    BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    Overall, I am loving the Clone Trooper model overhaul, but there are a few things I'd like to see improved upon:
    • The artwork for the appropriate Star Cards needs to be updated to reflect the updated Clone Trooper models as do some NPC models (e.g. Galactic Assault: Naboo - Theed).
    • Still cannot view the standard, all-white Phase I armor in the Collection menu.
    • No option to use the standard, all-white Phase I and Phase II armor for the Galactic Republic's Aerial Class Special Unit.
    • Still cannot select Appearances at the pre-round menu in Arcade.

Rats. I forgot to mention one other issue:
    • Cannot choose between the standard, all-white Phase I and the standard, all-white Phase II armor Appearances at the pre-round menu for every PT-era map.

Honestly, I really don't like having Phase I and Phase II armor types mixed in as much as I don't like having the various Clone Trooper battalions mixed together in battles they didn't participate in, but if DICE is really so dead set on doing this, they should at least follow it through to it's logical conclusion and allow us the ability to select from both standard, all-white armor Phase types.

EDIT: Had a lot going on today so I posted this in haste only to realize later I left out an important detail. Ugh... :confounded: Fixed it now, though. :smile:
    Post edited by BTL-A4_Ace on
    "All wings report in."
  • Does anyone else have problems with the block? I press the lock key and with Obi Wan and Anakin, they do not. Also with Anakin when I do the heroic impact skill, it stays stuck or bugea and does not. And I think they should improve Obi Wan a bit, I think I should do a little more damage to the enemy heroes and improve their mental trick that I feel that lasts very little. Sorry for my English, I'm from Chile and I consider myself part of the community of this game.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1319 posts Member
    edited April 10
    I want a 2nd pack of clone skins.
    Post edited by JediPacoElFlaco on

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Iceninja
    433 posts Member
    Does anyone else have problems with the block? I press the lock key and with Obi Wan and Anakin, they do not. Also with Anakin when I do the heroic impact skill, it stays stuck or bugea and does not. And I think they should improve Obi Wan a bit, I think I should do a little more damage to the enemy heroes and improve their mental trick that I feel that lasts very little. Sorry for my English, I'm from Chile and I consider myself part of the community of this game.

I am having the same problem. Half the time with Luke, Anakin, Yoda or Obi Wan when I try to block it simply will not let me until I die and then spawn again.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Soldiers need 2 or 3 loadouts so u can easily switch between soldiers with different appearances & weapons based upon tactical need. More desighns for character appearances. From Clone Wars animated, SW Rebels & other Star Wars mediums. Clone officers should 1 or 2blaster rifles. ARC Troopers should be special units with appearance options for Alpha, CT - 555, Echo & etc. Give us appearance options for clone jet trooper. The Rebels & Resistance troop wider variation on both alien & human races as well as Uniforms. I know the rebellion had a uniform, but not every rebel wore it. The Resistance looked patchwork like a Catholic school where nobody wears the school uniforms. Lastly the resistance & rebellion should have new character classes like Scoundrel & mercenaries. Mercenaries should be added to Droid army too.
  • This is in reply to someone's comment about whether or not clones should be female and male. There are multiple reasons why clones should not be female but i'm not going to list all of them. Kaminoans can't simply clone someone's DNA into the opposite gender. Jango Fett was clearly not female.
  • This is in reply to someone's comment about whether or not clones should be female and male. There are multiple reasons why clones should not be female but i'm not going to list all of them. Kaminoans can't simply clone someone's DNA into the opposite gender. Jango Fett was clearly not female.

Where was this comment?
  • Nicohidalgo94
    3 posts Member
    edited March 5
    Iceninja wrote: »
    Does anyone else have problems with the block? I press the lock key and with Obi Wan and Anakin, they do not. Also with Anakin when I do the heroic impact skill, it stays stuck or bugea and does not. And I think they should improve Obi Wan a bit, I think I should do a little more damage to the enemy heroes and improve their mental trick that I feel that lasts very little. Sorry for my English, I'm from Chile and I consider myself part of the community of this game.

I am having the same problem. Half the time with Luke, Anakin, Yoda or Obi Wan when I try to block it simply will not let me until I die and then spawn again.

Maybe, it's because there is data from the new combat system with lightsabers. I really hope that is that, and that there is a better combat system. And the other thing, I do not know if they agree that Obi Wan is very weak with his lightsaber compared to other jedis or sith heroes of the game, except Darth Maul, which is only because he can not block. But in general, I think they should improve Obi wan a bit, according to his character in the movies, He trained Anakin and Luke (a little), and defeated Maul, Grievus and Anakin ... just that
  • Iceninja
    433 posts Member
    Iceninja wrote: »

Maybe, it's because there is data from the new combat system with lightsabers. I really hope that is that, and that there is a better combat system. And the other thing, I do not know if they agree that Obi Wan is very weak with his lightsaber compared to other jedis or sith heroes of the game, except Darth Maul, which is only because he can not block. But in general, I think they should improve Obi wan a bit, according to his character in the movies, He trained Anakin and Luke (a little), and defeated Maul, Grievus and Anakin ... just that

No because it was happening starting a few weeks before the update. It was like an illness. First Yoda , then like and Obi Wan, and Anakin was born with it. Rey probably has natural immunity to blocking glitches because she lives in a desert. She is has like 300 immunity to everything.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • i love the ability to choose between phase 1 and phase 2 clones. for me i love being able to play as phase 1 clones. its great.
  • I love it but please put the phase 1 and phase 2 armor in the correct period so it feels more authentic
  • Joy_Lane wrote: »
    Why do you ruin the changes by allowing the choice of phase 1 or 2 independent of the planet?
    Nobody asked for this

Phase 1 and Phase 2 in the same battle, fatal error

You do know that In the Clone Wars show there were Clones that had their Phase One helmets on when the others had Phase 2 right?
    Joy_Lane wrote: »
    Why do you ruin the changes by allowing the choice of phase 1 or 2 independent of the planet?
    Nobody asked for this

You do know that In the Clone Wars show there were Clones that had their Phase One helmets on when the others had Phase 2 right?

If that episode is the Kamino one, the Phase II clones were ARC trooper, wich means are special forces separate from all the legions, at that time everyone else used the Phase I still
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1319 posts Member
    edited March 19
    Other possible skin more for a second pack of clone skins:

VETERAN CLONE TROOPER OF THE 501ST

ktbrtukkk6jg.png
    tz86l3pvraxi.png
    ffmxzyipx6p1.png
    stmdyr49j8dd.png

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Doom's unit

tqtd1lt67i6a.png
    gqmyv0nnns9u.png
    v20navjxptyt.png
    mx5uxzkcukkk.png

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Advanced Recon Force trooper

pdueywy8fgus.png
    quq6f6mgvvk1.png
    bwvb14jtzcsv.png
    lmzmqeoesweg.png

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Won't let me play Capital Supremacy. Game keeps kicking me
  • There should be a way to make your character just the Phase I "Shiny" (Default skin) instead of just the default Phase II. Also, it would be cool if there was an option in the graphics or something to be able to make everyone Phase I/Phase II for you. So if you selected Phase I Shiny everyone would be the Phase I Shiny skin, or select Phase II 212th, and so on. To keep it so you have to buy the skins and what not, you only have the options for the skins you own. Also, you should have the option to make it as it is now where everyone is different and has their own skins. This would allow the people to have their own immersive gameplay how they want it instead of forcing people to look at a bunch of mix and match troopers running around. Overall I believe it will help the people who want to have immersive gameplay.
  • 442nd Siege Battalion
    edf01b4bc6797e7f03f33314355d98f3.png
    latest?cb=20130531231301&path-prefix=clone

1bfioawlu399.png
  • 442nd Siege Battalion
    edf01b4bc6797e7f03f33314355d98f3.png
    latest?cb=20130531231301&path-prefix=clone

OML yes pleeeeeeeease
  • 2nd Airborne Company - Clone paratroopers
    13uzdhccepn4.png
    kishcko84o8h.png
    vcabe94ia0bu.png
    fj12gzlpv1gz.png

1bfioawlu399.png
  • 41st Elite Corps phase II (correct skin)
    10127826a2.jpg
    clone_trooper__41st_elite_corps_by_efrajoey1_dc01gx0-pre.jpg
    C_10.jpg
    figura-star-wars-coruscant-clon-trooper-alt7.jpg
    latest?cb=20130202005657

1bfioawlu399.png
  • I know I'm probably the 100th person to say this, but the new clone appearances are disappointing. Why you decided to switch up the equipment between the classes is beyond me, the clones no longer have unique looks to them and they all look bland and plain without all the gear on their armor.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • aeu66gum4er3.jpg
    Wouldn't mind this as a skin. It's a 327th Phase one. With a rain poncho.
  • aeu66gum4er3.jpg
    Wouldn't mind this as a skin. It's a 327th Phase one. With a rain poncho.

OML gimme poncho boi’s!!!
  • Why is consistency such a low priority here with the skins? It was just fine the way it was before, with every planet having its respective clone battallion skin and its respective phase of armor as default. Why change this? It defeats the whole point of wearing uniforms and having battalion markings, if everyone on every map just wears what suits them. That's not how it works in the real military and the same is true in star wars. The game as it is now is so unimmersive, i just don't understand why you did that.

You might as well go ahead now and add clone pilot skins from the arc fighter, add tie fighter, at-at and at-st pilots, as well as rebel/resistance pilots running around on the ground, that would totally make sense, right? Why not have snowtroopers fighting on Yavin IV? While you’re at it, why not mix up the factions a bit eh? Have the rebels battle the seperatists or the republic battle the resistance. Ah screw it, let’s just let everyone pick whatever class/hero of whatever faction/era he wants and play against any other class/hero of any other faction and era, right? Wouldn't that be fun???? So much more customization!!!!

And the hero thing is stupid too. Why is it so hard to just lock heroes to their respective era? Now we have Anakin fighting Vader on Geonosis, Palpatine fighting his own clone army and Rey fighting Darth Maul in the Battle of Hoth! The least thing you could do is adding "Old-Skins" for Han, Luke and Leia and as default when playing them in the sequel era. Leia could have a Padme skin for the prequel era for example, and Boba Fett a Jango Skin, so you wouldn’t even have to think about new abilities and stuff.

As for the clone war skins, the very least you have to do is lock the armor phase for each map (e.g. Geonosis: only Pase I, Kashyyyk: only Phase II, etc.) and make the default skin the original skin of each respective map, because I would like to play with the correct battalion skin on each map (as it was before!) and don’t want to change that before each and every round!

Hey, buddy. Have you ever heard of joint ops? And I've seen units of Army have NG units with them. And they were wearing two completely different combat fatigues. Same as if the Army was to do a joint OP with the marines. And you'd be surprised how many soldiers do their own thing with their equipment on the feild so they look unique and stand out. (Technically against procal.)
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    Why is consistency such a low priority here with the skins? It was just fine the way it was before, with every planet having its respective clone battallion skin and its respective phase of armor as default. Why change this? It defeats the whole point of wearing uniforms and having battalion markings, if everyone on every map just wears what suits them. That's not how it works in the real military and the same is true in star wars. The game as it is now is so unimmersive, i just don't understand why you did that.

You might as well go ahead now and add clone pilot skins from the arc fighter, add tie fighter, at-at and at-st pilots, as well as rebel/resistance pilots running around on the ground, that would totally make sense, right? Why not have snowtroopers fighting on Yavin IV? While you’re at it, why not mix up the factions a bit eh? Have the rebels battle the seperatists or the republic battle the resistance. Ah screw it, let’s just let everyone pick whatever class/hero of whatever faction/era he wants and play against any other class/hero of any other faction and era, right? Wouldn't that be fun???? So much more customization!!!!

And the hero thing is stupid too. Why is it so hard to just lock heroes to their respective era? Now we have Anakin fighting Vader on Geonosis, Palpatine fighting his own clone army and Rey fighting Darth Maul in the Battle of Hoth! The least thing you could do is adding "Old-Skins" for Han, Luke and Leia and as default when playing them in the sequel era. Leia could have a Padme skin for the prequel era for example, and Boba Fett a Jango Skin, so you wouldn’t even have to think about new abilities and stuff.

As for the clone war skins, the very least you have to do is lock the armor phase for each map (e.g. Geonosis: only Pase I, Kashyyyk: only Phase II, etc.) and make the default skin the original skin of each respective map, because I would like to play with the correct battalion skin on each map (as it was before!) and don’t want to change that before each and every round!

Hey, buddy. Have you ever heard of joint ops? And I've seen units of Army have NG units with them. And they were wearing two completely different combat fatigues. Same as if the Army was to do a joint OP with the marines. And you'd be surprised how many soldiers do their own thing with their equipment on the feild so they look unique and stand out. (Technically against procal.)

I think phase locking would destroy everything dice had tried to do with the skins.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1319 posts Member
    edited April 10
    Keeli's company (only phase I)

ahjotucvzv3v.png

Normal trooper
    47585252_577499422691856_2913198738088885930_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram.com
    47690464_220230395531672_1854643016045698740_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram.com
    47585340_1106694969510824_210162772602055952_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram.com
    47161648_1181372152015893_5434661779145747533_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram.com

Officer
    46747247_507484819740836_6978152223186564391_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram.com
    47021304_271796280167780_2507474916208969787_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram.com
    46721256_300151207514892_2208294790247941163_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram.com
    Post edited by JediPacoElFlaco on

1bfioawlu399.png
  • JackTHorn
    3657 posts Member
    Why is consistency such a low priority here with the skins? It was just fine the way it was before, with every planet having its respective clone battallion skin and its respective phase of armor as default. Why change this? It defeats the whole point of wearing uniforms and having battalion markings, if everyone on every map just wears what suits them. That's not how it works in the real military and the same is true in star wars. The game as it is now is so unimmersive, i just don't understand why you did that.

Hey, buddy. Have you ever heard of joint ops? And I've seen units of Army have NG units with them. And they were wearing two completely different combat fatigues. Same as if the Army was to do a joint OP with the marines.
    And I guarantee you that in any such joint ops, The command structure remained intact. Meaning that while a squad of Marines might work with an army Platoon , or Navy battle group might work with a platoon of Marines, one thing you would not see at any point is a squad made up of one Marine, one Air Force pilot, one Army sergeant in desert gear, one Army Corporal in jungle camo, a random paratrooper, and a member of the military police.

Even the slightly less ridiculous example of a squad made up of soldiers from five different battalions is ludicrous and was never seen. There would be no reason for that to ever happen.

And you'd be surprised how many soldiers do their own thing with their equipment on the feild so they look unique and stand out. (Technically against procal.)
    Do you mean protocol?

MBSONIC wrote: »
    I think phase locking would destroy everything dice had tried to do with the skins.
    Yes. Phase locking as you call it would destroy Everything DICE had tried to do to make this game look even worse than they had done before.
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    It’d be cool if we got skins for the reinforcements.
  • 21st Nova Corps. - Galactic Marines

619evatsqr5v.png
    vftf9n7u2s2e.png
    bds7dj8vsnnv.png
    dfoxiw90wtnu.png

1bfioawlu399.png
  • 38th Armored Division (Legens)

qnp535ryuf1h.png
    pnzxkuhim165.png

1bfioawlu399.png
  • RedPug
    16 posts Member
    REX and CODY.
    (not as heroes but as an intermediate class, maybe 3000 battle points)

GALACTIC MARINES (MYGEETO)

iruyai1bsesy.png

• Trampe2000
    1 posts Member
    edited April 27
    Nobody asked for this

That is just plain out wrong. That never happens in the show
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    Trampe2000 wrote: »
    Nobody asked for this

That is just plain out wrong. That never happens in the show

It never happens in the show, but this IS just a game. It was never going to be 100% accurate to the lore. If your going to complain about that, then Chewbacca should not be on Geonosis, ESPECIALLY with his Beckett’s group skin.
  • @F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

When a 2nd skins pack?

1bfioawlu399.png
  • And any news if we will see some of the original appearences ever again?
  • SnakeMajin
    423 posts Member
    As far as I appreciate the lore of clones, I feel we were spoiled more than enough.

The very main legions are here, with a few extras. Only thing I feel I could suggest, one day, where there really is nothing more important to do, is to give back the equipment only to the original Naboo/Kashyyyk skins and to a variant of shiny Phase 1 clones. So the devs have a chance to leave a mark of their original design choices.
  • Lionbite
    298 posts Member
    PO1977 wrote: »
    Actually, every single time you see Rex in armor (4th season and up), you see a mix of phase 1 and 2. He integrated the breathers from phase 2 but he kept the rest purely phase 1.

Not, he kept the phase 1 visor and wielded it to his new phase 2 helmet.
  • Although appearances should some what differ between players when playing as Clone for each Battalion, Corps, or Division
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!