criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

please tell me the new reinforcements wont be ewoks

have they confirmed anywhere that one of them wont be the ewoks? they are just boring and recycled from a dead gamemode please dont tell me its gonna be them.

Replies

• DarthJ
    5418 posts Member
    Why not? I think they would be good on Endor maps and modes. Hard to spot and will be fun to use, as they were in Ewok Hunt.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Why not? I think they would be good on Endor maps and modes. Hard to spot and will be fun to use, as they were in Ewok Hunt.

Absolutely. This would be long overdue. Ewoks should 100% be added as a LS Enforcer on Endor maps. Mind you, they’ll need either a buff or some really good cards.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Versatti
    1572 posts Member
    edited February 12
    They’re definitely coming, but they don’t belong on Geonosis or Theed/Mos Eisley if you believe the data miners. ;)
  • It's funny, right after Ewok Hunt came out, people were adamant that Ewoks be brought in as reinforcements. Now that there's the potential they could be, people are saying they don't want them. It's almost like the dev team can do no right. Personally, I have no idea how Ewoks would be a viable reinforcement in their current squishy state. Only reason they work on Ewok Hunt is because it's dark AF and you can't see them all that well. Whatever works though, new content is new content.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    It's funny, right after Ewok Hunt came out, people were adamant that Ewoks be brought in as reinforcements. Now that there's the potential they could be, people are saying they don't want them. It's almost like the dev team can do no right. Personally, I have no idea how Ewoks would be a viable reinforcement in their current squishy state. Only reason they work on Ewok Hunt is because it's dark AF and you can't see them all that well. Whatever works though, new content is new content.

i dont care what other people want. i never wanted them they are awful in ewok hunt and should not be copied to galactic assault. i want actual NEW content
  • Versatti wrote: »
    They’re definitely coming, but they don’t belong on Geonosis or Theed/Mos Eisley if you believe the data miners. ;)

but just for endor would be lame (i mean its already lame that they just recycle them and call it content)

because they are recycled. i want actual new content... and they are heavily underpowered
  • DarthJ
    5418 posts Member
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »

because they are recycled. i want actual new content... and they are heavily underpowered

They would likely be buffed.
  • It's not going to be Ewoks. I don't know why people having started saying it will be Ewoks. That would be such a terrible decision by Dice.
  • It's not going to be Ewoks. I don't know why people having started saying it will be Ewoks. That would be such a terrible decision by Dice.

as you said it would be a terrible decision, but also not that big of an effort. and who is known for that? you guessed it dice ^^
  • Please tell me it wont be more Clown Wars **** :(
  • jordi1337 wrote: »
    It's not going to be Ewoks. I don't know why people having started saying it will be Ewoks. That would be such a terrible decision by Dice.

as you said it would be a terrible decision, but also not that big of an effort. and who is known for that? you guessed it dice ^^

You do have a point here. I shouldn't put it past them to do Ewoks, but I really don't think they would.
  • Mouthrax wrote: »
    Only if they can steal speeder bikes :)

You said it! :joy:
    Current Topics:
    Secondary Hand For Every Class
    Luke's Push and Repulse Damage Output

cggn8altuzp0.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
    - Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

• I find it hilarious that ewok hunt is even a thing.
  • DarthJ
    5418 posts Member
    I find it hilarious that ewok hunt is even a thing.

I enjoyed it when it was released...they should have expanded on it
  • I find it hilarious that ewok hunt is even a thing.

me2 :D
    I find it hilarious that ewok hunt is even a thing.

I enjoyed it when it was released...they should have expanded on it

Really? I enjoyed it for about 2 matches and not looked since. Not sure what there is to be expanded but if you think that fine :)
  • ZephanUnbound
    638 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Considering that it looks like the new game mode will be prequel trilogy only on release, I highly doubt it is Ewoks. As I recall f8rge said they were only being tested as reinforcement on the Endor map. Chances are the two new reinforcements are ARC Troopers for republic and commando droids for the separatists.

commando_droidok.jpg
    100204-product-silo1.png
  • DarthLando
    428 posts Member
    edited February 12
    They’d be fun to play as on Endor, imo, for the, ya know, iMmErSiOn
  • Lagodaki
    363 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Yes I believe they're being added as Reinforcements :)

Now we just need the Princess of Endor, Kneesaa @F8RGE

01cxuniedong.png
    Maybe in March :'(
    Post edited by Lagodaki on
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • How would they be fun and emmersive. Unless you could control whole armies at once. What can a single ewok do against a stormtrooper with a stick?

Maybe they be nice to go sightseeing and farming with.. maybe a Minecraft type experience on Endor. That might work. But not as soldiers 🤣😂
  • Give the Ewoks a buff with some decent cards and they would be pretty fun to run around as on Endor. They don’t need to be some powerhouse.

The asset is already made and playable so not adding them to MP Endor maps would be ridiculous.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Ewoks would be so much fun on Endor GA, especially if their jump attacks could ohk heroes.

Agreed
    Ewoks would be so much fun on Endor GA, especially if their jump attacks could ohk heroes.

That would be amazing! It would add a whole other level to that map. Having to be weary of Ewoks jumping from the trees and OHKilling you. We need this!

• Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE to see Ewok reinforcements. But I just don’t see how or why they would be added right now. Surely whatever ‘brand new reinforcements’ they have worked on will be used to fit within the new mode. Ewoks fit on one map, and the most linear of the OT maps.

I think their going to go a with something a little more universal. Droid and clone commandos can work on all PT maps. Which, until they update the home page, looks like the era we will start with for the new mode. I’ve had more than enough of the CW slog season, but that’s what I think it’ll be.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • bfloo
    13357 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE to see Ewok reinforcements. But I just don’t see how or why they would be added right now. Surely whatever ‘brand new reinforcements’ they have worked on will be used to fit within the new mode. Ewoks fit on one map, and the most linear of the OT maps.

I think their going to go a with something a little more universal. Droid and clone commandos can work on all PT maps. Which, until they update the home page, looks like the era we will start with for the new mode. I’ve had more than enough of the CW slog season, but that’s what I think it’ll be.

The ewoks are an easy addition to GA. Make them dirt cheap and you don't even need to rebalance them.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Piscettios wrote: »
    Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE to see Ewok reinforcements. But I just don’t see how or why they would be added right now. Surely whatever ‘brand new reinforcements’ they have worked on will be used to fit within the new mode. Ewoks fit on one map, and the most linear of the OT maps.

The CW tears would be delicious if Ewok’s were one of these 2 new Reinforcements.
    bfloo wrote: »

The ewoks are an easy addition to GA. Make them dirt cheap and you don't even need to rebalance them.

Even if they didn’t re-balance them but made them rankable with say, 3 or 4 star cards I would be pretty stoked.

Easy addition one map, half of it. All for it, don’t see it happening.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

Easy addition one map, half of it. All for it, don’t see it happening.

Potentially 4 maps and 4 modes, if they added Endor to Conquest/Titan. I’m not expecting them to be added but man, talk about wasting assets.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    568 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Ewoks in Endor
    Geonosian warriors in Geonosis

Droidekas, ARC troopers, Republic commandos, commando droids, Magnaguards in all maps of the CW

OG-9, Dwarf spider droid, etc playables.

The original Battlefront(Pandemic) had many more reinforcers, vehicles and classes (engineer)
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • The updated Roadmap says that the new reinforcement are only playable on clone wars maps of the new gamemode and galactic assault.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!