criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The nightmare continues.

Prev1
Dice. Really trying to be positive here. But Please. Please can we get some content that is not Prequel related? New reinforcements, new game mode and NOTHING to play. I was there when TPM went into cinemas and it may be petty of me but hell will freeze over before I will play with any of that.

Replies

• I am beginning to doubt it.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    Hopefully this sparks the end of the CW season/not season and we move back to OT for the remainder of the year.

PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I'm sure the game will be out of beta by 2020 atleast. Either that, or these devs have their SW license pulled for good.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    I'm sure the game will be out of beta by 2020 atleast. Either that, or these devs have their SW license pulled for good.

Probably not, since Disney said they are happy with how this game is being handled.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • hsf_
    1436 posts Member
    Lagodaki wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    I'm sure the game will be out of beta by 2020 atleast. Either that, or these devs have their SW license pulled for good.

Probably not, since Disney said they are happy with how this game is being handled.

• Lagodaki wrote: »

Ick...

What is it with folks being so ridiculously out of touch these days.

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif

Then my BF2 is truly dead
  • Nightmare? Hardly! There is plenty of content to enjoy but yes I agree it is time for clone wars to end. For this game not to have RO content, Dengar and A New Hope Leia is crazy.

Talking of content, so you don't like the PT or CW, that's fine, but you must realise that if Obi, GG, Dooku and Anakin had been in from launch like they should have been there never would have been an issue. They are making up for who ever decided to stupidly leave them out. BF2 without Anakin isn't right, regardless of if you don't like him or choose to see the PT as non-canon.

On the new mode, it is a disaster that it is only going to be PT. I'm looking forward to it but darn did I want to be boarding a Star destroyer instead or at least along side a PT map. With the delays I was hoping for another map, but it's not happening at launch which means the new reinforcements are either not a new class or they are but only for CW which again I'm hyped for new reinforcements but I wanted Bothan spies for the Rebels to replace Wookies on all rebel maps.

As for OT content I feel it will sadly be left out as if this game is still supported this year, Ep 9 is coming so it is going to take out a chunk of development time to make that stuff.
  • I have to say, I'm not having any nightmares about this.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I have to say, I'm not having any nightmares about this.

Good. I wish I could enjoy some new stuff as well.

Happy? For real? How careless can they be? This franchise is ruined by them, both games and movies wise. I don't play many games, but is there any game in a worse state than this?
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I have to say, I'm not having any nightmares about this.

Good. I wish I could enjoy some new stuff as well.
    Zirius wrote: »
    Lagodaki wrote: »

Happy? For real? How careless can they be? This franchise is ruined by them, both games and movies wise. I don't play many games, but is there any game in a worse state than this?

That's what they said during their lasy investers call. I'm not even into the politics of it. Its EA. Fine. Let it be EA. But why is it only CW? You could litteraly make a kid in the time it started.
  • The problem here is the ridiculous drip fed in fact. 4 heroes, some clone skins and one map is not much if you think about it. Not sure if the large mode can be included as well, as we don't know if it'll feature only CW, let's hope it doesn't. That's why you have the impression it is only CW. But indeed, after 7-8 months? of "tons" of CW content, maybe it's time to move to other eras.
  • Duke_M
    50 posts Member
    edited February 13

You really think they care? All they care about is money. Now if we're given a decently polished and presented product the chances are we'll be happy to pay up. We've all had games that have caused money to burn in our pockets until it's in our hands, right? But this is Star Wars, remember? You could take a box, fill it with stones and dirt, label it " STAR WARS - THE PLANET ALDERAAN" after the Death Star destroyed it and it will sell a ton.

Said it before. Maximum profit, minimum effort. That's pretty much AAA gaming these days.

23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • Zirius wrote: »
    The problem here is the ridiculous drip fed in fact. 4 heroes, some clone skins and one map is not much if you think about it. Not sure if the large mode can be included as well, as we don't know if it'll feature only CW, let's hope it doesn't. That's why you have the impression it is only CW. But indeed, after 7-8 months? of "tons" of CW content, maybe it's time to move to other eras.

You are right about it not being all that much. But it is way to long.
  • bfloo
    13305 posts Member
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Zirius wrote: »
    The problem here is the ridiculous drip fed in fact. 4 heroes, some clone skins and one map is not much if you think about it. Not sure if the large mode can be included as well, as we don't know if it'll feature only CW, let's hope it doesn't. That's why you have the impression it is only CW. But indeed, after 7-8 months? of "tons" of CW content, maybe it's time to move to other eras.

You are right about it not being all that much. But it is way to long.

Even if we got a decent amount of content, it still dragged on for too long.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• OOM19
    2776 posts Member
    2tkyw8.jpg

One, Two, Three. OOM is coming for you
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • ZephanUnbound
    591 posts Member
    edited February 13
    Maybe once the prequel trilogy actually catches up to the others. The OT/ST crowd forgets that this game launched with OT having the most content, ST having the second most, and PT having the least, and even after multiple months of PT updates PT still has the least amount of content overall (though it is nearly caught up with ST now finally), even though it covers the widest array of canon material out of all the eras.

I won't mind if DICE takes a short break from PT content to do a Rogue One season maybe, especially if they just port Scarif, Jyn, and Krennic over, since that would probably take a month or two tops, but I want them to get back to PT again as quickly as possible after that. I also wouldn't complain if the do a skin heavy months with a bunch of new OT/ST skins. But I want their team that focuses on totally new significant content (maps, heroes) focused on PT until PT finally catches up.
  • Duke_M wrote: »

You really think they care? All they care about is money. Now if we're given a decently polished and presented product the chances are we'll be happy to pay up. We've all had games that have caused money to burn in our pockets until it's in our hands, right? But this is Star Wars, remember? You could take a box, fill it with stones and dirt, label it " STAR WARS - THE PLANET ALDERAAN" after the Death Star destroyed it and it will sell a ton.

Said it before. Maximum profit, minimum effort. That's pretty much AAA gaming these days.

I wish I could disagree, but even Kingdom Hearts 3 fell short of expectations. Remains to be seen if DLC / content patching will be a thing / can save it.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • Thelegenddd
    17 posts Member
    edited February 13
    They are probably going to be done with this game after the March update so don’t get your hopes up.
  • Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    Considering the seventh season of the Clone Wars animated show comes back later on this year, I'm almost 99% sure that even if we do take a break it'll be right back to the Prequels to tie in with promoting the show. So I hope you're ready for your nightmares to endure for some time longer.

The same time the Mandalorian lands? I think they'll focus on that rather than CW.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    Considering the seventh season of the Clone Wars animated show comes back later on this year, I'm almost 99% sure that even if we do take a break it'll be right back to the Prequels to tie in with promoting the show. So I hope you're ready for your nightmares to endure for some time longer.

The same time the Mandalorian lands? I think they'll focus on that rather than CW.

Hopefully
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Yup! Now that’s a television show I can get excited for.
  • Alex64
    5536 posts Member
    This nightmare must end
    GiddyGranularDikkops-max-1mb.gif
    I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem.

That hasn't begun shooting yet as I recall, I'm thinking that comes sometime early 2020. Clone Wars is likely November/December, not long after or at the same time as Disney+ launches.

So I expect we'll get Clone Wars from now until March/April, then maybe Rogue One map ports etc until later on in the year, Clone Wars again for season 7 and then Mandalorian for early 2020. If they support the game that long.

That hasn't begun shooting yet as I recall, I'm thinking that comes sometime early 2020. Clone Wars is likely November/December, not long after or at the same time as Disney+ launches.

So I expect we'll get Clone Wars from now until March/April, then maybe Rogue One map ports etc until later on in the year, Clone Wars again for season 7 and then Mandalorian for early 2020. If they support the game that long.

Ambitious
  • The_Sith_Apprentice
    1427 posts Member
    edited February 13

I think you forgot Episode IX...

Clone Wars “Season” Part 1
    Rogue One “Season”
    Clone Wars “Season” Part 2
    Episode IX “Season”
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX

Rogue One “Season”
    Episode IX “Season”

CW (now)
    Rogue One
    Episode IX
    Mandalorian

Ah, best Road Map thus far!
  • hsf_
    1436 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    We need something fresh, something with sand, salty water, palm trees and a big tower, you know what i mean.
    *Wink!
    tumblr_inline_mkahvynUxM1qz4rgp.gif

burj_al_arab_afternoon_tea3.jpg
    You mean this?
  • Alex64
    5536 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    We need something fresh, something with sand, salty water, palm trees and a big tower, you know what i mean.
    *Wink!

burj_al_arab_afternoon_tea3.jpg
    You mean this?

It's so similar
    xe965arq0ev2.jpeg
    I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem.
  • It'll be what it'll be, I'm not bothered one bit about what content comes. I love Clone Wars and Rebels as well as the new Sequels stuff, so I can't say I've got many complaints for the future. I can only hope the same for the rest of you!
  • Wish we could all agree, but other then Scarif, the only content I want from here to infinity is Clone Wars. GCW already has the whole prior game dedicated to it, and at launch more then a third of the maps were GCW, and the ST are so similar to it that it feels like 80% of this game is Rebel Scum vs Generic White Baddies who can't aim.

To that end I say, give us more PT and TCW content! And y'all need to stop hating on our cartoons and get on board!
  • I would sell my soul for Scarif.
    Wish we could all agree, but other then Scarif, the only content I want from here to infinity is Clone Wars. GCW already has the whole prior game dedicated to it, and at launch more then a third of the maps were GCW, and the ST are so similar to it that it feels like 80% of this game is Rebel Scum vs Generic White Baddies who can't aim.

To that end I say, give us more PT and TCW content! And y'all need to stop hating on our cartoons and get on board!

Are you going to sit there and tell me that identical clones vs comic relief robots somehow is better than the above example?

22kciqve3jgt.gif
    It'll be what it'll be, I'm not bothered one bit about what content comes. I love Clone Wars and Rebels as well as the new Sequels stuff, so I can't say I've got many complaints for the future. I can only hope the same for the rest of you!

The Clone Wars, Rebels and the ST? Interesting taste but lucky you for you!
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    *Wink!

Yes, we all need vacation.
    It'll be what it'll be, I'm not bothered one bit about what content comes. I love Clone Wars and Rebels as well as the new Sequels stuff, so I can't say I've got many complaints for the future. I can only hope the same for the rest of you!

The Clone Wars, Rebels and the ST? Interesting taste but lucky you for you!

When I said Rebels I generally meant the Original Trilogy, but that probably wasn't too clear. All I'm saying is all of the eras are enjoyable for me, though I freely admit I like the Clone Wars most since I grew up with the show, so no matter where they go I'm safe enough in enjoyment. But thank you very much!

Rogue One “Season”
    Episode IX “Season”

CW (now)
    Rogue One
    Episode IX
    Mandalorian

Ah, best Road Map thus far!

Agreed
  • I want more starfighter missions. How many times can I play the same four scenarios?
    • I SOOOOO want to play the bomber run on the FO dreadnaught.
    • Death Star II assault.
    • SCARIF!!!
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    I would sell my soul for Scarif.
    Wish we could all agree, but other then Scarif, the only content I want from here to infinity is Clone Wars. GCW already has the whole prior game dedicated to it, and at launch more then a third of the maps were GCW, and the ST are so similar to it that it feels like 80% of this game is Rebel Scum vs Generic White Baddies who can't aim.

Are you going to sit there and tell me that identical clones vs comic relief robots somehow is better than the above example?

Robots vs Robots made out of meat
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Acurate.
  • Duke_M
    50 posts Member
    edited February 16
    I wish I could disagree, but even Kingdom Hearts 3 fell short of expectations. Remains to be seen if DLC / content patching will be a thing / can save it.

Like I said - maximum profit for minimum effort.

Put it this way - my elder brother went rummaging through his attic not too long ago and dug up his (still working) 48k ZX Spectrum, an old computer from 1982 that is quite famous in this part of the world (look it up if you haven't heard of it!). The effort and imagination put in some of these old games from the early Eighties can't fail to impress when you take into account your avatar pic alone is twice the memory capacity of that computer.

Where has that imagination gone? All I hear from devs is "we need more power" when the real truth is they have the imaginations of a mouldy cheese sandwich. All hype. No effort.
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • I hope CW is over too. But with people so sure on future hero's because of game files found I fear not. Apparently Ashoka ventress padme and jango are coming. That's 4 MONTHS more CW. I'm already down from playing everyday to once a week through content boredom.
  • I hope CW is over too. But with people so sure on future hero's because of game files found I fear not. Apparently Ashoka ventress padme and jango are coming. That's 4 MONTHS more CW. I'm already down from playing everyday to once a week through content boredom.

Same here.
  • Duke_M
    50 posts Member
    edited February 16
    I'm already down from playing everyday to once a week through content boredom.

I take the daily crate and the 1500 credits from Arcade mode. That's it. The balancing in GA is so bad now it's not worth playing IMO.

I would play Strike - IF I COULD GET IN A F**KING GAME., that is.

23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • Duke_M wrote: »
    I'm already down from playing everyday to once a week through content boredom.

I take the daily crate and the 1500 credits from Arcade mode. That's it. The balancing in GA is so bad now it's not worth playing IMO.

I would play Strike - IF I COULD GET IN A F**KING GAME., that is.

What's system do you play on?