criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - Chosen One Update

124Next

Replies

• awakespace wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Due to a late balancing change, the additional damage from Anakin's "PRESSURE" Star Card applies only to the final strike of Anakin's Passionate Strike ability. The Star Card description currently implies that the additional damage is applied to every strike when using the ability. The description text will be corrected at a later update.

I didn't realize Passionate Strike had more than one hit... I wonder how it actually works. Is it multiple strikes automatically? Or does it have three manually triggered strikes like Phasma's staff?

I was thinking the same thing. Either I'm doing something wrong, or this note is erroneous.
    @EA_Attic?
  • So far, this seems like a decent update.

I've got to ask, however...
    Why did EA not fix the Geonosis map for HVV? Clearly, it's too big, as many players have commented (in game anyway).
  • CHL007
    11 posts Member
    edited February 28
    WHY ARE THERE STILL NO NEW MAPS OR A FIX FOR THE HORRIBLE MATCHMAKING IN STRIKE? WTF?!!!
    Post edited by CHL007 on
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    GoodBytes wrote: »
    The Phase 1 501st and Coruscant Guard skins don't unlock as part of the bundle, costing 5k credits ea per class.

Is this a bug?

That is working as intended. You have to buy ALL of the 501st and Coruscant Guard skins, Phase I and Phase II.

I bought the 501st and Coruscant Guard bundles and got all the Phase 2 skins. It only makes sense that I’d also get the Phase 1 skins too, otherwise there’d have been a separate bundle for them. It’s a bit too much of an oddity to be intentional.

What does @F8RGE have to say?
    Alone against all these droids....? Hmph... they don't stand a chance.
  • Please
  • Spent the whole evening playing as Anakin and was giddy with all the potential the final season of the Clone Wars might bring to this game. Ahsoka, Ventress, Windu, REX.

Can’t wait to hear about the new modes coming in March and what’s next on the roadmap. I’m hoping for more features for custom arcade. Something that resembles Galactic Assault would be ideal even though it probably couldn’t be the same (was anyone else in that epic ten minute overtime match on Naboo last night? Wow.)

But until then this new update is quite robust and very satisfying. Bravo again to the devs!
  • The Clone Troopers look spectacular. I am very happy with this update for the clone appearances. Love the armored officers and also how each officer in each legion is not exactly the same and their looks/gear are different. Great job!!!

I think my favorite skins right now are the Coruscant Guard. They look amazing. I've been playing with them a lot.

Now we just need more PT maps so I can play as them more often! Still hate that GA rarely plays PT maps. Please fix this!!!!
  • It'd be veeery cool to seeing a vader's skin with a damaged helmet. Just like we saw in Rebels when Ahsoka faced him
    kxkjwb3nyspr.jpg
  • So Obi-Wan can still block for eternity? Am I the only one that thinks this is over powered? Don't believe me? Me and my friends all went lightsaber villains, Ren, Grievous, Vader, and Maul, forced Obi-Wan in a corner and swing at him for 5 minutes and he received no damage at all during this time.
  • This game is not good. Please get the child murderer off the home screen, not a good look
  • MeltDown wrote: »
    So Obi-Wan can still block for eternity? Am I the only one that thinks this is over powered? Don't believe me? Me and my friends all went lightsaber villains, Ren, Grievous, Vader, and Maul, forced Obi-Wan in a corner and swing at him for 5 minutes and he received no damage at all during this time.

And Luke no?

Love meeting those players that just sit with the eternal block on. Must be as much fun as a running Boba/Maul.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Antee
    50 posts Member
    What a great patch. I can now enjoy getting flung around the map for 90% of the time I'm alive, landing in random locations that make no sense and I get to continue getting stunlocked to death NOT by ranged heroes but by Jedi - not only can they deflect everything thrown their way, they ignore or override other abilities nearly all the time and then, given that they are just flat out faster and more maneuverable can just stunlock you to death, whether you are facing them or not.

Can you please, please work on actually fixing bugs, fixing lightsaber combat and just getting the game to a state where it is reliably fun and engaging rather than a challenge to try and convince people to play because it's a lag ridden, unbalanced and broken toy.

I mean, cool, you put out a few more skins and a new hero - it's better than nothing, except you keep nerfing things that don't need to be addressed, and continue to ignore things that do need to get fixed. And you continue doing it over and over and over and over and over again.

I really do want to play this game, because it's Star Wars, and looks and sounds beautiful, but damn do you seem to put in a lot of effort to make life as miserable as possible when playing it.
  • Anakin can be strong but oneshooting vilans with one ability is a bit to much.

Anakin's heroic might should:
    Deal 0 - 200 dmg based on charging (0 - 2 sec) and another additional
    0 - 200 bonus dmg based on the damage dealt to him.

That would make him deal up to 400 damage and would save the part where he is able to kill you immediately even without the heroic might.
    The rest part of his kit is strong but it can leave as it is for now.

(Sincier Please buff palpatine user).
  • il96 wrote: »
    1st post yesss

Are you about five years old by any chance or just mentally that way ????
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Well done on literally killing any viability Phasma had. It'll be slightly more of a hassle to keep dumb 4saber comps CC'd now.

Kylo, on the other hand..

Hard to get excited due to the fact that update like the one back in October has turned Galactic Assault on PS4 players in the UK into one constant lag fest. And it took until January to sort it last time. So after a few weeks of competitive gaming where head shots actually registered WE are back to emptying the SE44c into a player and not getting so much as an assist.

There should be a specific industry award for the levels of complete in competence that has been the signature of the game.

Not to mention any hope of balancing GA with yet more ridiculously over powered light saved heroes for every uber try hard who cannot cope without needing to be massively over powered in order to stroke their egos thinking they own the game.

The only saving grace when the game isn't lagging is finishing amongst the leaders as a lowly officer who doesn't resort to that **** cheat button DISRUPTION in order to get kill streaks going. Proof that you don't need to be grabbing a hero's to help your team.
  • buff the emporer with anikan out that can one shot every villian the need som serious buffs, and please fix the boring shoot at the tank get killed spawn shoot again thing on geonosis. would like to play it again but now i just quit it is sooooo boring
  • Obi Wan's force push is still lousy. And when are they gonna pit the Wolfpack symbol on the clone shoulder armor?
  • Durrpadil
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2
    Please EA, fix Retribution. I've taken 2 days off. I've found myself making 3rd and 4th place often with 40 players. The moment Anakin was released... Retribution just DESTROYS matches. The imbalance is painfully apparent. Especially when Anakin defends in small passages, the guarantee that he will wipe out the opposing team is guaranteed. Retribution is far too powerful in this respect:

* Anakin takes very little damage

Thought:

* Allow him to charge retribution by holding a key... or warn players ahead of time this attack is going to occur
    * Anakin must take more damage when he commences this attack
    * Limit this attack to a smaller field if possible

Luke has a similar area attack/ground pound ability. Chewie as well. But they take damage! Don't overpower Anakin! I have already seen players get 3-4x the score of players while defending and the way in is next to impossible. This really sucks!

Again, I've played this game long enough to sense a 50/50 balance. Right now it's an 80/20 imbalance with Retribution. Please... FIX THIS!
  • Amazing work and many thanks devs!
    Anakin is wonderful, excatly in the same way that Revenge of Sith movie !

I just have a note at this stage about the sounds (lightsabers mainly) that we don't hear anymore in Heroes vs Villains lobby.
    I don't know if it's done on purpose or if it's a bug, but i really prefered when we heared it !

Congratulations for this great game and hold on !
  • This update is the best you've done but one thing that not going well to me is that there need to be a medic class, because there's no multiplayer game that released by EA that ain't includes a medic class. Can you please add a medic class? P.S.-can you also add the clone's commanders, ARF\ARC troopers: Rex, cody, wolffe, fives. (only if it's not too much for you)
  • KSX
    1 posts Member
    Was looking forward to the update - but then:
    > the armour update crated switched some of my Phase 2 armour (bought pre-update) to Phase 1. Rubbish!
    >"Ani" can straight up kill anything with no skill required
    >Still no clone wars map rotation despite all this customisation... i have played Geonisis once in the last month and if you switch from clone era to another era half the lobby leaves -> no-one wants sequal garbage!

Like the emote wheel and stun changes i suppose
  • Why is it even if I have over 900 points I am still not eligible for a hero in Galactic Assault How unfair is this game?
  • When playing Heroes VS Villains there should be more balance when choosing characters, for instance when new characters come out it can be difficult to even be able to play as that character for a while. To give all players a chance to choose a character there should be a set length each player can stay playing each character, i.e. once a player is defeated they can't play as that same character until another player chooses it, or, if they play as another character until defeated to be able to choose the same character again. I know it's hella fun playing as your favorite character the whole game, but it's only fair when others get to play it too...
  • Does anyone else have problems with the block? I press the lock key and with Obi Wan and Anakin, they do not. Also with Anakin when I do the heroic impact skill, it stays stuck or bugea and does not. And I think they should improve Obi Wan a bit, I think I should do a little more damage to the enemy heroes and improve their mental trick that I feel that lasts very little. Sorry for my English, I'm from Chile and I consider myself part of the community of this game.
  • I really hope you will not nerf Anakin because of some unskilled crybabies. Those who have brain know how to play against Anakin.
    I'm a HvV player, member of TKS clan.
    My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSUxQWOhVYYnvM6lHfuWNzQ
    Twitch: twitch.tv/drunkensailorsk
  • BlazinSVK wrote: »
    I really hope you will not nerf Anakin because of some unskilled crybabies. Those who have brain know how to play against Anakin.

So reading between the lines.

You are another try hard who can't cope with needing his ridiculously over powered comfort blankets in order to stroke your own fragile ego thinking that you own the game. Then posting your 150 plus kill streak on YouTube in order that other try hard muppets can grease your ego and mock players whom want a fair and balanced game.

I'm slow hand clapping your god like gaming skills. All bow to you!

Pathetic.

If I used a controller that killed multiple players in an instant you'd be screaming for a ban, yet are happy to use the one that the devs gave you!!!!!
  • BROFORCE_TEAM
    1 posts Member
    edited March 4
    I KNOW EVERYONE LIKE THE NEW UPDATE BUT, ANAKIN SKYWALKER NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED, THE SPECIALS ARE VERY STRONG SOMETIMES DEFEATING MORE THAN ONE JEDI WITH ONE HIT. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, PLEASE ADJUST IT FOR ME TO GO BACK TO PLAY BECAUSE THAT'S NOT FAIR
    Post edited by BROFORCE_TEAM on
  • RC2074
    129 posts Member
    I am looking for an update saying : more and bigger maps. When ever that happens..
  • could you please add another robes padawan & General for Ani, please?
  • Can EA add some more Starfighter Assault maps? Maybe Death Star or Starkiller Base?
  • You should add commando droids.
  • I don't know why everyone is crying about Anakin's power. How about learn how to best him with tact, and skill? Some of us have played this game since launch, and have levelled up all our characters, and speaking for myself, I can find ways of killing Anakin with any given character with ease, it's not that hard, especially against a novice player that lacks skill, and tact. Beating veteran players who use Anakin, is a little harder, as they have skill, and tact, but like any other character, Anakin has vulnerabilities that are easy to manipulate so you can kill him. Stop complaining, really.
  • Meh, nerf him now that I've maxed him out. lol
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Luftwaffe2120
    3 posts Member
    edited March 7
    Love it!
  • MBSONIC
    386 posts Member
    edited March 8
    You guys literally broke lightsaber combat in the nerf hotfix. For some reason there’s this glitch where blocking doesn’t work, and if your playing as an Anakin retribution will not freaking work, and then it’ll make it so that you can’t do anything, at all. No attacking blocking or using your special moves making u essentially screwed. I assume this is gonna be fixed in the lightsaber combat update.
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • RC2074
    129 posts Member
    off topic yet hmm maybe not.

Since we got the great Anakin Skywalker now.. I think it would be cool and appropriate to add a new Battle Scenario to the selection: called "Order 66" taking place in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.
  • There is a 3.5 second stun immunity but you can still get knockdowns (woolie slam, thermal detonator, repulse, etc.) during this time until getting stunned again.
  • RC2074 wrote: »
    off topic yet hmm maybe not.

Since we got the great Anakin Skywalker now.. I think it would be cool and appropriate to add a new Battle Scenario to the selection: called "Order 66" taking place in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

That is a totally, awesome idea! However, Anakin was dubbed Darth Vader, prior to the purge of Jedi at the temple. Point remains the same, it is an awesome idea, and I would love to see something like this, and better yet, play it :D
  • Such a deep character with a lot of influence during the clone wars era, who is also quite popular among fans, should be added to this beautiful game. w7asbb2sbv08.png
  • Diken wrote: »
    Such a deep character with a lot of influence during the clone wars era, who is also quite popular among fans, should be added to this beautiful game. w7asbb2sbv08.png

If her unique fighting style and personal talents are to be implemented into the game carefully, Asajj Ventress will be an excellent addition which should be prioritized.