criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

My Dream Star Wars Game (just for fun)

Versatti
2158 posts Member
edited February 15
39top5wnsvoj.jpeg

This would be a cross platform online multiplayer game set within the Original Trilogy time period combining what I believe are the best parts of some of my favourite Star Wars games.

Star Wars Galaxies
From SWG I’d bring vast open world roaming, player crafting, character customisation and social interactions.

Star Wars Battlefront
From the current Battlefront series I’d bring it’s stunning visuals, elements of combat including heroes and it’s representstion of the Galactic Civil War.

Rogue Squadron
I loved the space combat in this game and would port elements of it over.

Star Wars: Empire at War
To build on the vastness of the Galaxy I’d include its locations, the ability to join and control fleets and hyperspace throughout the Galaxy.

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
This game has an array of OT Heroes that I would port over to the game.

To add to this, what else would you include?

Replies

• Hunt Mode from BF 2.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Would love having a huge amount of missions (Some repeatable). I would also like to choose my career.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Id play this for real. I loved galactic conquest back in the day, moving your fleet planet to planet skirmish in the atmosphere and on the surface. It's still fun to play because it can be different every play through
  • If you haven't yet you might want to check out an old relic called Star Wars: Rebellion (Supremacy in the UK) it is sort of EaW's predecessor. No land battles and the space battles are too dated for me to enjoy but it has a lot of great mechanics that I wish made it into EaW.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    If you haven't yet you might want to check out an old relic called Star Wars: Rebellion (Supremacy in the UK) it is sort of EaW's predecessor. No land battles and the space battles are too dated for me to enjoy but it has a lot of great mechanics that I wish made it into EaW.

Loved that game, used to play it for days. I would love them to make a mobile version (though preferably without micro transactions).
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Id play this for real. I loved galactic conquest back in the day, moving your fleet planet to planet skirmish in the atmosphere and on the surface. It's still fun to play because it can be different every play through

This is really the level of next Gen we need. I think the limitations of recent Star Wars games almost feel like the franchise has gone backwards. Prettier yes, but it’s not the revolutionary Star Wars game I’m craving. :(
  • Versatti wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Id play this for real. I loved galactic conquest back in the day, moving your fleet planet to planet skirmish in the atmosphere and on the surface. It's still fun to play because it can be different every play through

This is really the level of next Gen we need. I think the limitations of recent Star Wars games almost feel like the franchise has gone backwards. Prettier yes, but it’s not the revolutionary Star Wars game I’m craving. :(

Indeed. We need more variety. Sure battlefront was my favorite back in the day, but I had other star wars options if I wanted to play another genre. Knights of the old republic for rpg, rogue squadron for flight, jedi knight/dark forces for fps, and the awesome but overlooked revenge of the sith for dueling / action. The duel mode is still fun to this day
  • A game with an open world, graphics of bf2, gameplay and customization of bf1, and a roster from LEGO Star Wars the Complete Saga.