criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

If Strike is indeed a dead mode... add era locked Heroes to it...

CeymalRen
890 posts Member
edited February 18
Now wait, wait. Don't scream just yet.

First off all. Its just an idea. Lets not get carried away about how much you hate it. Xd I'm not married to the idea either. Just putting it out there.

I love Strike. Its the game mode that got me to but the game. Ever since beta it was my favorite.

Since there has been no support for it, it seems to be dying.

If it's really impossible to find games for it and it is indeed the least used mode in game then I suggest...

Adding one hero for each team. Era appropriate hero at that. That way the GA/ Hero Unleashed crowd can have their fun and all us people wanting era lock can have some form of middle ground.

I don't think we'd miss much since we can't get games in it anyway.

It could be done for all 3 rounds or for the last round if we don't want to much hero madness.

What say ye. Yey or ney?

Edit:

Vote here:
http://vote.pollcode.com/32365826
Post edited by CeymalRen on

Replies

• I say ney. Add maps to the mode and it’ll be revitalized.

No word from the devs on that tho. Plus Extraction is much more requested for new maps.
  • Finest_Banana
    1194 posts Member
    edited February 18
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Now wait, wait. Don't scream just yet.

If it's really impossible to find games for it and it is indeed the least used mode in game then I suggest...

Adding one hero for each team. Era appropriate hero at that. That way the GA/ Hero Unleashed crowd can have their fun and all us people wanting era lock can have some form of middle ground.

I don't think we'd miss much since we can't get games in it anyway.

It could be done for all 3 rounds or for the last round if we don't want to much hero madness.

What say ye. Yey or ney?

Hell no.
  • Wasn't strike advertised as having heroes?
    I swear in the multiplayer trailer the strike showcase segment has a clip of Boba Fett rocket barraging people on Yavin Kuattro
    Add weapons or bad things are going to happen
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Strike isn't dead. It's just been abandoned since launch.
  • Strike isn't dead. It's just been abandoned since launch.

Its true but the way I see it there is nothing being done to add anything to it. What I suggest would dolce a few problems the community has. Era lock vs Crossover era gameplay. It would give players who don't enjoy "Events" an alternative. And since no one plays Strike anyway...
  • I’ve not had problems finding matches (London resident here using Germany or Virginia US server).

I would loathe it. It’s bad enough with enforcers without turning it into a micro GA where each side races to get a hero instead of pushing the objective.

Can you imagine Endor? Or how about Boba or Palp grabbing the data file on Kamino and flying unchallenged to the drop off point?

:wink:

pH
  • CeymalRen
    890 posts Member
    edited February 18
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    I’ve not had problems finding matches (London resident here using Germany or Virginia US server).

I would loathe it. It’s bad enough with enforcers without turning it into a micro GA where each side races to get a hero instead of pushing the objective.

Can you imagine Endor? Or how about Boba or Palp grabbing the data file on Kamino and flying unchallenged to the drop off point?

pH

They would not be available on Kamino. Also Heroes should not be able to Pick up the payloads. Like in Ga. Only supporting the troops.
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »
    I’ve not had problems finding matches (London resident here using Germany or Virginia US server).

pH

Strike is essentially 1 phase of a galactic assault map, so heroes wouldn't be able to interact with "carrying" objectives anyways. Although Bossk and his ultimate defense kit doesnt sound to pleasing to deal with on Endor.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • maybe they can add it as an event and test it out first.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Have they fixed the starting issue yet? That’s why I don’t play it anymore.
  • Lagodaki
    466 posts Member
    edited February 19
    Blast is better ;)

Nobody really likes strike, extraction is more popular. So expect it to get new maps first.
    Post edited by Lagodaki on
  • DaxStorm wrote: »
    Have they fixed the starting issue yet? That’s why I don’t play it anymore.

What issue is that again?
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    DaxStorm wrote: »

This is the reason .Games easy to find Heroes inclusion would be a big old pile of Dogdoooze
  • Versatti
    1809 posts Member
    edited February 19
    In an ideal scenario players should be able to create custom versions of the smaller game modes, just like you can customise Arcade.

I’d also very much like some kind of party mix game tile that rotates extraction, strike, Ewok Hunt and blast together. Obviously with the originals still being accessible by their individual tiles.

This is the reasoning.

Yeah but what is the starting issue exactly? What do you mean by that?

pH

Strike is essentially 1 phase of a galactic assault map, so heroes wouldn't be able to interact with "carrying" objectives anyways. Although Bossk and his ultimate defense kit doesnt sound to pleasing to deal with on Endor.
    Lagodaki wrote: »
    Blast is better ;)

Nobody really likes strike, extraction is more popular. So expect it to get new maps first.

Blast is not really dead or abbandoned. Lots of people Play that. :open_mouth:
  • Yup. I stand corrected re heroes picking up the objective. :blush:

‘Nobody really likes Strike’

Sorry?!?! What tosh! lol

ph
    Yup. I stand corrected re heroes picking up the objective. :blush:

‘Nobody really likes Strike’

Sorry?!?! What tosh! lol

ph

Right?! I enjoy it quite a bit.

This is the reasoning.

The long term BUG where it requires an even no. Players on each side ....then the.next bug is random teleporting on spawn which gets more frequent with lag with is because EORMM is still on ....and so the spiral downwards. ..
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    Blast is better ;)

Blast od neither dead nor abbandoned tho. ;)

This is the reasoning.

The long term BUG where it requires an even no. Players on each side ....then the.next bug is random teleporting on spawn which gets more frequent with lag with is because EORMM is still on ....and so the spiral downwards. ..

Oh. Didnt even know that was a thing. :o
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    1742 posts Member
    edited February 19
    Hahah... title sounds like "since the mode is dead, just drop gimmicky heroes in it to finish it off". And does nothing to make it better...just attract Hero spammers.
  • Lagodaki
    466 posts Member
    edited February 19
    To everyone saying they enjoy strike, what I was saying before was, nobody really likes it enough for it to get special treatment. This game doesn't have a big development team working with it now.

Adding cheap heroes would definitely make me play.
    To everyone saying they enjoy strike, what I was saying before was, nobody really likes it enough for it to get special treatment. This game doesn't have a big development team working with it now.

This mode doesn’t need a few hero player to come boost the count a little and toss balance even more sideways. Weren’t you saying in another thread you don’t like playing the objective? Yeah, no thanks.

Remove reinforcements, add a few maps(huge stretch) and this mode will be fun again.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Fix the matching team numbers nonsense and strike wolly flourish again, people dont stay long when 7v8 games dont start for absolutely no reason whatsoever

Naivety in the extreme sorry. Attention is given to the game where there is an easy effort like events, chance to offer $priced Skins and unfortunately not bothering with fixing introduced bugs .

PS adding cheap Heroes would achieve the opposite. Enforcers are the 'cheap Heroes' why not pick them ?
  • Piscettios wrote: »

This mode doesn’t need a few hero player to come boost the count a little and toss balance even more sideways. Weren’t you saying in another thread you don’t like playing the objective? Yeah, no thanks.

Remove reinforcements, add a few maps(huge stretch) and this mode will be fun again.

One could argue that Strike is the mode in witch you are supposed to learn how to play with reinforcements before jumping to GA. Therefore it would make no sense to remove them.
  • CeymalRen
    890 posts Member
    edited February 19
    @F8RGE Any comments if this was tossed around with the team? As an event perhaps to test the waters?
  • bfloo
    14100 posts Member
    if they added a hero for each side, they'd need to pull the enforcers and aerials. The player count is too small
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    if they added a hero for each side, they'd need to pull the enforcers and aerials. The player count is too small

How mamy reinforcements are allowed in strike? A hero could share a slot with a reinforcement. All reinforcements taken - no heroes available.
  • I love Strike, it is my Cargo / Droid Run fix. Need more maps, the loading bug needs solving. I think out of all the modes (Blast aside) it is the one they got right from the beginning. Good variance in maps / objectives, they have just contrived to mess it up with the load / team balancing bug.

It now needs some TLC, come on Devs, rebel.....give us something that we want!
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Nice OP and thanks for explaining it out a little. But heroes have turned into the bane of balance and fun in this game IMO. They ruin GA more than make it a positive experience. Cannot see how having Bossk spawn trapping or Palps bouncing around would help this mode at all.

If anything for a quick fix, they should ditch the reinforcements and make it a straight up trooper mode. This game could certainly use ONE mode that is balanced and fair.

Agree 100% here. I'd rather Heroes didn't come into Strike. I can't stand Heroes in GA. They ruin the balance and flow of the match, turning into a frustrating grind to try and get the objective while being spam killed.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4692 posts Member
    edited February 19
    Piscettios wrote: »

"One could argue that Strike is the mode in witch you are supposed to learn how to play with reinforcements before jumping to GA. Therefore it would make no sense to remove them.

"One could argue that Strike is the mode in witch you are supposed to learn how to play with reinforcements before jumping to GA" ???? Can't see that one Reinforcements like heroes are Situational tactics. Strike to GA is not a progression.

"One could argue that Strike is the mode in witch you are supposed to learn how to play with reinforcements before jumping to GA. Therefore it would make no sense to remove them.

"One could argue that Strike is the mode in witch you are supposed to learn how to play with reinforcements before jumping to GA" ???? Can't see that one Reinforcements like heroes are Situational tactics. Strike to GA is not a progression.

It is as it used objectives on a smaller scale and Has no vehicles.

I think the last line of your post is the key to understanding this irrational suggestion.

I doubt anyone’s going to lose sleep over you not playing.

Strike is my favourite ground mode. I’d even theorise other Strike players play it because there’s no hero inclusion.

I’m pretty confident heroes would sound the death knell for Strike.

No thanks.

pH
  • Old_fella_1963
    4692 posts Member
    edited February 20

It is as it used objectives on a smaller scale and Has no vehicles.

Oh well that is very convincing :-) . Tactics are very mode dependent so there is little connection never mind the Maps. Bottom line is why have drop the skill level ( or give the seal clubbers more power ) on Extraction. I think we all can guess why you want the Heroes....unconvincing .

Based off your “I don’t play the objective in GA” thread, I think I and everybody else that plays Strike would rather you stayed away from the mode. I’m sure the GA players would feel the same. I guess there’s always Blast for players like you?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Lagodaki
    466 posts Member
    edited February 20
    Phyrebrat wrote: »

I think the last line of your post is the key to understanding this irrational suggestion.

I doubt anyone’s going to lose sleep over you not playing.

Strike is my favourite ground mode. I’d even theorise other Strike players play it because there’s no hero inclusion.

I’m pretty confident heroes would sound the death knell for Strike.

No thanks.

pH

I think you might lose sleep over me not playing, but whatever helps you sleep at night :)
  • I would certainly lose sleep if you turned up
    as a hero or a villain :wink:

pH