criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Luke's Force Push and Repulse Damage Output Against Enemy Heroes

PlayersPurity
309 posts Member
edited February 19
Currently Luke's Force Push deals 150 and Repulse 130 damage against regular troopers, but only 90 and 75 against enemy heroes. This is one of the reasons I think why the LS is weaker than the DS as every force user deal the same amount of damage against every class with their abilities except Luke. Like Obi Wan's Push deals a lot more damage when compared to Luke's against enemy heroes.

I know he is a fast hero and it may be a good thing he deals less damage with the two abilities, but come on, DICE! He deserves some love. Don't put him into Rey's and new heroes (except Anakin's) shadow, please- :unamused:
ho9vfbhaw30p.gif
Current Topics:
Staff Strike Guide
An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png
PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
- Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

Replies

• ZephanUnbound
    958 posts Member
    edited February 19
    Luke definitely needs a damage buff against Villains.
  • Raices
    1003 posts Member
    He should deal the same dmg to heroes too, doesn't makes sense how weak his force powers are against heroes.
  • Speaking of which, I think they should buff repulse to 150, and the reason is because it's a very lengthy animations, using that in GA exposes you so it should give some sort of incentives. And before saying I'm a hero lover and we shouldn't be calling buffs on heroes, that's 20 more DMG, yes it can one shoot basic troopers, but so does push which is way more spammable.

I 100% agree with this!
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
    - Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

• I think it's a mistake to say he's fast. Compare to palp, maul, dokuu, grievous....he is not faster.
    In fact he is average overall. Combined with his push which works 50% of the time this makes the LS much weaker compare to DS.
  • I agree his Push should deal more damage, and reduce the range, and the distance it throws you away. Is really ridiculous in an open map, you use push, and then run for half an hour to get to that player to continue fighting.
  • It's weird that both he and Yoda aren't dominant characters. They're both good, but far from dominant. Vader is about as powerful as he should be. Palpatine too. But how is it that Luke was strong enough to take Vader down one on one in Return of the Jedi, but on the game he's dramatically weaker than Vader is?

Giving both Luke and Yoda the buffs they deserve would go a long way in making the LS and DS more balanced. No way should Grievious be more powerful than Luke and Yoda.
  • Disney's/Lucasfilm's/EA's/DICE's response to all former and current posts calling for:
    Any reasonable (and obvious) buffing to the Light Side characters OR
    Any nerfing to any of the Dark Side characters...
    vs28dkmxj64h.gif
  • Drectuss
    51 posts Member
    edited February 20
    Yeah he definitely needs his abilities/saber damage to be buffed. Repulse damage just feels super weak for the risk it puts one at and his swing speed is tied with Vader, yet he can deal 135 damage per swing with focused rage up as opposed to Luke's 100. A "hit-and-run" hero should actually feel like he's impactful when he attacks his enemies unexpectedly. I mean a single shot from Han solo to the body does more damage than repulse, so does one Bossk mine, while Luke has to run out there and use a vulnerable animation for 75 damage. The argument that repulse hits multiple enemies is even worse, because you'll just take more damage if you use it against a group.
  • Luke has perfect everything, except damage
  • push, repulse, and rush all need A) a damage buff an B) need to work. There are times when I have been Luke (and on the hero side I almost exclusively play as Luke,) and the abilities do nothing, like I'll be literally close enough to another hero or infantry to actually touch them when Luke extends his hand for the push animation and nothing happens. As for rush, it works well against infantry but does little damage to heroes
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Drectuss wrote: »
    Yeah he definitely needs his abilities/saber damage to be buffed. Repulse damage just feels super weak for the risk it puts one at and his swing speed is tied with Vader, yet he can deal 135 damage per swing with focused rage up as opposed to Luke's 100. A "hit-and-run" hero should actually feel like he's impactful when he attacks his enemies unexpectedly. I mean a single shot from Han solo to the body does more damage than repulse, so does one Bossk mine, while Luke has to run out there and use a vulnerable animation for 75 damage. The argument that repulse hits multiple enemies is even worse, because you'll just take more damage if you use it against a group.

I have found the best combo is usually rush in with saber rush, repulse, and then scram. Of course, that doesn't matter when you get in the middle of a large group and the repulse either doesn't hit anybody although they are right next to you or it does the damage, just not the kbocking them over part.
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Lack of damage doesn't bother me that much, even if it could do the same to heroes as it does to troopers tbh.

He's very good at denying follow-ups to friendlies that get caught in enemy CC.

2 blaster heroes got frozen by Kylo but you were smart enough to guard? They're all coming at you guys now? Push them away.

Blaster heroes unfreeze without getting hit but enemies still coming? Repulse them to knock down and let blasters pick them off as they pick themselves up.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • This is how hero damage works:

New heroes - one hit kill, renegerate 1000 health
    Old heroes - 100 strikes to kill anyone
    Old heroes light side - don't bother trying to kill anything, they are designed to hide behind team mates
  • Luke definately needs a damage buff. Not to mention that his force powers are still unreliable. Force push still don't work as often as it should. It happens to me especially against hereos (probably coincidence). MANY times Vader/Grievous/Kylo/Dooku were swinging theirs lightsabers like mad (but not touching me) , and when I used push, nothing happened. Yesterday I was killed by Iden, cause she used droid exectly at the same time I used force push (or i did that even a little bit earlier). Ofc she stuned me, and took 90% of my health, and my push failed to do anything to her.

What **** me off the most is when the Dark Side is bugged, it's somehow bugged positivly. What I mean is, it actually helps them. Like Iden's droid RIDICULOUS cooldown. Or Palp's lightning, which CONSTANTLY breaks Jedi's block. Or Grievous thrust surge, which can kill mid air.

Sure, there are buggs which are not helping the dark side, like bossk's thermal vision bug, but these are usually minor issues.
  • I'd rather see his basic hits and Rush see a damage increase. As long as the damage doesn't reach or exceed 150 (why would it), then it'll have no meaningful change on the Galactic Assault crowd.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Maul is in a far worse state than Luke...
  • Maul is in a far worse state than Luke...

Please explain, Maul's throw will hit people clear to the side and sometimes behind and he can get out of scrapes with his spin attack, with Luke you're lucky if push and repulse even work,
  • I just want his abilities to be reliable, if no damage buff will be given. If his abilities work, he can be a force to be reckoned with (no pun intended) and really, I just want him to make a good teammate when Anakin drops, Anaking would be the powerhouse and Luke would be the hit and run