criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Anakin is the strongest lightside hero!

Prev1
850 base health, 140 base damage & 180 from behind, 350 base regen, the ability to break blocks & deal 180 damage, being able to deal 400 damage with heroic might & a better pull than kylo's. Is he not the chosen one??

Replies

• 850 base health, 140 base damage & 180 from behind, 350 base regen, the ability to break blocks & deal 180 damage, being able to deal 400 damage with heroic might & a better pull than kylo's. Is he not the chosen one??

He sounds like a game changer, his abilities sound amazing for crowds, I’ll be sure to use it always in benefit of the team instead of a newbie that will just saber smash.
  • Raices wrote: »
    He never reached is full potential tho, so he shouldn't be better than Luke, Yoda, Vader, Palps. By the looks of it, we got Starkiller instead.

Really?
  • Well :D he supose to be the chosen one :D
    He never reached is full potential tho, so he shouldn't be better than Luke, Yoda, Vader, Palps. By the looks of it, we got Starkiller instead.

I agree that from a lore perspective that Yoda, Vader, and Palpatine would be more skilled in Lightsaber combat and a greater control of the Force than Anakin.

However RotS Anakin would run in circles around RotJ Luke. I attribute Vader defeat more to failing health than to any great skill on Luke's part.

This. Also vader lost because he was conflicted if he never found out luke was never his son he would've murdered him

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Darth_Vapor3
    3453 posts Member
    edited February 22
    Raices wrote: »

I agree that from a lore perspective that Yoda, Vader, and Palpatine would be more skilled in Lightsaber combat and a greater control of the Force than Anakin.

However RotS Anakin would run in circles around RotJ Luke. I attribute Vader defeat more to failing health than to any great skill on Luke's part.

This. Also vader lost because he was conflicted if he never found out luke was never his son he would've murdered him

You know my thoughts on Anakin. Those notwithstanding, this is certainly true. The training and experience almost all Jedi received during the CW dwarfs anything Luke got during the period of the OT movies.

I also agree on Vader. It wasn’t failing health at all, but a conflicted heart on its way to redemption.
  • Raices
    1131 posts Member

I agree that from a lore perspective that Yoda, Vader, and Palpatine would be more skilled in Lightsaber combat and would have a greater control of the Force than Anakin.

However RotS Anakin would run in circles around RotJ Luke. I attribute Vader's defeat more to failing health than to any great skill on Luke's part.

The current Luke we have is the one after RotJ, which i believe is the strongest Jedi ever.

I agree that from a lore perspective that Yoda, Vader, and Palpatine would be more skilled in Lightsaber combat and would have a greater control of the Force than Anakin.

However RotS Anakin would run in circles around RotJ Luke. I attribute Vader's defeat more to failing health than to any great skill on Luke's part.

The current Luke we have is the one after RotJ, which i believe is the strongest Jedi ever.

The current luke is the rotj one. This isn't a 10 years later luke it's like 2 months after
  • 850 base health, 140 base damage & 180 from behind, 350 base regen, the ability to break blocks & deal 180 damage, being able to deal 400 damage with heroic might & a better pull than kylo's. Is he not the chosen one??

Where did you get this information from?

Are you kidding, Luke wasn't that strong at all even a youngling would reck him oh wait a second Ben swolo did!

You know my thoughts on Anakin. Those notwithstanding, this is certainly true. The training and experience almost all Jedi received during the CW dwarfs anything Luke got during the period of the OT movies.

I also agree on Vader. It wasn’t failing health at all, but a conflicted heart on its way to redemption.

Yeah it was his rage and darkside that kept him alive, once that's was cleansed it was inevitable that he would die
  • ZephanUnbound
    2016 posts Member
    edited February 22
    If those numbers are right, he might be a bit too OP. Why does he have more base health than Obi-Wan, who is supposed to be the tank character for the hero team? Why does his saber damage boosting card have no drawbacks like Grievous' does, when his saber damage is already very high at base? Why will his pull suck enemies directly in front him while Kylo's just throws people willy nilly, sometimes over Kylo's head, sometimes several meters in front of him?

Reddit & the chosen one sneak pic thing on here
  • No context is needed at all. Who was who at what time doesn’t matter at all. How they balance out against other heroes IN THE GAME is all that counts.

I’ll wait to give a real opinion here, but on paper, Anakin looks ridiculously OP.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • DarthJ
    6333 posts Member
    If those numbers are right, he might be a bit too OP. Why does he have more base health than Obi-Wan, who is supposed to be the tank character for the hero team?

Lets all wait to try him first before mentioning OP. Bad players are still gonna be bad with him. Good players could change the game with him
    PSN: ibrajoker59

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/129929/community-transmission-anakin-skywalker#latest
    PSN: DarthLano19
  • If those numbers are right, he might be a bit too OP. Why does he have more base health than Obi-Wan, who is supposed to be the tank character for the hero team?

Because he's the chosen one. Those numbers are right check reddit. He also has a,health card like vader so he can have 1000 health
  • Raices
    1131 posts Member

The current luke is the rotj one. This isn't a 10 years later luke it's like 2 months after

He's well represented then lol, RotJ Luke wasn't that strong at all.
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    6186 posts Member
    edited February 22

He's well represented then lol, RotJ Luke wasn't that strong at all.

Lmao

And yet, Obi-won sliced and diced him like raw chicken at a Chinese All-You-Can-Eat.

Once again, the Devs are always trying to create a new Ultimate Weapon, one which unbalances the rest of the game. Given the stats alone, I think they've succeeded. Looking forward to a Grunts-Only GA scenario or 10. I'm tired of low-level players just grabbing the nearest Hero/Villain and wrecking the whole progression of a 'team' effort on an objective.
  • They really Need to do something with Obi-Wan now, to not make him look like a youngling beside Anakin.
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    850 base health, 140 base damage & 180 from behind, 350 base regen, the ability to break blocks & deal 180 damage, being able to deal 400 damage with heroic might & a better pull than kylo's. Is he not the chosen one??

And yet, Obi-won sliced and diced him like raw chicken at a Chinese All-You-Can-Eat.

Once again, the Devs are always trying to create a new Ultimate Weapon, one which unbalances the rest of the game. Given the stats alone, I think they've succeeded. Looking forward to a Grunts-Only GA scenario or 10. I'm tired of low-level players just grabbing the nearest Hero/Villain and wrecking the whole progression of a 'team' effort on an objective.

Booooooooooooooo
  • GreenMarc wrote: »
    They really Need to do something with Obi-Wan now, to not make him look like a youngling beside Anakin.

This
  • ZephanUnbound
    2016 posts Member
    edited February 22
    If those numbers are right, he might be a bit too OP. Why does he have more base health than Obi-Wan, who is supposed to be the tank character for the hero team?

Because he's the chosen one. Those numbers are right check reddit. He also has a,health card like vader so he can have 1000 health

Hard to say without knowing info on his stamina amount and stamina regen speed and delay, but right now he sounds more tanky than Obi-Wan while also dealing more damage than Obi-Wan, which goes directly against what a DICE dev said about Anakin vs Obi-Wan earlier on.

I hope that DICE is planning some buffs for the other saber users if these numbers are true, because based on numbers alone, it seems like Anakin will be stronger than every saber villain in a 1v1 match-up by a fairly significant margin. He matches Vader in health (with and without a star card), does 20 more damage than Vader at base and even more with a star card, can break Vader's block once to deal 180 damage at base, more with a star card. Meanwhile he beats Grievous in health by 50 (200 with a star card), beats Grievous in damage by 10 (with and without star card presumably), should have more stamina than a damage boosted Grievous since Grievous damage star card increases stamina usage per swing. He has 100 more health than Dooku, 10 more base damage (more with a star card), 100 more health regen than Dooku.
  • Can't wait to stun-lock him, saber-track him with Grievous :smile:

Seriously though can't wait to get him, is going to be harder to pick him up than it was with Dooku, but fast connection and Xbox One X actually helps :blush:

Seriously though can't wait to get him, is going to be harder to pick him up than it was with Dooku, but fast connection and Xbox One X actually helps :blush:

Anakin absorbs all the damage & deals 400 damage & turns breaks your block 😂😂
  • Can wait to stinger pistol him to death 😂

PS4 Pro’s beat me every time with quick selection in HVV :(
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • His stats are pretty impressive when you consider that he's also going to have Star Cards.
  • Han's reaction to being overlooked as the most powerful LS hero yet again
    giphy.gif

Nah he's gotten replaced by anakin now. Anakin makes obi wan better as well. Mindtrick into passionate strike combo equal dead
  • ...So their solution was to make him utterly cheap?

Now I see why everyone was so adamant in proclaiming him to be gamechanger.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • DarthLando
    1020 posts Member
    edited February 22
    His stats are pretty impressive when you consider that he's also going to have Star Cards.
    His cards are already out & include increasing his base health, saber damage, & damage for all of his abilities. #ChosenOne
    PSN: DarthLano19

As he should be,

• KresusFIN wrote: »
    ...So their solution was to make him utterly cheap?

Rey's wallhacks is cheap. Stuns are cheap, anakin is a game changer for HvV which we needed
  • I think this fits the situation perfectly

• Darth_Vapor3
    3453 posts Member
    edited February 22
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    ...So their solution was to make him utterly cheap?

Rey's wallhacks is cheap. Stuns are cheap, anakin is a game changer for HvV which we needed
    I can’t wait to see this. Anakin will be target alpha for good DS teams. This new dynamic will be interesting.
  • He sounds like he'll be an awesome hero to play as, assuming he's not too buggy when he comes out. Fingers crossed but i'm looking forward too trying him out.
  • Yes and he's supposed to be, he should be stronger than Vader, since being in the suit actually made him weaker and less mobile.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    Yes and he's supposed to be, he should be stronger than Vader, since being in the suit actually made him weaker and less mobile.

The suit makimg him weak is old canon
    Yes and he's supposed to be, he should be stronger than Vader, since being in the suit actually made him weaker and less mobile.

Luke being his son too? Last time I checked the canon was him being weaker than the emperor with his suit.

Luke being his son too? Last time I checked the canon was him being weaker than the emperor with his suit.

After being burned alive yes but the suit doesn't make him weaker than his younger 22 year old self. He's stronger as vader than he ever was as anakin

After being burned alive yes but the suit doesn't make him weaker than his younger 22 year old self. He's stronger as vader than he ever was as anakin

Lucas has always been clear about this, maybe you are referring to some Disney innovation I don't know about, anyway compare him in ROTS with ROTJ and you can clearly see who is stronger.

Lucas has always been clear about this, maybe you are referring to some Disney innovation I don't know about, anyway compare him in ROTS with ROTJ and you can clearly see who is stronger.

Darth Vader is clearly stronger than anakin. Comics, rogue one & rebels show her far stronger