criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

4 Abilities for Anakin? And the lightsaber turning ON and OFF button?

@F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne
You hard coded the Lightsaber turning on/off button to the Lower Ability button. We players can't change that on the Key Mapping options (I believe console users are even worse in this front).

So, how we will turn Anakin's Saber on and off? Or will he turn the saber on or off everytime he uses his lower ability?
Tired of BUGs?
giphy.gif
Well, they'll still exist.
But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• Square & x on console & i believe they said 2 on keyboard
  • His ultimate is mapped to Y/Triangle/2. We've changed the saber ignition button to X/Square/G.
  • hsf_
    1817 posts Member
    I've never understood why lightsaber on/off mattered tbh.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    I've never understood why lightsaber on/off mattered tbh.

You'd be surprised how little people pay attention to the giant red dot on their minimap, so it adds a bit covertness for you. And vehicle players will also have a harder time tracking you without the glowing indicator while you're on the move.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • @Thechosen1_anakin
    Thanks for the answer, but I wish they answer me with more detail.

Before the lightsaber turning on/off was HARDCODED into the 4th ability button, just like the toggle zoom distance is hardcoded into the Melee Button. Not sure how this works on Consoles, but on PC this means we can't change these without changing the one they're hardcoded into. So technically, the 4th ability button needs to be the same of the lightsaber turning on/off, and the toggle zoom distance must be the same as the melee. If we change one, we change both.

I wish they separate these so we can define them independently. But I hardly believe they'll do so.

@hsf_
    It matters a lot because your lightsaber is far easier to spot then your character model. It can even shine beyond your position, allowing others to see where you are even if your character model is completely hidden from them (near a door, or behind a thin wall). Especially in HvV where heroes aren't constantly marked in the map. Besides that, a saber color can even give them an idea of which hero is there, even if they can't say by just looking at the exposed model (too far, only a small part, etc.).

I'm always turning my saber off every match I play, constantly. If I'm not fighting, I turn my saber off.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • hsf_
    1817 posts Member
    @Thechosen1_anakin

Before the lightsaber turning on/off was HARDCODED into the 4th ability button, just like the toggle zoom distance is hardcoded into the Melee Button. Not sure how this works on Consoles, but on PC this means we can't change these without changing the one they're hardcoded into. So technically, the 4th ability button needs to be the same of the lightsaber turning on/off, and the toggle zoom distance must be the same as the melee. If we change one, we change both.

I wish they separate these so we can define them independently. But I hardly believe they'll do so.

@hsf_
    It matters a lot because your lightsaber is far easier to spot then your character model. It can even shine beyond your position, allowing others to see where you are even if your character model is completely hidden from them (near a door, or behind a thin wall). Especially in HvV where heroes aren't constantly marked in the map. Besides that, a saber color can even give them an idea of which hero is there, even if they can't say by just looking at the exposed model (too far, only a small part, etc.).

I'm always turning my saber off every match I play, constantly. If I'm not fighting, I turn my saber off.

Fair enough, I guess it's only really useful in GA then?
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    @Thechosen1_anakin

@hsf_

Both ish. It's an advantage, more so against the untrained eye.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • hsf_
    1817 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »
    @Thechosen1_anakin

@hsf_

Both ish. It's an advantage, more so against the untrained eye.

So in a game where you're playing against organised players, it's useless?
  • @hsf_
    It matters more in HvV IMO, because they don't see any dots in the radar.

And it isn't useless against organised players, but they certainly are more aware of their surroundings. But even them may fail to spot you running in the shadow while they certainly would see if a bright green/blue/red shine was moving in the shadow.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif