criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Hero balance suggestions

Smattonellus
839 posts Member
edited October 17
Balance is when everything is useful/viable compared to everything else, or at least counters do exist and are counterable on their own.

The right approach to this topic then is tweaking all heroes so to put them on the same level. And have each and everyone of them to play a role in (possibly) every mode.
Tweaks meaning: nerfs, buffs, reworks.

When balancing heroes though, some attention to troopers is needed, heroes can't be gods and become unkillable, so they should stay around the current power to avoid steamrolling the grunts.

I'm no game designer myself so reworks is not something I'd touch, but have some ideas for the rest.

Edit: everything here is out of date
Post edited by Smattonellus on

Replies

• Smattonellus
    839 posts Member
    Luke:
    100 saber DMG, 200 HP regeneration and 750 HP.

-His survivability in GA is still a bit lacking, especially compared to heroes with high HP regeneration (base or star card), permanent damage is a common occurrence, raise it up to 250, not a huge change but definitely useful.
    OR
    Increase the effects on his HoK.
    Trooper HoK: 30
    Hero HoK: 135

-Repulse is a high risk low reward ability, it has a long animation that exposes Luke to a lot of blaster fire, and to top it all is extremely unreliable.
    Increase it's damage to 150 (both hero and trooper). And speed up the animation by a little bit(very little) to make it worthwhile.
    OR
    Damage reduction during the animation, since Obi got it for his all out push, that isn't off the charts.

-Last but not least, force powers should work 100%.

That's all for him.
  • Smattonellus
    839 posts Member
    Finn:
    Strong DMG output, and huge utility. Slow and easy to pick.

-One thing I notice is the activation speed of deadeye, the animation is so slow that using it while under attack often results in losing half the health bar before being able to shoot, tweaking this aspect could easily make him far stronger against villains, I'd say bring it down to at least half the time it currently takes(no need for a new animation, just speed up the current one).

-Often the only thing standing beetwen Finn and much saber induced pain is big deal, but that easily becomes his doom if he moves at a snail pace, remove the movement debuff from it and he could stand a chance at survival.

This is everything for Finn, as I feel he's a really good character but limited by his lack of responses to saber users.
  • Smattonellus
    839 posts Member
    Chewbacca:
    A slow character thought for close combat, but has an abysmal base HP regeneration. A mighty warrior shouldn't be damaged so easily.

-He needs a true HoK card.

-His base HP regeneration is only 150, too low for a hero and this is even mor true for a Wookie tank hero. Raise it up to 300, even 350 wouldn't be bad since he is tank and would respect his theme.

That's everything for our walking carpet, his DMG values post nerf are still good.
  • Smattonellus
    839 posts Member
    Lando:
    Has always been a good character, until sabers became too good.

-Smoke screen in its current iteration it's just useless, without (even with IMO) the thickness star card it's easy to see through, and the commando droid's does a lot of stuff his doesn't, and he's a Hero.
    Commando droid's effects should be given to it too.
    Welcome to cloud city star card should be default, and its slot used for something more useful.
  • Smattonellus
    839 posts Member
    Leia:
    Good across the board but abilities thst just aren't impactful.

- Flash grenade should have the slowing effect/animation back.
    The reveal star card should be made default.

-Squad shield ranges from not so great in GA to garbage in HvV.
    A small buff to promote its usage would be giving it a recharge time buff inside its bubble.
    The star card to replace reveal could give a small damage reduction inside squad shield, like 5%,10%,15%,20%. (It would seem useless but it's something to give shield utility against sabers)
  • Smattonellus
    839 posts Member
    Han, Obi Wan, Rey, Yoda.

Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, Palpatine, Boba, Darth Maul, Iden Version.

Nothing to report here
    n45xx3gylsdt.jpeg
  • Smattonellus
    839 posts Member
    Dooku:
    He's a good hero counter, against multiple enemies he is at a disadvantage though.

-Since he is a duelist he shouldn’t be excellent at dispatching groups of troopers, but he could have some help in that regard by removing damage splitting on shock. Not a huge change but helpful.
  • Smattonellus
    839 posts Member
    edited March 8
    Grievous, a tough one, he's got high damage but two abilities that are situational at best, still he dominates in HvV, but if the saber combat update will make impossible attacking with depleted stamina, this will fix itself and may even call for a buff.

What he ain't great at though is GA, on paper he one shots troopers and should be strong, in fact he dies pretty quickly, the most obvious reason being his low deflect stamina(but he isn't a Jedi, not saying this should be buffed).

-I think the only reliable mean to survive in GA is claw rush, high damage, high HP regen and decent health aren't all that influential, but claw rush delivers, I'd try to reduce its CD by a solid 20%.
  • Smattonellus
    839 posts Member
    edited February 26
    Phasma, not that bad in HvV(only because of her turret), bad to really bad in GA, what she needs the most is HoK and a non useless ability.

-HoK, I know she's got a HP buff and a very good one at that, but her health will deplete, and if she gets caught by a hero in GA just say goodbye, I admit a regular one may be overkill though, so give her a half value one, meaning 10 HP on trooper kill and 50(purple) on hero kill.
    -her staff needs speed, lunge and stagger, think of it as a lightsaber attack on cooldown. Right now is useless, but if it worked more like a saber attack could be quite the strong instrument.
    -this may or not be a good idea, but try increase her blaster DMG by exactly 1 point, her rate of fire is sufficiently high to make it a significant increase.

That is all as far as Phasma goes, I don't feel her turret should be changed, it has a high cooldown and in HvV you often have to reposition, in GA it isn't all that great asset.

Edit: patch notes for stun nerf came out. IMO this shouldn't hinder her turret that much, 3.5 seconds of immunity don't make a difference, since her turret already had a cooldown to stun the same person more than once.
  • Smattonellus
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2
    For now this is everything for the dark side, the difference to to LS is that some of the characters I didn't name may need nerfs shouldn't the ones I said suffice:

-Boba Fett, good(may need future nerfs)
    -Darth Vader, good
    -Darth Maul, good
    -Kylo Ren, decent
    -Iden Versio, very good(may need future nerfs

I plan to keep updating this post as we see tweaks or when I get some better ideas.
  • For anybody who'd like to share his view, feel free to do it, only thing keep it ordered (use paragraphs etc...)