criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Getting Stuck Anywhere with Anyone! Always After a Dodge! [BUG of the Week: Dodge Stuck BUG]

RogueZeroRendar
906 posts Member
edited March 5
Proceeding with this series, now I bring one of the most infuriating BUGs that was introduced into the game not long ago, the Dodge Stuck BUG:

If you have experienced this BUG, please share your experience here. Video of this BUG happening is also very welcome. I'll gladly send this evidence to their BUG reporting forum.

And if you want to help where it matters the most, head over to answers HQ and share your experience there. Here is the link to this report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Dodge-Stuck-BUG-Getting-Stuck-Anywhere-With-Anyone/m-p/7341352
Tired of BUGs?
giphy.gif
Well, they'll still exist.
But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
Post edited by RogueZeroRendar on

Replies

• thelasteverjedi
    1500 posts Member
    edited February 25
    i have been gettng stuck on flat places with no objects. any maps. can't move to the point of needing to respawn. many times as heroes on a streak.
  • Getting stuck inside walls, small grooves, or literally inside the map that you can't escape is worse, having to respawn just makes you wan't to shut off for the night. Happens during knockdowns, rag dolls, jumping, and especially with mauls dash attacks.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • i have been gettng stuck on flat places with no objects. any maps. can't move to the point of needing to respawn. many times as heroes on a streak.

That is exactly the BUG I exposed in this video. They created this BUG not long ago, and at first people thought it was a bad collision BUG, but unlike that one, this BUG happens in many places that don't have any collision stopping you from moving. And it always behave by making your character model stuck in place, only the upper part of the body rotates slightly when you turn around.

Besides that most abilities don't work, you can't dodge or jump, but you may block. After some time many animations start working again, but besides that everything stays the same, you keep stuck in place, and can't use abilities nor dodge or jump.
    Getting stuck inside walls, small grooves, or literally inside the map that you can't escape is worse, having to respawn just makes you wan't to shut off for the night. Happens during knockdowns, rag dolls, jumping, and especially with mauls dash attacks.

Yeah you can get stuck in this game due to a multitude of reasons. One is this BUG, as I described above and in the video. Another is by ragdolling around and for some strange reason not leaving the ragdoll state. Another is by getting into a bad collision spot and not being able to get out. These are the 3 most common causes to get stuck in this game: Dodge Stuck BUG, Ragdoll BUG, Bad Collision BUG
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)