criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Buff Obi-Wan

While I think obi is a good hero he could use a slight buff here & there. Obi-Wan should have a base health of 800 like his counterpart general grevious. His mindtrick should come with 90% damage reduction during the animation, this move isn't used in galactic assault at all because he will just get lit up performing it. Mindtrick should also cancel out abilities that are in use. I.e bossk mines, idens shield, phasma droids, vaders choke, & kylo's freeze . Lightsaber users block should also drain faster while influenced by kenobi. Currently saber users can wait his move out by just blocking. His mindtrick should also be faster, currently it's just to slow. Defensive rush should reflect all blaster fire at the attacker with pinpoint accuracy. See video on what it currently does

Defensive rush should have a speed comparable to rey's dash strike & the finisher should be faster as well. It's just to slow & often times has a delay affect with it.

All out push should be able to be used in the air. You could even put a twist on it & have it charge faster while in the air. If no to that his push should grant him 90% damage reduction while on the ground. Other than that his push is fine. Equip the quickened focus card & it's a pretty useful move.

Lastly, his swing speed & animation needs a buff its just to slow & clunky.
I like Obi-Wan but compared to the other 3 heros he's lacking. Anakin, dooku, & grevious have things that set them apart while obi doesn't have anything.

Replies

• With how OP Anakin is shaping up to be, I doubt this would be a good move.
  • Generally agree with most of this but not the part when mindtrick cancelling abilities. It is OK avoiding abilities to be used. Otherwise he would spam the ability breaking any strategy of the enemy team i.e. HvsV, resulting in a truly OP changer of the game.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Generally agree with most of this but not the part when mindtrick cancelling abilities. It is OK avoiding abilities to be used. Otherwise he would spam the ability breaking any strategy of the enemy team i.e. HvsV, resulting in a truly OP changer of the game.

Just an idea. Then again the darkside has so many game changers I don't think it would be bad
  • Mmmm and besides, Defensive Rush must have high damage reduction, its deflecting accuracy its ok because is DEFENSIVE, but it should not be interrupted, again, to be an effective DEFENSE.

So, shorter animations (faster animations), more base health, damage reduction for Mindtrick and Defensive Rush and Defensive Rush not interruptible and I think he could be the best Obi Wan.
  • And please, please, PLEASE BUFF LUKE !!
    Mmmm and besides, Defensive Rush must have high damage reduction, its deflecting accuracy its ok because is DEFENSIVE, but it should not be interrupted, again, to be an effective DEFENSE.

So, shorter animations (faster animations), more base health, damage reduction for Mindtrick and Defensive Rush and Defensive Rush not interruptible and I think he could be the best Obi Wan.

But grevious can deflect better than obi-wan & obi is supposed to be a defensive master. Agree with everything else
    And please, please, PLEASE BUFF LUKE !!

This. hopefully he's getting buffed like kylo in 2 days
  • I see your buff, and raise you 3 nerfs instead

Devs said that? When? Where?
    Liz4rD wrote: »

Devs said that? When? Where?

upbdpq3qaop9.jpg
  • Legolas79391
    687 posts Member
    edited February 26
    Not negating other propositions, but first I'd simply remove mind trick in favor of something like saber throw or a self buff. Mindtrick is only usefull when sneak used and only for people without block (Boba excluded) and it's pretty much a death sentence for them. Also it's hard to sneak on people, when Obi Wan talks 24/7. I'd also add to his defense card extra damage to his slashes against opponents, who just hit Obi Wan's block, 'cause why not?

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• I support your idea of swapping abilities, Legolas. I have also been thinking about such things. If it's me I would swap the mind trick OR the rush ability to another, but I surely wouldn't swap both. Obi-Wan's push ability is fine, however it could also use some buff (radius increase, dmg increase to about 250 when fully charged, and block-breaking when max charged, too).
    My problem with mind trick is that now it's almost useless against saber villains cause they just block or jump until the effect ends. If the ability would be buffed so it would disable blocking, jumping, dodging etc. then the problem would be that the villains would be killed too easily. So none of the two cases is good.
    The rush ability is inefficient, too, also because of the blocking saber villains. However it could be better if it would be buffed (faster movement, dmg increase, block-breaking final strike).
    In the case of swapping the mind trick, I would apply maybe a Force Repulse (or something like this) to its place. (similar to Luke's or Anakin's, with 250-300 base dmg, 360 degree).
    Or in the case of the rush-swapping, I would give Obi the Lightsaber Throw you have mentioned Legolas (200 base dmg).