criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Since you are nerfing Lando's stun so much, you need to give him some other buffs to balance

awakespace
887 posts Member
edited February 26
He wasn't overpowered - I know some were complaining about his stun - but now he will have a very hard time up close

In order to balance him I suggest:
  • Make his blaster an actual sniper - make it have less recoil and less damage drop off
  • Give him some sort of advantage with his smoke grenade - like make enemies move slower in it or take more damage - or make it heal Lando slightly

Replies

• He is a blaster hero. Up close combat isnt his thing.
  • CorpseMaker77
    434 posts Member
    edited February 26
    I think if they just increase the base damage for his pistol a little bit it would be fine. I mean when he stuns someone and unload his cartridge up close the pistol is good, but at longer distance it's the weakest blast shot compared to Han and Leia's.
  • Probably increase base damage close range by a bit, and increase damage long range by a lot
  • awakespace wrote: »
    He wasn't overpowered - I know some were complaining about his stun - but now he will have a very hard time up close

• Make his blaster an actual sniper - make it have less recoil and less damage drop off
    • Give him some sort of advantage with his smoke grenade - like make enemies move slower in it or take more damage - or make it heal Lando slightly

Yes to the first.

The smoke grenade does have a very obscure advantage.

It seems to actually negate Heatseeker **** if you're dodgerolling around inside it when some dumb R2R2R2R2 kid is trying his utmost to solve his problems with 1 button.

I'll admit his smoke has to be single handedly the wrost ability in the game. Smoke grenades never work out in third person games. You can see right through the smoke and if someone is aiming in your general direction they can see your hero symbol over your head. It has little to no use

His "thing" is to shoot you in the head. Most tend to do that up close
  • ZephanUnbound
    1470 posts Member
    edited February 27
    +1 from me. Seriously, what were the devs thinking nerfing his stun without buffing him in other ways. Lando's stun is his biggest tool in HvV, when it is on cooldown he becomes the weakest blaster hero overall in HvV. His damage output is just bad, 40 per shot (25 per shot at longer ranges) is piddly when the recoil prevents him from firing at full speed accurately at longer distances. This update is going to make him the worst Hero pick in the game for HvV imo, even worse than Finn.

My ideas for buffing him to fix the mess that this patch will create:

Blaster Changes
    -Increase his blaster damage from 40 per shot to 50 per shot at close range and from 25 per shot to 35 per shot at long range.

-Increase the distance where his damage starts to falloff from 20 meters to 30 meters, since it is called a sniper pistol. Keep the maximum falloff at 50 meters.

-Slightly decrease the recoil per shot so that he can fire full speed with more accuracy at longer ranges.

Smoke Grenade Changes
    -Increase the base size and thickness of the cloud of smoke to the level that the 2 star cards currently boost it to.

-Remove the red UI icon over Lando's and his allies heads for enemies who are trying to see them through the smoke.

-Have the smoke cause inhalation damage to enemies that are inside of it, at half the damage rate of Boskk's Dioxis Grenade.

Star Card Changes
    -Replace the star cards that boosts the size and thickness of the smoke cloud with a card that increases Lando's max health regen by 25/50/75/100.
    Post edited by ZephanUnbound on
  • Why they are modifying things and things that the community was not asking for?
    And why they are doing things that the community is mainly against?

Again sooner there will be no more people to work on this game better it is.
    They are able to mess things that work perfectly.
  • I would seek these changes:

Blaster:

- Increase Damage falloff range from 20 to 30 meters.
    - Increase Long range damage from 25 to 30 or 35 damage per shot. It IS a sniper pistol after all.
    - Reduce recoil and spread to allow for more accurate rapid fire at mid range.

Detonator:

- Revert .2 seconds of the stun duration nerf (up from 1 second to 1.2 seconds).
    - Reduce stun radius by 1.5 to better align with the size depicted by the explosion.

Smoke Grenade:

- Prevents enemies inside it from sprinting.
    - Prevents enemy name and icon from appearing when people (opposing team) inside the smoke aim out of it.

Star Cards:

- Change Quick Shock to 25% bonus stun duration at purple level. I felt that this card was more of a problem than the base stun and was just a hair too good compared to many other choices.
    - Change Hot & Cold from 150 extra health to 25/50/75/100 extra health regeneration.
    - Increase Smoke Grenade card radius increase to 10/15/20/25%.

Health:
    - Increase Lando's base health by 100 to compensate for the loss of most of Hot & Cold's health (not 150 as he no longer needs a star card for the boost).

This would help make Lando a bit less stun happy than pre-nerf but boost his mid range performance and smoke grenade utility. Also gives him a regen star card and slightly improves/alters his star card selection without simply depending on extra health and Quick Shock.
  • bfloo
    14061 posts Member
    Evo911 wrote: »
    Why they are modifying things and things that the community was not asking for?

We've been complaining about stuns since day 1.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

That's not helpful when Boba Fett, Palpatine, General Grievous and Darth Maul all move faster than he can.
  • +1 from me. Seriously, what were the devs thinking nerfing his stun without buffing him in other ways. Lando's stun is his biggest tool in HvV, when it is on cooldown he becomes the weakest blaster hero overall in HvV. His damage output is just bad, 40 per shot (25 per shot at longer ranges) is piddly when the recoil prevents him from firing at full speed accurately at longer distances. This update is going to make him the worst Hero pick in the game for HvV imo, even worse than Finn.

Blaster Changes
    -Increase his blaster damage from 40 per shot to 55 per shot at close range and from 25 per shot to 40 per shot at long range.

-Increase the distance where his damage starts to falloff from 20 meters to 30 meters, since it is called a sniper pistol. Keep the maximum falloff at 50 meters.

-Slightly decrease the recoil per shot so that he can fire full speed with more accuracy at longer ranges.

Smoke Grenade Changes
    -Increase the base size and thickness of the cloud of smoke to the level that the 2 star cards currently boost it to.

-Remove the red icon over Lando's and his allies heads for enemies who are trying to see them through the smoke.

-Have the smoke cause inhalation damage to enemies that are inside of it, at half the damage rate of Boskk's Dioxis Grenade.

Star Card Changes
    -Replace the star cards that boost the size and thickness of the smoke cloud with cards that increase Lando's max health regen by 25/50/75/100 and reduce the heat build-up of Lando's gun by 15/20/25/30%

I like this a lot - although the damage buff may be a bit too much

• JediJulius wrote: »
    I would seek these changes:

Blaster:

- Increase Damage falloff range from 20 to 30 meters.
    - Increase Long range damage from 25 to 30 or 35 damage per shot. It IS a sniper pistol after all.
    - Reduce recoil and spread to allow for more accurate rapid fire at mid range.

Detonator:

- Revert .2 seconds of the stun duration nerf (up from 1 second to 1.2 seconds).
    - Reduce stun radius by 1.5 to better align with the size depicted by the explosion.

Smoke Grenade:

- Prevents enemies inside it from sprinting.
    - Prevents enemy name and icon from appearing when people (opposing team) inside the smoke aim out of it.

Star Cards:

- Change Quick Shock to 25% bonus stun duration at purple level. I felt that this card was more of a problem than the base stun and was just a hair too good compared to many other choices.
    - Change Hot & Cold from 150 extra health to 25/50/75/100 extra health regeneration.
    - Increase Smoke Grenade card radius increase to 10/15/20/25%.

Health:
    - Increase Lando's base health by 100 to compensate for the loss of most of Hot & Cold's health (not 150 as he no longer needs a star card for the boost).

This would help make Lando a bit less stun happy than pre-nerf but boost his mid range performance and smoke grenade utility. Also gives him a regen star card and slightly improves/alters his star card selection without simply depending on extra health and Quick Shock.

I like this too

Lots of good ideas here devs
  • Meh. Didn't even notice the change. Still just a good.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
    +1 from me. Seriously, what were the devs thinking nerfing his stun without buffing him in other ways. Lando's stun is his biggest tool in HvV, when it is on cooldown he becomes the weakest blaster hero overall in HvV. His damage output is just bad, 40 per shot (25 per shot at longer ranges) is piddly when the recoil prevents him from firing at full speed accurately at longer distances. This update is going to make him the worst Hero pick in the game for HvV imo, even worse than Finn.

Blaster Changes
    -Increase his blaster damage from 40 per shot to 55 per shot at close range and from 25 per shot to 40 per shot at long range.

Smoke Grenade Changes

-Remove the red icon over Lando's and his allies heads for enemies who are trying to see them through the smoke.

Star Card Changes
    -Replace the star cards that boost the size and thickness of the smoke cloud with cards that increase Lando's max health regen by 25/50/75/100 and reduce the heat build-up of Lando's gun by 15/20/25/30%

I like this a lot - although the damage buff may be a bit too much

Yeah, I think you're right, so I will reduce it a bit.
  • bfloo wrote: »

OK. Honestly never though this was major when comparing to a lot of other characters which needs really adjustment...
    asking to nerf someone which is not OP and moreover on the LS which is overall weak against the DS will automatically causes problem behind.
  • bfloo
    14061 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

OK. Honestly never though this was major when comparing to a lot of other characters which needs really adjustment...
    asking to nerf someone which is not OP and moreover on the LS which is overall weak against the DS will automatically causes problem behind.

I'm not saying this was the best way to fix it, but we have complained about stuns across the board.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

his blaster is extremely powerful, I would not like an UP of his damage, I would like an up of his smoke grenade.
    Basic, it should have an effect like the blazing boba rocket for the enemy who are inside plus this for these 2 star cards

mj447oct5dce.jpg
    1fasi7xtzqti.jpg

• ghawar18 wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »

his blaster is extremely powerful, I would not like an UP of his damage, I would like an up of his smoke grenade.
    Basic, it should have an effect like the blazing boba rocket for the enemy who are inside plus this for these 2 star cards

I disagree there. It has the lowest damage per shot of any primary blaster on the hero team, and though it does have a really high rate of fire to help compensate for that, it also has a fair amount of recoil which hurts it's accuracy when rapid fired at anything longer than close range, and it overheats quite quickly when firing it fast. It definitely needs a bit more damage per shot (especially at longer ranges since it is a sniper pistol), a bit less recoil so you can fire it quickly at longer ranges, and the ability to fire a few more shots before overheating imo.
  • His blaster needs a slight buff after the reduced stun. A slowing effect to enemy players in his smoke screen is also a solid idea.
  • Disney's/Lucasfilm's/EA's/DICE's response to all former and current posts calling for:
    Any reasonable (and obvious) buffing to the Light Side characters OR
    Any nerfing to any of the Dark Side characters...
    vs28dkmxj64h.gif

• He needs a blaster rework with this stun nerf. More damage at all ranges.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • He needs a blaster rework with this stun nerf. More damage at all ranges.

A near-complete recoil elimination wouldn't be a bad thing either imo.
  • Evo911 wrote: »

The commnuity asked for stun fixes and got them. Barely anyone SPECIFIED what stun exaclty and were pretty vague on top of that, so they just looked at the gameplay statistics. Lando is definitely used more consistently than Iden or Chewbacca in HvV due to them being higher tier blaster heroes in GA over Lando.