criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

So you nerfed stuns except for kylo's & idens

Are you serious? Fix idens droid batteries card & kylo's freeze should not be 5 seconds. His freeze should be 2 seconds & that's it

Replies

• TjPunx
    1599 posts Member
    Iden is fine. I do agree with you on Kylo though
  • TjPunx wrote: »

No it's not. The droid batteries card is broken
  • This is only being done because they expect your boy Ani to always be present in HvV matches.

Great way to balance things 👌🏻
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    This is only being done because they expect your boy Ani to always be present in HvV matches.

Pathetic.
  • I am legit baffled by this myself. Why in the world has Iden's droid battery glitch not been fixed yet after multiple patches. For those unaware, the star card description says that it should reduce the cooldown by 25% from 20 seconds to 15 seconds, but it actually reduces it from 20 seconds to 5 seconds. How can the devs think that a stun with a 5 second cooldown is fair?

As for Kylo's Freeze, how can the devs possibly think that is ok for there to be an ability that lets you get shot by blaster fire for 5 seconds with no way to defend yourself?

Darth Vader's choke duration also needs to be shortened, if there is a blaster villain running with Vader in HvV you can lose almost all of your health due to how long it lasts.

And then they nerfed Lando's stun, the only thing he had going for him in HvV, without buffing him in other ways to compensate, such as buffing his damage from maybe 40 per shot to 55 per shot, or making his smoke grenade useful. Lando just dropped all the way to bottom tier in HvV alongside Finn in my eyes, and even Finn is arguably better now.

Answer is easy: because they just HAD to make Ani so good, because reasons that don’t exist in game balancing. ‘He’s the chosen one’. 😑
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I am legit baffled by this myself. Why in the world has Iden's droid battery glitch not been fixed yet after multiple patches. For those unaware, the star card description says that it should reduce the cooldown by 25% from 20 seconds to 15 seconds, but it actually reduces it from 20 seconds to 5 seconds. How can the devs think that a stun with a 5 second cooldown is fair?

As for Kylo's Freeze, how can the devs possibly think that is ok for there to be an ability that lets you get shot by blaster fire for 5 seconds with no way to defend yourself?

Darth Vader's choke duration also needs to be shortened, if there is a blaster villain running with Vader in HvV you can lose almost all of your health due to how long it lasts.

And then they nerfed Lando's stun, the only thing he had going for him in HvV, without buffing him in other ways to compensate, such as buffing his damage from maybe 40 per shot to 55 per shot, or making his smoke grenade useful. Lando just dropped all the way to bottom tier in HvV alongside Finn in my eyes, and even Finn is arguably better now.

Agree with everything except the vader part
  • awakespace
    1194 posts Member
    edited February 26

This is what has me most bothered - Lando just got a major nerf and wasn't overpowered - he was good - they need to increase his viability in the ways you described. I suggest more damage, less recoil, and less damage drop off (it is a "sniper" pistol after all). And adding either damage increase or slowed movement to enemies in his smoke, or a healing capacity for Lando if he stands in it.

The other thing they aren't taking into account with Lando is that to trigger his stun is a two step process, which makes it harder to use. All other stun users can trigger their stun in one click.
    This is only being done because they expect your boy Ani to always be present in HvV matches.

Ani? Little Ani? Nah...
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• They don't even try to balance anymore, it's just straight up nerfs
  • Agreed. Ridiculous nerfing Lando, even good 'ol Palps, but Freeze and droid batteries are still broken.

And according to their info, stun immunity does not apply to Kylo's freeze. So you can still get frozen for 5 seconds, shot in the face at Iden's leisure, then zapped by Iden's droid again right after :neutral:
  • TjPunx
    1599 posts Member
    Agreed. Ridiculous nerfing Lando, even good 'ol Palps, but Freeze and droid batteries are still broken.

And according to their info, stun immunity does not apply to Kylo's freeze. So you can still get frozen for 5 seconds, shot in the face at Iden's leisure, then zapped by Iden's droid again right after :neutral:

Love doing that
  • First thing I noticed was the lack of any nerf to Kylo's broken-since-launch Freeze. But yeah, lets nerf the crap out of Lando's ONLY advantage in HvV. Keep disappointing, Dice. It's what you do best.
  • I'd like to say I'm stunned by them doing this, but nothing shocks me anymore.
  • Admiral_Xen
    2757 posts Member
    edited February 26
    Predicted this. Iden doesn't really need her stun (other than for heal) and Kylo's will always be insta-death if there's a blaster with eyes on so long as it's at least 2 seconds and doesn't break on damage.

Lando's totally dependent on stun tho and Chewie though viable without is pretty mediocre.

Another nerf to LS in HvV :D
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• Insane buffs to Kylo but didn't touch what made him truly broken.

I love that the stun immunity is so short to the point it doesn't even matter for Iden spamming it.

I'm over caring about Vader and Choke at this point. Wasted too much breath over it.

Power gap keeps getting wider and wider between Luke and other sabers.

Like goddamn Guillaume.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • jt9h5f40r81x.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Kylo’s freeze is fine. It’s blockable and “rollable” and any touch finishes the freezing(except blaster fire) if there is such defences against a force power, it must be a heavy punishment for those who fail to do so. Make it an unblockable or at least “unrollable” then maybe you can shorten the time but always remember that you're thinking about the attack. it is a power that also helps him escape and in this point of view, it's just enough.

On the other hand, well Iden... I think the time to use his droid should be increased she should do this less frequently.
    What could be the big news? The big news for me is that Anakin Skywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi are said to be definitively playable in the future. Unfortunately, the fact that these two are coming to the game is now considered the big news. While these are the foundation stones of the Star Wars universe. Very sad.
  • I'd like to say I'm stunned by them doing this, but nothing shocks me anymore.

I see what you did there
    jt9h5f40r81x.jpeg

This pops in my head right away :lol:
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    Insane buffs to Kylo but didn't touch what made him truly broken.

I love that the stun immunity is so short to the point it doesn't even matter for Iden spamming it.

I'm over caring about Vader and Choke at this point. Wasted too much breath over it.

Power gap keeps getting wider and wider between Luke and other sabers.

Like goddamn Guillaume.

They hate luke
  • Supreme Leader Kylo! Its about time...
  • Disney's/Lucasfilm's/EA's/DICE's response to all former and current posts calling for:
    Any reasonable (and obvious) buffing to the Light Side characters OR
    Any nerfing to any of the Dark Side characters...
    vs28dkmxj64h.gif

• Exactly my thoughts. I had to reread that CT a bunch of times. Lando, Phasma and Palps? Really?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • TjPunx wrote: »

I found an Iden main
  • Exactly my thoughts. I had to reread that CT a bunch of times. Lando, Phasma and Palps? Really?

They want to keep game Phasma consistent with movie Phasma it seems
    Terrible change. She doesn't carry her stun around with her, and she depends on keeping her little droid-home field advantage to have a chance. Now they pull this. More clueless changes if you ask me.
    [+3748 posts]
  • TjPunx
    1599 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »

I found an Iden main

And.....
  • These devs are pathetic at best. I haven’t even downloaded the update and I’m ***** off by the comments I’m reading.