criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Do you guys hate Luke or something?

He's the worst saber hero in the game now that you buffed kylo. He does trash tier damage against heros with his force abilities, regens only 200, does only 100 damage lmao cmon maul is better than him & he can't even block. Buff luke let his lightsaber strikes do 120, let his force abilities do the same damage as it does against infantry & let his dash do 140 damage. He's a joke now.

Replies

  • Lagodaki
    422 posts Member
    edited February 27
    Wow his saber damage is that low? I didn’t know.

    Repulse should do more damage, make it be unblockable.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif


    I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • SmellMyPaw
    26 posts Member
    edited February 27
    Nevermind, I just read the full release notes...
  • +1 from me. Luke has been treated like a pariah by DICE in Battlefront 2. George Lucas literally called him the strongest Jedi of all-time at one point, but he is pretty meh in HvV in Battlefront 2. Yoda isn't doing much better in BF2 sadly.
  • he is by no means a joke even with his low damage hes a solid pick in HvV in the right hands that being said I agree he needs a buff because looking at Anakins kit and the fact that they buffed Kylo pretty much everyone needs a buff.

    Kylo and Luke are good in the right hands of people that actually know how to use them to there strengths damage isnt everything but at this point everyone has been powercreeped by Anakin so bring on the buffs.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    he is by no means a joke even with his low damage hes a solid pick in HvV in the right hands that being said I agree he needs a buff because looking at Anakins kit and the fact that they buffed Kylo pretty much everyone needs a buff.

    Kylo and Luke are good in the right hands of people that actually know how to use them to there strengths damage isnt everything but at this point everyone has been powercreeped by Anakin so bring on the buffs.

    Good players make bad characters look good. I can make luke look good but he's bottom tier in HvV. Blocking & shooting while laying on the ground has been in since July & if it was fixed yeah luke would be fine but he often times can't follow up on attacks or gets melted by iden trying to do a follow up.
  • I completely agree DICE needs to improve Luke greatly compared to other heroes, weakest light side hero by far. Here are my thoughts on improvement so DICE if you read these please pay attention.

    - Saber 120 base, 150-160 from behind
    - Dash attack 130 (Should always be higher than base since its an "Ability")
    - Force push 150 base, 180 with Upgraded force push power star card
    - Repulse 175 base, 210 with the Upgraded Epicentre star card
    - In terms of health either give him more regeneration or give him more health on kill with his "Cleansing the darkness" star card instead of only 100, maybe 120 or 130

    Rey has her insight which gives her unlimited stamina and higher damage when she already has higher base damage. The other saber heroes, obi-wans stamina card is ridiculous he can block forever and still has more damage per hit. Yoda's dash can go through guard depending on the angle of the hero and has a star card to increase saber damage. Compared to the villains he is at a disadvantage against every villain except maul due to the fact he cant block.
  • How about Rey being even more power ful than luke and all... xD Frkn Rey man she really act anf goes up to Vader and all so like a good match because in this game, she can!! Smh
    Priority list:

    1. Fix Split Screen bugs and the rest
    2. Reduce bright Saber glows especially on Yodas head
    3. 41st Scout clone trooper
    4. Max out Arcade maps Combat area
    5. First Person only mode
  • He doesn't even need much. He needs a minor increase in attack/Rush damage and his HP regen threshold made standard 250+. The current 200 is garbage. Every hero except Maul now only needs to swing twice to do permanent damage. That's ridiculous.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    He doesn't even need much. He needs a minor increase in attack/Rush damage and his HP regen threshold made standard 250+. The current 200 is garbage. Every hero except Maul now only needs to swing twice to do permanent damage. That's ridiculous.

    I agree, but I feel since his abilities are so inconsistent in connecting properly and can be blocked he needs a full on revamp in damage output and health regen.
  • awakespace wrote: »
    I actually like his small but incredibly quick regen... It is unique and is actually very advantageous.

    It would be wonderful if the game wasn't riddled with crap like saber lock, rubberbanding back after dodging, and other gimmicky stuff that gets you stuck in multiple hit chains. It's highly unforgiving in a game that just doesn't support that kind of smooth gameplay.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • +50 regen threshold. Rush has repulse, and push have no restrictions and can be used mid jump. Give him his momentum back from the last game, it made him a much more difficult target than most.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Disney's/Lucasfilm's/EA's/DICE's response to all former and current posts calling for:
    Any reasonable (and obvious) buffing to the Light Side characters OR
    Any nerfing to any of the Dark Side characters...
    vs28dkmxj64h.gif
  • danwalkz2480
    41 posts Member
    edited February 27
    I reckon luke needs a buff and I reckon Yoda needs a buff as well. Yoda and Luke should be more powerful than Rey. Rey is just luke with cheat codes
  • I already made a topic about his Force Push and Repulse damage being too low against enemy heroes and 90% agree with this.

    Also his Rush ability should work like in BF2015 and instead call it Force Dash.
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

    cggn8altuzp0.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

    ❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
    - Leia Organa

    #BunsForBattlefront




  • His force push worked 1 in 3, lightsabre damage is minimal, repulse… well you might as well just stand still and be shot. Basically they just don’t see him as he should be seen… Disney / clone wars developers this lot.
  • Just because you're bad with him doesn't mean he is bad, 1v1 anytime! I'll take Luke of course
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    Just because you're bad with him doesn't mean he is bad, 1v1 anytime! I'll take Luke of course

    Lmao nobody who's played with me on here will say I suck with luke. Lol sure 1v1 my vader lol & ill stomp your luke. Lukes not bad did I say that? I said he's a joke especially compared to the new heros & even the old ones. Now begone
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    Just because you're bad with him doesn't mean he is bad, 1v1 anytime! I'll take Luke of course

    Lmao nobody who's played with me on here will say I suck with luke. Lol sure 1v1 my vader lol & ill stomp your luke. Lukes not bad did I say that? I said he's a joke especially compared to the new heros & even the old ones. Now begone

    Ahah you are right, compared to other heroes Luke is a joke. Everyone picks him in HvV though, I wonder why.
  • Luke In GA is brilliant

    In HvV does it matter it’s such an awful skilless spamfest buffing him won’t change anything

  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    Just because you're bad with him doesn't mean he is bad, 1v1 anytime! I'll take Luke of course

    Lmao nobody who's played with me on here will say I suck with luke. Lol sure 1v1 my vader lol & ill stomp your luke. Lukes not bad did I say that? I said he's a joke especially compared to the new heros & even the old ones. Now begone

    Ahah you are right, compared to other heroes Luke is a joke. Everyone picks him in HvV though, I wonder why.

    Because he's pretty popular easy. I pick luke cause he's one of my favorite characters
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Luke In GA is brilliant

    In HvV does it matter it’s such an awful skilless spamfest buffing him won’t change anything

    Allow me to disagree, in GA Luke is at his worst, easily overshadowed by any other pick except Chewbacca
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Luke In GA is brilliant

    In HvV does it matter it’s such an awful skilless spamfest buffing him won’t change anything

    Allow me to disagree, in GA Luke is at his worst, easily overshadowed by any other pick except Chewbacca

    Lmao 😂😂😂
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Luke In GA is brilliant

    In HvV does it matter it’s such an awful skilless spamfest buffing him won’t change anything

    Allow me to disagree, in GA Luke is at his worst, easily overshadowed by any other pick except Chewbacca
    You been drinking from the top shelf again?
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Luke In GA is brilliant

    In HvV does it matter it’s such an awful skilless spamfest buffing him won’t change anything

    Allow me to disagree, in GA Luke is at his worst, easily overshadowed by any other pick except Chewbacca
    You been drinking from the top shelf again?

    Lmao this. Luke is a monster in GA
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Luke In GA is brilliant

    In HvV does it matter it’s such an awful skilless spamfest buffing him won’t change anything

    Allow me to disagree, in GA Luke is at his worst, easily overshadowed by any other pick except Chewbacca
    You been drinking from the top shelf again?

    Lmao this. Luke is a monster in GA
    On certain maps if you are looking for a big killstreak on the LS he is the one to pick
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Luke In GA is brilliant

    In HvV does it matter it’s such an awful skilless spamfest buffing him won’t change anything

    Allow me to disagree, in GA Luke is at his worst, easily overshadowed by any other pick except Chewbacca
    You been drinking from the top shelf again?

    Lmao this. Luke is a monster in GA

    Don't know what game you played, but I assure you he isn't, maybe you think so because his push oneshots basic troopers?
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Luke In GA is brilliant

    In HvV does it matter it’s such an awful skilless spamfest buffing him won’t change anything

    Allow me to disagree, in GA Luke is at his worst, easily overshadowed by any other pick except Chewbacca
    You been drinking from the top shelf again?

    Lmao this. Luke is a monster in GA

    Don't know what game you played, but I assure you he isn't, maybe you think so because his push oneshots basic troopers?

    Well yes that's exactly it. He's extremely powerful against infantry
  • Smattonellus
    437 posts Member
    edited February 27
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Luke In GA is brilliant

    In HvV does it matter it’s such an awful skilless spamfest buffing him won’t change anything

    Allow me to disagree, in GA Luke is at his worst, easily overshadowed by any other pick except Chewbacca
    You been drinking from the top shelf again?

    Lmao this. Luke is a monster in GA

    Don't know what game you played, but I assure you he isn't, maybe you think so because his push oneshots basic troopers?

    Well yes that's exactly it. He's extremely powerful against infantry

    Yes, he's got one strong ability and I won't argue with that, although it fails too many times for my tastes, but what about the rest? Lowest saber DMG bar none, if the guy you are trying to kill knows what he's doing you will waste 3to4 saber attacks to kill him, leaving you open in the meantime. Repulse has a slow animations and does only 135 DMG. 3 dashes aren't bad but don't hurt quite much. He's good at hit and run.
    Then compare him to Rey, Yoda, Han, Lando,Leia,Finn and Obi Wan, every one of them is a better pick in GA.
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    Just because you're bad with him doesn't mean he is bad, 1v1 anytime! I'll take Luke of course

    Lmao nobody who's played with me on here will say I suck with luke. Lol sure 1v1 my vader lol & ill stomp your luke. Lukes not bad did I say that? I said he's a joke especially compared to the new heros & even the old ones. Now begone

    Ahah you are right, compared to other heroes Luke is a joke. Everyone picks him in HvV though, I wonder why.

    Luke's kit is perfect to keep his blaster friends safe from enemy saber follow-ups.

    That's what I pick him for in the event I feel the need to play saber, anyway.

    Got frozen by Kylo? I blocked it and I can now push the rushing enemies away until my friends unfreeze.

    Choked by Vader? Same deal.

    Repulse does the same when the sabers try to zerg (WHEN IT DECIDES TO WORK!!)

    But for progress or damage? Naah, he isn't that good.
  • If you’re a skilled player with any hero you’ll find a way to dominate the game with that character. We are talking in terms of balancing. Fighting Vader or a mashing Grievous is extremely difficult for any skilled Luke player. if I get stuck in his force choke and get hit with his saber throw that’s half Lukes health gone like that. His abilities and saber do the least amount of effective damage in any situation that doesn’t involve infantry or pushing enemy hero’s off ledges. Don’t get me wrong I love launching people off the ledges on Kamino and Naboo but the its way more satisfying winning a lightsaber duel than anything. The devs have given every other hero a fair shot, Luke needs a buff to be able to compete in HvV. Even if they don’t improve his push or repulse, if they buff his base saber damage and improve his health regeneration id be content.
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Luke In GA is brilliant

    In HvV does it matter it’s such an awful skilless spamfest buffing him won’t change anything

    Allow me to disagree, in GA Luke is at his worst, easily overshadowed by any other pick except Chewbacca
    You been drinking from the top shelf again?

    Lmao this. Luke is a monster in GA

    Don't know what game you played, but I assure you he isn't, maybe you think so because his push oneshots basic troopers?

    Well yes that's exactly it. He's extremely powerful against infantry

    Yes, he's got one strong ability and I won't argue with that, although it fails too many times for my tastes, but what about the rest? Lowest saber DMG bar none, if the guy you are trying to kill knows what he's doing you will waste 3to4 saber attacks to kill him, leaving you open in the meantime. Repulse has a slow animations and does only 135 DMG. 3 dashes aren't bad but don't hurt quite much. He's good at hit and run.
    Then compare him to Rey, Yoda, Han, Lando,Leia,Finn and Obi Wan, every one of them is a better pick in GA.

    Well, every Saber still has that same problem except Anakin and Grievs, only two shotting, so what’s your point? The ttk stays the same. Repulse is only good against another hero or chaining it on a flat surface, yes, and needs a buff as well. 3 dashes that are undodgeable are actually really good, you lower the ttk on a trooper significantly, and can cut through a group quite easily. Comparing him to Lando, I would say Lando is the worse pick, and true, a lot of those heroes are better, but only with significant skill. Luke is an easy to pick up hero, trying to use Leia or Han on the front lines requires supreme accuracy, and Lando is only there because of Distruption, but that’s about it. and Obi would be worse but his only saving grace is super high regen. That’s it. And nobody compares to Finn and Rey, those are the top LS heroes. So he’s not a first pick in GA, but he’s certainly not the second worst.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Repulse might as well be replaced by something more practical and less prone to bugs.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • JediJulius
    370 posts Member
    edited February 27
    Lightsaber damage: Base damage up from 100 to 120, increased rear strike bonus from +20 to +30 (allowing him to one shot unbuffed normal infantry from the back like most current Saber heroes).

    Dash: Increase damage from 100 to 120.

    Force Push: Deals 150 base damage to both Heroes and Infantry. Improve its hit detection

    Repulse: Gains 75% damage reduction for the duration of the ability. Deals 125 damage to infantry, 100 to Heroes. Can't be blocked. Improve its hit detection.

    Star Cards:

    Epicenter: Increase Repulse's damage (entire radius, not half) by 20/25/30/40.
    Jedi Fighter: Reduces all stamina usage by 7.5/10/12.5/15%.
    Deflection Mastery: Increases Blaster Bolt deflection accuracy by 20/30/40/50% (no stamina penalty.) OR turn the star card into his Stamina Card (same 15% al stamina improvement as suggested) and change Jedi Fighter to a 10% cooldown improvement like Maul.
  • Luke is fast, but his attacks are weak. He has a buff on Kashyyk, only because he can Force Push an enemy team off the platforms. The devs seem to not want to do anything for him; a few new skins would be a nice start.
  • He's the worst saber hero in the game now that you buffed kylo. He does trash tier damage against heros with his force abilities, regens only 200, does only 100 damage lmao cmon maul is better than him & he can't even block. Buff luke let his lightsaber strikes do 120, let his force abilities do the same damage as it does against infantry & let his dash do 140 damage. He's a joke now.

    When I saw Kylo got buffed, I expected to see the same for Luke, and was sorely disappointed.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

    Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Billkwando
    1222 posts Member
    edited February 27
    delete
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

    Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    I hardly ever play as Luke, but agree that he needs a buff. People who wreck with him are very rare and usually need help from teammates against most villains. He gets eaten alive or has to run like a scared dog in most 1v1 situations.

    Oh cool, I'm rare! ;) :p







    Seriously though, Luke needs a damage buff. It's a lot harder to win with him if there's no ledge or teammates nearby. I think he should have a 3rd dodge, like Dooku, since he's supposed to be the "stick and move" guy. :D

    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

    Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Please DICE like if you’re willing to increase Kylos damage and give Anakin four OP abilities and saber damage that does 180 from the back you can giveLuke more damage output in his Saber attacks and abilities.
  • So now that the Chosen one has arrived and Ben has been buffed, it seems like Luke is but a mere farm boy in his father and nephew's presence
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Luke In GA is brilliant

    In HvV does it matter it’s such an awful skilless spamfest buffing him won’t change anything

    Allow me to disagree, in GA Luke is at his worst, easily overshadowed by any other pick except Chewbacca
    You been drinking from the top shelf again?

    lol, luke is trash in GA, hahaha, what are you getting at? He's a significant step down from the last game, and BF2015 luke < BF17 Palpatine any day of the week. Well what did he get in return? Lmao, 100 base saber dmg, a trash repulse that is easily rolled on reaction, and a regen threshold of just 200 when he is primarily a melee fighter. It's a bad joke, and I guarantee any luke in my lobby isn't making it past phase II. He's not the Hero topping the leader boards unless someone picks him quickly before the game ends, in fact I think I've seen luke top the leader board from start to finish with over 60 kills exactly a handful of times, and thats in lobbies where the enemy can't break single digit kill tallys.

    Troopers just roll their boats off until you've wasted too much time killing them and their buddies show up and pot shot you. Let's just say he has near zero chance of clearing a point on his own unless all the stars allign and he gets most of everyone in a single push. lol, that's pretty much every other saber user now too besides anakin, presumably bugged kenobi, and Launch Vader. It's just not fun to play, and there are clearly better picks out there and on almost every map or situation. It's stupid, lame, and just makes for a boring game. Saber users need some ingrained reduction on all their abilities that have some sort of immobilizing animation other wise you just lose HP and die, half the time without even killing your primary target(repulse, charge slam). It's pretty embarrassing tbh to watch people defend this entire system and kinda gives a window into just what skill level this community is really at, where a 25 kill streak is actually considered good. Lmao, what?
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Luke In GA is brilliant

    In HvV does it matter it’s such an awful skilless spamfest buffing him won’t change anything

    Allow me to disagree, in GA Luke is at his worst, easily overshadowed by any other pick except Chewbacca
    You been drinking from the top shelf again?

    lol, luke is trash in GA, hahaha, what are you getting at? He's a significant step down from the last game, and BF2015 luke < BF17 Palpatine any day of the week. Well what did he get in return? Lmao, 100 base saber dmg, a trash repulse that is easily rolled on reaction, and a regen threshold of just 200 when he is primarily a melee fighter. It's a bad joke, and I guarantee any luke in my lobby isn't making it past phase II. He's not the Hero topping the leader boards unless someone picks him quickly before the game ends, in fact I think I've seen luke top the leader board from start to finish with over 60 kills exactly a handful of times, and thats in lobbies where the enemy can't break single digit kill tallys.

    Troopers just roll their boats off until you've wasted too much time killing them and their buddies show up and pot shot you. Let's just say he has near zero chance of clearing a point on his own unless all the stars allign and he gets most of everyone in a single push. lol, that's pretty much every other saber user now too besides anakin, presumably bugged kenobi, and Launch Vader. It's just not fun to play, and there are clearly better picks out there and on almost every map or situation. It's stupid, lame, and just makes for a boring game. Saber users need some ingrained reduction on all their abilities that have some sort of immobilizing animation other wise you just lose HP and die, half the time without even killing your primary target(repulse, charge slam). It's pretty embarrassing tbh to watch people defend this entire system and kinda gives a window into just what skill level this community is really at, where a 25 kill streak is actually considered good. Lmao, what?

    Edit: double post due to approval lockout
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4562 posts Member
    edited February 28
    We need more "ultimates" introduced as well. This is just like the time where traits were brought in to BF2015 at the launch of the newer heroes, a real opportunity for rebalancing and better tuning some of these characters.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!