criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Yes!! You nerfed kylo's stun

It only last for 1 second

Replies

• It only last for 1 second

Wow! Might have been an over nerf, but I did request they nerf his freeze in order to make it on par with the new stun nerfs. Thank you devs! Kylo should be perfectly balanced now.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • What about Iden’s stun btw?

• AbyssWatch3r
    4971 posts Member
    edited February 27
    I really hope this is a Hero only effect, or this yet another bone headed move to nerf an already bottom tier hero.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I really hope this is a Hero only effect, or this yet another bone headed move to nerf an already bottom tier hero.

Bottom tier? Have you seen his buffs?
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Dew it to Lando his stun is far too much.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4971 posts Member
    edited February 27
    I really hope this is a Hero only effect, or this yet another bone headed move to nerf an already bottom tier hero.

Bottom tier? Have you seen his buffs?

They always hedge their bet, instead of a straight buff they decide to only take his ankle braces off. Lmao, pathetic. Freeze can already be blocked by saber users and rolled by blasters, thats why it had a longer duration. 1 second is literally beyond stupid for Galactic Assault. This guy just can't hope to have 3 good abilities can he.

Like I said, going to test in GA, and if troopers are breaking out in 1 sec, they've actually proven to me BF3 needs a different dev team.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Haven't played yet but that sounds far too much. I didn't have an issue with it how it was, as it was easy to block as a saber hero especially. 99% of Kylo players will automatically sprint up towards you and then freeze or pull/freeze. Easy to predict.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Haven't played yet but that sounds far too much. I didn't have an issue with it how it was, as it was easy to block as a saber hero especially. 99% of Kylo players will automatically sprint up towards you and then freeze or pull/freeze. Easy to predict.

Yeah it might have been a little too much, but the 5+ seconds duration was far too long. It basically gave Iden a free kill. I would have suggested nerfing it in half to 2.5 seconds.

• You mean Freeze is no longer a win-condition in one button?

PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • DarthJ
    6331 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Haven't played yet but that sounds far too much. I didn't have an issue with it how it was, as it was easy to block as a saber hero especially. 99% of Kylo players will automatically sprint up towards you and then freeze or pull/freeze. Easy to predict.

Yeah it might have been a little too much, but the 5+ seconds duration was far too long. It basically gave Iden a free kill. I would have suggested nerfing it in half to 2.5 seconds.

Sorry, I was on about Kylo's freeze. I admit Iden's stun was very long
  • DarthJ
    6331 posts Member
    Atreus213 wrote: »
    You mean Freeze is no longer a win-condition in one button?

The thing is, freeze never was. Any competent player can press block and avoid Kylo's freeze or pull. Like I said, 99% of Kylo players sprint right up towards you before using either freeze OR pull then freeze. So predictable. Kylo players were probably the most predictable players in the game. If people struggled against it, that's on them.

Sorry, you misunderstood me. I was talking about Kylo’s freeze. If Iden is with the Kylo, she had easily enough time to kill the frozen hero.

The thing is, freeze never was. Any competent player can press block and avoid Kylo's freeze or pull. Like I said, 99% of Kylo players sprint right up towards you before using either freeze OR pull then freeze. So predictable. Kylo players were probably the most predictable players in the game. If people struggled against it, that's on them.

Uhh ok, not every hero has block. ;)
  • Stealth nerfs are never cool. This complicates things somewhat. But eh. With his damage buff, he'll just have to secure the kill after the blasters begin shooting whatever gets frozen.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • I think this is the wrong move to be honest... Kylo's freeze shouldn't have been decrease in time, it should have broken after a certain amount of damage. His freeze was useful in GA to be able to take out one target at a time, or to escape hairy situations.
  • awakespace wrote: »
    I think this is the wrong move to be honest... Kylo's freeze shouldn't have been decrease in time, it should have broken after a certain amount of damage. His freeze was useful in GA to be able to take out one target at a time, or to escape hairy situations.

Nope it's fine
  • DarthJ
    6331 posts Member

Sorry, you misunderstood me. I was talking about Kylo’s freeze. If Iden is with the Kylo, she had easily enough time to kill the frozen hero.

My bad...long day
  • DarthJ
    6331 posts Member

Also my bad....longer day.

I feel you brotha, mine just started. :(

Well aren’t you a pleasant little Joker today!
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • TheUltimateHope
    858 posts Member
    edited February 27
    How about the cooldown ? Haven't tested the new update yet.
  • Confirmed ?
  • DarthJ
    6331 posts Member

Well aren’t you a pleasant little Joker today!

Am I usually not?!
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    Confirmed ?

Yeah it's so short now man
  • How about the cooldown ? Haven't tested the new update yet.

It's the same
  • How about the cooldown ? Haven't tested the new update yet.

It's the same

I see *lost in contemplation*
  • It only last for 1 second

So it is useless in Galactic Assault... Good job
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »

It's like 1.5 seconds. Still useful
  • I'm all aboard the "nerf the freeze" train. Seems a little drastic to take it down to 1-1.5 secs, but if it's on par with the other stuns, so be it. Now, on to Iden....
  • Jallerman7
    97 posts Member
    edited February 27
    Ppl complaining about freeze have to be the absolute worst getting tagged by it all. Bravo devs. These players will always need their training wheels
  • Jallerman7 wrote: »
    Ppl complaining about freeze have to be the absolute worst getting tagged by it all. Bravo devs. These players will always need their training wheels

Agreed. We should've given him a potential 1k damage AoE nuke instead. That's so much better than crap CC that breaks from 1 slash.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • awakespace
    1035 posts Member
    edited February 27
    His frenzy is also not working as well - he used to be able to do it while moving and/or attacking - now you have to come to a complete stop to trigger it
  • awakespace wrote: »
    His frenzy is also not working as well - he used to be able to do it while moving and/or attacking - now you have to come to a complete stop to trigger it

Oh man I hate that.....that's why Obi Wan was so useless at his launch. Not sure if he still is. You couldn't do his moves while moving and even had to release your block to launch an ability.
  • MC_XIX
    1596 posts Member
    Feels longer than 1 second to me, maybe about 1.5 - 2 seconds now. Definitely shorter than before, but not 1 second. I was still able to circle around the back of Han after I froze him, but he defrosted straight after.

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

His buffs more than make up for this. The longer freeze wasn't really of any benefit to Kylo himself anyway. It only helped blaster teammates get a free kill.
  • a secret nerf?

1,5 in galactic Assault is trash and useless
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »

Nah it's fine
  • 1.5 seconds is a little drastic, although i do think 5 seconds was a bit long, nerf to 3 or maybe 2.5 seconds

funny are the people who just respond with 'nah it's fine.' 'nope it's good.'

really useful guys
    PSN: computerson

Nah it's fine

Nah, it's stupid. Look at power difference between ren and anakin and tell me this was a fair nerf. Lmao, this is just a joke. Everything combined ren doesn't even have a quarter of the value anakin's kit does. Even if he had every starcard available he'd still be a joke side by side.

Ren's ultimate power should be an AOE freeze that follows him wherever he goes that stops all projectiles and force attacks for 10 seconds, like he did in the movie. He needs something at this point, played him in GA and he's still pretty underwhelming. Still not making it past those naboo Hall ways.
    xnvLDB.gif

Nah it's fine

Nah, it's stupid. Look at power difference between ren and anakin and tell me this was a fair nerf. Lmao, this is just a joke. Everything combined ren doesn't even have a quarter of the value anakin's kit does. Even if he had every starcard available he'd still be a joke side by side.

Ren's ultimate power should be an AOE freeze that follows him wherever he goes that stops all projectiles and force attacks for 10 seconds, like he did in the movie. He needs something at this point, played him in GA and he's still pretty underwhelming. Still not making it past those naboo Hall ways.

Why you comparing it to anakins. Kylo's does 120 & 140 damage Next to heros & he 1 shots infantry.

Nah it's fine

Why you comparing it to anakins. Kylo's does 120 & 140 damage Next to heros & he 1 shots infantry.

That card has got to be the worst in the entire lineup, its useless to solo players like me in GA. Nobody in their right mind would run it there. Like I said, your not pushing any objectives without a serious team backing you up, or your playing against chimps. A wookie is still more than capable of taking you one on one. Still easily dodged and tied up with rolls with frenzy being the only way for confirmed kills. If the infantry have yoda or finn buffing your a dead man, who will get nearly outdpsed by most blasters while you hopelessly flail at them.

That card should grant increased damage resistance the more he's shot, in the movie he gets hit by the bowcaster and shrugs it off. That should be reflected in his play style. He's still not in a good spot atm.
    xnvLDB.gif

Nah it's fine

That card has got to be the worst in the entire lineup, its useless to solo players like me in GA. Nobody in their right mind would run it there. Like I said, your not pushing any objectives without a serious team backing you up, or your playing against chimps. A wookie is still more than capable of taking you one on one. Still easily dodged and tied up with rolls with frenzy being the only way for confirmed kills. If the infantry have yoda or finn buffing your a dead man, who will get nearly outdpsed by most blasters while you hopelessly flail at them.

That card should grant increased damage resistance the more he's shot, in the movie he gets hit by the bowcaster and shrugs it off. That should be reflected in his play style. He's still not in a good spot atm.

It's good in HvV which I was referring to.

Nah it's fine

It's good in HvV which I was referring to.

Play him in GA, then get back to me. When I was fighting players on my level he suffered from the same issues he's always has. Swings too slow, easily tied up with rolls, and just takes too much damage. Can only really kill stragglers without losing massive HP. I pretty much had to only use frenzy/pull and against enforcers or infantry with HP buffs you just lose health as they shoot you while you swing on them. Heck, they do that even without buffs. Every hero should be a tide turner with the proper skill imo, and kylo just doesn't have the kit for it.

The devs need a proper ultimate for him or he'll forever remain a sub par pick in GA like Luke, chewbacca, lando, and phasma. And thats no fun skipping over what I find an interesting/unique playstlye, for whats actually viable.

Every hero could use a slight buff imo, more ultimates are definitely in order at least. Agree? Disagree? Are you scoring just as high as you would on other Heroes? Obviously, I'm talking GA here.
    xnvLDB.gif

most of the player base doesn't know how to do it matter of fact I have never ran into anyone that does but I can easily freeze people through block though its not consistent 100% of the time but it normally works all I gotta do is have harsh pull on, do a small jump and use his pull at the same time, landing then cancels a part of the pulls animation and the enemy is still staggered from harsh pull and you can freeze them I found this by myself by seeing if I could cancel or lower pulls animation and I was successful I can combo pull and freeze far faster then anyone. hitting through block speed showcase

Kylos freeze has all ways been overpowered and in need of a nerf but I didn't really want it to get nerfed after seeing how strong Anakin is but here we are thankfully though it still last long enough to actually put in some work and he got some damage buffs as well so hes in a good spot atm but I think Kylo and everyone else need either stat boosts or a 4th ability or both to be up to Anakins level.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000