criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

The great big Anakin feedback thread

Replies

• DarthLuke wrote: »
    His harsh pull can be blocked, his spell that makes him have damage reduction is stagerable. As long as you choke or push his ability is canceled. His strike slow motion is so easy to dodge.

Likewise if he detonates just dodge. The telegraph is colossal it is dodge able without any skill.

In regard to the aoe choke, just block. It’s ridiculous ppl. Stop complaining. The chosen one has the most power of all heroes.

This 100 times.
  • Anakin is great! Please don’t nerf him. The ways to counter him are balanced fine. He’ll be tip top once his bugs are fixed.
  • rizistr wrote: »
    Anakin is great! Please don’t nerf him. The ways to counter him are balanced fine. He’ll be tip top once his bugs are fixed.

Damage should stay, range maybe slightly nerfed.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    BF2 HvV is a waste of human time and existence to even mention ... . You see, here are the issues with your beloved HvV:

1. Target system gives trolls multiple ways to prolong matches that have no business lasting longer than 5 minutes.
    2. Map exploits. Oh look, another target system issue. Players cowardly hiding in invisible wall glitches as the target so you can't reach them. Yeah bro...tons of skill.
    3. Clans of over-achieving nuggets that have such little self-respect that they rage quit as a team the second they lose one point to a skilled player.
    4. How about the stun spam? Nothing more skilled than running around getting stunned by Lando, followed by dur-dur-dur stunned by Rey/Obi Wan, followed by Chewie stunned all so you can rage-change characters to Phasma and stun Droid them while emoting "submit your weapon for inspection". SO MUCH SKILL FOR ME. I submit to the endless skill this game takes...
    5. My favorite! What about the rage suicide respawn opponents that would rather kill themselves than own up to the fact that you're a better player. Even more hilarious when they do it because they don't want to lose first place overall in a match. Don't lie, that's you, right? Come on. You know it is. <I sense a quick quote for only this section coming. Ooh. You're going to own me.
    6. How about when your teammates scatter like sewer rats at the start of a new match? I must be a scrub since I can't 1v4 a coordinated clan, right?
    7. How about when the target continually launches themselves off ledges, intentionally committing suicide, to move the match along because A. They aren't the character they want to be. B. They like to troll. C. They're bored but want the credits. Is that the skilled mode you're talking about?
    8. AFK. Nothing more skilled than playing with 1+ opponents that just abandon their controller to get a snack and you immediately kill their lifeless character standing at the spawn. You must be so proud of 1st place! Did you get that screenshot?

Briliant. So encourage the Dev Team to fix HvV..!! The scrubs, plebes, grunts, troopers - whatever you wish to label them - are suffering because of rampant, wanton escalation of heroic might in the latest releases of BF2. Kenobi ⇒ Dooku ⇒ and now Anakin. Each new wave of hero out-doing the previous version. This is a wayward trend in the Dev Team. Their focus is no longer balance. The boys and girls and bots you raised to become troopers. Gone they are. Consumed by the Dev Side of the Force they have become. Grunts no longer matter to this Dev Team at DICE. Which, again, is ~85 - 90% of the players on a battlefront in GA. The sad truth is, they do not appear the least bit concerned that having 3+ heroes a-side in a limited GA battlefront is a huge detriment to the remaining 85% trying to play grunts, trying to achieve the given objectives.

So many have complained that each of the current Clone Wars Era episodes end as soon as stage 2 is reached. Anakin is so powerful, he consumes any choke point of a battlefront---Juggernauts of Kashyyyk, Palace Entrance of Naboo, the Landing platforms of Kamino----that the game ends without ever proceeding on to the final stage. It's not because of the incompetence of the droid army troops..! It's just the nature of the game now when you have multiple heroes clogging up the choke points of Galactic Assaults. This is not a difficult concept to comprehend.
    So yeah, I find it much more enjoyable and challenging to play as a hero in Galactic Assault.
    Who wouldn't?!?!?

Knowing full-well you're out-gunning, out-running, and out-stamina-ing the other 85% of the plebes out on the battlefront, AND, chances of you running in to an opposing enemy hero are slim-to-none until a choke point, who wouldn't enjoy being a hero/villain in GA?!?! I find nothing heroic about those instances of Bossk sitting WAY back on Kasshyyyk, near the beach, with his rifle picking off any grunt in white, shiny armor coming across his sights - one shot, one kill. He is untouchable, even by Clone snipers. Then, juggernaut stage - he just lobs in dioxis grenades, again from afar, no need to get involved in the scrum aboard those vessels. Yeah, how enjoyable that must be.
    Now go ahead and PLEASE paraphrase small sections of my argument to help you feel like one of your knucklehead points has been validated by me.
    And, who's being condescending again?
    Anyway, I refrain from blanket copy-paste quotes because there is little need to do that. Banal diatribe also takes up a bunch of space unnecessarily; no need to repeat it.

GA should be limited to grunts & vehicles only. Any Hero/Villain should be purely AI-only, directed against other, opposing AI heroes/villains, to add flavor to the battlefront. Not to detract from it.

• WhatAShame
    199 posts Member
    edited March 3
    My Anakin is level 40 and the reality is that he has broken the game. He is fun as hell to play, but he would be a very good hero without the ultimate... and so it is perplexing as to why they would have given him a 4th ability. Perhaps there is a dark side hero planned that will once again bring balance to the force.

A possible solution in the meantime would be that heroic might only affects targets that have (within a specific time period) or are currently attacking Anakin, or are standing within a certain radius. This would solve the issue of dark side heroes coming around a corner with no idea that Anakin is charging up very far away only to get one shotted.

I play with very good headphones and graphics settings are on max, and I have lost quite a few dark side heroes because I have no way of knowing that newbs are charging him up somewhere around a corner at some distance. I unfortunately round said corner and am luckily (for Anakin's sake) one shot at full HP. This is my only real issue with Anakin.
  • Kylo47
    19 posts Member
    edited March 3
    WhatAShame wrote: »
    My Anakin is level 40 and the reality is that he has broken the game.

You’re not kidding!! He has literally broken the game!
  • Dice please bring back wallhack palpi, maybe the fights with anikan and please longer recharge on heroic might
  • Sure you can dodge passionate strike, (sometimes), but when theirs two player attacking you you have to block and that leaves you open for anakin to come in ruin your chances of survival
  • Make passionate strike take away stamina for like 5 seconds instead of knocking you down
  • I would want to re work passionate strike so that it just gets rid of enemy stamina for 5 seconds, and that it has more distance so that anakin jumps far, like in the movies
  • Heroic Might and Retribution are glitching his block. Please fix it.
  • SWymsa
    975 posts Member
    Character is killing people through walls like Palpatine was.

Fix it please
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    SWymsa wrote: »
    Character is killing people through walls like Palpatine was.

Fix it please

Yeah - don't know why DICE Dev Team doesn't check for this in the code by now. Area effect needs to check boundaries where walls and stairs/rocks are concerned.
  • I love everything about Ani, please don't nerf him!

Instead, focus on bug fixing, I've had this at least twice:

The range and damage of Heroic Might probably needs some tweaking, it certainly shouldn't go through walls though.
  • Are we all understanding that there is a DISTINCT difference between his new presence in HvV compared to Galactic Assault??

If you haven't played Galactic Assault in a while I suggest you try it out now and tell us what you see Anakin is doing in that mode.
  • Are we all understanding that there is a DISTINCT difference between his new presence in HvV compared to Galactic Assault??

If you haven't played Galactic Assault in a while I suggest you try it out now and tell us what you see Anakin is doing in that mode.

True. In HvV, he is only slightly overpowered, and thus brings balance to the mode. Heroic Might is blockable as well as his Pull. His Pull though is a great ability that completely ended the Boba Fett runners (thank you devs). His Passionate Strike is his best ability in HvV hands down.

In GA, the only thing that needs to be changed is a 400 max damage cap for Heroic Might and Retribution. Besides that, he is definitely more overpowered in this mode than in HvV, but a nice addition.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • Anakin's 'Heroic Might' ability is much too overpowered; it oneshots Boba Fett, it even oneshot Vader at around 75% health! (With the Health Buff!) And might I mention; it goes really far once fully charged up, with no damage scaling! Either fix or nerf the ability, as currently it makes the game unenjoyable (At least on HvV) for the opposing side. There should at least be a way to break his charge-up. (e.g. Vader's Choke, Palpatine's Lightning, Iden's Stun, Maul's Throw. Any stun move.)
  • jonci
    1243 posts Member
    Spent the weekend spanking the LS in HVV lots of fun. Played as Kylo mainly on DS, love chopping up Anakin players now we know exactly how to counter, agree his abilities some times don't work once used, and he does get locked up frequently so once you realise this, he is easy to chop up.
    Block and dodge then chop chop his *****.
  • DJ1
    31 posts Member
    HVV - These are some DS issues that I think should be addressed before any objective conversation about Anakin getting a nerf can take place

- Darth Maul needs to be able to block
    - Kylo Ren needs more stamina
    - Iden Versio needs a bit more health
    - General Grievous now more than ever
    needs thrust surge to be fixed !!

It's just my 2 cents, but I do feel the issue is not as much Anakin as it is some issues on the DS roster

MTFBWY
  • vonVile
    412 posts Member
    Heroic Might is broken. All Anakin players do is run in and spam it because they know there are no consequences using it with his 90% damage reducer. The only choice opponents have is to not fire at him and run away. That's a pure garbage when it comes game play.
  • vonVile wrote: »
    Heroic Might is broken. All Anakin players do is run in and spam it because they know there are no consequences using it with his 90% damage reducer. The only choice opponents have is to not fire at him and run away. That's a pure garbage when it comes game play.

Exactly, might as well hand them all the objectives in GA.
  • Wrythley wrote: »
    Anakin's 'Heroic Might' ability is much too overpowered; it oneshots Boba Fett, it even oneshot Vader at around 75% health! (With the Health Buff!) And might I mention; it goes really far once fully charged up, with no damage scaling! Either fix or nerf the ability, as currently it makes the game unenjoyable (At least on HvV) for the opposing side. There should at least be a way to break his charge-up. (e.g. Vader's Choke, Palpatine's Lightning, Iden's Stun, Maul's Throw. Any stun move.)

Anakin is not OP in HvV. All you need to do is block his abilities and not stupidly spam your ligthsaber at him when he charges up his Heroic Might.

In GA on the other hand, his Heroic Might definitely needs a damage cap so that it doesn’t one shot heroes who aren’t even near him.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • H0g0sh4
    12 posts Member
    it's starting to be frustrating to lay more and more heroes with more and more powerful and hacked powers. Although having bugs before, grievous had a good attack when he took his opponents from behind, Obiwan raised a defense, then arrived Dooku and that ***** Skywalker cheater (character really important Holalala). Dooku I half forgive his weak resistance to blasters but Anakin nothing at all: It inflicts much too much damage (abilities like saber) as much as it can kill several heroes in 1 shot (I made several heroic clash and with Iden, Dooku, Grievous, Boba AND EVEN VADOR, they are knocked out by the ability "retribution" or even by "heroic power" and that's without his boost cards of this ***** hero. hate, I was scared with the heroes of the prequel to spoil what the game was when he started to heal his wounds from his exit but afterwards my fears are justified by these heroes.Some does not consider it as opted as I I could see it in the conversations, I have a question for them: YOU ARE STUPID For me the game is dead at the arrival of Anakin which is the proof of the arrival of new units each time too powerful and more and more powerful, I could not wait for the next few hours eros that could have arrived later but now I'm afraid they will rot the game to make it a "HARD" game such as "Dark Soul" given the power of the new heroes. We are more in a shooting game, we are in a survival game.
  • ghawar18
    1084 posts Member
    the game was dead before anakin...
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    In GA on the other hand, his Heroic Might definitely needs a damage cap so that it doesn’t one shot heroes who aren’t even near him.

When it and the Emporer's chain lightning still goes through walls and solid rock, yes... it needs a good re-work.
    Current GA episodes never go past the first choke-points, so playing the objective is now pointless. No need to lay yourself out for an Ion shot.

• Versatti
    2201 posts Member
    jxzoy53wgo05.jpeg

It’s a travesty!
  • Seriously the heroic might isn't a problem. Just don't charge it by hitting him. When you see the animation get a safe distance, wait for him to finish then carry on blasting him.

Exactly. Stop the button mashing and have a strategy
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    Rabid_Ewok wrote: »
    Seriously the heroic might isn't a problem. Just don't charge it by hitting him. When you see the animation get a safe distance, wait for him to finish then carry on blasting him.

Exactly. Stop the button mashing and have a strategy
    Stop it you lot

You can be killed miles away from him just minding your own business, Heroic might is seriously op-broken and the sooner they sort it the better

It’s getting boring one shot killing full health villains
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    edited March 4
    GA is a mess.

Correct: a complete joke. Ion shots and objectives no longer matter one iota. Kids are in charge of the development road map.
  • Well this game has become totally crap after Anakin update. GA is total mess now. Just tried round on Death star and Empire had 3heroes in first phase already? Steamrolls after steamrolls... Heroes running on first phase on every round especially wonderboy Ani. Would be nice get some answers if matchmaking is ever going to be even tried to make work. I been starting to think that only purpose of this game is to make human experiment on how long people can take crap before leaving and uninstalling product. Im very close to doing it. So excellent job who ever runs this mess.
  • Any talk of a nerf is absolutely asinine. Is he powerful, yes. Is he OP, no. I kill Anakin often. Anakin has a certain play style and his abilities rely on the other players to be stupid. He is easily blockable, and his own block is weak. I see so many complaints about his heroic ability and I dont think this ability is OP at all. There are 3 very simple things you can do to avoid damage: block, escape, or don't hit anakin. As soon as his reaaaalllllly long animation starts, roll or dodge away and if someone still hits him hold block. That's all it takes and anakin's ability is nothing. I think the point that it's super powerful if people are dumb enough to hit him when he's angry is correct, simply dont hit him and blame your noob who thinks that's the perfect time to shoot him. I've played several hvv maps that I didn't land a single one because as soon as I started they all dashed away or held block. In fact there's a technique that let's you kick Anakin's butt if you see him start the charge up, which I'm not sharing here as I enjoy playing as anakin lol.
  • Mods Cosolidate all these Anakin threads....
  • SSJSnoop
    2197 posts Member
    edited March 4
    This is the EA Battlefront 2 community you're talking to.

They are programmed to have knee-je-rk reactions to everything and call for nerfs or buffs.
  • Please i'm having the hardest time with little ani. Nun of my ability's work on him all that happens is he takes like 5 damaged when itry to do anything to him
  • It is GA that he breaks more than hvv, in hvv he is just a noob tube, GA is a joke at the moment because of him.
  • Grinch
    246 posts Member
    Well this game has become totally crap after Anakin update. GA is total mess now. Just tried round on Death star and Empire had 3heroes in first phase already? Steamrolls after steamrolls... Heroes running on first phase on every round especially wonderboy Ani. Would be nice get some answers if matchmaking is ever going to be even tried to make work. I been starting to think that only purpose of this game is to make human experiment on how long people can take crap before leaving and uninstalling product. Im very close to doing it. So excellent job who ever runs this mess.

I hate it now. I literally honestly hate it. I cannot tell you how many games I have played on Light Side where all the heroes are available except Anakin. No one will even take the others. Rey, Luke, Yoda.... all just sit there with no one grabbing them because they'd rather let the team collapse in hopes that Anakin dies and they can be the first to grab him.

Games are 20v20 in GA, but Light side only has 10 people playing because the other 10 are smashing "X" (PS4) over and over at main menu trying to get Anakin. And for some gawdawful ***** reason, every match 5 players from each side just start out with 300 battle points. Where the hell did that ***** move come from?

"-Need more Lemon Pledge"
    tumblr_m2y1yfKBMg1r0eo86o8_250.gif
  • This is getting ridiculous. Shut up about Anakin.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Grinch wrote: »
    Well this game has become totally crap after Anakin update. GA is total mess now. Just tried round on Death star and Empire had 3heroes in first phase already? Steamrolls after steamrolls... Heroes running on first phase on every round especially wonderboy Ani. Would be nice get some answers if matchmaking is ever going to be even tried to make work. I been starting to think that only purpose of this game is to make human experiment on how long people can take crap before leaving and uninstalling product. Im very close to doing it. So excellent job who ever runs this mess.

I hate it now. I literally honestly hate it. I cannot tell you how many games I have played on Light Side where all the heroes are available except Anakin. No one will even take the others. Rey, Luke, Yoda.... all just sit there with no one grabbing them because they'd rather let the team collapse in hopes that Anakin dies and they can be the first to grab him.

Games are 20v20 in GA, but Light side only has 10 people playing because the other 10 are smashing "X" (PS4) over and over at main menu trying to get Anakin. And for some gawdawful **** reason, every match 5 players from each side just start out with 300 battle points. Where the hell did that **** move come from?

The 300 point start has been around since launch. It's very easy actually. You start as an Officer, get as many teammates in front of you as possible and buff them with Battle Command. Boom. Easy 200-700 BP's at the start of every round.
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    Grinch wrote: »

Games are 20v20 in GA, but Light side only has 10 people playing because the other 10 are smashing "X" (PS4) over and over at main menu trying to get Anakin. And for some gawdawful **** reason, every match 5 players from each side just start out with 300 battle points. Where the hell did that **** move come from?
    It’s also that they have brought back “spawn on squad” bonus points which they disabled a few months back when we had the spawn glitch exploiting

• Grinch
    246 posts Member
    edited March 4

The 300 point start has been around since launch. It's very easy actually. You start as an Officer, get as many teammates in front of you as possible and buff them with Battle Command. Boom. Easy 200-700 BP's at the start of every round.

No that's not it because I start as officer and I play that way myself. I am saying 5 on each side start with 300 exactly on the dot....NOT officers giving a buff and getting 200-500. That's coming after. Only 5 on each side and it is both sides each with 300 exactly on the dot. It's not the officer buff because some are heavy and assault and starting with the 300. This is before the match even loads.
  • Grinch
    246 posts Member
    edited March 4
    Lee1981 wrote: »

It’s also that they have brought back “spawn on squad” bonus points which they disabled a few months back when we had the spawn glitch exploiting

I saw the points being added when someone spawns on me. This is 300 before the match even starts and it is ONLY 5 on each side and it does not seem to have anything to do with how the previous round finished. It isn't officers giving a buff. This is a mixture of classes and it is 300 points exactly for 5 random people on each side.
  • Grinch
    246 posts Member

I have tried to respond to you 3 times. It keeps crashing. No this is not the officer buff. This is 5 people that get 300 before the match ever begins and before any officer could buff. Plus it is random classes.
  • Never heard of the guy
  • SWymsa
    975 posts Member
    edited March 4
    Oh Anakin is just the latest in a looong line of b s from these guys.
    They seem intent on ruining franchises. :smiley:
  • Heroic might is a very poorly designed ability for this game.

The ability allows him to one hit kill multiple villains, particularly those without block.

Because of the way the ability charges up and becomes more effective the more damage he takes from your team, it feels like a form of one hit kill friendly fire.

This might be maneageable if the game had solid team communication or in game chat but this game does not.

Please don't nerf the character into the ground but rather cap the damage of this particular ability, if not that then make him take more damage while charging it. High reward should mean high risk.
  • Anakin's abilities need to do less destruction to the map! When you see him, if you're not fast enough and hide, you're dead. You try to run, but he pulls you by the butt and then spams all the abilities. And before you can scream for help that's that and you respawn just to have it happen all over again.
  • This is getting ridiculous. Shut up about Anakin.

:'( No, this game has enough push to win buttons.
  • Devs never care for balancing. After op characters comes nerfing and more new bugs. One train wreck after another, the cycle continues...