criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

The great big Anakin feedback thread

Replies

• brienj
    690 posts Member
    edited March 4
    Any talk of a nerf is absolutely asinine. Is he powerful, yes. Is he OP, no. I kill Anakin often. Anakin has a certain play style and his abilities rely on the other players to be stupid. He is easily blockable, and his own block is weak. I see so many complaints about his heroic ability and I dont think this ability is OP at all. There are 3 very simple things you can do to avoid damage: block, escape, or don't hit anakin. As soon as his reaaaalllllly long animation starts, roll or dodge away and if someone still hits him hold block. That's all it takes and anakin's ability is nothing. I think the point that it's super powerful if people are dumb enough to hit him when he's angry is correct, simply dont hit him and blame your noob who thinks that's the perfect time to shoot him. I've played several hvv maps that I didn't land a single one because as soon as I started they all dashed away or held block. In fact there's a technique that let's you kick Anakin's butt if you see him start the charge up, which I'm not sharing here as I enjoy playing as anakin lol.

Great tips for HvV, but that's not the only game mode he is in. He totally wrecks in GA.
    Bandicoot wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous. Shut up about Anakin.

:'( No, this game has enough push to win buttons.
    Y-wings anyone?
  • Coconut_Douk0
    6 posts Member
    edited March 5
    The game wouldn't be so long if they lowered the stamina bar. It's hard to imagine but it worked fine in the old SWBF 2.
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    So, I killed Ani in his About-To-Drop-a-Major-Deuce pose .. he's truly dead-dead .. and then his Heroic Might blows me away.

How??

How did this monstrosity of a Hero make it out of a Dev Team planning committee? He totally wrecks GA.

It's bad enough to have 3-heroes/villains a side. DICE went and made it doubly worse with the Free-for-all that is Ani.
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Tonight, I was laying down the law with my wookie warrior on Starkiller base. Stage 2, Starkiller base entrance. Not being shy, I was closing in on the main objective from one side of the base. Teamates were spawning off me and, in general, we were kicking some First Order @$$ and taking names. Not necessarily quick progress, but progress. On the opposite side, I see two blue light sabers rushing in. Moments later, there is nothing else for us to do but maybe pick off a stray First Order agent atop the stairs.. ?

After the game ends, I've some 27 kills and dozens of assists. The dude playing Anakin, of course, has nearly 60 to his name and 2.5x my BPs.

If Ani's going to do everything by himself in GA, why bother having a team? Opposing forces cannot knock Ani off any choke point in GA. One Gonna-Drop-1 pose and the area is clear.

GA is such a disaster. I'm about ready to call it quits and play AI bots back on BF2015. This is a joke of a program now.
  • Ridiculous... gettting 1 shot from 50 meters away all because one terrible player shoots him. Had vader at over 800 hp 1 shot. Needs a hotfix asap otherwise people are gonna quit playing this game
  • Game is boring with the same maps and blasters. Yay, another broken hero.
    #StarWars-y
  • Enzyoo
    263 posts Member
    When you love playing the hero but complain he is too OP when facing him.

c9iqpnkr8mvu.jpg

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • Grinch
    246 posts Member
    Grinch wrote: »
    Well this game has become totally crap after Anakin update. GA is total mess now. Just tried round on Death star and Empire had 3heroes in first phase already? Steamrolls after steamrolls... Heroes running on first phase on every round especially wonderboy Ani. Would be nice get some answers if matchmaking is ever going to be even tried to make work. I been starting to think that only purpose of this game is to make human experiment on how long people can take crap before leaving and uninstalling product. Im very close to doing it. So excellent job who ever runs this mess.

I hate it now. I literally honestly hate it. I cannot tell you how many games I have played on Light Side where all the heroes are available except Anakin. No one will even take the others. Rey, Luke, Yoda.... all just sit there with no one grabbing them because they'd rather let the team collapse in hopes that Anakin dies and they can be the first to grab him.

Games are 20v20 in GA, but Light side only has 10 people playing because the other 10 are smashing "X" (PS4) over and over at main menu trying to get Anakin. And for some gawdawful **** reason, every match 5 players from each side just start out with 300 battle points. Where the hell did that **** move come from?

The 300 point start has been around since launch. It's very easy actually. You start as an Officer, get as many teammates in front of you as possible and buff them with Battle Command. Boom. Easy 200-700 BP's at the start of every round.

Nope it isn't that at all. I play as officer this way and have for ages. This is not officers giving a buff and getting 200-700. This is 5 on each side starting the game with 300 exactly. Before the match even loads where an officer could give a buff, there are 5 with 300 and the 5 are a mixture of classes.
    "-Need more Lemon Pledge"
    tumblr_m2y1yfKBMg1r0eo86o8_250.gif
  • H0g0sh4
    12 posts Member

The problem is that they see big, sometimes too big and are a hero not finished with bugs and / or too worked (we had with Grievous, Obiwan, DOOku and finally Anakin). How strange is all the new characters in the prelogy, as it is curious. Problems that did not happen with Phasma and Finn, like what, the prelogy brings bad luck.
  • Personally I don’t think Anakin needs that much of a nerf. If everyone understands how he plays, he can be beat. What I would like to see though is a reduction in his Health Regen. This would take away his ability for a player to keep him an entire game of GA with almost no problem. Make it so when someone gets a hit on him, he doesn’t recover nearly at all. That way every shot counts. I think the powerful attacks fit him and in HvV it actually balances the game a little (been seeing a mix of who wins instead of almost always villains like it was) thoughts??
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    tigerbah56 wrote: »
    Personally I don’t think Anakin needs that much of a nerf. If everyone understands how he plays, he can be beat.
    Typical diatribe of Ani supporters. The issue is 90% of players will not learn this just by playing GA. There isn't a Big Flashing Red Light on Ani's head that goes off when Ani squats to take a dump. A majority of players never read these or other forums. BF2015 never needed much education to play it. BF2 now requires a Yuuuuge learning curve for all the intricacies of the heroes, weapons, vehicles and so on.
    Make it so when someone gets a hit on him, he doesn’t recover nearly at all. That way every shot counts. ... thoughts??
    That already happens. You need to study the docs a little more yourself. 😉
    Ani is so overpowered it is laughable---he no longer requires a team in GA. He could have bombad JarJar with him and still win.

• Grinch wrote: »
    Well this game has become totally crap after Anakin update. GA is total mess now. Just tried round on Death star and Empire had 3heroes in first phase already? Steamrolls after steamrolls... Heroes running on first phase on every round especially wonderboy Ani. Would be nice get some answers if matchmaking is ever going to be even tried to make work. I been starting to think that only purpose of this game is to make human experiment on how long people can take crap before leaving and uninstalling product. Im very close to doing it. So excellent job who ever runs this mess.

I hate it now. I literally honestly hate it. I cannot tell you how many games I have played on Light Side where all the heroes are available except Anakin. No one will even take the others. Rey, Luke, Yoda.... all just sit there with no one grabbing them because they'd rather let the team collapse in hopes that Anakin dies and they can be the first to grab him.

Games are 20v20 in GA, but Light side only has 10 people playing because the other 10 are smashing "X" (PS4) over and over at main menu trying to get Anakin. And for some gawdawful **** reason, every match 5 players from each side just start out with 300 battle points. Where the hell did that **** move come from?

The 300 point start has been around since launch. It's very easy actually. You start as an Officer, get as many teammates in front of you as possible and buff them with Battle Command. Boom. Easy 200-700 BP's at the start of every round.

Nope it isn't that at all. I play as officer this way and have for ages. This is not officers giving a buff and getting 200-700. This is 5 on each side starting the game with 300 exactly. Before the match even loads where an officer could give a buff, there are 5 with 300 and the 5 are a mixture of classes.

Yes for some reason they are giving 1 person from each squad 300 points before the match starts

• Nope it isn't that at all. I play as officer this way and have for ages. This is not officers giving a buff and getting 200-700. This is 5 on each side starting the game with 300 exactly. Before the match even loads where an officer could give a buff, there are 5 with 300 and the 5 are a mixture of classes.

I noticed this as well. Is this a new bug / feature?
  • Chico
    498 posts Member
    Eddie7417 wrote: »

Yes for some reason they are giving 1 person from each squad 300 points before the match starts

My guess is that they are giving a squad spawn bonus of 100 each, almost as if one is classed as having the rest of the squad spawning in on them at the start. If this is the case, it should stop happening after the patch tomorrow as they are switching off the spawn bonus again
  • jonci
    1232 posts Member
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    Personally I don’t think Anakin needs that much of a nerf. If everyone understands how he plays, he can be beat.
    Typical diatribe of Ani supporters. The issue is 90% of players will not learn this just by playing GA. There isn't a Big Flashing Red Light on Ani's head that goes off when Ani squats to take a dump. A majority of players never read these or other forums. BF2015 never needed much education to play it. BF2 now requires a Yuuuuge learning curve for all the intricacies of the heroes, weapons, vehicles and so on.
    Make it so when someone gets a hit on him, he doesn’t recover nearly at all. That way every shot counts. ... thoughts??
    Ani is so overpowered it is laughable---he no longer requires a team in GA. He could have bombad JarJar with him and still win.

Why don't you to tell your team not to attack him when he goes to dump on everyone LOL. Education is key, not nerfing.
  • jonci wrote: »

Why don't you to tell your team not to attack him when he goes to dump on everyone LOL. Education is key, not nerfing.

Oh and how do we "tell our team" anything in GA when there's not even a team voice chat??
  • Cadoth
    1182 posts Member
    jonci wrote: »

Lol try to educate the GA bunch, everyone wanting him nerfed knows He's manageable in HvV, still everyone wants him nerfed because he breaks GA, something you'd know if you played anything but HvV.

I think in some cases heroes should have different stats in HvV and in GA
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    jonci wrote: »

Lol try to educate the GA bunch, everyone wanting him nerfed knows He's manageable in HvV, still everyone wants him nerfed because he breaks GA, something you'd know if you played anything but HvV.

I think in some cases heroes should have different stats in HvV and in GA

I totally agree, it's really hard to balance both, and some heroes are good in one but bad in the other, and buffing/nerfing could just break one mode, just give then different stats and you're good, Anakin can still be a gamechanger on HvV and not singlehandedly carrying GA matches.
  • Heroic might does have a cool down, right? Almost every time I see him he is using it and since you can't shoot him from any direction all you can do is block and stand still or slowly back away...not that standing still didn't make you a target for the 19 others on their team... I have yet to see a message in GA saying that Anakin died since his release.
  • Peepzilla
    957 posts Member
    edited March 5

So why play Galactic Assault? BF2015 - the Heroes were untouchable, except for Krennic. Luke was unbelievably over powered in BF1. Grunt troopers stood no chance against him as do they now in BF2 versus Anakin (& most other Bigs).

How dare you. Krennic was untouchable if played correctly.
  • SSJSnoop
    2189 posts Member
    Can you guys wait a couple a months before you beg for nerfs?
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »

You're WAYYY too late with that request.
  • ROMG4
    2955 posts Member
    Peepzilla wrote: »

So why play Galactic Assault? BF2015 - the Heroes were untouchable, except for Krennic. Luke was unbelievably over powered in BF1. Grunt troopers stood no chance against him as do they now in BF2 versus Anakin (& most other Bigs).

How dare you. Krennic was untouchable if played correctly.

"Nothing will interfere with my plans!"
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1

You need to start asking for nerfs now if you want a hotfix in a couple months, or at least by summer. I was playing on Jakku just now and it was the second phase and I went in the door on the empire's far left. Anakin was in the door by the objective and I was still at the corner and he killed me with his heroic might. That thing covers an entire objective and more and you don't think that's a slight bit op? Nobody in the hallway was shooting at him when he went into his stance and he still killed everybody at an incredible range. They should reverse it so he takes normal damage if not a little more when he does that. As of now he just stands out in the middle with no fear of getting hurt.
  • KOCMOC
    34 posts Member
    edited March 5
    remove ability #4 "Anakin turns into atom bomb" AKA "nuclear strike"
    lasers were red - not blue !!!
  • He's been confirmed to get a damage and range cap on heroic might to 450dmg and 20 meter radius. Now people can stop asking for more nerfs. Well, they won't really because their 0bp trooper got one-shot but you know what I mean.
  • SSJSnoop
    2189 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »

You need to start asking for nerfs now if you want a hotfix in a couple months, or at least by summer. I was playing on Jakku just now and it was the second phase and I went in the door on the empire's far left. Anakin was in the door by the objective and I was still at the corner and he killed me with his heroic might. That thing covers an entire objective and more and you don't think that's a slight bit op? Nobody in the hallway was shooting at him when he went into his stance and he still killed everybody at an incredible range. They should reverse it so he takes normal damage if not a little more when he does that. As of now he just stands out in the middle with no fear of getting hurt.

The reason I say wait a few months is because people will understand the character better and will have more experience to base their requests off of.

As it stands most people like yourself are demanding changes based on their limited time and subjective viewpoints.

Just give it some time guys. Is that too much to ask? It's only been a week lol
  • brienj
    690 posts Member

The reason I say wait a few months is because people will understand the character better and will have more experience to base their requests off of.

As it stands most people like yourself are demanding changes based on their limited time and subjective viewpoints.

And the last week has turned GA completely upside down. If the clones get Anakin on Phase 1 of Kamino, it's over, every time now. You used to have it end on Phase 1, maybe 1 out of 20 matches, now it's every match that Anakin appears, which is pretty much all of them lately. Sometimes you get lucky and the other team is a bunch of potatoes, and they don't get Anakin until Phase 2, and then it can make it to the end.
  • Grinch
    246 posts Member
    brienj wrote: »
    And the last week has turned GA completely upside down. If the clones get Anakin on Phase 1 of Kamino, it's over, every time now. You used to have it end on Phase 1, maybe 1 out of 20 matches, now it's every match that Anakin appears, which is pretty much all of them lately. Sometimes you get lucky and the other team is a bunch of potatoes, and they don't get Anakin until Phase 2, and then it can make it to the end.

GA is so effing stupid right now. Just now we were dark side. We held positions 2-12. TWO THROUGH 12! By a fowcking mile. Wasn't even close. Like our 12th place was 2000 points ahead of their second place guy. But little Anna and the tool that cheesed him had 1st place by 10 trillion points.
    "-Need more Lemon Pledge"
    tumblr_m2y1yfKBMg1r0eo86o8_250.gif
  • brienj wrote: »

This....why would we "wait a few months" through this??? It's like this all over every GA map.......oh right the Devs having been getting "positive feedback".
  • SSJSnoop
    2189 posts Member
    Just give it a month at least, or a couple weeks to call for nerfs. 6 days is not enough.

And even then a ton of nerfs have been wrong in this game in the past so really think about what's happening instead of simply how you see it.
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    edited March 6
    just my own personal opinion, hes kind of boring to play as because i dont know if anyone else is like this but i love to play as bad or medium level heroes because its more of a challenge their fun to use, but anakin doesnt really give a hero for anyone to learn or be challenged with.
    Post edited by Colin777 on
    Just give it a month at least, or a couple weeks to call for nerfs. 6 days is not enough.

And even then a ton of nerfs have been wrong in this game in the past so really think about what's happening instead of simply how you see it.

Or vice a versa....right?
  • Chico wrote: »
    Eddie7417 wrote: »

My guess is that they are giving a squad spawn bonus of 100 each, almost as if one is classed as having the rest of the squad spawning in on them at the start. If this is the case, it should stop happening after the patch tomorrow as they are switching off the spawn bonus again

Yeah that is 100% correct because i had another match where game wasn't full and got 200 points for 2 squad players. I dont mind spawn bonus points but not before a match starts.
  • SSJSnoop
    2189 posts Member
    edited March 6

Or vice a versa....right?

Uh, no lol No vicey versi here.
  • So just curious, what is the general outlook for most fans who think about the Anakin nerf?

I’m honestly game tbh. He’s pretty much fine now, but seeing the comment “it was confusing for others who don’t see it happening”, just kind of made me confused tbh. Hopefully more players can adjust to him now so they know not to attack him now.
  • So just curious, what is the general outlook for most fans who think about the Anakin nerf?

I’m honestly game tbh. He’s pretty much fine now, but seeing the comment “it was confusing for others who don’t see it happening”, just kind of made me confused tbh. Hopefully more players can adjust to him now so they know not to attack him now.

Well I main GA and can honestly say I've been killed by his heroic thing only a handful of times. When I see him charging it I just stop shooting and get to a safe distance.

Actually, when I'm with some team mates who all do the same thing once he's activated it and 4/5 or us survive we can melt him and he has to run.

I honestly don't think he needs nerfing that much... If at all.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    JediJulius wrote: »
    It primarily charges from him eating damage while charging it. Just don't attack him and the radius will be much smaller and damage will be much lower. It's like a 360 super Yoda Unleash.

So if you don't attack him, how you gonna kill him?

Waiting for him to waste his ability?, why start shooting at him when he uses his ability, while you can run from it instead?
    shoot him before the begins to use it, afterwards when he does, run the heck away, then comeback after and shoot him again?
  • Dying by Anakin? lack of defense

Killing Anakin? balanced use of defense, and attacks, and to aggressiv, Anakin is aggressiv, but other attacking him? should go with care and defense to avoid getting killed fast.
  • KarlosBandidos
    84 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Playing HvV last night most people had caught on how to deal with him.
    He rarely topped the leaderboard.
    Darth Vader just stood there right next to him, blocking, waiting for him to release his Heroic Might, then slaughtered him.

Post edited by KarlosBandidos on
  • ROMG4
    2955 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Darth Vader just stood there right next to him, blocking, waiting for him to release his Heroic Might, then slaughtered him.

Sounds like that Anakin was awful at the game

Anakin's kit leaves him facing no pressure in Saber fights. From your description it sounds like that Anakin relies entirely on Heroic might because he doesn't understand the character. A good Anakin would have just looked at that blocking Vader and hit Vader with Heavy strike and than would have stun locked him with normal saber hits that would have easily earned Anakin 400-500 unavoidable damage on Vader

If Vader just blocked again Anakin can simply wait for the heavy strike to cooldown or for someone else to come disrupt Vader. Or simply bait Vader into moving so he can use pull or something

It doesn't matter how bad some people play him. Some people just can't do well even if they were invincible. It's what good players can do that makes him broken
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

Sounds like that Anakin was awful at the game

Anakin's kit leaves him facing no pressure in Saber fights. From your description it sounds like that Anakin relies entirely on Heroic might because he doesn't understand the character. A good Anakin would have just looked at that blocking Vader and hit Vader with Heavy strike and than would have stun locked him with normal saber hits that would have easily earned Anakin 400-500 unavoidable damage on Vader

If Vader just blocked again Anakin can simply wait for the heavy strike to cooldown or for someone else to come disrupt Vader. Or simply bait Vader into moving so he can use pull or something

It doesn't matter how bad some people play him. Some people just can't do well even if they were invincible. It's what good players can do that makes him broken

This. Here's a clip of an anakin player who doesn't rely on that move

• Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Just to confirm Anakin is still massively op

I just literally carried my whole team to victory on deathstar killing numerous villains along the way with ease

My Anakin in is only level 8
  • Lee1981 wrote: »

I just literally carried my whole team to victory on deathstar killing numerous villains along the way with ease

He's fine.
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »

He's fine.
    Whatever
    Obviously you have some weird obsession with the character which blinds you from reality

Obviously you have a hatred with the character which blinds you from reality. Just be kylo man that's his only counter. If you want to get rid of anakins here is a tip a friend taught me. Slightly jump & use pull & immediately after press freeze & he's frozen this combo goes through blocks. I also tried to tell ya his hm would still be amazing lol. Even if it doesn't kill heros it's just charging his ultimate which will kill a hero directly or indirectly. He is overpowered in GA but mostly do to the fact that people charge him up. Also his ultimate should be an ultimate & have an extremely long charge up.
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member

He's fine.
    Whatever
    Obviously you have some weird obsession with the character which blinds you from reality
    He is overpowered in GA
    Thought you said he wasn’t

Make your mind up, on second thoughts don’t bother, you don’t have to be a genius to see that he is op, is what it is I suppose