criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

The great big Anakin feedback thread

Replies

• Wrythley wrote: »
    Anakin's 'Heroic Might' ability is much too overpowered; it oneshots Boba Fett, it even oneshot Vader at around 75% health! (With the Health Buff!) And might I mention; it goes really far once fully charged up, with no damage scaling! Either fix or nerf the ability, as currently it makes the game unenjoyable (At least on HvV) for the opposing side. There should at least be a way to break his charge-up. (e.g. Vader's Choke, Palpatine's Lightning, Iden's Stun, Maul's Throw. Any stun move.)

Anakin is not OP in HvV. All you need to do is block his abilities and not stupidly spam your ligthsaber at him when he charges up his Heroic Might.

In GA on the other hand, his Heroic Might definitely needs a damage cap so that it doesn’t one shot heroes who aren’t even near him.

Blaster Heroes (and Palpatine) can't block force attacks. Boba Fett with 550 health attempting to fly away whilst other villains are attacking him? Dead. Iden Versio attempting to stun him and run away? Dead. Bossk? Dead. Palpatine? Dead. Maul? Dead. However, now that the ability is fixed, I can stop complaining.
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Just to confirm Anakin is still massively op

I just literally carried my whole team to victory on deathstar killing numerous villains along the way with ease

My Anakin in is only level 8

He's fine.
    Whatever
    Obviously you have some weird obsession with the character which blinds you from reality
    He is overpowered in GA
    Thought you said he wasn’t

Make your mind up, on second thoughts don’t bother, you don’t have to be a genius to see that he is op, is what it is I suppose

Nah ive said he's op in GA & in HvV the mode i primarily play he isn't.
  • SSJSnoop
    2182 posts Member
    Just stop w/ the hyperbole people.

Do you really think he's the most Over Powered hero in the whole game now? The Light side?
  • I still feel that he’s kind of OP. I do enjoy him, but maybe if the heroic night was reduced a bit more, I feel it would be good.
  • It seems most people are fine with him now.

So to be blunt, most people are fine with how he is and that he shouldn’t need more nerfs. The general idea is that you need to stop shooting him when he uses his Heroic Might and his Retribution is fine since it does take a long time to use.

And that if you don’t know how to deal with him, you should be punished apparently.

I guess some of us are in the minority and that maybe we should adapt, but I still feel he is kind of annoying, but that’s just me I guess.
  • They seap the fun out more and more with each addition. A game with this many "stuns" just seems to pander to 6 year old gamers who need you to be locked still and frozen from combat....then they can shoot you. Kind of like when they added the "shock grenade" to BF15 and it was so OP they had to nerf it twice. Nobody then was asking for such a cheap accessory either and it was nothing but frustrating when it showed up with the Bespin DLC.

I digress....oh Dice..
  • I still feel that he’s kind of OP. I do enjoy him, but maybe if the heroic night was reduced a bit more, I feel it would be good.

Woah there. Can only be 1 me you imposter
  • ROMG4
    2955 posts Member
    I still feel that he’s kind of OP. I do enjoy him, but maybe if the heroic night was reduced a bit more, I feel it would be good.

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    I still feel that he’s kind of OP. I do enjoy him, but maybe if the heroic night was reduced a bit more, I feel it would be good.

Great post. +1 HueHueHue

"There seems to be a RIFT happening with The Beatles." - Duey Cox
  • Well, considering how most players seem to be fine with him now, it seems that I am.

But regardless, do you think he’s perfect now? Powerful, but not broken?

And sorry, I kind of made this account because I love the character.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    If you don't think people are out there purposely shooting him to kill their entire team you either haven't been playing or don't know this game's community that well. Hell, someone already confessed to Rocket Barraging him during Heroic Might every match possible to watch a nuke get dropped on his own team.

I’d be willing to bet a fair amount of credits that a significant portion of the “See how OP he is?!” posts/videos resulted directly from these self-sabotaging “teammates”.

The simplest solution (I addressed this in another thread but cannot find it) would have been that the skill only affect those that had engaged Anakin during the skill’s charge up period.

Well, simplest from the perspective of the player. The devs can’t even fix a simple lobby player count issue.

*cough* Strike *cough*
  • So wait, his max damage and radius grow over time or is it always the same?
  • brienj
    690 posts Member
    Omniscient wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    If you don't think people are out there purposely shooting him to kill their entire team you either haven't been playing or don't know this game's community that well. Hell, someone already confessed to Rocket Barraging him during Heroic Might every match possible to watch a nuke get dropped on his own team.

I’d be willing to bet a fair amount of credits that a significant portion of the “See how OP he is?!” posts/videos resulted directly from these self-sabotaging “teammates”.

The simplest solution (I addressed this in another thread but cannot find it) would have been that the skill only affect those that had engaged Anakin during the skill’s charge up period.

Well, simplest from the perspective of the player. The devs can’t even fix a simple lobby player count issue.

*cough* Strike *cough*

That's exactly what I've been saying for a long time now. Only the people who damage him during HM should get the extra damage. Everyone else should get the base damage only.

BTW, You shouldn't shoot him during HM, but it works wonderfully well to shoot him during his Retribution animation, as seen in this clip I made. After I had chipped off some of his health with barrage and impact grenade, he did his Retribution, and I and some others finished him off.
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjaTYeFR8yWVjUJ2S8d-4PfEs8E5
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Why is little orphan Ani 1,000 health?? Because of Damage Reduction (not even during his HM dump spell) I can unload on him with a Dark Trooper and Ani just walks up and sends ME packing. A lot of the Ani's (and heroes/villains in general) are _diots who walk in straight lines right at you. No need to swerve or dodge or pretend like you're in any danger... because you aren't... . 🙊🙈🙉
  • DarthJ
    6758 posts Member

Hes more deserving of the rank of master than you are
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    Hahaha, thats what I'm talking about! @F8RGE stay strong. Don't Cave on this. What really needs to happen is have @Guillaume_Dice start working pronto on getting more ultimates out to the rest of the cast. I wan't to have as much fun as I do playing Palps, Bossk, and anakin on everyone else. Chewbacca, Luke, Kylo, ect. The first hero since launch that I can give you a 10/10 on.

The fact 7 people have agreed with this statement is darn right silly

giphy.gif

I give up. It is clear now this game will never be seriously balanced again. The developers and players clearly do not want it to be. If the audience wants nothing more then a casual silly button mash game instead of a competitive and thoughtful star wars game where you actually have to have skill to be successful, alright then. All because people want to feel "STRONG AND POWAHFUL!!!!" without actually putting in the effort to be so. Who cares about everyone else as long as your wiping out 4 other heroes just by holding a button down it's all fine. I hope you remember this when players like me start getting purple Anakin cards

giphy.gif

Spot on brother. Spot on....
    Make Maul great again.
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Hes more deserving of the rank of master than you are
    I mean, what did this user even do exactly? Not saying I think they are bad, but I just find it annoying sometimes.
  • They seap the fun out more and more with each addition. A game with this many "stuns" just seems to pander to 6 year old gamers who need you to be locked still and frozen from combat....then they can shoot you.

The force pushes and pullers makes it interesting again to play as LS. Boba, Palpatine and Boosk cant just camp and run away no more. They are tossed around and humiliated and even if they don't represent the strongest Villain, they were always the most annoying, they now have to hide and plan their moves.

Anakin give us a reason to play an underpowered hero like Luke. He is probably never gonna reach the top, but now people can play him as a decent support character who blends in well.

No real need for a blaster-hero right now when we have Anakin. Sure a very good one will wreck, but us less-good can always get a lasersword and start push-pull-repulse-mind trick and have our own little chaos, untill someone eventually win
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Remove knock down on passionate strike and for heroes that block, make passionate strike drain all stamina and then hell be closer to balanced, then lower max health to 800
  • Colin777 wrote: »
    Remove knock down on passionate strike and for heroes that block, make passionate strike drain all stamina and then hell be closer to balanced, then lower max health to 800

His health is 800 smh
  • They seap the fun out more and more with each addition. A game with this many "stuns" just seems to pander to 6 year old gamers who need you to be locked still and frozen from combat....then they can shoot you.

The force pushes and pullers makes it interesting again to play as LS. Boba, Palpatine and Boosk cant just camp and run away no more. They are tossed around and humiliated and even if they don't represent the strongest Villain, they were always the most annoying, they now have to hide and plan their moves.

Anakin give us a reason to play an underpowered hero like Luke. He is probably never gonna reach the top, but now people can play him as a decent support character who blends in well.

No real need for a blaster-hero right now when we have Anakin. Sure a very good one will wreck, but us less-good can always get a lasersword and start push-pull-repulse-mind trick and have our own little chaos, untill someone eventually win

So in other words, Anakin balances out the playing field now?
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Colin777 wrote: »

His health is 800 smh

Max buddy “MAX” is the key word
  • Colin777 wrote: »

His health is 800 smh

Exactly so you want him to have 600 health is what I'm getting?
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    600 and NO Damage Reduction!!!

I'm tired of plugging Heroes full of holes only to see they've lost a mere ~2-300 health. 🙄🙄
    Tonight, I had Chewie in the cross-hairs of my Death Trooper. I unloaded on the dude. One of his pals saved him and killed me instead. And, then, yeah, Chewie was just fine.

The Damage Reduction for Heroes & Villains is lame. Totally lame.
    And, yet, I find players who hide behind heroes & villains 80% of the time to be most annoying. If Damage Reduction were eliminated, they'd have to run and hide as well.

• jonci
    1229 posts Member
    jonci wrote: »
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    tigerbah56 wrote: »
    Personally I don’t think Anakin needs that much of a nerf. If everyone understands how he plays, he can be beat.
    Typical diatribe of Ani supporters. The issue is 90% of players will not learn this just by playing GA. There isn't a Big Flashing Red Light on Ani's head that goes off when Ani squats to take a dump. A majority of players never read these or other forums. BF2015 never needed much education to play it. BF2 now requires a Yuuuuge learning curve for all the intricacies of the heroes, weapons, vehicles and so on.
    Make it so when someone gets a hit on him, he doesn’t recover nearly at all. That way every shot counts. ... thoughts??
    That already happens. You need to study the docs a little more yourself. 😉
    Ani is so overpowered it is laughable---he no longer requires a team in GA. He could have bombad JarJar with him and still win.

Why don't you to tell your team not to attack him when he goes to dump on everyone LOL. Education is key, not nerfing.

Oh and how do we "tell our team" anything in GA when there's not even a team voice chat??

Sorry is there no way of typing on your version of the game, sorry to hear that, my apologies must just be in my version then, or are you one of the console monkeys that cant compete with the PC master race?
  • vidic1
    17 posts Member
    Are you seriously stupid? You put out a “hot fix” yet anakin’s Heroic might still kills heroes with FULL health he just did it to me while I was bossk, pathetic companies!
  • vidic1 wrote: »
    Are you seriously stupid? You put out a “hot fix” yet anakin’s Heroic might still kills heroes with FULL health he just did it to me while I was bossk, pathetic companies!

Metal Bawkses, the cowards, the foowlss.

Sorry, it came to my mind reading pathetic :D
  • brienj
    690 posts Member
    Personally I don’t think Anakin needs that much of a nerf. If everyone understands how he plays, he can be beat.
    Typical diatribe of Ani supporters. The issue is 90% of players will not learn this just by playing GA. There isn't a Big Flashing Red Light on Ani's head that goes off when Ani squats to take a dump. A majority of players never read these or other forums. BF2015 never needed much education to play it. BF2 now requires a Yuuuuge learning curve for all the intricacies of the heroes, weapons, vehicles and so on.
    Make it so when someone gets a hit on him, he doesn’t recover nearly at all. That way every shot counts. ... thoughts??
    Ani is so overpowered it is laughable---he no longer requires a team in GA. He could have bombad JarJar with him and still win.

Why don't you to tell your team not to attack him when he goes to dump on everyone LOL. Education is key, not nerfing.

Oh and how do we "tell our team" anything in GA when there's not even a team voice chat??

Sorry is there no way of typing on your version of the game, sorry to hear that, my apologies must just be in my version then, or are you one of the console monkeys that cant compete with the PC master race?

It takes more skill to kill with a controller, instead of keyboard/mouse, and there are less cheaters on console than PC. You may still have people that use modded controllers and lag switches, but at least there are no wall hacks, etc. on console. Maybe you can't handle being on a cheat free platform ...
  • brienj wrote: »

It takes more skill to kill with a controller, instead of keyboard/mouse, and there are less cheaters on console than PC. You may still have people that use modded controllers and lag switches, but at least there are no wall hacks, etc. on console. Maybe you can't handle being on a cheat free platform ...

I've played on all platforms and console is definitely the most immersive and rewarding for me. Less cheats, more realistic. Brilliant.

Nothing against PC at all btw.
  • jonci wrote: »

Elitist much???? Good grief.
  • Give us an option where we can play with an Anakin voiced by Hayden or Mat Lucas because Matt Lanter is terrible and fix Anakin’s face so he looks like Hayden because he looks nothing like him
  • Who play tested Annie and in what modes?
    #StarWars-y
  • GA remains broken because of Anakin and will probably make the new game mode unplayable if the capture points are similar to SWB15.

Heroic might should not have 90% damage reduction. It should be nerfed to 60% because right now there is no gamble for a lvl 25 in rushing a spawn point or a heavily fortified area.

Retribution also needs to build up more slowly. Way too easy to get thanks to how OP heroic might is.

Also, his guard break shouldn't allow him to combo another ability immediately after, just like how Vader shouldn't have the coke throw combo.

B-b-b-but ...Bosskk and Vader! Haha.

Well said man.
  • brienj
    690 posts Member
    brienj wrote: »

I've played on all platforms and console is definitely the most immersive and rewarding for me. Less cheats, more realistic. Brilliant.

Nothing against PC at all btw.

Yeah, I play games on PC all the time, the problem is all the rampant cheaters in online games. I prefer to play on console if it is available for an online game, but still play a lot of games online on PC, that aren't on console.
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    600 and NO Damage Reduction!!!

I'm tired of plugging Heroes full of holes only to see they've lost a mere ~2-300 health. 🙄🙄
    Tonight, I had Chewie in the cross-hairs of my Death Trooper. I unloaded on the dude. One of his pals saved him and killed me instead. And, then, yeah, Chewie was just fine.

The Damage Reduction for Heroes & Villains is lame. Totally lame.
    And, yet, I find players who hide behind heroes & villains 80% of the time to be most annoying. If Damage Reduction were eliminated, they'd have to run and hide as well.

Not to go against your logic, but chewie has no damage reduction and is super fragile, he has more health though, next time a sneaky overload should melt him, just saying...
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member

His health is 800 smh

Exactly so you want him to have 600 health is what I'm getting?

Nah dont give him a increased health starcard just give him 800 or 850
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Increase recharge time on anakins force pull by like a second

Either get rid of saber stun or make it so his passionate strike doenst knock down enemies, instead make it drain all of an enemys stamina for 4 second if he uses passionate strike on a player thats blocking

Lower his health so he cant have a maxed 1,000

And decrease the radius on retributions force push
  • He's still OP after the last patch.
    It's weird a character getting untouchable while loading the damage increase of an ability.
    Anakin os always in the first place in HvV podium.
    We need a distributed hero balance, not a compensation in one character.
    It's weird a character getting untouchable while loading the damage increase of an ability.

He's not always first I consistently best anakins & a good han can beat him on the leaderboard

He's not always first I consistently best anakins & a good han can beat him on the leaderboard

Ok.
    Almost always.
    Maybe 90-95% of the HvV matches I played had Anakin as 1st place with a good point difference from the 2nd place.
    For me that's a good evidence that he is far more powerful (like Palpatine said) than the other heroes.
  • i say this a lot but i really wouldve wished that anakin had a jump attack ability like in the movies, i was hoping passionate strike would be like that
  • hello there,

i was not able to play anakin before the hotfix but few times today, i was not able block any attack. the button just doesn't work at all. i play on xbox . by the way, he is still very strong and the 20m impact is far too much. he is a great hero. all of them should be stronger.
  • brienj
    690 posts Member
    i say this a lot but i really wouldve wished that anakin had a jump attack ability like in the movies, i was hoping passionate strike would be like that

One where he gets his legs cut off, since he doesn't have the higher ground? :D
  • brienj wrote: »
    i say this a lot but i really wouldve wished that anakin had a jump attack ability like in the movies, i was hoping passionate strike would be like that

One where he gets his legs cut off, since he doesn't have the higher ground? :D

Haha, but yes
  • anakin needs a killswitch

I got 80 ks on pc without even trying after update.

• Colin777
    646 posts Member
    edited March 8
    @F8RGE
    Im sorry but im really disappointed, i know you guys dont owe me anything but i know a lot of people love anakin and hes not a very fun character to use, ive posted a lot of threads about anakin but i feel they are overlook. But im just one person i know lots agree with me but im not enough for you guys to change anakin, i think this is my last post about anakin but i really want his toned down like his passionate strike shouldnt knock down heroes they should just break their block by getting rid of all their stamina for like 4 seconds, heroic might is better, but his health is too much for someone that has a 140 base attack damage and more with star cards while also having 3 abilitys being able to kill all 4 infantry, and he has 4 abilities that stun heroes. Hes boring to use you dont need to learn to use him at all and theirs no challenge given to you when playing as anakin and as a person who loves the character is disappointed that hes not fun to play as, he also has a way to quick recharge time on his pull dominance given you the chance to hit your enemy a couple time for them to runaway and you to pull them once again. Please fix this, if you find my argument reasonable and logical, thank you
    @F8RGE @IronSoldier
  • SSJSnoop
    2182 posts Member
    You guys act like Anakin's abilities are glitching and killing people unfairly like they were Palpatine's electricity thru walls.