criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

The great big Anakin feedback thread

18910111214Next

Replies

• hardvibes
    28 posts Member
    Then also remove Boba "the flying troll" Fett from the opposite team....
  • Odinnir
    66 posts Member
    Puut wrote: »
    I just think you guys are a bit afraid of nerfing Anakin....

Please just remove him temprary and completely overhaul him.

At this point you are just a noob. He's fine now.
  • centra28
    12 posts Member
    just like the movies right?
  • he is nowhere near fine imo. that may be my lag rage talking though. the internet options where I live kind of suck, and it's caused a lot of "Is that the chosen one?" proceed to run, get through a door, and randomly drop dead, because somewhere in my lag induced run away, i got hit with pull dominance. why is force pull an OHKO?! like for real. i could understand like, 50% health as damage but, just getting one shotted because I got force pulled is annoying.
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    1938 posts Member
    edited May 9
    Psy3d wrote: »
    Ani is not useless...yet. But in GA/CS, since the patch is easier to take him down...specially after the frame increase during R move. If you use a hit n run technique like Luke for GA/CS and do the border run...you can rack up kills. He definitely doesn't feel like a tank anymore.

In HvV/HS he's still an all rounder but Kylo/Dooku can get rid of him faster than any other. IMHO enough with the Ani nerfs.

Every other Hero in GA and CS has multiple options of being taken down by Troopers alone...not with a special hero in the perfect scenario. Anakin is so out of place in those modes that even you suggest forcing people to have the BP and pick "Kylo or Dooku" as the best bets...in your opinion. That is still a "broken" reality for those modes if you can only take down Anakin as infantry classes is if the Anakin player is inexperienced and is allowing stingers and shotguns up close. That's imbalance and it's of a nature that was NOT there before Anakin showed up...and he is still game breaking, unnecessarily OP. Call them "nerfs" all you want, it hasn't changed the scenario of it being "The Anakin Show" in almost every GA round for hundreds of matches a day.

I've edited the quote and the final line here as it no longer applies with the quote edited ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • El_Mackus
    215 posts Member
    "Do you think your WuTang sword can defeat me? on guard ill let you try my WuTang style"

first of all, if you use shooters please stop using them now reasons being:
    ---they cannot apply the pressure necessary to engage anakin and keep him at low health or smother him from having free will in the battlefront.
    Guns,shocks, rockets,bombs wont stop a smart/good anakin from targeting anybody he wants, he'll absorb all the blaster fire or explosive damage coming from shooters and unleash it on defenseless shooters nearby.
    bossk,iden, boba really add to his damage output you wont survive long without running away every encounter

----to properly HANDLE a good/smart anakin, 1 person must dedicate themselves to engaging anakin and keeping him oppressed as much as possible. 2 people maybe if the other fails or simply back up to finish the job or distract his insane ability combos.

*the art of shadowboxing will significantly help any saber hereo become god mode:
    dodge when they dodge, mirror their everything to your best ability.

--kylo ren (resilience, berserking tantrum, and bloodlust) can really outperform anakin if he gets the initiative or simply release heavy damage without reducing speed, he's great at preventing and distracting anakin from really doing any harm to other teammates, careful not to get tangled with him unless your nearby another villain(s) activating his resilience star card and matching his massive strikes star card. stay loose and flank his back, get a few strokes in and play off his mistakes.

--darth vader: a tank able to go toe to toe with anakin and occupy his mind for the entire match, high health pool and stamina block really helps with anakins speed. his choke combinations are what should define every encounter and leave anakin with medium to low health. that being said vader is still quite fast in my opinion with his dodges helping him to achieve a greater feel of speed. engage and keep him occupied or make anakin pay for turning his back to you.
    stay loose and flank his back, get a few strokes in and play off his mistakes

---darth maul: since his block release, maul has taken to new heights. if you cant accept aggressive gorilla tactics or a hardcore shadowboxing play style then youre chances of defeating anakin are slim. mauls speed can really put a number on any unsuspecting victim especially cocky anakins who play stagnant. dodges and dashes should be the basis for all your attacks controlling his center line of attack and placing him in awkward defensive positions eventually exposing his back, opening up fast deadly strikes. fool me once, flow motion, and forceful thrust allow maul to close gaps and keep the unwanted pressure anakin doesnt want at any given time. you are the last character hes worried about most of the times use this to your advantage and it will be his downfall

"the game of chess, is like a sword fight, you must think first before you move" - The WuTang Clan
  • il96
    570 posts Member
    edited May 9
    Great thread!!
    You can add Dooku with Extra Damage with Duelist, Extra Damage on Exposed Weakness & Regen Health Card. Essentially spar with Anakin until you know he doesn't have Pull, then try to get duelist and exposed weakness on at the same time. He WILL run/jump away, when he does hit him with the Lighting as he lands and that's your moment, if he blocks it, reset the whole process. Its a duel not a spam R2 fest & you as Dooku get an extra dodge.

Edit: The best time to trigger the Exposed Weakness (since when you activate it he runs immediately) Is when Anakin is in HM animation or jumping towards you. You gotta be in very close proximity or he will flee. Exposed Weakness is you ace in the hole.
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • OcDoc
    1679 posts Member
    I agree with adding Dooku to the list. Just block till Anakin has used his force abilities and get free to activate Duelist and go wreck Anakin.

I also would like to add Bossk. I think a rookie can throw mines and gas down and then jump and roll around in that area while firing Predator grenades enough to take out Anakin 1v1. An experienced player definitely can. Bossk’s grenades are so freaking powerful and go right through blocks. Mines and gas are passive attacks. So all you have to do is evade in the area of your gas and mines and land some grenade shots.
  • CC_1010
    1421 posts Member
    El_Mackus wrote: »
    "Do you think your WuTang sword can defeat me? on guard ill let you try my WuTang style"

---they cannot apply the pressure necessary to engage anakin and keep him at low health or smother him from having free will in the battlefront.
    Guns,shocks, rockets,bombs wont stop a smart/good anakin from targeting anybody he wants, he'll absorb all the blaster fire or explosive damage coming from shooters and unleash it on defenseless shooters nearby.
    bossk,iden, boba really add to his damage output you wont survive long without running away every encounter

----to properly HANDLE a good/smart anakin, 1 person must dedicate themselves to engaging anakin and keeping him oppressed as much as possible. 2 people maybe if the other fails or simply back up to finish the job or distract his insane ability combos.

*the art of shadowboxing will significantly help any saber hereo become god mode:

--kylo ren (resilience, berserking tantrum, and bloodlust) can really outperform anakin if he gets the initiative or simply release heavy damage without reducing speed, he's great at preventing and distracting anakin from really doing any harm to other teammates, careful not to get tangled with him unless your nearby another villain(s) activating his resilience star card and matching his massive strikes star card. stay loose and flank his back, get a few strokes in and play off his mistakes.

--darth vader: a tank able to go toe to toe with anakin and occupy his mind for the entire match, high health pool and stamina block really helps with anakins speed. his choke combinations are what should define every encounter and leave anakin with medium to low health. that being said vader is still quite fast in my opinion with his dodges helping him to achieve a greater feel of speed. engage and keep him occupied or make anakin pay for turning his back to you.

---darth maul: since his block release, maul has taken to new heights. if you cant accept aggressive gorilla tactics or a hardcore shadowboxing play style then youre chances of defeating anakin are slim. mauls speed can really put a number on any unsuspecting victim especially cocky anakins who play stagnant. dodges and dashes should be the basis for all your attacks controlling his center line of attack and placing him in awkward defensive positions eventually exposing his back, opening up fast deadly strikes. fool me once, flow motion, and forceful thrust allow maul to close gaps and keep the unwanted pressure anakin doesnt want at any given time. you are the last character hes worried about most of the times use this to your advantage and it will be his downfall

"the game of chess, is like a sword fight, you must think first before you move" - The WuTang Clan

Great thread. I don’t think the 3 lols are fair:)
    Vader can massacre him with upgraded lightsaber throw, longer and stronger choke.
  • willywonka7
    1556 posts Member
    Force pushes and pulls are typically one hit kills on all standard troopers, except the heavy.......this applies to many characters.
  • he is nowhere near fine imo. that may be my lag rage talking though. the internet options where I live kind of suck, and it's caused a lot of "Is that the chosen one?" proceed to run, get through a door, and randomly drop dead, because somewhere in my lag induced run away, i got hit with pull dominance. why is force pull an OHKO?! like for real. i could understand like, 50% health as damage but, just getting one shotted because I got force pulled is annoying.

Dude you sorry then because of they nerf him anymore then he will be so weak and trash you need to know how to play the game.
  • Rivershark56
    2882 posts Member
    I'm going to listen to Wu Tang Clan this afternoon while playing.
  • CLASH_ImPuLse
    15 posts Member
    edited May 9
    Hey everyone!

I originally intended to post this in General Discussion, it is currently there! Please follow this link to get there!

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/136652/anakin-skywalker-why-this-hero-isnt-balanced-and-suggestions
    Cheers!
    CLASH_ImPuLse
    Post edited by CLASH_ImPuLse on
  • El_Mackus
    215 posts Member
    I'm going to listen to Wu Tang Clan this afternoon while playing.

Haha there you go, 36 Chambers album really hypes you up huh
  • Did we forget about Grievous? I have been able to destroy several Anakin's with him.
  • Voter_Colonel
    771 posts Member
    edited May 9
    How to beat Anakin whilst playing any saber villain:
    1. Block while he does his pull.
    2. Block while he does his squat-fart
    3. Step casually to the side while he does his Slow Strike.
    4. Kill him. Kill him now.
  • El_Mackus
    215 posts Member
    How to beat Anakin whilst playing any saber villain:
    1. Block while he does his pull.
    2. Block while he does his squat-fart
    3. Step casually to the side while he does his Slow Strike.
    4. Kill him. Kill him now.

Lol no doubt no doubt
  • El_Mackus
    215 posts Member
    Did we forget about Grievous? I have been able to destroy several Anakin's with him.

I wouldn't doubt your abilities, but I just grievous is really slow, like too heavy
  • El_Mackus
    215 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    El_Mackus wrote: »

Great thread. I don’t think the 3 lols are fair:)
    Vader can massacre him with upgraded lightsaber throw, longer and stronger choke.

Haters will hate, and thank you my genie and I totally agree with you Vader's saber throw and choke combo is deadly af
  • El_Mackus wrote: »

jhk3ldm3c0jy.gif
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Totommm
    18 posts Member
    I agree with both sides about Anakin nerf. It would be ridiculous to make him weaker but something has to be done.

Watching videos of best killstreak sessions, I noticed that players use more his abilities than his lightsaber. It gives the impression that the combo recipe is more important than skills.

I can accept that he can clean a room with "special" powers (heroic might and retribution). However, I personally don't like his immortality when he use them. I'm not saying that I want a realistic game, but it bothers me when 5 troopers are firing on him and nothing happens ... and he can get life back on top of that. I agree: players should stop firing, but there are many situations where you don't see it coming (it's not a problem with heros vs villains)... and as I said, I don't like the idea :) Anakin is quick, strong and impulsive, not bulletproof.

Other heros have similar damage reduction, but they're running - we can "imagine" that blaster aiming isn't as efficient as if the target was still. Heroic might shouldn't be bulletproof. The player would increase the range by keeping the button pressed at his own risk (as with Obiwan)

About Retribution, I don't like this ability :smile: because, to me it should be a villain ability of Vader or Palpatine (I'm thinking about Clone Wars when Palpatine arrvies on Mandalore).
    With Anakin (a good guy)it should be a last resort action: whenever he uses it, it should empty stamina and only few points of life should remain. So we would use it just before dying or with a safe retreat plan.

I know I'm digressing, but it would be nice if abilities use stamina instead of time. Maybe Dice checked it and I'm wrong. It would lead to a different strategy. Some abilities would cost more stamina than others and would significantly impact what we can do with the light saber after using them. We woud be able to use a same ability serveral times (if not too expensive). I'm thinking about that because a spell like Retribution would be a spell that cost 3/4 of stamina. Anyway! another topic, and surely another game :)
  • I should clarify, that I feel his “choke everyone around him” move, should work on a timer rather than the “my allies are dying, time to be a mary sue” charge up thing it works on now.

That and reduce it’s damage, and as said, have him take damage while using it, so that you could potentially kill him before he uses it. Make it a risk/reward type thing. And i’d be fine.

• CLASH_ImPuLse
    15 posts Member
    edited May 9
    Hey everyone!

This thread is going to cover the issues that I personally see with Anakin Skywalker and some collected suggestions that I believe will help push him in the right direction. I know that this is a very controversial topic, but I can guarantee you that these thoughts are as unbiased as possible.

I have done some research both while playing Anakin and while playing against him. Compared to the rest of the competition (Other heroes and villians), Anakin is very powerful. Having 4 abilities puts him on the top of the food chain, and the usefulness of all of his abilities outweigh that of his competition. On top of this, Anakin has little to no weaknesses. A large health pool, strong damage output, a very long range (for a lightsaber-wielding hero), and a healthy stamina pool.

This video showcases three clips, all of my gameplay as Anakin in a Capital Supremacy match.

Clip No. 1: Anakin's Heroic Might ability is extremely powerful. On top of receiving damage reduction, the ability has an incredibly extreme range. Anakin has no penalty for running into a crowd of enemies and using this ability. I ran into that crowd knowing a few things:
    a.) There were enough enemies to shoot at me and increase the potency of the ability.
    b.) There were enough enemies for me to kill and recover all of my health.
    c.) Damage reduction would keep me alive.

Key points from Clip No. 1:
    a.) 10 kills with one ability.
    b.) Notice my health. My move was executed without losing more than 150 health (about 17% of my max health (875)). That's INSANE damage reduction.

Clip No. 2: Anakin's Retribution ability is just a second Heroic Might. Many of the key points from above still hold true. Damage reduction, range, killing capability. Again, Anakin has NO penalty for running into a crowd of enemies and using this ability.

Key point from Clip No. 2:
    a.) During the entire duration of that ability, my health did not fall below 830, I did not lose more than 45 HP, despite gunfire, explosions, and General Grevious slicing into my side.

Clip No. 3: Anakin's Pull Dominance (along with his Attraction star card) has an incredible range. Aside from the long range, it's incredibly potent. Albeit the shock grenade flew Dooku farther, Anakin's Pull Dominance has no issue with bringing his enemies within slicing range. This clip also showcases Anakin's lethal combo. An initial Pull with a short Heroic Might and finishing Passionate Strike leaves enough time for any villain to be erased by Anakin and his allies.

Key points from Clip No. 3:
    a.) Anakin has a healthy range and does not struggle with enemies at a medium distance.
    b.) Anakin's combo allows for any villain to be off of their feet and vulnerable for a long duration.

Suggestions:

These are some of my suggestions, not all of them are intended to be implemented all at once, just throwing out some ideas.

Suggestion A :
    Convert Anakin's Reprisal (health on kill) star card to kills with Passionate Strike.
    This will partially disable Anakin's ability to storm into a crowd of enemies without penalty. Converting Reprisal to Passionate Strike kills allows for a stronger incentive to use it on enemies, and it removes his crowd control dominance.

Suggestion B :
    Heavily reduce the damage reduction in Heroic Might and Retribution.
    In their current state, along with Reprisal, these two abilities give Anakin invulnerability. Heroic Might needs to be more of a higher risk to use. If I'm playing Anakin, I should have to really think about running into a room packed with enemies. In it's current state, I won't think at all. I will run in and use the ability knowing that I will just kill everyone and get my health back. That, in my opinion, is not balanced.

Suggestion C :
    Remove Anakin's immunity to force abilities while under the effect of Heroic Might and Retribution.
    Currently, Anakin cannot be affected by any force abilities while using Heroic Might or Retribution. Changing this will allow for unaffected villains to disable him before he strikes.

Suggestion D :
    Reduce Anakin's stamina pool.
    General Grevious (My personal favorite villain) is a powerhouse. High health and huge damage output. His weakness? Stamina. Grevious is an incredibly powerful villain, but his weakness comes with blocking and stamina drain. If this were to be applied to Anakin, it would push him to being less durable and more offensive.

Suggestion E :
    Buff all of the other heroes and villains. Perhaps give each one a fourth ability.
    A more broad suggestion for separate discussion, but there are just so many heroes/villains that lack the raw strength that Anakin wields. Adding an additional ability for every hero and villain and reworking some of their abilities will bring everyone else up to speed.

Thanks for reading! Please leave comments, suggestions, and feedback at your own discretion. I hope to hear constructive comments.

All the best,
    CLASH_ImPuLse
    Post edited by CLASH_ImPuLse on
  • Hey everyone!

This thread is going to cover the issues that I personally see with Anakin Skywalker and some collected suggestions that I believe will help push him in the right direction. I know that this is a very controversial topic, but I can guarantee you that these thoughts are as unbiased as possible.

I have done some research both while playing Anakin and while playing against him. Compared to the rest of the competition (Other heroes and villians), Anakin is very powerful. Having 4 abilities puts him on the top of the food chain, and the usefulness of all of his abilities outweigh that of his competition. On top of this, Anakin has little to no weaknesses. A large health pool, strong damage output, a very long range (for a lightsaber-wielding hero), and a healthy stamina pool.

This video showcases three clips, all of my gameplay as Anakin in a Capital Supremacy match.

Clip No. 1: Anakin's Heroic Might ability is extremely powerful. On top of receiving damage reduction, the ability has an incredibly extreme range. Anakin has no penalty for running into a crowd of enemies and using this ability. I ran into that crowd knowing a few things:
    a.) There were enough enemies to shoot at me and increase the potency of the ability.
    b.) There were enough enemies for me to kill and recover all of my health.
    c.) Damage reduction would keep me alive.

Key points from Clip No. 1:
    a.) 10 kills with one ability.
    b.) Notice my health. My move was executed without losing more than 150 health (about 17% of my max health (875)). That's INSANE damage reduction.

Clip No. 2: Anakin's Retribution ability is just a second Heroic Might. Many of the key points from above still hold true. Damage reduction, range, killing capability. Again, Anakin has NO penalty for running into a crowd of enemies and using this ability.

Key point from Clip No. 2:
    a.) During the entire duration of that ability, my health did not fall below 830, I did not lose more than 45 HP, despite gunfire, explosions, and General Grevious slicing into my side.

Clip No. 3: Anakin's Pull Dominance (along with his Attraction star card) has an incredible range. Aside from the long range, it's incredibly potent. Albeit the shock grenade flew Dooku farther, Anakin's Pull Dominance has no issue with bringing his enemies within slicing range. This clip also showcases Anakin's lethal combo. An initial Pull with a short Heroic Might and finishing Passionate Strike leaves enough time for any villain to be erased by Anakin and his allies.

Key points from Clip No. 3:
    a.) Anakin has a healthy range and does not struggle with enemies at a medium distance.
    b.) Anakin's combo allows for any villain to be off of their feet and vulnerable for a long duration.

Suggestions:

Suggestion A :
    Convert Anakin's Reprisal (health on kill) star card to kills with Passionate Strike.
    This will partially disable Anakin's ability to storm into a crowd of enemies without penalty. Converting Reprisal to Passionate Strike kills allows for a stronger incentive to use it on enemies, and it removes his crowd control dominance.

Suggestion B :
    Heavily reduce the damage reduction in Heroic Might and Retribution.
    In their current state, along with Reprisal, these two abilities give Anakin invulnerability. Heroic Might needs to be more of a higher risk to use. If I'm playing Anakin, I should have to really think about running into a room packed with enemies. In it's current state, I won't think at all. I will run in and use the ability knowing that I will just kill everyone and get my health back. That, in my opinion, is not balanced.

Suggestion C :
    Remove Anakin's immunity to force abilities while under the effect of Heroic Might and Retribution.
    Currently, Anakin cannot be affected by any force abilities while using Heroic Might or Retribution. Changing this will allow for unaffected villains to disable him before he strikes.

Suggestion D :
    Reduce Anakin's stamina pool.
    General Grevious (My personal favorite villain) is a powerhouse. High health and huge damage output. His weakness? Stamina. Grevious is an incredibly powerful villain, but his weakness comes with blocking and stamina drain. If this were to be applied to Anakin, it would push him to being less durable and more offensive.

Suggestion E :
    Buff all of the other heroes and villains. Perhaps give each one a fourth ability.
    A more broad suggestion for separate discussion, but there are just so many heroes/villains that lack the raw strength that Anakin wields. Adding an additional ability for every hero and villain and reworking some of their abilities will bring everyone else up to speed.

Thanks for reading! Please leave comments, suggestions, and feedback at your own discretion. I hope to hear constructive comments.

All of the best,
    CLASH_ImPuLse

Well thought out post, i agree with everything except suggestions A and E.
    For suggestion A: Its because Anakin is a lightsaber user and needs his standard HoK like the rest and;
    For suggestion E: This game doesnt need more OP heroes with power level similar to Anakin's, its the opposite, Anakin needs to be in the same power level as the rest.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• aaa5f
    80 posts Member
    When Anakin uses Heroic Might it should show a graphic of him freezing blaster bolts in the air around him. It's more realistic than him absorbing blaster fire into his skin like sunscreen.
  • aaa5f
    80 posts Member
    The only one I agree with is to add fourth abilities to the other heroes. While Anakin is powerful, as soon as he doesn't have heroic might or retribution at the ready, he gets smashed up by explosions, stun grenades, lightsabers, you name it. I have had my fair share of quick deaths as him and I've also killed a large number of Anakins.

Don't get me wrong, he is poweful, but you can counter him easily if you time it right and wait until he's not using his abilities.
  • Empire_TW
    6406 posts Member
    Suggestion A:
    The only problem with this is that he can still storm into a crowd and do what he does, with how heroes work in GA atm (being able to be spammed at pocket change BP) there will constantly be Anakins still doing this and the only difference will be it not being One Anakin ruining the match.

Suggestion B:
    This would be good except just remove retribution.

Suggestion C:
    Make it all abilities and that would be good.

Suggestion D:
    Making Grievous the only counter to him wouldn't really help.

Suggestion E:
    Oh god no, with the exception with Chewie and Phasma heroes in GA were relatively fine, heroes shouldn't be brought up to broken levels just to deal with the one broken on.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

• Well thought out post, i agree with everything except suggestions A and E.
    For suggestion A: Its because Anakin is a lightsaber user and needs his standard HoK like the rest and;
    For suggestion E: This game doesnt need more OP heroes with power level similar to Anakin's, its the opposite, Anakin needs to be in the same power level as the rest.

Hey there!

Thanks for the response. I can definitely see those being reasons for your disagreement. When I made Suggestion E, I was thinking mostly about heroes/villains that have weaker abilities. For example, Phasma's Staff Strikes is an incredibly weak ability, in my opinion. If it were drafted into an ability similar to the Commando Droid's Vibrosword, then I believe that it would be very potent. Just things like that to implement some smaller changes into the other heroes/villains.

Also, I forgot to post this in my original thread, not all of these suggestions are designed to be implemented at once. All of the suggestions are designed to be taken into consideration individually rather than in bulk.

- CLASH

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    Suggestion A:
    The only problem with this is that he can still storm into a crowd and do what he does, with how heroes work in GA atm (being able to be spammed at pocket change BP) there will constantly be Anakins still doing this and the only difference will be it not being One Anakin ruining the match.

Suggestion B:
    This would be good except just remove retribution.

Suggestion C:
    Make it all abilities and that would be good.

Suggestion D:
    Making Grievous the only counter to him wouldn't really help.

Suggestion E:
    Oh god no, with the exception with Chewie and Phasma heroes in GA were relatively fine, heroes shouldn't be brought up to broken levels just to deal with the one broken on.

Hey!

Just to respond and clear up a few misconceptions:

I could agree with you on B. It's really annoying that he has a 4th ability, I read a suggestion somewhere about merging Heroic Might and Retribution into one ability which might be a solid solution.

My Suggestion D isn't to make Grevious a direct counter for Anakin, I was just using Grevious as an example. Anakin is a hard hitter, so is Grevious. The only difference is that Grevious can't block well and his stamina drains easily. Bringing a similar stamina concept to Anakin would lower his durability in battle.

Suggestion E is definitely a little iffy, but I wouldn't debunk it so hard just yet. Heroes should definitely not be brought up to broken levels, I agree. But comparatively, newer heroes/villains seem much more versatile than older ones in many situations.

- CLASH
  • ROMG4
    2727 posts Member
    Simple fix

Tie Retribution to the damage output of the Anakin

That way the enemy team isn't punished for playing the game and killing Anakin's team-members only to be punished for it by the "I Win Button"

Instead having Retribution tied to damage output balances the ability much more. Yes, it'll still be freaking lame because all you need is just a bad team members to feed Anakin free damage but at least

It'll be better
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • How about buff all the heroes 😞.
  • Here you guys go.
  • Anakin honestly I want him to keep his 1k health because obviously he and Vader are the same he needs his 25 lightsaber damage back and the 140 for 165 because he was a monster at lightsaber combat. The dude took down count dooku! In lightsaber combat who has one of the highest lightsaber damages with abilities. I agree with the 18 sec cool down for the heroic might and the no push down on his strike ability but they should just get rid of retribution and Anakin will be just fine.
  • Anakin honestly I want him to keep his 1k health because obviously he and Vader are the same he needs his 25 lightsaber damage back and the 140 for 165 because he was a monster at lightsaber combat. The dude took down count dooku! In lightsaber combat who has one of the highest lightsaber damages with abilities. I agree with the 18 sec cool down for the heroic might and the no push down on his strike ability but they should just get rid of retribution and Anakin will be just fine.
  • Where the heck is that 😂😂😂
  • The only Anakin related problem I'm concerned with? The amount of abuse people sling each others way every time someone mentions him in a topic. The two main things people are debating are how much he should be nerfed and peoples opinion on retribution, but at this point you can't even have an opinion anymore. If you are against further nerfing/pro-retribution you get told you suck at the game because if you use Anakin *sarcasm alert* clearly you are a potato who doesn't know how to play the game properly and can only be good if you use the OP guy. On the other hand if you are pro-nerf/anti-retribution then you get told you suck at the game because *sarcasm alert* you can't figure out how to combat against Anakin's abilities, and you get told to stop whining and complaining because after 3 nerfs he's actually not OP anymore. I'm not saying its everyone, a lot of people are quite civil, insightful and actually have good suggestions, but there are also a few who are loud, abusive and constantly suggesting the same thing over and over again, and abusing anyone who disagrees with them. My point is, no matter what your opinion on the matter is, people will say some hurtful things your way, whether directly at you or just an offhand comment that isn't really directed at anyone in particular, but could apply to (or at least feel like it applies to) a group of people. I certainly have an opinion on the matter, but I'm not inclined to share it because, either way, I know I will possibly get hurtful and abusive comments back. Everyone just needs to take a step back, breath and consider what they type before they type. We can have opinions and still be nice about it guys.

I suspect I'm coming across rather aggressively. I don't mean to be, I'm not great at writing, but it just breaks my heart a little bit seeing how mean people can be to each other over what is, in essence, only a game.
  • Totommm
    18 posts Member
    When Anakin is performing Heroic Might, we can escape when we notice the "Son Goku" position :smile:

There's no escape when Retribution starts. Maybe there should be a rage scream and a visual effect on the air (and/or the ground), just before the fury is unleashed. It would be acceptable to have a large ability range if there was a small chance to "Ruuuuunnn".
  • Arcanewarrior
    463 posts Member
    edited May 10
    I ofc agree. People sating oh ur just hating the character lol
    No. Anakin was my favourite light side hero and i planned on maining him when he dropped but i refuse to play him with those 360 abilities he has because 1 they are corny as hell amd lore breaking to see and 2 because they are easy cheap wins on everything around you making it very easy to clear objectives with no effort. He needs a rework p3ople wake up. He is very poorly designed heroic might and retribution need changing or reworking for him to be balanced.

The alternative which they seem to be doing is nerf his current abilities into the ground then that will just be a waste.

[Removed profanity Please do not try to bypass the profanity filter ~Rtas]
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • All you Anakin whiners who are cluttering the forum?

Use this.
  • SSJSnoop
    2025 posts Member
    All you Anakin whiners who are cluttering the forum?

Use this.

Ok Anakin fanboy.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    All you Anakin whiners who are cluttering the forum?

Use this.

Ok Anakin fanboy.
    I couldn’t care less about Anakin, I’ve played him maybe a total of three times. All I’m saying is that there are WAY too many useless threads all saying the same thing.
    I’m tired of scrolling down looking for actually interesting Ideas and I see this:
    Anakin needs a nerf.
    Anakin doesn’t need a nerf.
    Anakin is bRokEn and here’s why.
    Remove Anakin from the game or I’m uninstalling
    Get rid of retribution.
    Get rid of retribution NOW.
    I hate Anakin.
    I don’t want any Anakin threads in the forum. (Proceeds to put one in the forum)
    The list goes on.
    Just put it all in here! If you have a problem with that, write another thread about how you want MORE Anakin threads in the forum.