criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

The great big Anakin feedback thread

Replies

• JediJulius wrote: »
    Ben just said this on Reddit.

“His damage output is based on the damage he receives, in short...don't hit him.”

“CT [400 damage] is incorrect, he [Anakin] can kill anyone.

Do not hit him, etc...”

Sounds like it might be intentional.

Ok so don't hit him ... hmm ... so how do you kill him?

You wait for him to use up the ability 3-4 seconds
  • With anakin's block breaker ability now we can take down all those obi- wan , Luke and Rey block spammers.....oh wrong side.
  • My feedback is concerning his button layout. Maybe it's just me who feels this way.

Personally I would've put Pull Dominance on L1 like Kylo Ren's Pull. Then L1 + R1 as Heroic Might like Luke's Repulse, and Passionate Strike as R1 like Luke's dash, Obi-Wan's Rush, Darth Maul's spin attack.

Only gripe so far.

I agree. Having similar abilities in the same slot would be ideal.

This is a UX 101 type concept. Why do we need to explain this to the devs?
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/avhaf4/first_time_using_anakin_im_speechless/

Don’t hit him or your team gets one shotted! Everything’s fine, great gameplay. 😂👌🏻

Quality stuff here, good job Dice!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Cadoth
    1135 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/avhaf4/first_time_using_anakin_im_speechless/

Don’t hit him or your team gets one shotted! Everything’s fine, great gameplay. 😂👌🏻

Quality stuff here, good job Dice!

It’s so hard not to hit him when he’s using the ability I hate that🤣
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    Ben on Reddit:

“His damage output is based on the damage he receives, in short...don't hit him”

“CT is incorrect, he can kill anyone.

Do not hit him etc...”

Might be intentional.

Awesome, don't shut him or brainlessly mash and you'll live.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • The odd looking chosen one is here...bringing imbalance to the force...HvV will be an uphill battle for DS when lvl 40 Anakin's start showing up. I already ended up 2nd with him on level 3 and I'm a barely average player.

The uniqueness that Gen G and Dooku brought to the table....is just isn't there with the chosen one. He's just a Luke 2.0 and Kylo 2.5 with a touch of Vader 1.5. I had zero expectation...so I'm not disappointed. Thanks for the new hero...I guess.
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    JediJulius wrote: »
    It only does 400 damage maximum without the star card. That can't one shot any hero from full health. Additionally, it primarily charges from him eating damage while charging it. Just don't attack him and the radius will be much smaller and damage will be much lower.

Note: I don't have an issue with the ability because I think the villain team is OP.

That said, it totally just oneshot from full health.

If it is one shotting uninjured Villains then it might be bugged. The CT said its maximum damage is only 400. Even a full health Boba can survive that.

Anyone defending this type of garbage as ‘he’s fine, learn to play, just have fun’ and other nonsense don’t actually care about balance and skilled gameplay.

It is absolutely laughable that he’s been released with OP trash like this happening.

Thanks for the video. It clearly shows the Kylo player (not sure if it was you or someone else’s video) running directly into Anakin’s ability...in plain sight, with him clearly in the “You better run!” stance.

So...player error. Sorry.

It’s like jumping on top of a glowy red thermal detonator in the middle of your viewport and then complaining that you done got sploded.

He was swinging away and trying to fight off the two villains. Then busts into the b-boy stance and one shots a FULL HEALTH Kylo from 15-20ft away. Sure, those players will probably learn to stop hitting him when he goes into the stance. So at worst they back off, block, and Ani is free to maneuver and plan the next strategy.
    one shotting another hero with a move with ZERO downside is indefensible as far as balanced gameplay is concerned. Normally, this type of ability is a ‘high risk/high reward’ thing. But HEs Da cHoseN1, so that need not apply I guess.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • DarthJ
    6657 posts Member
    I think hes strong, and wrecks in the right hands. Poor players are still just as poor with him...

I don't get the issue about some of his abilities. It was clearly stated on the CT that the damage he takes in will pump up one or 2 of his abilities. Hence the 'don't hit him' when he starts using retribution. Its not hard to avoid or block (when block is working). I wouldn't killswitch him, as some suggest. At most put a damage cap on it.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Can you block Anakin’s ability? Because, if you can, then all you need to do is not hit him while he in the stance and block until after it is over.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • Whodunnit
    5560 posts Member
    edited February 27
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/avhaf4/first_time_using_anakin_im_speechless/
    1c6aowly702d.png
    Do not hit him etc.
    Great developement.
    Well deserved praises for the developers.
    Launch Boba is OP. OHK sabers are OP. This^ is not. Okeh.
    At this point it's not game developement, it's fan service. Too bad it's supposed to be a game, not Star Wars Celebration.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
    Kenco wrote: »
    Omniscient wrote: »
    It only does 400 damage maximum without the star card. That can't one shot any hero from full health. Additionally, it primarily charges from him eating damage while charging it. Just don't attack him and the radius will be much smaller and damage will be much lower.

Note: I don't have an issue with the ability because I think the villain team is OP.

If it is one shotting uninjured Villains then it might be bugged. The CT said its maximum damage is only 400. Even a full health Boba can survive that.

Anyone defending this type of garbage as ‘he’s fine, learn to play, just have fun’ and other nonsense don’t actually care about balance and skilled gameplay.

It is absolutely laughable that he’s been released with OP trash like this happening.

Thanks for the video. It clearly shows the Kylo player (not sure if it was you or someone else’s video) running directly into Anakin’s ability...in plain sight, with him clearly in the “You better run!” stance.

It’s like jumping on top of a glowy red thermal detonator in the middle of your viewport and then complaining that you done got sploded.

So... Being about 20ft from an enemy using a push ability designed to knock you over is acceptable to kill you when you have max 750 health. Player styles are subjective. I don't agree with you what so ever. So essentially if you saw someone swinging to hit you, and you know it's only going to hurt a little, so you take the punch, and you just die instead on the spot... Human error...? Think rationally

Everything I stated was rational, my friend. I cannot help if you choose to ignore the stated facts about the ability.

If others choose to continue to run into the danger zone while I’m waving my red flags and screaming “I’ma explode!”, then I have no sympathy—only a higher score.

Your argument was not valid. There was no confusion about the amount of damage to which that ability can subject its victims. You can ignore it all you want but if you keep pumping Black Panther’s suit with kinetic energy, it will release all at once. Oops. Wrong character/genre. But, same effect.

Remember that it's a team based game, you cannot control your team mates. I don't know what games you've played but it's more than likely that you'll get caught in the huge radius of the ability because of the size of the maps and being caught in other conflicts. You can't control other team mates damage input while Anakin is charging. Making it more difficult to carry a team. I'm not reasoning with people who just go "GET OVER IT ITS FINE". He's overpowered, end of. I destroyed an entire team playing as him it's actually ridiculous.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »

That's not all. Anakin's damage reduction lasts at least 10 seconds after the ability has ended, so he can smash villains to death and take no damage while doing it. He can comfortably win a 1v4 just by mashing the attack button.

Please fix this quickly. I would genuinely suggest kill switching Anakin, and maybe Obi Wan because his 80% damage reduction also lasts for far too long.

Is this true? I'm not really worried about the telegraphed nuke but this sounds super dumb. R2 masher's wet dream.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• Whodunnit wrote: »
    1c6aowly702d.png
    Do not hit him etc.
    Great developement.
    At this point it's not game developement, it's fan service. Too bad it's supposed to be a game, not Star Wars Celebration.

lol, awesome hahaha, stand firm ben, don't cave to the scrubs. I wan't to see MORE of this on the other Heroes. Obi-wans finally in a good spot now, just do luke, ren, phasma, and chewbacca and we'll finally have a balanced game. Heroes should have different strengths but similar power levels. Currently too many are underpowered, and if you disagree you don't play enough GA to actually know. Some heroes you play for fun, and others you play to win. I wan't there to be no difference.

:smiley: Are you so bad with a h3r0 you need them buffed?

• I guess for the people who want friendly fire in this game, you got your wish here. And it's not like its a 4 vs Anakin mode in HvV; chances are you might be near him but engaged with someone else from the LS and not paying attention to what animation Anakin is in the middle of. A bad (or simply unaware) teammate can now cause your death when you weren't even the target. Seems like a great idea.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited February 27
    SWymsa wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    1c6aowly702d.png
    Do not hit him etc.
    Great developement.

lol, awesome hahaha, stand firm ben, don't cave to the scrubs. I wan't to see MORE of this on the other Heroes. Obi-wans finally in a good spot now, just do luke, ren, phasma, and chewbacca and we'll finally have a balanced game. Heroes should have different strengths but similar power levels. Currently too many are underpowered, and if you disagree you don't play enough GA to actually know. Some heroes you play for fun, and others you play to win. I wan't there to be no difference.

:smiley: Are you so bad with a h3r0 you need them buffed?

lol, I bet you couldn't break triple digits on phasma if a gun was put to your head, and frankly I probably couldn't either. Meanwhile palpatine sneezes numbers like that out as if it's nothing, it's been a broken concept since launch. I actually have fun playing the lightside now instead of the same old boing finn, yoda, or rey combo buffing the team statically, and just pot shooting a few stragglers here and there. It's pathetic, and people defending this is just laughable. Probably those who exclusively play HvV with no frame of reference just how ***** some heroes actually play in a live enviroment.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • gkrc5qn1kokn.jpeg

me are chosen one me make big boom
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • When you launch the game, next to the news there is Anakin and he moves up to the camera and turns his lightsaber, but he doesnt do it when you are in a game and go over the hero icons. He just stands there. Not even much work that the devs would have to do. Just copy the animation from the title screen into the screen when you are going over the hero icons in a round of galactic assault.
  • As OP as his passionate strike is, and as OP as ANAKIN is himself, why does his passionate strike have to push heroes down, Anakin is impossible to duel
  • HOW IS HE NOT OP
    800-1000 health
    One shot 3/4 infantry with star card
    4 abilitys
    One of the four can go through blocks while pushing enemys too the ground
    Another ability lets you go out in the open to kill everyone with a force repulse while you walk away without a scratch
  • Istead of Anakins passionate strike going through and damaging and pushing down enemys when they have their block on why cant their block just loose all stanima so the enemy hero doesnt just get screwed completely
  • This is very very unlikely but it would be cool to choose who anakin sounds like, like if we could choose hayden or matt
  • Why does anakin touch his chin saying “obi wan is going to kill me” just doesnt seem right

• I dont care if you shouldnt hit him or not but this is bull no hero shold be this protected for this long Anakin is never vunerable
  • jonci wrote: »
    Less than 24 hours and calls for nerf, pathetic, people did the same when last lot came out, no nerfs were done, and no one bleating anymore, because they got used to playing against them. Don't play then simple.

Agree. Find ways to counter his powerful abilities (yes, doing nothing is a counter since two of Anakin’s abilities charge with the amount of damage he receives). If you don’t want to use brain cells finding counters to powerful hero abilities, don’t play against heroes.

Extraction is a wonderful non-hero game mode btw. ;)

Yeah me too. It's just like no one knows how to have fun

Level playing field is fun, of course for the GA hero scrubs who can't fire a gun the extra 800 hp plus one hit, aimless kills are a necessity :smiley:
  • I really enjoyed playing him. I was getting 30 kills out of the box in HvV. Loved it.

Only issues so far was his and other lightsabers are not retracting.
    His and others blocks are sometimes not working. The saber is not being raised to the block position and only re-spawn fixes it.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Colin777 wrote: »

I dont care if you shouldnt hit him or not but this is bull no hero shold be this protected for this long Anakin is never vunerable

Well by hitting him so often you fuelled his damage output and killed yourself. It's quite simple - you see him go into this stance you stop hitting him, hit him afterwards.
  • Nnagildan
    157 posts Member
    edited February 27
    Anyone stating that his ability is not OP is kidding themselves.
    Yeah, it might be avoidable - but at the end of the day, Anakin can one hit insta-kill a full health villain. With zero effort - no targeting or skill required.
    A villain who hasn't engaged, and just happens to be within the radius. Possibly engaged in another battle... just spawned and coming to join the fight, or possibly just walking around the corner at the wrong time. Bam - instant death from full health. And that's without upgraded cards... OP AF.

I've only played him in HvV so far and yes I topped leaderboard with him a couple of times, he's a lot of fun to play but he's not invincible. I was often Dooku in return match and was easily able to counter him in 1v1, (it's a different story if he has other saber users to back him up), Kylo is also good at taking him down especially if you approach from behind.
  • Kenco wrote: »
    Kenco wrote: »

So... Being about 20ft from an enemy using a push ability designed to knock you over is acceptable to kill you when you have max 750 health. Player styles are subjective. I don't agree with you what so ever. So essentially if you saw someone swinging to hit you, and you know it's only going to hurt a little, so you take the punch, and you just die instead on the spot... Human error...? Think rationally

Everything I stated was rational, my friend. I cannot help if you choose to ignore the stated facts about the ability.

If others choose to continue to run into the danger zone while I’m waving my red flags and screaming “I’ma explode!”, then I have no sympathy—only a higher score.

Your argument was not valid. There was no confusion about the amount of damage to which that ability can subject its victims. You can ignore it all you want but if you keep pumping Black Panther’s suit with kinetic energy, it will release all at once. Oops. Wrong character/genre. But, same effect.

Remember that it's a team based game, you cannot control your team mates. I don't know what games you've played but it's more than likely that you'll get caught in the huge radius of the ability because of the size of the maps and being caught in other conflicts. You can't control other team mates damage input while Anakin is charging. Making it more difficult to carry a team. I'm not reasoning with people who just go "GET OVER IT ITS FINE". He's overpowered, end of. I destroyed an entire team playing as him it's actually ridiculous.

Bolded text above for reference:

1) Team based game. Yeah, um...that’s the argument for ditching targets in HvV; the argument for not running around just trying to get the most kills; and the argument for PTFO in other modes. Your point?

2) Ahh. So, it’s a team-based game...except that you always carry your entire “team”. Got it. Now I understand your point of reference.

3) And there it is. You can’t accept the facts that were presented to you about how this ability works; and apply the common sense that circumvents the outcome. So, you used your endless power to just call the debate settled. I see you put me in my place. There is simply no comeback for that.

Have fun. Or don’t. Your opinion was duly noted.

• Anyone stating that his ability is not OP is kidding themselves.
    Yeah, it might be avoidable - but at the end of the day, Anakin can one hit insta-kill a full health villain. With zero effort - no targeting or skill required.
    A villain who hasn't engaged, and just happens to be within the radius. Possibly engaged in another battle... just spawned and coming to join the fight, or possibly just walking around the corner at the wrong time. Bam - instant death from full health. And that's without upgraded cards... OP AF.

Now, where have I heard that before? Oh, yes, in every single thread complaining about every character (LS & DS) who uses some form of pull/push to chuck players off of ledges, to their demise, on any map with voids.

One hit. Instant kill. Multiple players. 90% of the time: Zero warning.

One of these things is not like the other.
  • Colin777 wrote: »

I dont care if you shouldnt hit him or not but this is bull no hero shold be this protected for this long Anakin is never vunerable

Lol! Ridiculous.
  • AmStraightBut50Is50
    175 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Why is Anakin's force choke far superior to Vader's?

Does more damage? - check

Has more range? - check

Can grab more enemies? - check

Can kill enemies with one use? - check

Anakin: has not mastered the use of the force choke yet in his younger years

Vader: a master of the force choke through his mastery of the Dark Side

Correct me if any of this is wrong btw.

See where i'm going with this yet? We get it, he's The Chosen One and was immensely powerful before his injuries, but his alter ego was far from a cripple. A bit of love for Vader would be nice and no, i'm not only talking about his force choke. He's far below Anakin in terms of power.
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
    Anyone stating that his ability is not OP is kidding themselves.

Now, where have I heard that before? Oh, yes, in every single thread complaining about every character (LS & DS) who uses some form of pull/push to chuck players off of ledges, to their demise, on any map with voids.

One hit. Instant kill. Multiple players. 90% of the time: Zero warning.

One of these things is not like the other.

That's right - and Anakin has one of those as well... so two insta-kill abilities with his pull.
    And I'll bold your other comment too because you're so fond of doing it... Spot on. One of these things is not like the other. There's a difference between playing on maps where you know you can get thrown off vs an ability that can insta-kill on every single map in the game, no ledges required.
    Push is also directional and can easily miss whereas Anakins is 360 degrees.
    Defend it all you like - it's OP
  • Anakin is basically a better version of all the Jedi and Sith put together, with all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses.

He has Vader's health but quadruple his damage reduction, Grievous' damage and regeneration, an ability which essentially grants him invincibility followed by more damage than Boba's fully levelled rocket barrage, a stronger version of Kylo's Pull, a stronger and more damaging version of Vader's Choke, and his abilities are basically upgraded versions of past LS saber heroes e.g. Luke's repulse.

Good job devs.
  • The head isn't good done, few details and nothing expressive.
    Dooku is much better done.

Devs must be improve it!

1bfioawlu399.png
  • What's with the sound disabled bug on the squad respawn screen??
  • AmStraightBut50Is50
    175 posts Member
    edited February 27
    Give him his own ultimate where he gets the 60% dmg reduction, lowers the CD on saber throw, and the ability lasts for 8 seconds and the duration is increased when taking or dealing damage. Now that sounds fun to play.

Now THAT i could get behind. An equivalent of Anakin's ultimate but instead it's fueled by inflicting damage rather than taking it. It makes perfect sense, Vader basically did what you described at the ending of Rogue One anyway, it wouldn't be out of the question i think. Just would have to have a shorter recharge time because Vader's wouldn't instakill everyone it grabs within a massive 360 degree radius with the press of a button..

Grievous's suggestion was nice too.
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
  • Good job devs. I barely played since the dooku update, i had a dilemma where I couldn't figure out what clone skin to use (thats how it should be for skins) im impressed however sad that u cant set a skin during phase 1 maps and phase 2 maps. ie using coruscant gaurd skin for Kamino and using 501st during Naboo. I would have to change each time sadly.