criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The great big Anakin feedback thread

Replies

• I think that there is a lot of value in being able to use a skill when you want to as opposed to when some qualifier that is out of your control is met.
  • Because Darth Vader is a handicapped version of Anakin, literally lol that’s why it’s better.
    Does more damage? - check

Has more range? - check

Can grab more enemies? - check

Can kill enemies with one use? - check

Anakin: has not mastered the use of the force choke yet in his younger years

Vader: a master of the force choke through his mastery of the Dark Side

Correct me if any of this is wrong btw.

See where i'm going with this yet? We get it, he's The Chosen One and was immensely powerful before his injuries, but his alter ego was far from a cripple. A bit of love for Vader would be nice and no, i'm not only talking about his force choke. He's far below Anakin in terms of power.

• He sounds nothing like anakin and 3 abilities would be more fair instead of 4. But doubt that will change now
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    Using Anakin as an excuse to buff Vader

g3quki82cblu.png

🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • After Dooku and his really accurated face Anakin is a bit let down! If u could nailed Dooku soooo well why not do the same with Anakin?
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Because apparently making one powerhouse hero is balancing.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Lmao, of course you HvV kids wouldn't know. if your trying to actually win a game in GA your picking Palpatine or Bossk Hands down. Good luck taking any of those 3 explosive, finn buffed, enforcer infested hallways on naboo on anybody else. You have to be carried by a good team or be up against a bunch simians to get the same results, lol it's broken. I know your answer is nerfing even those two heroes down, but I'd rather not play a trash game. This is just comical. I kinda don't blame you though, Half the rosters been average or bad for so long now, even I've got used to it.

This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Because Darth Vader is a handicapped version of Anakin, literally lol that’s why it’s better.

Has more range? - check

See where i'm going with this yet? We get it, he's The Chosen One and was immensely powerful before his injuries, but his alter ego was far from a cripple. A bit of love for Vader would be nice and no, i'm not only talking about his force choke. He's far below Anakin in terms of power.

Vader is stronger than episode 3 Anakin. This is a game, they made Anakin after Vader, it is more recent and super hyped character that why he is so OP in terms of gameplay.

Vader need OHK on his choke, OHK on his Rage, 850 health and 300 health regen. Nothing more of thus considering the new heroes.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited February 28
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Because Darth Vader is a handicapped version of Anakin, literally lol that’s why it’s better.

Has more range? - check

Vader is stronger than episode 3 Anakin. This is a game, they made Anakin after Vader, it is more recent and super hyped character that why he is so OP in terms of gameplay.

Vader need OHK on his choke, OHK on his Rage, 850 health and 300 health regen. Nothing more of thus considering the new heroes.

That's just for starters. I wan't "ultimates" on every Hero. I noticed they have a new slot there now, so I'm hoping this becomes what was the same deal with 2015s traits.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Lmao, of course you HvV kids wouldn't know. if your trying to actually win a game in GA your picking Palpatine or Bossk Hands down. Good luck taking any of those 3 explosive, finn buffed, enforcer infested hallways on naboo on anybody else. You have to be carried by a good team or be up against a bunch simians to get the same results, lol it's broken. I know your answer is nerfing even those two heroes down, but I'd rather not play a trash game. This is just comical. I kinda don't blame you though, Half the rosters been average or bad for so long now, even I've got used to it.

Most of us are quite receptive to balancing for both hero modes and GA. You're one of the only ones who are narrow-minded about it all.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Atreus213 wrote: »
    Lmao, of course you HvV kids wouldn't know. if your trying to actually win a game in GA your picking Palpatine or Bossk Hands down. Good luck taking any of those 3 explosive, finn buffed, enforcer infested hallways on naboo on anybody else. You have to be carried by a good team or be up against a bunch simians to get the same results, lol it's broken. I know your answer is nerfing even those two heroes down, but I'd rather not play a trash game. This is just comical. I kinda don't blame you though, Half the rosters been average or bad for so long now, even I've got used to it.

Most of us are quite receptive to balancing for both hero modes and GA. You're one of the only ones who are narrow-minded about it all.

Almost all I ever here from theses forums is crying about how a Hero killed them, in HvV of all places. Seeing the Devs intentionally cut us a break for once and release a Hero and buff another to palpatines level in GA, intentionally, is like a second wind for this game. I'm actually having fun again with a saber hero instead of the same old tired Finn, Yoda, or Rey spam where you just sit back and passively buff your team picking off a few strays here and there, simply because the enemy is just good enough not to warrant some of the cooler picks like chewbacca or potshots with Han/leia.

In hindsight Vaders nerfs weren't warranted, at least in this context they could and should return as some ultimate. Likewise with the rest of the cast, but I already know your probably opposed to that, heck even in vader's nerfed state you still thought he was too good. Haha, what is this?
    xnvLDB.gif
  • How about stop listening to the 1% playerbase of a few forums and send out an opinion poll to the masses in the game at startup, let the overall majority playerbase decide.
  • Oh wow, an ability based entirely on your team getting decked is better than an ability based on cooldown alone? Who would've guessed...........
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    It seems like his retribution & might abilities don’t always work. Multiple times I’ve been surrounded by enemies, ability is available, but it won’t register

+ same with his block. Very frustrating

Same. This has happened to me too.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • Ok anyone who says Anakin isnt OP needs to open their eyes you dont need to learn his playing style hes just a combo hero you just do this ability then the next and your the best hero in the match, i honestly feel bad for maul and grivous players cuz they can defend themselves at all, i wiped a whole team with level 3 Anakin, if thats not OP then i dont know what is
  • Nathan3840
    5 posts Member
    edited February 28
    I believe the 90% reduction is a little too high, I’m liking the 80% Obi Wan has on his All Out Push. It makes them much stronger but 90% is a bit too much especially with that much base health.

I’m loving the fourth ability having the lengthy charge up, but it truly sucks if you miss with it.
  • With other heroes like Luke, Maul, etc you have to apply a Purple Star Card to get a measly 15-16% damage reduction. But now with these recent heroes you apply a purple star to get 90% damage reduction.

And now with Anakin and Obiwan, 90% damage reduction with no star cards!

SMH

@F8RGE can some devs explain the logic? Is it inflation?
  • Make it so anakins passionate strike just drains all stamina not push you to the ground and take however many damge away
  • Raylol
    1021 posts Member
    With other heroes like Luke, Maul, etc you have to apply a Purple Star Card to get a measly 15-16% damage reduction. But now with these recent heroes you apply a purple star to get 90% damage reduction.

And now with Anakin and Obiwan, 90% damage reduction with no star cards!

SMH

@F8RGE can some devs explain the logic? Is it inflation?

I died with the inflation xd, but it's true, who will imagine a game with no economy will have inflation.
  • anakin is perfectly fine. I’d rather every other hero get a unique long charge ability like anakin has instead of anakin lose his. It makes it more of a challenge to survive to build it up. Start with giving Vader something similar to even things out. But let’s focus on this new game mode. No more delays!!!
  • Please if you nerf anakin nerf his passionate strike please
  • havent played him yet
  • I've only tried him in Arcade so far, but this is the fastest I've really liked a new character yet, and I hate the prequels for realsies, so it's not cos I'm a fan of the character or anything. I literally played him for like 2 minutes and was like "Yup!"

Great job DICE. :D

ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • If Anakin dies during the build up of heroic might or retribution, the move should unleash as he dies.

Have his moves resorted for consistency. L1- Heroic Might, L1+R1- Pull Dominance, R1- Passionate strike
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • Saberscar223
    1061 posts Member
    edited February 28
    I was just One Shot as general grievous with FULL health as I was defending an objective and Anakin was somewhere I couldn’t see him and insta killed me wtf is up with that.

There was literally nothing I could do as I didn’t see him charging up the move. It definitely shouldn’t be able to one shot heroes at most it should one shot an enforcer without armor.
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
  • he has unlimited retribution damage absorption and unleash with a very very large radius
  • You can counter him but not alone
    (Assuming that it is not a novice player)

• It says max 400 dmg... it kills a 650hp Hero...

Also got killed sometimes by the hit against a wall after being pushed away lol..

Added collision damage too?
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • IronSoldier
    3444 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    It says max 400 dmg... it kills a 650hp Hero...

This has been addressed. It was a mistake in the CT. There isn't a 400 max damage limit. It can go much higher based on damage taken.
  • DarthJ
    6333 posts Member
    It says max 400 dmg... it kills a 650hp Hero...

This has been addressed. It was a mistake in the CT. There isn't a 400 max damage limit. It can go much higher based on damage taken.

hope this stops players complaining now.....I doubt it however. I hope this also makes people not try to hit him for 3-4 seconds of the animation - after he uses it, blast him then! Hit him during the animation, and you are effectively signing a death warrant for you and your team
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ
    6333 posts Member
    if someone gets him phase 1 on kamino that match is effectively over

Any hero for Republic on phase 1 and the match is effectively over from my experience
  • DarthJ
    6333 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    hope this stops players complaining now.....I doubt it however. I hope this also makes people not try to hit him for 3-4 seconds of the animation - after he uses it, blast him then! Hit him during the animation, and you are effectively signing a death warrant for you and your team

This is why there is no immediate plans to nerf him. He's a new character and given a week or so players will learn how to face him.. and when not to attack. A bug with damage reduction continuing to be applied needs to be addressed but otherwise...

That is good to hear. I'd rather the developers took their time and looked at various stats and data before deciding to leave him alone or nerf him. Hopefully they continue to ignore the killswitch/nerf screamers for the time being.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    if someone gets him phase 1 on kamino that match is effectively over

Any hero for Republic on phase 1 and the match is effectively over from my experience

most of the time yes, especially if there is a good yoda. but anakin just straight slams the door shut
    PSN: computerson
  • Peepzilla
    925 posts Member
    edited February 28
    In HvV, he's fine... most of those players will know to avoid to save themselves.

HOWEVER, in GA:

This playerbase will always attack him.... have you looked around at the players in this game? LOL

So ONE wreckless player can get all team heroes in a nearby radius one-shot? Hell no. This needs a damage cap ASAP.

Anakin one-shot killed me as Bossk while barely visible behind a doorway. I was confused but recognized the feeling of an insta-death as a full health hero: the good ole 2015 Lando Glitch. You practically brought a lighter version of it back. Congrats.
  • Played for 3 hours last night and was a learning curve, but only lost 2 matches as DS until we figured him out, learn the strategy to DEW HIM, he can be blocked by sabre players, he can be melted by Blaster, though i do agree if caught out the instant kill on full health characters is a bit much.
    Must admit makes the games last longer, and i noticed no runners as every one seems to be committed in gang sabering him.
    Overall pretty good.
    A message to cetain DS players, stop committing suicide as target to end game so you can get to LS quicker its annoying for all.
  • Capping the damage on Heroic Might isn't a nerf, it's just common sense.
  • DarthJ
    6333 posts Member
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    Capping the damage on Heroic Might isn't a nerf, it's just common sense.

But if a player continues to damage him, how is it fair that everyone on the opposite team can be aided because of him getting a damage cap? That's on the opposition team, not Anakin. Its a unique trait that is going to be wrecked purely because people don't want to work out how to take him down, and would rather have him at Lukes or Kylos level where one trooper can take most of their health in the right hands.
  • Whinykin's Pull Dominance definitely needs fixing. He pulled me while I was in another room and barely had line of sight on him. But I got yanked from the power generator room on Naboo into the hall by the stairs. That's a bit ludicrous
    "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, aaaand now I have a lightsaber!"
  • Peepzilla
    925 posts Member
    edited February 28
    "Wrecked?" lol that ability would still be beyond top tier if they imposed that 400 dmg cap they incorrectly left in the CT.

Keep it infinite in HvV / cap it to 400 in GA.