criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Videos Showing Kylo Ren Causes the Blocking Bug

Hi,

I jumped into Hero modes today and it took a while, but I saw what people were complaining about in that you are unable to block frequently. Frequenting Showdown far more than HvV, I wondered why it did not happen too often until I was both victim to it and caused it. The common factor: Kylo Ren.

At first I only experienced it as Obi-wan and victimized another Obi-wan, causing him to obviously lose his block. I was not correct assuming it was our 2 newest heroes.

I took to Arcade and checked it out. In the first video, you'll see the first Freeze does nothing, but the second disables block (note Luke's stamina bar for proof).

It doesn't seem to be limited to Freeze, but Pull as well.

I swapped over to Vader to find his Choke did not cause it after a few tries. Quick video showing one of them:

I asked a friend who was with me playing and he remembers the issues happening for him when Kylo was present. Testimonials are not as strong as video, but it's evidence nonetheless.

TL;DR: Kylo causes a lot of these issues. DICE, seriously, thank you for the improved communication, but you need to do way better playtesting. This kind of stuff is really bad.
PSN: Atreus-213
Xbox One GT: Atreus215

Replies

• Idk how tagging works, @F8RGE @T0TALfps @Charlemagne
  • Nice detective work. Hopefully they hot patch this instead of making us wait until the March update. Same goes for the Obi-Wan 80% bug.
  • Ya ive had the same thing happen to me more than once, really annoying
  • I'm certain we'll be waiting until March.
  • Oh nice! Also, any idea on why my Frenzy doesn’t work 90% of the time? As in... Can’t use it at all.
  • It happened with me with Kylo today too, but this issue can be caused by a multitude of reasons. Head over t this report and give it some love, so devs see how bad this issue is: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Disabled-Block-BUG/m-p/6762835#M13381
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • @Atreus213
    What about Kylo's Freeze got a stealth Buff? I'm doing my splitscreen tests now and I guarantee that if kylo uses freeze, he'll mark the enemy target for the Disabled Block BUG. The next time kylo uses freeze or pull in a marked target, the target will get the Disabled Block BUG.

If Kylo uses a pull, he unmarks a previously marked target, so after unmarking, neither freeze nor pull will trigger the disabled block bug (but a freeze will mark the target).

So, if Kylo keeps only freezing the same target, everytime he uses it, he'll trigger the disabled block bug in the target, and also mark him again for the next time. So even if your enemy knows that spending stamina will reset the bug, if you freeze him again, he'll get the bug again.

Now that's a really incredibly bugged Patch Update.

Complying with your video. Now kylo can trigger the disabled block bug in his enemies as a hidden feature. Kylo's Mega Buff
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • @Atreus213
    What about Kylo's Freeze got a stealth Buff? I'm doing my splitscreen tests now and I guarantee that if kylo uses freeze, he'll mark the enemy target for the Disabled Block BUG. The next time kylo uses freeze or pull in a marked target, the target will get the Disabled Block BUG.

If Kylo uses a pull, he unmarks a previously marked target, so after unmarking, neither freeze nor pull will trigger the disabled block bug (but a freeze will mark the target).

So, if Kylo keeps only freezing the same target, everytime he uses it, he'll trigger the disabled block bug in the target, and also mark him again for the next time. So even if your enemy knows that spending stamina will reset the bug, if you freeze him again, he'll get the bug again.

Complying with your video. Now kylo can trigger the disabled block bug in his enemies as a hidden feature. Kylo's Mega Buff

Nice man, thank you for taking it a step further.

Have you or anyone else found other triggers?
  • kylo ren breaks block lol I thought it was intended for Anakin. maybe they got confused.
  • Experiencing this a lot as well.
  • Just so everyone is aware, if you are hit with the "no blocking bug" and spend all of your stamina using the attack button, it resets your ability to block. Obviously a fix would be ideal, but at least there is technically a work around in the mean time. Does anyone know if this issue has officially been addressed/acknowledged?
  • Just so everyone is aware, if you are hit with the "no blocking bug" and spend all of your stamina using the attack button, it resets your ability to block. Obviously a fix would be ideal, but at least there is technically a work around in the mean time. Does anyone know if this issue has officially been addressed/acknowledged?

It is good to know of a workaround until this gets patched.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    906 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Atreus213 wrote: »
    @Atreus213

Triggering Kylo's Freeze Half Effect BUG ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Half-Effect-BUG-Maul-s-Choke-Hold-Kylo-s-Freeze-Vader-s-Choke/td-p/7288947 ), which used to delay the freeze efect for as long as you remained blocking, now doesn't do that anymore: it triggers the Disabled Block BUG ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Disabled-Block-BUG/td-p/6762835 ).

The original method I knew to trigger this bug on purpose was to allow yourself to be caught in Vader's Choke Half-Effect BUG ( same link to Kylo's Freeze Half-Effect BUG ) and then dodge while taking damage. It wasn't an 100% method, but it worked several times.

There are others too that I don't know how they happen.
    Just so everyone is aware, if you are hit with the "no blocking bug" and spend all of your stamina using the attack button, it resets your ability to block. Obviously a fix would be ideal, but at least there is technically a work around in the mean time. Does anyone know if this issue has officially been addressed/acknowledged?

Yes, I show that fixing method in this video from April which I made to help devs fix it. They are aware of it, since before April 2018, but they stopped acknowledging anything on this BUG prior to my report back in April.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    @Atreus213

Triggering Kylo's Freeze Half Effect BUG ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Half-Effect-BUG-Maul-s-Choke-Hold-Kylo-s-Freeze-Vader-s-Choke/td-p/7288947 ), which used to delay the freeze efect for as long as you remained blocking, now doesn't do that anymore: it triggers the Disabled Block BUG ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Disabled-Block-BUG/td-p/6762835 ).

The original method I knew to trigger this bug on purpose was to allow yourself to be caught in Vader's Choke Half-Effect BUG ( same link to Kylo's Freeze Half-Effect BUG ) and then dodge while taking damage. It wasn't an 100% method, but it worked several times.

There are others too that I don't know how they happen.
    Just so everyone is aware, if you are hit with the "no blocking bug" and spend all of your stamina using the attack button, it resets your ability to block. Obviously a fix would be ideal, but at least there is technically a work around in the mean time. Does anyone know if this issue has officially been addressed/acknowledged?

Yes, I show that fixing method in this video from April which I made to help devs fix it. They are aware of it, since before April 2018, but they stopped acknowledging anything on this BUG prior to my report back in April.

Alright, posted stuff on the Answers HQ page.
  • Another glitch many have probably experienced turns out to be visual only. From what I've gathered, the first deflection of a life makes your character "drop guard". This is visual only and you are still blocking. See below:

Once it clears, it seems to never come back until you respawn.
  • Wow, this is nuts. Even more nuts that they are practically ignoring this issue right now. C'mon DICE.
  • Wow, this is nuts. Even more nuts that they are practically ignoring this issue right now. C'mon DICE.

Ignoring in the sense they haven't acknowledged its existence for sure, but I'm sure it's being looked at. There are enough daily threads about it.
  • Yes, the visual disabled block bug, been in the game since launch too. Glad you could provide a clear video for it. Open up a report for this in Answers HQ @Atreus213 , I believe nobody has done it yet
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
  • IronSoldier
    3523 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Ignoring in the sense they haven't acknowledged its existence for sure, but I'm sure it's being looked at. There are enough daily threads about it.

The team are aware it exists and is present in the game.
  • Yes, the visual disabled block bug, been in the game since launch too. Glad you could provide a clear video for it. Open up a report for this in Answers HQ @Atreus213 , I believe nobody has done it yet

I've never seen it except in this patch. Only the classic "gotta drain stamina real quick" bug.

Glad to hear, thank you for your response.
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    Yes, the visual disabled block bug, been in the game since launch too. Glad you could provide a clear video for it. Open up a report for this in Answers HQ @Atreus213 , I believe nobody has done it yet

I've never seen it except in this patch. Only the classic "gotta drain stamina real quick" bug.

Glad to hear, thank you for your response.

I never bothered with it because it doesn't disrupt gameplay that much, it's just a visual glitch. But it's there since launch, if not, since very early, I discovered it almost together with the real and infamous disabled block bug
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
  • unit900000
    3136 posts Member
    Mauls choke hold also causes it I also noticed his choke hold often doesn't work now it just does damage without throwing them.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Atreus213
    483 posts Member
    edited March 4
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Mauls choke hold also causes it I also noticed his choke hold often doesn't work now it just does damage without throwing them.

Got a video by chance? I've had no negative experiences yet with Choke Hold.

And do you know if you were Frozen before the Choke Hold?
  • unit900000
    3136 posts Member

I did get froze before he hit me with choke hold.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    Wow, this is nuts. Even more nuts that they are practically ignoring this issue right now. C'mon DICE.
    I'm sure it's being looked at.
    go0qyjhfxx7k.gif
    Lol you just be new here
  • awakespace
    1051 posts Member
    edited March 4
    I've lost blocking with Dooku and Kylo before too - Kylo earlier today - wonder how that is happening

And I've lost block with all of the light side characters too

Anakin's and Luke's seem to go out every few minutes in HvV... Really annoying! Less in GA
  • unit900000 wrote: »

I did get froze before he hit me with choke hold.

Yeah you got Frozen first, check @RogueZeroRendar 's comments here how the first Freeze "marks" you for the glitch. It all seems to start because of Kylo.
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Wow, this is nuts. Even more nuts that they are practically ignoring this issue right now. C'mon DICE.
    I'm sure it's being looked at.
    go0qyjhfxx7k.gif
    Lol you just be new here

Got an acknowledgement here soooo... o/
  • Anakin is also not only losing the block after activates Retribution and Heroic Might but sometimes he won't even attack anymore with his lightsaber only if you die or respawn.
  • Anakin is also not only losing the block after activates Retribution and Heroic Might but sometimes he won't even attack anymore with his lightsaber only if you die or respawn.

That seems tied to him getting electric-stunned out of the ability. If anyone has good footage of it, I'd welcome it here.