criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Anakin isn't op.

2Next

Replies

• MC_XIX wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Anakin is most definitely OP:

- Most health of every hero. Check.
    - Highest saber damage of every hero. Check.
    - Highest ability damage in the game. Check.
    - Only hero to have a real block-breaking ability. Check.
    - 4 abilities. Check.
    - Highest damage reduction. Check.
    - Third highest health regen.
    - Best anti-Boba & Palpatine ability.

The list is endless. It's ridiculous. If you combined all of the best strengths of each saber hero and villain and got rid of their weaknesses, you'd get Anakin. He's an abomination.

Vader health + Grievous damage + Obi-Wan health regen + Vader Choke multiplied by 3 + Kylo Harsh Pull multiplied by 2 = Anakin. Then throw in 90% DR and an ability which deals 1000 damage over 100ft.

Lol.

Lmao did you really list best anti Palpatine & boba? List is irrelevant

Funny how you dismissed my post because you know I'm correct. Go on: tell me where I'm wrong. Nothing I said is irrelevant.

Anakin is the best saber hero for dealing with Palpatine and Boba. He's the only one who easily overwhelms them. Boba cannot fly within range of Anakin's Pull dominance because he's dead if he does. Palps has to dodge 24/7 and hope that Retribution is never charged.

I don't see those as bad things at all. & yes some of it is correct.
  • The_Count wrote: »
    He needs to have his saber damage weakened a bit, especially when you combine it to that card. Also giving him 1000 health is fine, BUT don’t give him the best HOK card where he gets 120...he should have 100 like everyone else, except Dooku because his block isn’t the best.

I expect my comment to be rejected by all the Anakin super bias people who only look at confirmation biases. Honestly when it is ever okay for a Hero (with 4 abilities nonetheless) have some instakill ability? Cap the damage and range. He will still be a beast without having the greatest HOK, strongest saber strikes and most health. Give him the strongest saber strike but weaken the card, and keep him with 1000 health, but don’t give him everything. Every hero has a weakness and Anakin despite being the chosen one should be no different.

Then nerf count dookus damage to 80 since he can 1 shot & do over 200 damage a swing. I like how you said except dooku lmao you're biased

Considering both of y'alls username I'd say you're both biased. That being said, Dooku's heavy hits require setup. Anakin is the only hero that has 4 abilities, the only hero to take reduced damage during an ability and his saber swing hits the hardest on lightside while also having the most health/health Regen star card. His HM has the potential to one shot if you're in a group that isn't aware of the mechanics; which is all the time in GA. In hvv a good Anakin will spam block until his team gets back, redemption, repeat. and if you're a villain that can't block well good luck. Let's be honest, he requires less skill but still outperforms, easily. That = OP
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    7363 posts Member
    edited March 3
    Dobert wrote: »
    The_Count wrote: »
    He needs to have his saber damage weakened a bit, especially when you combine it to that card. Also giving him 1000 health is fine, BUT don’t give him the best HOK card where he gets 120...he should have 100 like everyone else, except Dooku because his block isn’t the best.

I expect my comment to be rejected by all the Anakin super bias people who only look at confirmation biases. Honestly when it is ever okay for a Hero (with 4 abilities nonetheless) have some instakill ability? Cap the damage and range. He will still be a beast without having the greatest HOK, strongest saber strikes and most health. Give him the strongest saber strike but weaken the card, and keep him with 1000 health, but don’t give him everything. Every hero has a weakness and Anakin despite being the chosen one should be no different.

Then nerf count dookus damage to 80 since he can 1 shot & do over 200 damage a swing. I like how you said except dooku lmao you're biased

Considering both of y'alls username I'd say you're both biased. That being said, Dooku's heavy hits require setup. Anakin is the only hero that has 4 abilities, the only hero to take reduced damage during an ability and his saber swing hits the hardest on lightside while also having the most health/health Regen star card. His HM has the potential to one shot if you're in a group that isn't aware of the mechanics; which is all the time in GA. In hvv a good Anakin will spam block until his team gets back, redemption, repeat. and if you're a villain that can't block well good luck. Let's be honest, he requires less skill but still outperforms, easily. That = OP

Nah im not biased at all. Dooku is the only hero to have 3 dashes your point there being? Kylo, vader, obi-wan, & chewie, han, & Leia have damage reduction during their abilities. He does 165(with cards) meanwhile grevious does 160(cards) dooku does 180(cards) & he only regens 250 health. A good anakin not a poor block spamming potatoe attacks & doesn't rely on 1 ability. He requires a certain amount of skill seeing as I have destroyed a lot of ani's who rely on heroic might. Btw anakin moves require set ups as well.
  • Dobert wrote: »

Nah im not biased at all. Dooku is the only hero to have 3 dashes your point there being? Kylo, vader, obi-wan, & chewie, han, & Leia have damage reduction during their abilities. He does 165(with cards) meanwhile grevious does 160(cards) dooku does 180(cards) & he only regens 250 health. A good anakin not a poor block spamming potatoe attacks & doesn't rely on 1 ability. He requires a certain amount of skill seeing as I have destroyed a lot of ani's who rely on heroic might. Btw anakin moves require set ups as well.

Your username is literally thechosen1_anakin so you cannot expect anyone to believe you. Dooku may have 3 dodges but his block isn't as good vs ranged as Anakin's.. Plus 3 dodges doesn't really compare to a 4th ability. One that requires 0 skill and is an instant team killer... No one on light side or dark side has the most powerful, consistent saber damage with each of his abilities providing cc; and 90% damage reduction during a charge up. The definition of OP is subjective. Though, I almost feel bad when I one shot the whole team; almost.
  • Batman20
    1776 posts Member
    He does need a nerf not a major one but his heroic might needs to be nerfed so it isn't one shot kill on full health heroes
  • Dobert wrote: »
    Dobert wrote: »

Your username is literally thechosen1_anakin so you cannot expect anyone to believe you. Dooku may have 3 dodges but his block isn't as good vs ranged as Anakin's.. Plus 3 dodges doesn't really compare to a 4th ability. One that requires 0 skill and is an instant team killer... No one on light side or dark side has the most powerful, consistent saber damage with each of his abilities providing cc; and 90% damage reduction during a charge up. The definition of OP is subjective. Though, I almost feel bad when I one shot the whole team; almost.

Nah if it was dooku who had a forth ability I wouldn't mind. He blocks sabers better than anakin & with star cards can block blaster just as good
  • Chiming in again after playing few more hours with him, and I have to agree he's not that OP (HvV only, can't talk about GA).

We got numb with the current state of Grievous/Vader/Dooku how they own easily every other LS saber hero on 1v1.
  • Chiming in again after playing few more hours with him, and I have to agree he's not that OP (HvV only, can't talk about GA).

We got numb with the current state of Grievous/Vader/Dooku how they own easily every other LS saber hero on 1v1.

This while I'm primarily a HvV player these days I went to GA with him & hes overpowered in that game mode. If a good player is anakin you can't win the game at all. In HvV he is okay & yes people forget how vader was the king of 1v1s & grevious can spam & win any fight

GA is the main problem with his powers....give GA a go and let us know what you see Anakin doing there.
  • Raices
    1202 posts Member
    Chiming in again after playing few more hours with him, and I have to agree he's not that OP (HvV only, can't talk about GA).

In HvV he's slightly OP, no weaknesses, he's a necessary evil atm until all the other force users get buffed.

In GA he's OP, Heroic Might+Retribution is super cheap.
  • Raices wrote: »
    Chiming in again after playing few more hours with him, and I have to agree he's not that OP (HvV only, can't talk about GA).

In HvV he's slightly OP, no weaknesses, he's a necessary evil atm until all the other force users get buffed.

In GA he's OP, Heroic Might+Retribution is super cheap.

This he's crazy op in GA. I got 50 kills in 6 minutes phase 2 of yavin when the enemy blew past the objectives in phase 1. Needless to say the game ended in 9 minutes witj a lightside victory

GA is the main problem with his powers....give GA a go and let us know what you see Anakin doing there.

Completely ending games in good players hand lol. Why I've not stayed a single time unless I'm the lightside 😂😂
  • In reality, I wish they could "fix" passionate strike, to make it "NON cancellable"... every other insta-ability from DS can cancel it (choke, claw rush, freeze/pull, lighting stun, etc) I have always feel DS abilities take precedence over LS ones, and is very annoying.