criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

This Game needs a Hero and Reinforcement-Free Mode

Prev1345678
Piscettios
5786 posts Member
Battlefront, once upon a time, was about the troopers and infantry. Heroes were an extra/bonus/icing on the cake. Not much focus or time spent on them. The games of old benefited from this as the gameplay had legs and longevity to it.

Battlefront ‘15 has multiple modes where this is not an issue. Please give us ONE mode without them. Just one.

This game has turned into a hero-centric mashup of inconsistencies and imbalance. With each heroes released, it becomes more evident they just cannot be properly balanced to play alongside troopers.

This game desperately needs a mode where there is an even playing field. A mode where skill and smart play wins the day. At this point ANYTHING would be welcomed to those of us that aren’t looking to race for a hero and rack up pointless kill streaks to see our cool hero pose on a hollow end of game podium. Or deal with buggy and plagued hero abilities that can never seem to be gotten right.

Number 1 candidate in my eyes is Cargo(wouldn’t say no to Droid Run; Turning Point or Supremacy). But right now I’d take Blast or Strike without reinforcements as a stand in. Anything at all would be better than what we have to choose from currently.

Heroes have straight up ruined the focus and direction of what a good online multiplayer Star Wars shooter could be. Would anyone honestly be opposed to a trooper only mode? And for good measure, toss in some cards and mods for default weapons at this point? If this where to happen, those of us looking for actual competitive gameplay would have something to keep playing and look forward to.

Cargo in 2019 please.
Knights of Gareth
XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Replies

• Piscettios wrote: »
    Battlefront, once upon a time, was about the troopers and infantry. Heroes were an extra/bonus/icing on the cake. Not much focus or time spent on them. The games of old benefited from this as the gameplay had legs and longevity to it.

Battlefront ‘15 has multiple modes where this is not an issue. Please give us ONE mode without them. Just one.

This game has turned into a hero-centric mashup of inconsistencies and imbalance. With each heroes released, it becomes more evident they just cannot be properly balanced to play alongside troopers.

This game desperately needs a mode where there is an even playing field. A mode where skill and smart play wins the day. At this point ANYTHING would be welcomed to those of us that aren’t looking to race for a hero and rack up pointless kill streaks to see our cool hero pose on a hollow end of game podium. Or deal with buggy and plagued hero abilities that can never seem to be gotten right.

Number 1 candidate in my eyes is Cargo(wouldn’t say no to Droid Run; Turning Point or Supremacy). But right now I’d take Blast or Strike without reinforcements as a stand in. Anything at all would be better than what we have to choose from currently.

Heroes have straight up ruined the focus and direction of what a good online multiplayer Star Wars shooter could be. Would anyone honestly be opposed to a trooper only mode? And for good measure, toss in some cards and mods for default weapons at this point? If this where to happen, those of us looking for actual competitive gameplay would have something to keep playing and look forward to.

Cargo in 2019 please.

Great thread, as you say how can anyone be opposed to this. But I don’t believe we will get a new and additional trooper mode (would be nice though). Also to avoid the repetitiveness of having to play the same objectives over and over again I think blast would be better than strike to be a trooper only mode, as it was in 15. Removing reinforcements from either one of the modes shouldn’t take away too much devtime from whatever’s going to come next, I cannot understand why this is not considered an option.
  • Piscettios
    5786 posts Member
    Versatti wrote: »
    I agree, though I fear the new mode is going to be littered with them.

Oh I’m counting on it.
    Relmets wrote: »
    comment

With ya troopah!
    Why did they get rid of Cargo man? It's baffling

Indeed it is. Best mode between both games by a long shot IMO.
    bfloo wrote: »
    This game is all about being able to farm the points to get the op gimmick 1st.

One mode, just one mode man! 🤒
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    stop crying its annoying.. go play assault or blast if you dont have enough skills or dont like heroes

l33up6ftgwro.gif

skincarver wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »

Cargo in 2019 please.

Great thread, as you say how can anyone be opposed to this. But I don’t believe we will get a new and additional trooper mode (would be nice though). Also to avoid the repetitiveness of having to play the same objectives over and over again I think blast would be better than strike to be a trooper only mode, as it was in 15. Removing reinforcements from either one of the modes shouldn’t take away too much devtime from whatever’s going to come next, I cannot understand why this is not considered an option.

At this point, I’d be just fine and dandy if Blast was troops only.

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • bfloo
    14754 posts Member
    Versatti wrote: »
    I agree, though I fear the new mode is going to be littered with them.

Oh I’m counting on it.
    comment

With ya troopah!
    Why did they get rid of Cargo man? It's baffling

Indeed it is. Best mode between both games by a long shot IMO.
    bfloo wrote: »
    This game is all about being able to farm the points to get the op gimmick 1st.

One mode, just one mode man! 🤒
    stop crying its annoying.. go play assault or blast if you dont have enough skills or dont like heroes

l33up6ftgwro.gif

Cargo in 2019 please.

At this point, I’d be just fine and dandy if Blast was troops only.

It is every mode, if not a hero in ga or sa, it is a reinforcement in the rest of them.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• BucksawBoushh
    4692 posts Member
    edited March 3
    Infantry only Cargo is the answer. It’s also the most logical one for them to make since all they’d have to do is tweak JPC.

In an ideal world we would get both Cargo and Turning Point. Or another large scale infantry only mode.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    I liked supremacy, though I guess it's close to a conquest type mode.
  • Finest_Banana
    1740 posts Member
    edited March 3
    Infantry only Cargo is the answer. It’s also the most logical one for them to make since all they’d have to do is tweak JPC.

In an ideal world we would get both Cargo and Turning Point. Or another large scale infantry only mode.

As long as there are two cargoes (flags) instead of one
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    We've said it before and we'll keep saying it: the fact that this iteration of battlefront does not have a single mode for troopers to play in on a level playing field is a COLOSSAL FAILURE.

I'll never understand people who seem to think that the focus of this game's multiplayer should be a handful of herolords stomping on weaker units. The appeal of multiplayer is outplaying your opponent, not out-"stat"-ing them. Sure for mixed modes like GA heroes should obviously be stronger, but there are some here who clearly want omnipotent hero units. Ridiculous hero streak massacres should not be the norm. They should occur when a highly skilled player is able to capitalize on the inherent advantages heroes have. That's how multiplayer works.

All trooper players have been asking for is a turn on the content train. In terms of the troopers themselves some more customization all around the board would be nice. Some of the clone outfits are okay but that's not a significant customization drop for troops. It's for one faction only, out of six. Weapons would be much better. Weapons can be used regardless of faction or era. They serve as both a gameplay element and a customization element, and they could even do weapon skins, that's basically what the defaults are anyways.

Speaking of defaults, UNLOCK THE FACTION RESTRICTION ON THEM. Adding mods should ABSOLUTELY happen as well, but at least do the bare minimum.

And last but of course not least the troopers only mode. Ideally: Cargo. Realistically: Blast without reinforcements.

Cargo would be great though. I mean surely the foundation is there with JPC.

Basically great thread Mr Pistachios have my reply and LIKE(+1)

Agreed. Weapons, skins for other factions, modes. Heroes have more than enough content. Maybe a few skins for base Heroes, but no more extra ones. I don't understand those players, either. To each their own, but it's annoying how said players advocate that BATTLEFRONT was always, and should always, be about Heroes.
  • mastery0ta
    6032 posts Member
    Cargo? Yes please. And I'm in the minority but more hunt modes would do it for me too.
  • brienj
    679 posts Member
    What the game needs, is for Heroes to cost more BPs, and for them to not be available in the first phase, and for there to be a limit of 2 or 3 per game. That would solve all the problems currently with GA. Also, don't give so many BPs to people getting easy kills in vehicles.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    We've said it before and we'll keep saying it: the fact that this iteration of battlefront does not have a single mode for troopers to play in on a level playing field is a COLOSSAL FAILURE.

I'll never understand people who seem to think that the focus of this game's multiplayer should be a handful of herolords stomping on weaker units. The appeal of multiplayer is outplaying your opponent, not out-"stat"-ing them. Sure for mixed modes like GA heroes should obviously be stronger, but there are some here who clearly want omnipotent hero units. Ridiculous hero streak massacres should not be the norm. They should occur when a highly skilled player is able to capitalize on the inherent advantages heroes have. That's how multiplayer works.

All trooper players have been asking for is a turn on the content train. In terms of the troopers themselves some more customization all around the board would be nice. Some of the clone outfits are okay but that's not a significant customization drop for troops. It's for one faction only, out of six. Weapons would be much better. Weapons can be used regardless of faction or era. They serve as both a gameplay element and a customization element, and they could even do weapon skins, that's basically what the defaults are anyways.

Speaking of defaults, UNLOCK THE FACTION RESTRICTION ON THEM. Adding mods should ABSOLUTELY happen as well, but at least do the bare minimum.

And last but of course not least the troopers only mode. Ideally: Cargo. Realistically: Blast without reinforcements.

I Like this guy/girl!
    giphy.gif
  • Piscettios
    5786 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Cargo? Yes please. And I'm in the minority but more hunt modes would do it for me too.

I would love for Hunt to be expanded to new Endor maps at the very least.
    Btech3_14 wrote: »

Cargo in 2019 please.

This is why I’m playing Battlefield those days, there are no heroes and there is a lot more team work (because the players aren’t focused to get the hero first but play the objectives)

I was hoping for Band of Brothers-ish, we got Inglorious Basterds. Can’t bring myself to buy it.

I Like this guy/girl!
    giphy.gif

Relmets very cool fella from the troopular regions 👌🏻

Totally agree they need to add Cargo for troopers only. But they also need to adjust Blast to have a max of one enforcer and one or two aerials at a time per team.

And while they’re at it they need to make GA have a max of one or two heroes at a time per team as well.

ybep6zv4qq5c.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios
    5786 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »
    OP It’s called COD, Battlefront, Fortnite

Do you huff spray paint before each log in?

I think you missed or made a wrong turn, it’s a little further down the street on hero ave. A little reminder, skill and battlefront 2 is kinda like Tabasco sauce and peanut butter, it doesn’t really go well together, hence the thread for a few skilled modes.

Just actually reading the thread title would have saved this person from such a silly post.
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    Is this game's playerbase so hyper-focused on Heroes that it can't accept content for any other part of the game? Does every single update have to pump out more Heroes and Hero stuff?

It appears so. I’m suggesting a few things in the OP and willing to accept even the bare minimum at this point, and that seems like too much for some.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios
    5786 posts Member
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    When did the reinforcement classes become heroes? Blast, Extraction, Strike all do not feature heroes.

The only reinforcement that really gets grief is the WW. In BF15 everyone ran jet pack. The rocket launcher isn't very good anymore, the sonic grenade and thermal imploder were upgrades anyone could find before.

I can understand maybe wanting a base class only mode, but all this "we don't have a SINGLE mode for troopers only" is quite misleading, as there are actually 3.

Read the TITLE of the thread again.

Trooper only mode, four classes. No heroes, no reinforcements. I’m not the only one that wants this. My statement in the OP was clearly written and not misleading at all.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios
    5786 posts Member
    When did the reinforcement classes become heroes? Blast, Extraction, Strike all do not feature heroes.

The only reinforcement that really gets grief is the WW. In BF15 everyone ran jet pack. The rocket launcher isn't very good anymore, the sonic grenade and thermal imploder were upgrades anyone could find before.

I can understand maybe wanting a base class only mode, but all this "we don't have a SINGLE mode for troopers only" is quite misleading, as there are actually 3.

Nope. Reinforcements aren’t heroes as well as they aren’t troopers. Nobody said they’re heroes. But having more health and stronger weapons they cannot be considered equal to troopers. Also being able to have at least four reinforcements out of a team of eight these stronger units can tilt the outcome of a round massively. What we are asking for is a mode in which there aren’t neither heroes nor reinforcements- of which there is NONE. Therefore the statement is quite accurate.

Thank you! Yes
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Relmets
    2212 posts Member

tiered-unit gameplay
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets
    2212 posts Member

I Like this guy/girl!
    giphy.gif

thanks mistah J
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets
    2212 posts Member
    @AssaultPlazma Well done lad
    bNWIq4N.png
    [+3748 posts]
  • Appl3corps
    374 posts Member
    edited March 5
    I did read your title and I guess I just don't see reinforcements as "not troopers". In the old BF games, the mechanic of having an upgraded unit available has always been there, whether that was droidekas, clone commander, managuard, dark trooper, or whatever. A lot of opinions here are that BF has "always been" about the troopers first, and my point is that reinforcements have always been a part of that trooper set.

Again, I said I understand your want for a "base 4" trooper mode I suppose, but many of the elements that the reinforcements bring have been in the earlier versions of the game, in different ways. BF15 had pickups that included thermal imploders and rocket launchers, etc...and most everyone ran the jump pack star card.

I guess I'll just agree to disagree. The game already includes hero free "trooper only" modes.
  • Relmets
    2212 posts Member
    I did read your title and I guess I just don't see reinforcements as "not troopers". In the old BF games, the mechanic of having an upgraded unit available has always been there, whether that was droidekas, clone commander, managuard, dark trooper, or whatever. A lot of opinions here are that BF has "always been" about the troopers first, and my point is that reinforcements have always been a part of that trooper set.

Again, I said I understand your want for a "base 4" trooper mode I suppose, but many of the elements that the reinforcements bring have been in the earlier versions of the game, in different ways. BF15 had pickups that included thermal imploders and rocket launchers, etc...and most everyone ran the jump pack star card.

I guess I'll just agree to disagree. The game already includes hero free "trooper only" modes.

You clearly didn't do much reading at all because you still don't understand the gripe with tiered units.
    [+3748 posts]