criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

RIP, emotes in replay videos...

Billkwando
1222 posts Member
The last emote I ever got to do...

They really need an option to turn the UI off....or just rethink the whole thing. Nobody asked for it, and they didn't even come through with the team orders feature that was the only redeeming quality when they first announced they were doing it.
ZI7BNkU.gif
^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
(Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.

Replies

• BucksawBoushh
    4190 posts Member
    edited March 4
    Exactly. They need to get rid of the wheel. Visually.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Relmets
    1412 posts Member
    an option for three emotes on left up and right dpad would have been miles better
    at least as an OPTION for those who don't like the wheel
    Add weapons or bad things are going to happen
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • I would love to see the next 2-3 seconds of that video. I love the irony of emoting “Your overconfidence is your weakness” and immediately getting zapped by Palpatine before you can even finish the sentence :D

But I agree. The emote change is a misdiagnosis of a problem that wasn’t there, followed by a poor application of the wrong solution.
  • Agree, not a big fan of the wheel visually. Would be better if they were just assigned to buttons as before maybe with just 4 emotes
    Always liked using an emote after a cool kill, thats pretty much why i started recording my best kills

• Billkwando
    1222 posts Member
    edited March 5
    I would love to see the next 2-3 seconds of that video. I love the irony of emoting “Your overconfidence is your weakness” and immediately getting zapped by Palpatine before you can even finish the sentence :D

I love that you can see the tiny Palps over Luke's shoulder, right before he gets it.

It's funny because when I go to grab a video, it's a 3 or 4 step process that starts with hitting the big button in the middle of the controller, but I've done it so much I can usually get out of it quickly and be on the move. So, while he was zapping me, I was technically AFK....so there never were another 2-3 seconds, alas. I didn't even see what happened right after, but I'm pretty sure he came down and I pushed him off. LOL

Also the aforementioned irony is actually a theme in many of my videos. I have an old one, in a compilation I'm putting together, where Bossk literally shoots me across the mouth when I'm emoting.

A couple of the ones I do have up feature me getting smacked in the same way though:

Post edited by Billkwando on
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Stupid wheel, whos idea was that? I don't use emotes anymore because of that annoying wheel. Could you make it optional?
  • Billkwando wrote: »

Also the aforementioned irony is actually a theme in many of my videos. I have an old one, in a compilation I'm putting where Bossk literally shoots me across the mouth when I'm emoting.
    A couple of the ones I do have up feature me getting smacked in the same way though:

Those videos are both great :D though I have to wonder — where in the world are you teammates?!? They left you to fight 3v1 in both clips!

• Billkwando wrote: »
    The last emote I ever got to do...

They really need an option to turn the UI off....or just rethink the whole thing. Nobody asked for it, and they didn't even come through with the team orders feature that was the only redeeming quality when they first announced they were doing it.

Seems fine to me. I think it's visually very attractive and works quite well.

Developers, keep it!
  • JPainter wrote: »
    Agree, not a big fan of the wheel visually. Would be better if they were just assigned to buttons as before maybe with just 4 emotes
    Always liked using an emote after a cool kill, thats pretty much why i started recording my best kills

You want a feature removed so that you can troll more easily? LOL
  • JPainter wrote: »
    Agree, not a big fan of the wheel visually. Would be better if they were just assigned to buttons as before maybe with just 4 emotes

You want a feature removed so that you can troll more easily? LOL

That's why emote exist. So, yes. The wheel should be removed so we can troll more easily. LOL.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • "Everything works as intended"