criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Heroic might now does a max of 450!

Prev1
Thechosen1_anakin
6736 posts Member
edited March 5
7st71tz9mn17.png

Replies

• Like i said he's still gonna cripple you & basically 1 shot blaster heros
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member
    If those are the only changes they actually made he''ll actually be fixed.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Yup just go to reddit
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    6736 posts Member
    edited March 5
    Deleted
  • gratz on fixing this in a reasonable time frame.
  • IronSoldier
    3539 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    bfloo wrote: »

Yup just go to reddit

There's a thread on the forum... https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131522/star-wars-battlefront-ii-release-notes-the-chosen-one-hotfix
  • DarthJ
    6454 posts Member
    edited March 5
    Like i said he's still gonna cripple you & basically 1 shot blaster heros

Blaster heroes will still take a bigger hit but with the radius reduced it shouldn't be as bad. Wouldn't say he can one shot them but if they are in the radius they will be in trouble with his follow ups.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Blaster heroes will still take a bigger hit but with the radius reduced it shouldn't be as bad. Wouldn't say he can one shot them but if they are in the radius they will be in trouble with his follow ups.

Cooldown is 12 seconds they can't even think of pushing him & if he has pull up say bye to your hero
  • Lol people are going to cry more now
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Cooldown is 12 seconds they can't even think of pushing him & if he has pull up say bye to your hero
    And again your ok with that?
  • DarthJ
    6454 posts Member

In that case, I think we can expect to see more nerf calls....
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »

In that case, I think we can expect to see more nerf calls....

Probably but I think they're done with this move
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member

Yup just go to reddit

It is the unannounced changes we always find that worry me.

h846398gb27k.png

• Oh yea I just got one shot w Heroic Might from down the hallway
  • Wallofman
    1151 posts Member
    I have no problem with heroic might. As a Han player I have only been killed by it a few times. Once he goes into the animation you just need to roll back (or block). He telegraphs this move, giving plenty of time to prepare. I have more of an issue with his pull and then getting hit with a passionate strike. That is almost a guaranteed death.
  • Still gonna cripple you even if it doesn't oneshot
  • Wallofman
    1151 posts Member
    edited March 5
    Wallofman wrote: »
    I have no problem with heroic might. As a Han player I have only been killed by it a few times. Once he goes into the animation you just need to roll back (or block). He telegraphs this move, giving plenty of time to prepare. I have more of an issue with his pull and then getting hit with a passionate strike. That is almost a guaranteed death.

Did you mean "as a blaster hero player"? Because Anakin and Han are on the same side.

yes, my bad. I am playing Han so much. I do play light saber villains a lot, but it is very easy to protect yourself from the heroic might just by blocking. These past few nights I have been trying Boosk and was able to retreat in enough time to avoid being hit. Yes, thanks for the correction.

I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.
  • Very nice balance changes for now. He might need some additional tuning, but that can wait until the big March update later this month.
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member

If you are getting killed by Ani as Han, you are doing something very very wrong

h846398gb27k.png

• Smattonellus
    630 posts Member
    edited March 5
    Well I like they are going step by step with nerfs, I was the first saying he needed to be nerfed but I don't want him on the ground, so let's see how he does with this tweak.
    At least now I won't get oneshotted in GA while palpating around because of that skill. Well it still leaves me at 200 health or so but at least I don't instadie(I'm don't even attack him but ofc another 10 people does).
  • DarthLando
    1088 posts Member
    K, no more nerfs now
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Obi-wan goes back to being trash now, as bad as that bug was it kinda highlighted to me just what was wrong with him.

No more anakin nerfs from here on out.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I cannot wait until new threads gets posted asking to nerf the WHOLE Darkside because " Now Lightside is weak again".

5gw.gif

• Indeed. It was fun wrecking entire teams for a week, but this was pretty much inevitable.

No further nerfs though. I want his saber damage, HP, Passionate Strike, etc. to stay where they're at so he can continue to dominate in saber fighting, as he should. It's Anakin.
  • Isn't there a star card that extends the range for heroic might? Useless now? I think I have a blue card for that, but maybe I'm wrong.
  • Isn't there a star card that extends the range for heroic might? Useless now? I think I have a blue card for that, but maybe I'm wrong.

No it extends the base range far from useless
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member
    Indeed. It was fun wrecking entire teams for a week, but this was pretty much inevitable.

No further nerfs though. I want his saber damage, HP, Passionate Strike, etc. to stay where they're at so he can continue to dominate in saber fighting, as he should. It's Anakin.

Why should Anakin dominate in saber duels, he had 3 in the films and lost 2 of them.

h846398gb27k.png

• Indeed. It was fun wrecking entire teams for a week, but this was pretty much inevitable.

He's still gonna wipe out teams in GA nothing will change really

No it extends the base range far from useless

Ok, thanks. So the base range is less than the 20 meters they are talking about being the max, got it.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Indeed. It was fun wrecking entire teams for a week, but this was pretty much inevitable.

Why should Anakin dominate in saber duels, he had 3 in the films and lost 2 of them.

He won plenty in the show
  • BellatorInvictus
    48 posts Member
    edited March 5

BF2 Anakin is based on Anakin from ROTS and the Clone Wars--not AOTC, where he was still an inexperienced kid.

Anakin beat Dooku single-handedly. No other Jedi could do that--not even Yoda.

Obi-Wan didn't "beat" Anakin. He let Vader destroy himself through a tactical mistake made out of arrogance. He even told Vader what was about to happen, and Vader jumped anyway, proving that it was Vader's pride that caused his loss.

It's SW canon that Anakin was the most powerful Jedi.

• bfloo
    15009 posts Member

He won plenty in the show

I could beat Ventress too

h846398gb27k.png

Sounds good to me.
  • DarthLando
    1088 posts Member

Wrong.

Palpatine can do that too.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Wallofman
    1151 posts Member

If you are getting killed by Ani as Han, you are doing something very very wrong

I corrected myself

Palpatine can do that too.

True but anakin doesn't have to worry about another hero that can cause him to die in 2 seconds.
  • DarthLando wrote: »

Wrong.

Well in the ROTS that I saw, Obi-Wan got knocked out, leaving Anakin to take on Dooku alone. He chopped off Dooku's hands and beheaded him.

Yoda couldn't beat Dooku--it ended in a stalement with Dooku running for the door.

(Plus I'm literally right that Anakin single-handedly beat Dooku). :)
  • Not bad. It was getting really hard to fully charge HM in HvV and deal some damage anyways :smile:
  • DarthLando
    1088 posts Member
    DarthLando wrote: »

Wrong.
    Yoda couldn't beat Dooku--it ended in a stalement with Dooku running for the

Wrong. Yoda didn’t beat Dooku because he ran away.

That’s not a stalemate.
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member

Wrong.

That’s not a stalemate.

Meh, the duel was a draw, neither had the upper hand. If anything, Dooku won because his goal was just to escape from the start.

h846398gb27k.png

• Raices
    1154 posts Member
    To those saying Yoda didn't beat Dooku, he was toying with him lol

• DarthLando
    1088 posts Member

Wrong.

That’s not a stalemate.

Meh, the duel was a draw, neither had the upper hand. If anything, Dooku won because his goal was just to escape from the start.
    The duel was a draw in the sense that nobody was defeated. Dooku’s goal was to escape...because he knew he was no match for Yoda & didn’t have a realistic chance of actually killing him. Hence why he distracted him by attempting to drop the thing on Anakin or Kenobi. If the duel had played out to its entirety, Yoda would have defeated Dooku.
  • How big is the update? How come we didn't know about it? I had been quitting as DS in GA because it was pointless getting a hero and suffering sudden death.
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member
    How big is the update? How come we didn't know about it? I had been quitting as DS in GA because it was pointless getting a hero and suffering sudden death.

They announced it this morning.

h846398gb27k.png